3rd Child? #38
For those thinking about TTC'ing #3 or TTC'ing #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#101 antigone_

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Just ducking my head in to say hi but I can see that everyone is so busy with children 1 and 2 that there isn't much chat! LOL it just gets that way by this stage huh?

Fingers crossed for this month - having lots of EPS, official testing starts in 2 days - am currently 9dpo.

#102 Amber7

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hey guys
Just popping in to introduce myself. I'm 26, 2 children (5 & 3 yrs) and after a 18mth wait we have decided to start TTC #3 this cycle. It's still a little strange for us after waiting for so long for the right opportunity, but very exciting also. I didn't know where to post with all these buddy groups so here seemed like a good place to start.
Looking forward to chatting!

#103 MrsHerty

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Hi there i am a Newbie to the group also  original.gif

I have 2 kids- DD9 & DS6 to a previous relationship,me & DH got married in November then i secured my dream job in December,So it's been a question of yes or no for 2012 & now i am within the last 7 days of the dreaded 2WW & couldn't be any more between excited for a BFP but frustrated & kinda sad knowing we may just get a BFN.
We were TTC for a few months back in 2010 but DH proposed so decided to marry 1st so put it off,DH also works away so we won't be able to cover most months unfortunately :-(
So heres to concieving our Homebirth to be baby  hheart.gif  hheart.gif

Is anyone else in the last week of the 2WW? For the 1st time in my life i am not sure on my O date because my body showed every sign of Oing 7 days before it was meant to (i have 33 day cycles) so if that's right i will get the dreaded AF tomorrow.

huge congrats Tarnsv

Good luck everyone!!

#104 Amber7

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hey ebonnyjamesGoodluck for a BFP. What's your dream job? If you don't mind me asking.
I am currently 6DPO (If I charted correctly) so can test around Friday/Sat but AF isn't due the 22nd.

#105 klizanne

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

Hi ebonnyjames and Amber7!

I'm in the 2ww of TTC #3. I'm 28 and my boys are 3 & 5. This is our first month trying for #3 so I haven't got my hopes up because I'm not sure if our timing was right. DH is optismistic as he insists that we are "super fertile"  laughing2.gif

I had a very vivid dream last night that we had another boy. It felt so real that I still remember the feeling of BF him!

I think I'm around 4DPO so will test on the 19th or 20th

Edited by klizanne, 12 June 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#106 Melodee

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hi All, I am very new to all this.. smile1.gif

DH and I have decided to TTC for No.3 for me and  No.2 for him.  We both have children from previous relationships and have decided that we would love one of our own.

Between us we have DS 16, DS 14, DS 12, DS 11. (DS 14 is adopted)

We are both 39 and have decided that now is the time.

I have had an Implanon in for nine years and had it removed 4 months ago and cycle kicked in prety much straight away.

Not sure on how this all works so am hoping this is the right Buddy Group.  

Looking forward to chatting :-)

Me - 39
Him - 39

DS - 16
DS - 14
DS - 12
DS - 11

#107 klizanne

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hi Melodee - Welcome and how exciting for you! Good luck  biggrin.gif

#108 redmum77

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hi all! I did post a while ago, but as was said earlier -two kids leave less time to post! I think Melodee takes the cake for being busy though, lol!
I'm just about ready to start, might use OPKs this month, but should O next week. My cycle is only 26 days, so I guess my 2ww is a bit short! I'm going through loads of health dramas but just frankly don't care, this is my time to have a baby and I'm not waiting for anyone! DH and I are newly weds too EbonnyJames, with me having two previous children, DD 8 and DS 4.
Good luck Klizanne! 3months makes the odd good. Are you hoping for a boy? Or just curious? I dreamt once many years ago of a baby girl with curly black hair - of all the children in my family she hasn't been born yet - maybe this time?
Amber7 , bright-eyes - any news yet?
Riwimk - waiting for August? I would be going nuts! And now I've scrolled down enough to see my previous post lol!
Ok. Better get out of bed, we are off on holidays tomorrow for the weekend for school holidays. Three nights with a log fire and gorgeous kids, can't wait. but the packing and shopping won't do itself.
Good luck to all of us,
Red

#109 Amber7

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hey all.

Time sure does fly inbetween posts, Ive been a bit side tracked with school starting back for me and DD (We are in TAS)

How did everyone go with testing?

Goodluck with this cycle redmum77, a short 2ww sounds good, 2 weeks sure goes slow when your waiting (and analyzing possible symptoms on if your successful). Have a wonderful holiday, a log fire sounds devine!

AFM, No news to report. I got a few BFN and then AF showed Thursday, so bring on July. Its my birthday Wed, so I can have myself a couple of drinks and then start off next month with a fresh start and see where it takes us.

xx

#110 redmum77

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

Amber7 - aw crappy, but having a drink on your birthday hopefully helped. July will be a good month original.gif .
Our holiday was wonderful, frost and fires! Th kids had a ball, frozen kangaroo poo was a hit rolleyes.gif . Hopefully the good vibes will help conception...
so what are people finding it the hardest to give up? I've stopped the alcohol, and coffee.... Not just for ttc, but for diet/digestion issues too. Two weeks of headaches later and I'm ok now! Just went and got a new herbal tea mug glass thing from T2, and loads of their peppermint tea  biggrin.gif  I think I deserve the best if I can't have wine lol!
We've done with bd this time, now the wait. 12th of July to test... I'm kinda scared I will be now, is that crazy!?!?!
Red

#111 ~A2~

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.