Pizza Hut - dine in - eat all you want
do they still exist ?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 donuts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:15 PM

Do these still exist in Sydney ??

The good old 90's when you could go and eat all you want and then hoe-down on the soft serve ice cream...

#2 gugububs

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

Yep they still do that, well in bendigo they did original.gif

#3 mumma78

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:21 PM

The thought of that makes me feel ill, I remember loving it. Same with Sizzler, I loved their icecream, but seedy all you can eat is worse than deli meat.

#4 3spunkymonkeys

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

There's one in Windsor, and it is crap!!

#5 The-Missus

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

I hope not ... I have bad memories of gorging myself sick when I was a teen.

I'm surprised any of those 'eat all you want' concepts are still around, the potential health/hygiene issues would be phenomenal.  They aren't referred to as 'chew & spew' for nothing.

The only good thing about the Pizza Hut 'pig out' bar was the chocolate mousse and the choc chips to garnish biggrin.gif

#6 Always amazed!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

Yep we go to the one in windsor.....!!!! There is one in greenhills( near maitland) and one in lakehaven .. there the only 3 i know of!

#7 catmeow82

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

oooh. i used to love pizza hut eat in. it was the only time we had pizza! Loved sizzler too. Wouldn't go to either now though. yuk!

#8 Steggles

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

Ahhhh fond memories of ice cream and coke spiders... all over the floor....

#9 Azadel

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

The one on George St in the CBD still does it too.

#10 sarah-m

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

My hubby loves Pizza hut all you can eat - such a bloke! It's actually good place to go with kids, as kids eat free and they have vegies and salad and hot chips and garlic bread... all stuff my kids eat! Hubby gets to gorge himself and I can enjoy two bowls of soft serve original.gif

ETA; We go to the one in Greenhills Maitland... Not very close to Sydney!!

Edited by sarah-m, 25 January 2011 - 07:36 PM.

#11 Nicole

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

There's one in St Andrews, between Liverpool and Campbelltown. It's walkable from my house, yum. We also have a Sizzler 5 mins by car away from us.

I love the apple pizza and ice cream, so good, but so bad.

#12 --binda--

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:52 PM

pretty sure Mt Druitt still has one..

Last time I went it was crap.. but that was a few years ago.. Definitely wasn't like when i was a kid!

#13 Tofu Puff

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

I don't remember an all you can eat Pizza Hut.

But I do remember the plastic red and white gingham tableclothes, the smell of oregano as you approached the door of the oddly triangular shaped building, starting with the salad bar which had to include Thousand Island dressing, the little red pencils and the bendy alien toys.  biggrin.gif

#14 adnama

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

Our local one Greenhills is very hit and miss. Sometimes its great other times i'd prefer to eat dog food

Edited by adnama, 25 January 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#15 gizboo

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

We occasionally go to the one at Lake Haven.
QUOTE (Nicole @ 25/01/2011, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the apple pizza and ice cream, so good, but so bad.

Lake Haven doesn't do apple pizza though...
I grew up going to the one at Wetherill Park, my fave was the apple pizza!! *sighs*

#16 Guest_Buy Me A Pony!_*

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

There's something I'm glad to leave in the past. My memories of a salad made from alfalfa, bacon chips and thousand island dressing need to stay exactly where I'll always remain fond of them.

#17 soapy

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

We have one left in Adelaide and it's nasty but love it. Would not touch the salads though. Love the pizza, garlic bread, crummy all you can drink plastic cups and the chocolate mousse. I also love to use the ice cream machine and think of times long gone when I worked in an icecream shop.  smile1.gif

#18 Jen1

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

As far as I know Brisbane don't have any Pizza Huts eat in. I thought the last one was at Arana Hills. It has now changed into a jewellery and coffee shop.

#19 trina-p

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

I had heard that the last Brisbane pizza hut restaurant was at Browns Plains but I have never confirmed that for myself.
I just wonder what else they've used the hat shaped buildings for because every restaurant I've seen has become either a solicitors or real estate agency.

Edited by trina-p, 26 January 2011 - 10:41 AM.

#20 Nicole

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

I just wonder what else they've used the hat shaped buildings for because every restaurant I've seen has become either a solicitors or real estate agency.

I know of two that have been turned into funeral parlours lol.

#21 onedayatatime

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

We went to the one in Windsor late last year and it was re-vol-t-ing!!
The restaurant was so dirty, the toilets looked like they had not been cleaned in months, vomit up the wall in one badly cleaned off, the plates we all greasy (maybe their dishwasher does not work) we got there at 5pm when they start and there were still dirty tables from the night before.... never again!!!

I know of two that have been turned into funeral parlours lol.

LoL the one in Thornlegih is a Subway, still remember it from being a teen, oh the memories of the underground car park.... It looks funny they have painted the roof bright green, still cant discuise it's past though....

Funeral parlour - probably becuause the cool rooms were already there...

Edited by AudreyHepburn, 26 January 2011 - 10:56 AM.

#22 Nappypin

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:57 AM

we do not have pizza hut, DH has a co worker, 20 year old say what is Pizza hut ?????  roll2.gif

We have sizzler. Not too keen on sizzler though.

#23 Guest_BBlessed_*

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:59 AM

We were excited to find one when we moved to Ballarat a few years ago, as it was something from my childhood I wanted to share with my kids.

We went a few times and it was truly awful. ALL the pizzas were "manager's special" type things (ie a pile of left over toppings thrown onto a pizza). There were no *real* flavours - just an on going pile of leftovers banged onto pizza bases. No effort in varying the bases either - sometimes there'd be all thin crusts, and another there's be deep pan or nothing. You'd have to wait because all the pizzas would be gone and no replacements brought out, and even the salad bar was sorry and sad.

I used to LOVE those bacon chips. I cannot imagine WHY my parents would let me eat as many as I did - yuck yuck yuck! We were allowed only one serve of dessert yet I was allowed to pile those little pills of salt onto my plate multiple times!!

#24 Bel Rowley

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Buy Me A Pony! @ 25/01/2011, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's something I'm glad to leave in the past. My memories of a salad made from alfalfa, bacon chips and thousand island dressing need to stay exactly where I'll always remain fond of them.

tthumbs.gif

Their pizzas are so gross, I'll be quite happy if I never eat one again.

#25 Guest_Phenomenon_*

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:10 AM

There used to be 2 around my area when i was younger. We would go there for our birthdays and we loved it!

Now they have shut down, i miss their wicked apple crumble  blush.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clever panda fakes pregnancy

News that a giant panda was pregnant prompted much excitement, but it appears there were never any cubs on the way.

'I survived placenta percreta'

When writing her birth plan, Simone Pavil included an item most women wouldn?t even think about: what should happen if she was put on life support. The mum had the potentially fatal condition placenta accreta.

Managing personal space as a mum

In the midst of the early parenting years, our bodies and minds can seemingly be overtaken by our offspring. How can we balance our need for personal space with the needs of our children?

'If love could have saved you, you'd have never left'

The words "spontaneous abortion" on the hospital paperwork really got to me. My baby died; I didn't spontaneously decide to abort him.

15 classic Aussie ads

Watch some of the classic Australian ads of the 80s, 90s and 00s, and remember the catchphrases and jingles we all used to know so well ...

For and against

Should Blue Ivy have been at the VMAs?

Many were quick to condemn Beyonce and Jay Z after appearing on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards with their two-year-old daughter, but others thought it was a sweet family moment. What do you think?

Toddler attacked at gym creche

Two-year-old girl Eva Ness was left with a black eye and bite marks on her face and body after an altercation with an older child at a health club's child-minding facilities. Now her parents are calling for the centre to be closed.

Pregnancy a tricky matter of timing for FIFO couples

Manipulating rosters, coordinating 'conjugal' visits, working on site with your partner; getting pregnant can prove stressful for FIFO workers.

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Carseats have twice as many germs as a toilet

Most parents know their child's carseat is not always squeaky clean, but they might not realise just how dirty it really is.

Doctors remove foetus from 'medical marvel' after 36 years

Doctors in India have removed the skeleton of a foetus that had been inside a woman for 36 years.

Nine months in six seconds: new parents' Vine clip a hit

We?ve seen some memorable time-lapse pregnancy and birth announcement videos before. Now one new couple has taken it to the extreme, capturing it all in just a six-second Vine video.

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Going viral

Daycare death shows licensing need

A baby's tragic death in a family daycare centre has underlined a need for better licensing laws in the US.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.