Avon support thread #9

• Please log in to reply
1554 replies to this topic

#351 Hop1

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

I dont do the no junk mail homes.  Never really counted exactly how many books I loose.  This last territory I lost 6 out of 30 reason I know I printed sorry I missed you flyers and took note how many. I did one street once and got none back that was probably about 30 homes. I rang the dm the next day and gave that territory back first and last time.  Dont know if it was because I went quite early on a saturday morning and they hadn.t put them out or it was a dodgy neighbourhood.  

Didn.t make ikea neighbours kids came over for a play might go tomorrow.

#352 jill72

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:28 PM

That's weird, my last two paragraphs got screwed up.

#353 DaisyF

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

I just tried my sample of the new extralasting foundation I got at the Sales Event,it's really good,bit dark,I need nude & this is natural beige,I've been using a sample of the foundation it's replacing-perfect wear & this one goes on a bit nicer & looks a bit better cos other one harder to blend.Also got my pink glitter rollerball eyeshadow on haha :-)

#354 Hop1

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:38 PM

I think I will have to try this rollerball eyeshadow

Jill did you see the angel necklaces in the clearance cat I am going to get some for presents for dd friends I will just pick by colour for $2 I thought they would be pretty good.

#355 Hop1

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

Just checked vista and my stamp and business cards are shipped hope they turn up monday.

#356 DaisyF

Posted 10 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

I was thinking I like the chipmunk singing better anyway & told partner & he said I think it's meant to have been like that the whole time??So who knows!!
Yes Hop my very 1st territory I did I put 50 out & got 3 back,another reason I got a new one.
I'm not surprised your ex tried to contact u Jill,it really is bad for couples,too much opportunity that might start out innocent enough but can easily go further,when I was single on there I got "propositioned" (for lack of better word) by 95% of seemingly happily attached guys.It really has stuffed up my sense in trust of all people,I just don't get it at all.I would flat out ask them why they would want to cheat,always the same answer-bored.Wtf??Makes me angry.I actually don't even necessarily put my ex in this catagory,I think what he did was horrible but we had a terrible marriage in hindsight.Gosh morbid topic sorry guys!
I'm gonna stamp back of my brochures now,I've never filled in details at back,do u guys??Wonder if makes difference??

#357 DaisyF

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

Yes try the rollerball!!Soo pretty,the pink is glittery,I also got the blue & a friend got the brown,they aren't very glittery.I might even backorder an extra pink I love it that much may as well while it's $4.95,with 35% off it's $3.20.
I really hope that new territory goes well Hop,once u get it going & have enough customers to get in 35% bracket it kind of snowballs cos u can afford more demos & normal products which gives u so much more confidence when people ask questions.Or even with this eyeshadow,I would say check this out,only $4.95 & easy to apply!

#358 Hop1

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

I write on the back of all my brochures and fill out all customer order slips that is why I wanted a stamp.  Is it really that small?

Getting up to 35% would make a huge difference.  That is my goal next campaign when new territory starts.

#359 DaisyF

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:59 PM

It's 5cm x 1cm!!!So I think quite small,but does the job cos if we got the large stamp it wouldn't line up so would be hard to read.I only fill in the order form which is silly cos if they misplace it they're left with brochure they can't order from.
I think 35% is an achievable goal seeing as your DM has said it's a good territory,I got straight in that bracket cos of the good territory & you already have your other customers too.
What are your business cards like Hop??

#360 Hop1

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

I just got the freebies it is mostly black with gold swirl and some pink.  If you look in the freebies you will know what I mean

I think it is a good idea to put your name on the brochure as it might get passed around without the order slip.  If I cant back to get a customets brochure I ask them to leave it in there works lunch room or common area of a block of flats etc

#361 DaisyF

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:42 PM

Yes good point,I always knew I should be filling it in but didn't wanna do the dates & am lazy so it just went in the too hard basket!
In another thread someone asked about "sucking in" garments,I wrote Avon do a fantastic range called Body Illusion,the customers that have got the briefs & tops love them,I sold 3 leggings this time & theres now a dress type thing that looks good.Oh there's also the Curves range,altho the trimming pants a customer ordered this time were sold out,grr!

#362 Hop1

Posted 10 September 2011 - 04:55 PM

I dont always fill in the exp date only usually when it's getting close to the end of the bo period.

I've been looking at the back leggings and considering getting some.

#363 DaisyF

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:01 PM

I sold 2 X-Large & 1 Large,Large was sold out,be good to hear the feedback from the other 2 customers,if u know the people well enough point out they're slimming ones,my friend didn't notice she said oh I thought expensive 4 normal leggings!! :-)

#364 jill72

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:48 PM

Picked up a few more books that I missed yesterday.....not a cracker!!!  So handed out another street to pick up Monday, I want more orders!!

I checked out that beauty case in 17 Hello, what a bargain, but I'm not going to buy that sort of stuff until I know which way things are going sales wise.  I'm getting the feeling that there may not be enough interested in Avon in my territory for it to grow.  I mean, Daisy, I can't believe you were in the 35% range in your first or second campaign, that's huge.  

Mandy, I wouldn't know what to do with my self if I got an order for $700!!!  Your sales are amazing.

Where's my chardy?

#365 Hop1

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:18 PM

Jill the case does look good I haven't bothered because I cant see me doing makeovers or parties.  Maybe in the future.  Hang in there with your territory.  Ask your dm lots of questions about how other reps are doing in your area if they only have one terrotory or a few and where they are, ask where the top sellers territories are.  I found it quite interesting chatting to my dm the other day about how other reps in our district operate and basiclly found out I have to travel away from home to the good selling areas.  Also see if she can give you some brochures.  Ask for help.  The more I asked and said how much I wanted to work at it the more the dm offered.

#366 DaisyF

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:03 PM

Good advice Hop,yes the more you communicate with your DM the more they will point you in the right direction,don't compare yourself to me Jill,I just got really lucky with my territory but my friends & Mum & a few of her friends helped with even small orders the first order,you've been bitten by the Avon addiction bug & enthusiasm is the best asset.I ran a nail business for over ten years so altho I don't really know how it helps,when I'm in the zone I really do have excellent customer service skills,a bonus with it being in the beauty industry.That beauty case is the kind of thing I would buy anyway!!
When I had my nail business I remember reading a book by Paul Hanna,it was a self help book not a business book but it said customers buy YOU,not the product.YOU are the product no matter what it is,they are drawn to you.Can't remember what else it said but there was a big emphasis that you have to stand out from the crowd because whatever product or service you're selling,so are thousands of others.
Mandy's order was $700 over 3 campaigns not 1!!!But still good from 1 customer :-)

#367 jill72

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

Just quickly, the Avon lady who offered me this area, she must be my DM right?  She keeps talking about some other Avon lady above her with regards to territory maps and the like.  I'll need to ask the question, just wanting to know from you girls what your thoughts were.  It's stupid I know I've just started and I already want 'it all' LOL.  This is the first time I've felt any kind of work satisfaction outside of homelife that's kind of getting back my mojo! Seven years without it, you soon realise.  I'm learning a lot from you girls.

Hop, will take your advice, I'm not into make up enough to do make overs let alone match ups, but it would be handy in the future.  Down the track a little more.  I need to finish my apprenticeship first!

Erin, what are you up to?

#368 DaisyF

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

How's your chardy Jill??!!
Also from living/working in this area for 20 years I've had a very broad range of women to give the brochure so even tho heaps said nah not into it,enough said yes!!

#369 DaisyF

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

Jill sounds like this lady is your team leader & she's talking about the DM.When I was at the sales event & they were saying the highest sellers,everyone was "under" someone else not my DM,so all her team leaders under her,cos I think someone said oh so Karen's under you??Cos they're thinking who's my team leader,so DM was a bit smug saying "I recruited Karen".I feel exactly the same way about Avon Jill,nails gave me no job satisfaction at all,there wasn't the "high" or the drive to do better,just same,same every day.
My Mum can't believe it,she's like wow you've found your calling!
after the crap last year she never thought I'd be happy again.
I'm like you & want 'it all' straight away,I've made it happen,you can too don't worry if it takes a bit longer.I think the main negative with this Avon,especially with us that have anxiety is the rollercoaster that it is,I think girls with anxiety expect a lot of themselves & get disappointed easily,that's where we can support each other on here thru the ups & downs!
Wonder if Erin's getting the beauty case??

#370 DaisyF

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

Oh yeh my name is Karen,Daisy is my dogs name,a 3-legged dalmation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#371 jill72

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

Daisy, you couldn't have said that better, that's me & exactly how I feel.  This time last week I would've been happy with my first order being anything say $70.  But now I know that I won't deal with anything under my first order which I know to date is over $200.  I think Erin being into make up as much as you ought to take advantage, what a steal.  My Dad said the same thing re 'your calling' as Dad's background is sales & so is mine.  It's like how we under stand the 'high' like you say of getting an order.

Chardy is great!

#372 DaisyF

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

I was same the 1st week,thought I'd be happy with $70-$80,then it started creeping up & I thought wow,my 1st order was $860,my 2nd order was $1050 & I got a $1000 club pin & wondered what on earth I was doing right???I've been easily over $1000 since,& would hate to go under,but going on Mandy's advice am realistic enough to adjust that goal to maybe $500 the 4 campaigns after Christmas & do an incentive of customers spending maybe $15 to get free gift,thats where u can stock up on little gifts leading up to Christmas while you're getting 35% off so ready to go doing it the cheapest way you can.Then hopefully people will still rder a little bit to keep you going,just keep building your customer base :-)

#373 butterflyangels

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

I will give you a run down on who is who with avon.

A team leader is the person who you go to, to put your paper order forms in, return products, can generally help you with questions and queries and they generally help the district manager at sales events andchasing up late orders.

A sales leader is the person other than the district manager who signs up and recruit new reps and is suppose help yo in your first couple of campaigns.

Dictrict Manager is the person who will hand out terroritories either through herself or get a sales leader to give the reps one, she is also the one to go to if any major problems occur (or head office) and she needs to authouritise the returns of certain products like the sales event deals, if you are returning the full deal.

Hope this makes sense.

Yes the customer did order over 3 ccampaigns, my biggest orders in a short period of time from one person, I haven't recieved a new order from her yet but last time she messaged me later in the campaign.

#374 erinjv

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

Hi girls!

I can't believe how well you're all doing. I hope after a few campaigns I can say the same about me! Nope I'm thinking I won't get the beauty case. I think I'll just buy up on makeup samples when they're cheap and then invest in just a couple of eyeshadow duos. In my experience there are only a handful of shades that get used as they become the favourites of the makeup artist.

Although, then I'd have some blushes as well.. argh what to do!! It's still a lot of money to spend when I haven't even had a single order yet. I don't know what to do!

I pick up my brochures tomorrow.. fingers crossed!

#375 jill72

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

Thanks Mandy for the heads up, I'll talk to my team leader about thing.  But gosh, $700 over 3 campaigns....wow.

Daisy, I'm still in awe of $860 for a first order! How long have you been with Avon?  I'm sure I've asked before, I've forgotten.

Erin, It's pretty exciting doing the first pick up.... I'll be waiting to hear!  Good luck Erin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Sara James: fighting for my daughter

Sara James was a high-profile New York journalist, but it was her own daughter's story which raised the most questions.

Siblings and best of friends

I know we'll have some tense moments. I know there will be arguments. But I also know these two will always have this most beautiful bond.

In defence of mums on the phone

I know news stories always attract a range of opinions, and I know they're a place for people to have an anonymous dig in. However, I also know that this mum bashing has to stop.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Pregnancy essentials for the second and third trimesters

So you're through the first trimester of pregnancy - congratulations! Here are some tips for getting through the next six months as comfortably and happily as possible.

Coles Easter eggs recalled due to presence of tree nuts

An allergic reaction has lead to the urgent recall of a variety of Coles brand Easter eggs.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Why I love the small age gap between my kids

Six months after our son turned one, we welcomed son number two into our lives. Yes, the small age gap had been planned - and there are things I love and hate about that small gap.

Parents warned about posting kids' photos online

Parents could be putting their kids at risk by posting images and information online which give away personal details, such as where they go to school and which parks they frequent.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Mum's the word when it comes to baby news

The arrival of a baby is big news, but friends and family need to understand it is not their news to share.

What?s in your parenting toolbox?

So often as parents, we don?t really talk about our ?parenting toolboxes?. But you need to be aware of what you and your partner are working with, and to decide what does and doesn't fit in your lives.

Classroom pregnancy prank goes viral

An American college professor has had to rethink his strict rule about answering cell phones in class after being the victim of an April Fools' prank that has gone viral.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Video: Dad turns son into action movie hero

Many kids would love to be an action movie hero in real life, but very few will ever be able to see themselves in movies like these.

Toilet training in winter

There?s no need to stop thinking about toilet training just because the temperature is dropping: winter is a good a time as any to start the process.

What do you do all day?

It's the question all new mothers dread. For Kate Fridkis, it's a question that strikes to the heart of what it is to be a woman.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Video: Baby starts his day with a dance party

Few people start their day the same way this little guy does ? dancing, smiling, and generally having an awesome time.

IKEA announces bed canopy recall

IKEA has recalled its range of bed canopies designed to suspend above children?s beds following reported cases of injuries and entanglement.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.