98 replies to this topic

#1 GeraniumQueen

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:16 PM

New thread time

link to last thread

#2 leebec

Posted 09 March 2011 - 09:05 AM

Gold!!!

Hi everyone - I will be joining you as I am about to start my first month of Clomid. My Ob wants me to wait till Tuesday to see if AF comes on its own, if not he is going to give me something to bring it on and then on CD3 I can start the clomid.

I had a bfp in November and had a missed miscarriage in December. Yesterday they discovered Polysystic Ovaries so basically who knows how I got preg in November. Might be because I came off the pill having been on it for 17 years and that was my first actual month ever having a "proper" af.

I am a little apprehensive as to whether this will work or not. He has not mentioned anything about monitoring to see how i am going etc. I am going to ask about a cd21 blood test to see if I do actually ovulate. I am going back to see him in 6 weeks though.

#3 *vicky*

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

SILVER! biggrin.gif

Welcome leebec!  I hope your journey is an amazing one!

Well today was CD32 and I tested this morning and got a  BFN.gif but still no sign of AF  ohmy.gif  

sad.gif I guess I'll give it a few more days, then give the Dr a call if nothing shows up....

#4 kodie

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:31 PM

Hi

Hope its ok if i join in too.

I had relatively no trouble falling pregnant with my DS who is 3 in June (took about 5 mths), this time round I have been TTC since May 2010 and when my cycles started to get longer than 36 days, one was even 65 days I got checked out and found out i have POCS.

I am on D24 of my first cycle with Clomid. Think I O'd on day 20 but not really sure. Had a blood test at day 21 but thought i would just see if/when AF comes before calling or going back to my FS. I guess I am just hoping this isn't going to be hard and one round will do it! I know wishful thinking - but just not really prepared to think being a long drawn out process.

Not many side affects for me, a little emotional maybe (I had a very stressful/difficult work conversation on the first day on clomid and had a very emotional reaction).

Good luck everyone.

K

#5 *Felix*

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:46 AM

Hi ladies hope you don't mind me joining.

I am 37 & DH 37 TTC#1 for 18 mths.  Tried Clomid back in Sept/Oct 2010 failed to O on both 50mg & 100mg.

So we are starting OI as of tonight.  1st Puregon injection tonight CD5 then BT CD10 hopefully U/S soon after then Pregnyl trigger shot.  Just a little excited as I've been waiting 3 mths for AF to show longest cycle ever just shows stress is not healthy.

#6 Forum Moderator

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:42 PM

Bump

#7 Babymurk

Posted 19 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

Hi Ladies

Not sure if people are reading this forum but thought I would post here as we are TTC again. Tuesday I went to my Gyno as I am currently at CD 90 – have been seeing a Chinese Herbalist Acupuncture but that has just increased my cycles rather then decreasing. So Dr has prescribed that I take Provera to bring on AF prior to starting clomid.

The plan of attack is to give Clomid a try for 3 months to see if I ovulate and if nothing then will look at doing the ovarian drilling to see if that helps with ovulation.

We are also getting DH tested as he said if there is an issue then we can not waste time with the clomid should I be ovulating if there is a problem with him. I am feeling like a weight has been taken off of my shoulders as, as funny as it sounds, looking forward to AF so I can start a new cycle

If there is another forum that anyone can recommend if this thread doesn’t get much response it would be appreciated

#8 smallbump

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hi babymurk,

My FS gave me as well 3 months supply of Clomid taken on day 2-6 @50mg.
I've jut finished my first round and the side effects were not too bad, Only hot flushes.

I went for a scan on Day 11 and the nurse found 2 follicles sizes 15.7&11mm. she said the the 15.7mm was a good size biggrin.gif
I haven't ovulated yet and I'm a bit worried. i ovulate on my own but I have a low ovarian reserve.

it's good that your Dh will get tested.
Have you tested your tubes just in case if they are blocked?

i was the same, i could n't wait to see my AF coming when I first started.
Have you started clomid yet or still waiting ddown.gif

#9 Leafprincess

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

Can I join too?

My latest round of clomid resulted in neg result last week but still not AF

Going to see gyno tomorrow to see what is going on.

#10 Babymurk

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:45 AM

Smallbump – I am currently on day 5 of the Provera so hopefully AF should arrive in the next couple of days then I can start Clomid on CD 5.  I have used clomid before so I have learnt that for me it is better to take of a night time as I get less side effects but glad to hear that you only get the hot flushes.  At the moment I don’t believe that I will be getting scans just the BT on CD21.  I have had the test where they put the dye through your tubes a couple of years ago and that come back all clear.

Yipfazel – Good luck with the gyno tomorrow, hopefully they can let you know what is going on

#11 smallbump

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

Hi Yipfazel!
Have you been monitored? because if you have they could check your blood work and scan for any defect and advise you if you need to increase your dosage.

Let us know how you went with your gyno.

Babymurk, The CD21 is better than nothing at least you will know if you ovulate on clomid which in fact is the main thing.

I did a second OPK today and i saw a faint line grin.gif , I couldn't beileve it at first.
I have a short 24 day cycle, short luteal phase and I never really ovulate at the same time.
So, I've contated my FS to let her know. So tomorrow morning I'm going for another scan and blood work.
Let's pray that my 2 follies are mature enought hands.gif

#12 Leafprincess

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hi everyone

I guess i should have given a little more background.

Yes, I had blood work done and scans too. It was all around Christmas and new years so the dates for checke ups wasn't perfect. I had a scan done on the 29th because they would be shut over new years etc. There were three possible foliicales but they were still small. The Gyno I was seeing was a relief one as my regular one was on holidays

Previously, when I took clomid I would be on a 28 day cycle.

so going off a 28 day cycle my period was due about 9 days ago.

I left it until last thursday to get a blood test, but came back negative.

I am still waiting for my period but it doesn't seem to be coming. I have felt a little vomity the last few days but it could be just anxiety from the lack of period.

I see my usual Gyno tomorrow, she's been seeing me the past few years and hopefully can shed some light on the case of the missing period.

SMALLBUMP: pray for you too, let us know how it goes

BABYMURK: a close friend has ovarian drilling done, clomid, injections and then eventually IVF for her first baby. The drilling did help, but she did experience about a week of heavy period like cramps and couldn't work. For her the clomid had bad side effects ESP. Headaches.

I've been on clomid for short bursts here and there, it works (its how RAF and Tiger cub were conceived, they both died due to a genetic condition called triploidy- very rare) I do get side effects but they are tolerable, I can still work etc. Usually. Get sore boobs after ovulation, the occasional headache and hot flushes. I guess the most important thing to remember is that clomid is not a miracle pill and that hyper ovulation is a possible side effect that shouldn't be ignored.

#13 Mollie's mummy

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hi,    I was just wondering if anyone was healthy and O normally and as far as they know can convince naturally that have used clomid to speed up the chances of falling pregnant? Also has anyone purchased clomid online without a prescription?Thanks original.gif

#14 Leafprincess

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:02 PM

Greedy:
I'm not sure if you are seriously considering taking the action you outlined in your post.
It would be extremely RISKY and potentially  DANGEROUS to take clomid unsupervised.

You can suffer the very real consequences of hyper ovulation Where complications can include:

"Ovarian torsion and renal damage may both occur."

Clomid is a prescribed medication and for good reason, go see your doctor, they are not m&ms.

#15 smallbump

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

Hi Greedy,
Yipfazel is absolutly right.
How long have you been TTC? The other issue you might encounter is if your tubes are blocked or you DH has a sperm diffect or other, clomid won't help you.
It's your body your choice.

Ypfazel, don't give up as yet,PMS hasn't show her ulgy face, so anything can happen.
I'll pray for you hands.gif , I hope it's your month!

My 2 follicles this morning were 25.6 and 17.5 cclap.gif and they found another one at 15.2mm!! laughing2.gif
I'm hestatic, the nurse will call me this afternoon to give my blood result.
I started BDing since day 12 so i'll carry on until the end of the week.

#16 Leafprincess

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

That is AWESOME Smallbump!
cclap.gif
eexcite.gif

Will let you know whats happening shortly, appointment is in an hours time... Watch this space

#17 Leafprincess

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

Went to the Gyno

I had an anovulation basically the focicale never developed into an egg hence no period

She thinks I'm clomid resistant, so here is the plan:

Metformin- will help with the clomid resistance and also m/c
Provera to induce a bleed
Then take clomid and hopefully ovulate, do the bed tango, create a little sticky one that is healthy and bobs your uncle.

Well that's the PLAN

#18 smallbump

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

that sounds a good plan yyes.gif .
Now you'll be better gear up for your next cycle ph34r.gif
I should watch out for this as well, I'm still waiting to ovulate.
And i've read that a follicle @25mm or over could be a cyst oomg2.gif
Still no call from the nurse, I start to be impatient!

#19 smallbump

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

just received my phone call.
I'll be ovulating tonight so lot of BDing for me tonight and on Australia day llove.gif

#20 Babymurk

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:02 AM

Greedy - I tend to agree with the others, i wouldn't be taking it unless i was monitored I think it’s too risky not to be, but as smallbump said it is your body and choice.

smallbump  eexcite.gif for ovulation that is fantastic news, i'll be  ph34r.gif over the next 2w to see how you are going

yipfazel - Im also taking metformin with clomid.  hands.gif that is combo works for you.  When are you starting with the provera?

AFM - Finished taking provera on Tuesday and no sign of AF with camps etc but my face has had a little breakout this morning.  DR did say that AF can start between 2 and 5 days later so hopefully it will arrive shortly.  I never thought i would say this but hurry up AF so i can start taking the clomid lol  biggrin.gif

Hope everyone is well hhugs.gif

#21 smallbump

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:16 AM

My ovulation was very painful. it was maybe because of the size of the follicules.
I'm 4dpo but i don't feel any different. I had hot flushes yesterday but I think this was the remaining Clomid symptoms.

I'll test at 12dpo and see what happens. I really don't think I'll be successful first time but at least i know i responded well with Clomid.

Babymurk, i hope your AF arrives quick!

#22 smallbump

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

Just an update.
i'm now 6dpo and I don't have any symptoms.
I know it is too soon blush.gif

Anyway the only visual sypmtom was yesterday I had a creamy lotion cm(sorry for TMI) but this is not really unuasual for me.

My AF are due normally in 2 days.(AF started on 11th jan and I have 24 days cycle) However, Clomid made me ovulated later so who knows when my AF will be. nno.gif

Babymurk have you started Clomid?

#23 Babymurk

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

waves.gif  

Anyway the only visual sypmtom was yesterday I had a creamy lotion cm(sorry for TMI) but this is not really unuasual for me
Hopefully this is a good sign i'll be ph34r.gif on you over the next couple of days

Smallbumb AF arrived on Sunday and i will be starting Clomid tomorrow.  I have decided to take of an evening as i used to get less side effects so i am going to give it a try again.  

I have also started doing some light exercise to try to help get fit as well as work on assisting the PCOS so hopefully this will help keep me motivated to also stay away from the naughty foods.

#24 smallbump

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

You're so good,I should do some exercises too but instead i've done a month of acupuncture just before starting clomid. I know i've shoosen the lazy way blush.gif

Anyway, 7dpo a bit of creamy cm and few very mild twinges here & there and a bit bloated like if my AF is coming. In theory my AF is due Tomorow cry1.gif so...

#25 Babymurk

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

ph34r.gif Smallbump: ph34r.gif    How are you going?   ph34r.gif Any good news for us? ph34r.gif :

Well i am on CD9 today with my last Clomid to be taken tonight.  Its been a while since i have been on it so it was a little weird to feel some of the side effects, its not to bad just a little sick.gif,  tender (.Y.),  a little bit of cramps and hot flushes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly caf goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

WIN two Sea-Bands plus $1000

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band Prize Pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos Gift Card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.