Pizza Hut - dine in - eat all you want
do they still exist ?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 donuts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

Do these still exist in Sydney ??

The good old 90's when you could go and eat all you want and then hoe-down on the soft serve ice cream...

#2 gugububs

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

Yep they still do that, well in bendigo they did original.gif

#3 mumma78

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:21 PM

The thought of that makes me feel ill, I remember loving it. Same with Sizzler, I loved their icecream, but seedy all you can eat is worse than deli meat.

#4 3spunkymonkeys

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

There's one in Windsor, and it is crap!!

#5 The-Missus

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

I hope not ... I have bad memories of gorging myself sick when I was a teen.

I'm surprised any of those 'eat all you want' concepts are still around, the potential health/hygiene issues would be phenomenal.  They aren't referred to as 'chew & spew' for nothing.

The only good thing about the Pizza Hut 'pig out' bar was the chocolate mousse and the choc chips to garnish biggrin.gif

#6 Always amazed!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

Yep we go to the one in windsor.....!!!! There is one in greenhills( near maitland) and one in lakehaven .. there the only 3 i know of!

#7 catmeow82

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

oooh. i used to love pizza hut eat in. it was the only time we had pizza! Loved sizzler too. Wouldn't go to either now though. yuk!

#8 Steggles

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

Ahhhh fond memories of ice cream and coke spiders... all over the floor....

#9 Azadel

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

The one on George St in the CBD still does it too.

#10 sarah-m

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

My hubby loves Pizza hut all you can eat - such a bloke! It's actually good place to go with kids, as kids eat free and they have vegies and salad and hot chips and garlic bread... all stuff my kids eat! Hubby gets to gorge himself and I can enjoy two bowls of soft serve original.gif

ETA; We go to the one in Greenhills Maitland... Not very close to Sydney!!

Edited by sarah-m, 25 January 2011 - 07:36 PM.

#11 Nicole

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

There's one in St Andrews, between Liverpool and Campbelltown. It's walkable from my house, yum. We also have a Sizzler 5 mins by car away from us.

I love the apple pizza and ice cream, so good, but so bad.

#12 --binda--

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

pretty sure Mt Druitt still has one..

Last time I went it was crap.. but that was a few years ago.. Definitely wasn't like when i was a kid!

#13 Princesinders

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

I don't remember an all you can eat Pizza Hut.

But I do remember the plastic red and white gingham tableclothes, the smell of oregano as you approached the door of the oddly triangular shaped building, starting with the salad bar which had to include Thousand Island dressing, the little red pencils and the bendy alien toys.  biggrin.gif

#14 adnama

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

Our local one Greenhills is very hit and miss. Sometimes its great other times i'd prefer to eat dog food

Edited by adnama, 25 January 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#15 gizboo

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

We occasionally go to the one at Lake Haven.
QUOTE (Nicole @ 25/01/2011, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the apple pizza and ice cream, so good, but so bad.

Lake Haven doesn't do apple pizza though...
I grew up going to the one at Wetherill Park, my fave was the apple pizza!! *sighs*

#16 Guest_Buy Me A Pony!_*

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

There's something I'm glad to leave in the past. My memories of a salad made from alfalfa, bacon chips and thousand island dressing need to stay exactly where I'll always remain fond of them.

#17 soapy

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

We have one left in Adelaide and it's nasty but love it. Would not touch the salads though. Love the pizza, garlic bread, crummy all you can drink plastic cups and the chocolate mousse. I also love to use the ice cream machine and think of times long gone when I worked in an icecream shop.  smile1.gif

#18 Jen1

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

As far as I know Brisbane don't have any Pizza Huts eat in. I thought the last one was at Arana Hills. It has now changed into a jewellery and coffee shop.

#19 trina-p

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

I had heard that the last Brisbane pizza hut restaurant was at Browns Plains but I have never confirmed that for myself.
I just wonder what else they've used the hat shaped buildings for because every restaurant I've seen has become either a solicitors or real estate agency.

Edited by trina-p, 26 January 2011 - 10:41 AM.

#20 Nicole

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

I just wonder what else they've used the hat shaped buildings for because every restaurant I've seen has become either a solicitors or real estate agency.

I know of two that have been turned into funeral parlours lol.

#21 onedayatatime

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

We went to the one in Windsor late last year and it was re-vol-t-ing!!
The restaurant was so dirty, the toilets looked like they had not been cleaned in months, vomit up the wall in one badly cleaned off, the plates we all greasy (maybe their dishwasher does not work) we got there at 5pm when they start and there were still dirty tables from the night before.... never again!!!

I know of two that have been turned into funeral parlours lol.

LoL the one in Thornlegih is a Subway, still remember it from being a teen, oh the memories of the underground car park.... It looks funny they have painted the roof bright green, still cant discuise it's past though....

Funeral parlour - probably becuause the cool rooms were already there...

Edited by AudreyHepburn, 26 January 2011 - 10:56 AM.

#22 Nappypin

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:57 AM

we do not have pizza hut, DH has a co worker, 20 year old say what is Pizza hut ?????  roll2.gif

We have sizzler. Not too keen on sizzler though.

#23 Guest_BBlessed_*

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

We were excited to find one when we moved to Ballarat a few years ago, as it was something from my childhood I wanted to share with my kids.

We went a few times and it was truly awful. ALL the pizzas were "manager's special" type things (ie a pile of left over toppings thrown onto a pizza). There were no *real* flavours - just an on going pile of leftovers banged onto pizza bases. No effort in varying the bases either - sometimes there'd be all thin crusts, and another there's be deep pan or nothing. You'd have to wait because all the pizzas would be gone and no replacements brought out, and even the salad bar was sorry and sad.

I used to LOVE those bacon chips. I cannot imagine WHY my parents would let me eat as many as I did - yuck yuck yuck! We were allowed only one serve of dessert yet I was allowed to pile those little pills of salt onto my plate multiple times!!

#24 Bel Rowley

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Buy Me A Pony! @ 25/01/2011, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's something I'm glad to leave in the past. My memories of a salad made from alfalfa, bacon chips and thousand island dressing need to stay exactly where I'll always remain fond of them.

tthumbs.gif

Their pizzas are so gross, I'll be quite happy if I never eat one again.

#25 Guest_Phenomenon_*

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

There used to be 2 around my area when i was younger. We would go there for our birthdays and we loved it!

Now they have shut down, i miss their wicked apple crumble  blush.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Ada Nicodemou: 'I can never be completely happy again'

Home and Away actress Ada Nicodemou has opened up about the loss of her stillborn baby.

10 things to consider when you're thinking about trying for a baby

Before you start tracking your menstrual cycle and reading up on the best positions to get pregnant, there are a few other things you may want to consider.

Baby Gammy's dad tries to claim charity money

The biological father of baby Gammy has reportedly tried to access charity money raised for the little boy's medical costs.

How special surgery and IVF can create a post-vasectomy baby

Cricket legend Glenn McGrath and his second wife Sara are expecting their first child together, thanks to IVF and a delicate surgical sperm retrieval process that helped the couple to conceive.

Belle Gibson's mother 'disgusted and embarrassed'

The mother of disgraced wellness blogger Belle Gibson has accused her daughter of lying about her childhood in an attempt to garner public sympathy.

Life On Mars

It's men who need 'retraining', not women

We are all responsible for our own behaviour. Telling victims to harden up is wrong.

Doctor's mobile phone 'left inside c-section mum'

A new mum claims a doctor left his mobile phone inside her after delivering her baby via caesarean section.

I'm a mum and I'm following my dreams

I want my kids to know that no matter what happens in life, you can still be who it is that you've always wanted to be.

Those first daycare days

I had this innate 'mum' moment the other day.

'If one person had listened, my life would have been so different'

Katherine's father will die in prison for the horrifying sexual abuse of his daughter. Yet she is the one with the true life sentence.

Couple to celebrate terminally ill baby's birthday in unique way

Baby Jai Bishop has lived at Starship Hospital for the past seven months, with his parents flying back and forth from Hokitika, 1100km away, to be by his side.

This new plan undermines breastfeeding and baby health at everyone's expense

Mothers, babies, the health system and the wider society are going to pay the price of this new budget.

Trying to understand why your baby is upset

Working out what?s underlying your baby's fussiness can be a case of trial and error. Here are a few common causes and how you can remedy each one.

When those you love judge your parenting

In today's society, never has it been harder to parent without judgment. But what about when judgment is coming from closer to home?

Don't play the victim blame game with family violence

It's not a woman's job to teach violent men how to behave.

11 truths about having two under two

When I told my mothers? group that my husband and I had started trying for our second baby they told me I was crazy. Now I can see why.

'How do you say goodbye to someone you've only just started to get to know?'

New mum Sarah Sutton was faced with a shattering scenario no person should have to endure.

It's a ... boy! Couple welcomes son number 13

"It's a boy!" That's the phrase Kateri Schwandt has heard in labour delivery ward for the 13th time in her life.

Six reasons to go for a walk

Can't find time to get to the gym? It could be just as beneficial to put your baby in the stroller and go for a walk.

Seven questions you should be asking about your health cover

If the last time you assessed your health cover was five years ago, there?s a chance it may no longer suit your needs. To ensure it?s still right for your family, click here for seven questions to ask.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

How to use gas effectively in labour

Many women in labour don't use gas effectively and suffer more side effects than benefits. Here's how to get the most out of this pain relief option.

'He has gastro but that's okay, right?': sick kid etiquette

We cannot place all children who are sick in a bubble till they recover, but we can give other parents a choice about exposing their kids to them.

Ada Nicodemou: 'I can never be completely happy again'

Home and Away actress Ada Nicodemou has opened up about the loss of her stillborn baby.

10 things to consider when you're thinking about trying for a baby

Before you start tracking your menstrual cycle and reading up on the best positions to get pregnant, there are a few other things you may want to consider.

How special surgery and IVF can create a post-vasectomy baby

Cricket legend Glenn McGrath and his second wife Sara are expecting their first child together, thanks to IVF and a delicate surgical sperm retrieval process that helped the couple to conceive.

Belle Gibson's mother 'disgusted and embarrassed'

The mother of disgraced wellness blogger Belle Gibson has accused her daughter of lying about her childhood in an attempt to garner public sympathy.

Doctor's mobile phone 'left inside c-section mum'

A new mum claims a doctor left his mobile phone inside her after delivering her baby via caesarean section.

I'm a mum and I'm following my dreams

I want my kids to know that no matter what happens in life, you can still be who it is that you've always wanted to be.

Those first daycare days

I had this innate 'mum' moment the other day.

'If one person had listened, my life would have been so different'

Katherine's father will die in prison for the horrifying sexual abuse of his daughter. Yet she is the one with the true life sentence.

This new plan undermines breastfeeding and baby health at everyone's expense

Mothers, babies, the health system and the wider society are going to pay the price of this new budget.

Couple to celebrate terminally ill baby's birthday in unique way

Baby Jai Bishop has lived at Starship Hospital for the past seven months, with his parents flying back and forth from Hokitika, 1100km away, to be by his side.

Life On Mars

It's men who need 'retraining', not women

We are all responsible for our own behaviour. Telling victims to harden up is wrong.

Baby Gammy's dad tries to claim charity money

The biological father of baby Gammy has reportedly tried to access charity money raised for the little boy's medical costs.

Where are the childcare places?

It?s all very well to encourage women to work if they choose to, but how can the measures lead to increased workforce participation when women are once again left holding the baby?

The pain of not having babies and not knowing why

After seven years of wishing, hoping, crying, punching pillows and shouting "why me?!", the end result is more than I ever thought possible.

Getting your family finances in order

Whether you're after a new car for a growing family, a bigger house, or are just fixing up your finances, here are the basics on borrowing.

Mum shares graphic selfie to warn against tanning

A mum has shared a graphic photo of her skin cancer treatment as a warning to others.

Does parenthood make us happier?

We can certainly gain higher levels of happiness when we become parents, but the trick is to not get overwhelmed by the pressures of raising our kids.

No, having a dog is not like having a human child

It's obvious these people dote on their pets, but they're barking up the wrong tree.

Top baby names

Baby Names

The numbers are in and we can now bring you the 2014 top baby name list for Australia.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.