Show me your favourite breastfeeding photos

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#1 FeralFerretOfDoom

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:03 AM

After posting a photo of me BF in the "what do real women look like" thread, it made me think how lovely it would be to celebrate the beauty of breastfeeding by sharing our photos.

I'll start the ball rolling with these...

DS supervising me feeding DD on the day we brought her home from hospital

Mummy's eye view feeding DD @ 3 months old

DS all tuckered out after his feed - 3 weeks old (but still 2 weeks to go til he was due to be born  original.gif )

Please note that your photos need to be sized less than 450 wide.

Edited by FelineFerretOfDoom, 19 January 2012 - 04:45 PM.
add request for correct sizing of photos

#2 deejie

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

What a wonderful thread wub.gif
I wish I had photos to share. I have been feeding for 20m and don't have *any* pics of DS feeding. DH won't take one (he doesn't understand why I would like to have one) and when I try to take pictures myself, DS pops off and tries to grab the camera biggrin.gif

#3 Orangedrops

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:34 PM

This is me breastfeeding my DD on her 2nd birthday  biggrin.gif

Djie that is really mean and disrespectful of your DH, make sure you get someone to take a photo. They are such precious memories.

Edited by nutsabouthazel, 14 March 2011 - 12:35 PM.

#4 charlie23

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:47 PM

My only bf'ing pic with DD sad.gif
(we didn't make it past day 8 with bf'ing due to severely cracked / bleeding nipples)

This pic was a 11 days before his first birthday.
(DS is still a boobie boy at 2yrs and 5months old!)

Edited by charlie23, 14 March 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#5 R2B2

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:50 PM

Such a beautiful thread! DH snapped one the other day biggrin.gif will go look for it now original.gif
Precious moments  wub.gif

#6 LisaMaree82

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:54 PM

I have one of me feeding my newborn and my 2.5 yr old, it is lovely.  

And of course there is the one where I tried to get up and walk away and two yr old DD didn't detatch lol.

#7 CountryBumpkin

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

DS3's first breastfeed.. he self weaned at 17.5 months original.gif

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5294/552453..._db86c46366.jpg

Edited by rjflc69, 15 March 2011 - 03:58 PM.
Edit to remove oversized photo and replace with link

#8 R2B2

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:05 PM

Edited by *SparklingWiggles*, 26 July 2011 - 07:27 AM.

#9 ~Mintie~

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

I only have one, and it's cropped so you can't see me lol.
DS at 5 weeks

Edited by ~Mintie~, 14 March 2011 - 01:07 PM.

#10 R2B2

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

Edited by *SparklingWiggles*, 26 July 2011 - 07:28 AM.

#11 Bel Rowley

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:17 PM

This isn't a great photo but it is very special to me. DS almost died shortly after he was born, he was rushed off to the NICU and I wasn't able to cuddle him and have the skin on skin time I wanted. He spent most of his first day on various monitors with tubes everywhere. Finally at 15 hours old I was able to give him his first breastfeed, and he took to it amazingly well, I was so relieved. A few hours earlier I wasn't sure if I'd ever get a chance to feed him.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/ges...er/IMG_2060.jpg

Edited by rjflc69, 15 March 2011 - 04:00 PM.

#12 R2B2

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

Thats gorgeous Blondibear. Very precious moment. Sorry to hear about your little ones rough start. hes a cutie.

#13 mumto4monkeys

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:34 PM

this is so beautiful!

I dont think I have any either. sad.gif

#14 Riotproof

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (*SparklingWiggles* @ 14/03/2011, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats gorgeous Blondibear. Very precious moment. Sorry to hear about your little ones rough start. hes a cutie.

Such a beautiful thread.

I'm not sure I have one. Will have to have a look.

#15 goldimouse

Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:51 PM

These two are of the same feed - I just love how blissed out she is. She's about two months old here I think... my favourite thing is that she's drinking with her pinkies out - such a little lady! laughing2.gif

These last two I love just because this is how we so often did it - wherever I was at the time, we'd just stop and have what I ended up calling a "milk cuddle" wub.gif

I don't have any photos of me feeding her when she's older. Only just realised that.

It's abundantly clear from looking at these photos that I didn't bother doing my hair for about six months after DD was born LOL

Edited by Robbie, 14 March 2011 - 03:47 PM.

#16 nayjay

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:03 PM

wub.gif   So many precious moments.  This is one when DS3 was about 7-8mth old.  He was born at 32 wks and it was a very long battle to breastfeed but we overcome all the hurdles and he breastfed until 23mth.  His big sister is kissing him on the head.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r12/nay...2007pics084.jpg

Edited by rjflc69, 15 March 2011 - 04:01 PM.

#17 sparassidae

Posted 14 March 2011 - 02:12 PM

I've been bfeeding pretty much continuously for over 11 years and have hardly any photos of it. I think because most of that time was pre digital camera, so the chances of having a roll in the camera was slim on an average week, plus of course the fact that breastfeeding is (although very special) just "part of everyday". Not unique (like a holiday destination) or once in a lifetime (like wedding).

Anyway, after those musings, here are my favs:

3yo DD#3

Tandem 3yo DD#3 and maybe 6 month old DS#2

That one was a deliberate photo taken because I realised I was coming to the end of my tandem feeding time (my limit for bfeeding is 4 yrs) and so far I didn't have a single photo, after all those years and children combinations  ohmy.gif

Edited by sparassidae, 16 March 2011 - 07:37 AM.

#18 LisaMaree82

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

wub.gif

#19 FeralLIfeHacker

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

Such beautiful pictures.

#20 raven74

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:13 PM

Sparassidae, that would have to be the most beautiful BF pic I have ever seen  wub.gif

#21 Amber88

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

Love this thread! I'm going to try take a pic later to share.

#22 Azul

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

Any photos I have of breastfeeding would be on my hard drive, which has a virus... sad.gif

#23 niggles

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:21 PM

I took this one myself after DD fell asleep during a feed one day.
She wasn't doing that much anymore so I wanted a record of that utter contentment on her face.

#24 gizboo

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:25 PM

DD2, brand new. wub.gif
We were separated for about an hour after the c/s, but had skin to skin (again) straight away back on the ward. Apparently she screamed the place down with her dad cuddling her until I got there.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/gizboo/IMG_9149.jpg

#25 lucky 2

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

This is a beautiful thread wub.gif .
I have very few as I was in the middle of anxiety and depression and no one around me thought to take photos. Ridiculous when I consider how passionate I am about bfing and love to see it.
So don't forget to have someone help out with some.
At work I have been known to take photo's (with permission of course and usually with mum's mobile phone) of mums and bubs bfing in case they didn't have any.

Do you want the thread to be pinned, or would that be too much exposure (pardon the pun)!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'Tired' mum dies of undiagnosed diabetes

New mum Nicky Rigby thought her exhaustion was due to the demands of looking after her baby. But the 26-year-old was seriously ill with diabetes, and died due to her condition not being diagnosed.

20 signs of a great relationship

The secret to a perfect relationship is admitting you are wrong after an argument, five kisses a day and sex twice a week, a new survey suggests.

Video: emotional 60-second Robin Williams tribute

Take a minute to remember some of the greatest films of your childhood ... and have a few tissues close at hand.

The realities of escaping domestic violence

?Why doesn?t she just leave?? is the common question people ask when trying to understand domestic violence. For many, leaving the relationship is far from straightforward.

Home truths: the DIY dos and don'ts

A professional renovator gives advice on which jobs you should do yourself, and which you should outsource.

Parenting lessons I?ve yet to learn

Instead of writing about the stuff I do know since becoming a mum, I thought I'd share some of the things I don't. These are the lessons that motherhood hasn't taught me.

Will I be wrecked 'down there' after birth?

Did you worry about how you would look "down there" after giving birth? This mum-to-be found plenty of women willing to share their knowledge.

The new weekend playgroup for working mums

Playgroups are great for kids and parents alike - but the downside is that they often meet during the week, leaving working mums out of the loop.

Letting your toddler be the boss at bedtime

Sick of spending hours trying to get your toddler to sleep? These experts say giving your child more of a say at bedtime might be the answer.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

Consulting 'Dr Google' when you're pregnant

We're all guilty of turning to the internet for a quick answer when we need medical advice, but Dr Google should be approached with caution - especially when you're pregnant.

16 ways to tie a scarf

Scarfs are the perfect winter accessory. Whether you're freezing at soccer training or wanting to add a splash of colour to a monochrome top, the right scarf will sort you out in no time. Just ask Nina Proudman.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

The simple way to support other parents

We may be raising children of different ages and sexes, with different personalities, but we, as parents, aren't that different - we all have similar struggles, fears, doubts, responsibilities.

Seeing the big picture when it comes to parenting

Sometimes it feels like hundreds of tiny cracks are spreading across the surface of our lives, creeping slowly into the foundations and threatening to make them crumble. How do we hold it all together?

How to spot a lactaboobiephobia sufferer

Lactation consultant Meg Nagle refused to stay silent when Facebook removed two photos of her breastfeeding. Instead, she coined a term to describe those who don't recognise breastfeeding for the natural and non-sexual act that it is.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

Most kids have their own personal brand of oddity. Others, like these 10 weird habits, crop up again and again.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.