Avon support thread #9

• Please log in to reply
1554 replies to this topic

#151 butterflyangels

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

It should be fine until next campaign, I have always put in an order the only problam I can see is that avon will sending you reminders since your payment won't be made in full

#152 Hop1

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:01 PM

Well after having my little tanty about giving up I had a random call with order from a lady whom was given my brochure off another lady who I have no idea who she's talking about.  So I may have wasted my time doing territory but I picked up a new customer somehow.  Maybe it was one of the houses who never left the brochure out.  Then I had two more orders from existing customers.  All happy again.

#153 DaisyF

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

Hehehe Hop1,I have a tanty & gonna quit for whatever reason every campaign!!& then sure enough later that day something good happens & all happy again.
I was writing 1 of my ramblings earlier & computer crashed grrr!!Lol
Was saying that my brochures & cover note set up sound much the same as yours,& next campaign if u do a freebie thing you'll prob get a few more customers.Glad I'm helping u stay motivated,this Avon really is a rollercoaster!So much fun talking on here tho,friends really don't wanna hear either the excitement or the whingeing,their eyes glaze over,& there's great confusion over the current brochure/backorder brochure subject,they just don't get it haha :-)

#154 Hop1

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:47 PM

I did second half of a territory over the weekend and picked one new customer.  I put my c16 order in last night so just waiting on the fun part un packing. I love going through the boxes and getting ready for delivery.

Daisy have you done your new territory yet?

#155 DaisyF

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:18 PM

I love getting the boxes!!!!Why do we have to do all the other stuff??LOL
No Hops1 I haven't started new territory,I'm the worst with procrastinating,I'll deliver tomorrow or Thurs,which means Thurs,& pick up Mon,order due in Tues,hope I get a new customer,even 1 is ok,when it's none is when it's totally depressing!You've motivated me to get moving,I've got an 18month old & I'm terrible for staying home thinking oh I'm too tired,but then other times I'm soo motivated,I guess everyone's a bit up & down that's why it's great coming on here original.gif

#156 DaisyF

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:21 PM

Oh & I hate doing wkends,feel like everyones out,looking what I'm doing!!!Hahaha,bit paranoid lol!

#157 jill72

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hi girls, can I join in?  I've just joined Avon for the first time.  I'm gearing up to hand out my books tomorrow & all of the sudden I feel like I've got stagefright.  I don't know why I'm nervous to hand them out, I'm such a twit.  I should have handed them out last week......  by the way I'm Sunshine Coast Hinterland.

#158 Hop1

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

Hi Jill34 welcome.  I was a bit nervous when I first started as well.  Actually I still get nervous doing new territory.  I've picked up some good tips here. Good luck with your first Campaign

DaisyF Ha I probably wouldn't do weekends for one of my territories but I did the Retirement Village and that doesn't worry me.  I have a 3 yo that comes with me and he doesn't like doing the brochures I end up carrying him.  He does like dropping off the goods because all the ladies give him lollies or chocolate.  Last campaign after about the 4th chocolate he asked if he could eat it in the car  biggrin.gif  he'd had enough.  He asked now weather it's brochures or stuff.  How do you go pushing the pram around?  One of my territories is hilly and they have huge driveways up or down to get to the front door a pram would make it really hard.  That's why I love the retirement village.  Easy walking for DS.

#159 DaisyF

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

Jill34 welcome,I was so nervous the 1st time I wanted to vomit!!Or cry!!
Hahaha,prob why I still haven't started my new territory!
Hop1 my area is flat & although it's annoying getting the pram set up etc I think people won't yell at me with a cute baby with me,he's my armour being the scaredy cat I am!!I don't get nervous delivering their orders cos think well they want it!I do hate ringing to organise delivery & do text whenever possible.It's all these reasons I can't believe I'm doing so well??
I hate long driveways but they're all flat,oh I'm so negative this week,had a bad day yesterday so hope to feel my normal self tomorrow,maybe I should read my posts from last week hehehe!
Oh I wish my order was coming this week,it's like Christmas!!There's far more positives than negatives Jill34,I love when someone does an order,I get excited!!Oh dear,I need a life!!!

Edited by DaisyF, 30 August 2011 - 07:47 PM.

#160 DaisyF

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:41 PM

Hey Hop1 when I 1st joined the territory I got was a really new area with houses being built.Tradies everywhere,omg!!I told my DM I am soo self concious I'm not going back there!!!!!!
She gave me a new area which is great but I imagine on wkends there's guys out mowing,or drinking with mates,or fixing their cars lol,but yes I'd do a retirement village for sure :-)

#161 DaisyF

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:07 AM

Oh dear,maybe new territory can wait til next campaign!!??Lol

#162 jill72

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for the welcome.  I just handed out my books today, didn't meet a soul.....just put 'em in letter boxes & on door knobs.  I didn't knock if I knew someone was home, just did the drop & run lol!  I guess picking them up will involve a lot more contact....So Daisy, we can be scardy cats together.  I figure if they're out there I've got a chance of some orders.  I always liked getting a brochure. original.gif   I'm picking mine up on Saturday so my dd can go around with me on her scooter for moral support!!

#163 Hop1

Posted 31 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

Jill It's great to take someone along for moral support.  I like taking my DS someone to chat too etc.  I dont door knock either.  I just leave them at the front door.  Although I make a point to speaking to anyone I see and introducing myself.   I probably should door knock, yes there will be a lot of knock backs but at least those ordering for the first time know who they are dealing with.  Maybe next campaign.

Daisyf Go on do it just drop and run.  Or dont you have enough time left are they current brochures or back order ones?  If they are BO ones you could always do what I did and put the expiry date on them a little note to say ring email me and just put them in the letterbox and you dont have to go back.  Then next time you do it they've seen an old brochure and may be more inclined to order.  At our last sales event a new rep was saying she did territory 4 times running and by the 4th time she'd picked up quite a few new customers.  One of them said that by then they new she was going to keep coming back and be consistent so decided to order.

I've been to Costco this morning and I cant believe where the days gone.  it's almost time for school pick up and i've done nothing around the house.

#164 DaisyF

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:18 PM

Hop1 they're the campaign 16 brochures so can use them the next 3weeks.To be honest I've been so focused on Avon nothing was getting done round the house,even my partner said ok you've proven you can do well!!!!Lol
So I feel like I should have more balance,I'm such an all or nothing person!!My order last time was $1680 so I think I should chill out & put some time into the house & bub.I might do a drop tomorrow but I haven't even got the brochures ready!!I'm gonna try relax & if it doesn't happen til next campaign I just have to accept it.I'm up to about $400 with still quite a few regulars to order & haven't ordered anything myself,brochures or anything yet.I'll let u know what I do!!
Jill34 I've never doorknocked!!!Just a cheery Hi I'm from Avon if I see anyone hehehe :-)

#165 jill72

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

Gosh Daisy, you're doing all right!! That's a great total, I'll be lucky to get one tenth of that I think.  My area is a new one though. My avon supervisor just dropped off the brochure 1's.  Why do they come through so early?!  Seeing campaign 18 runs for another two weeks.  I didn't get to ask her as I was dropping off dd to school.  Do you guys hand them out really early or do you wait for the current campaign to officially lapse?

Hop & Daisy, I'm glad I'm not the only 'drop & run' avon seller LOL!  Looks like it doesn't really matter.  I don't mind knockbacks so long as no one is rude to me.  I guess you're going to get the odd one though.... maybe you toughen up with time!

#166 Hop1

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:56 AM

DaisyF With sales like that you deserve to take it easy.  I'm lucky to reach the first profit level.  I think i've been dealt dud territories.  

Jill I'm OK with knock backs too everyone like different brands.  It's the rudeness I dont like.  I've only had to deal with one cranky woman who rang me when I didn't pick up her brochure.  I did go she didn't leave it out.  I never have the brochures that early last campaign I didn't get them from my DM until five days before it finsihed.  I probably wouldn't drop them off to early as people wont understand why they have to wait so long for their orders.

#167 Hop1

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

My delivery arrived.  I purchased some things for me so it was just like Xmas.  Now to organise deliveries.

#168 jill72

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:51 PM

Same here!  Got some newbie freebies as well which is nice.

#169 Hop1

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

Jill34 New freebies are good.  Wonder if we are in the same district? seeing as we both received our deliveries today.

#170 jill72

Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:40 PM

I'm in Beerwah, I think my order was supposed to be here on Monday though.

#171 DaisyF

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

Ohhh I want a delivery!!!Lol
Well I braved the new territory,did 45 brochures so didn't take long & had bub to hide behind hehe.But felt sick the whole time & wanted to just run back to car!!I hate walking up to the door,sometimes cos I'm trying to shove it there & run away it makes a loud CLAP sound on their concrete,yikes!!&bub decided it would be fun to yabba on very loudly!!!Omg doesn't he know I'm trying to be invisible????
It really is luck of the draw with territories,I hope I remember which houses I delivered to on Monday I couldnt be bothered writing it down & was in a mad rush.I might do a few more I've got left tomorrow,its gonna be nice weather & I can just pick them all up Monday.I don't mind the picking up,at least there's the fun of wondering if there's an order,altho when there isn't u think waah I'm quitting!!Hehehe.
I'm only on campaign 16 Jill,are u on 18??Hops1 didnt u just finish 16??Are u both in Queensland??I'm in Melbourne :-)

Edited by DaisyF, 01 September 2011 - 04:03 PM.

#172 jill72

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

Hi Daisy, the delivery I got was for campaign 17, I've just started handing out 18 & have another 2 wks left with it.  I'm picking up for the first time on Saturday arvo, hoping there might be at least one order  hands.gif  Gosh, with 45 brochures in a new territory I'm sure you'll snag something decent!  Yep, I'm in Qld.  I've already got the Christmas brochure...seems really soon. Hops, I'm not going to send them out until campaign 18 has ended.

#173 Hop1

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

Hi again.  I'm in Sydney and yes DaisyF it was C16 that I had delivered today.  Makes me a full campaign behind you Jill.  I hope you pick up some customers on Saturday Jill.  It's exciting picking up the brochures and seeing if an order has been written.  Although I get pretty deflated quickly with my territories.  

Ha Daisy had  laugh about the CLAP sound because when I take the kids they often run up to the door for me with the brochure and then just toss it and I'm forever saying.  "Place it down dont throw it" for that exact reason.

#174 DaisyF

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:26 PM

Jill that does seem early for Christmas,I got a few of those snow globes on advance order & only mentioned them to a few people cos they were totally uninterested,I could tell they just thought why would I buy that now??
Yes I really hope I get a few new customers,I thought this campaign 16 brochure seemed the best I'd seen but 3 customers that had ordered the first 4 campaigns with me didn't this time,but I had heard some people are really excited at the start then when they realise you're reliable they might slow down to ordering every 2nd campaign or so.Thats why I want to build a large customer base!
Jill did anyone order any Christmas stuff?It will be interesting to see if they do in your campaign 18!! :-)

#175 Hop1

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:57 PM

Daisy I.ve been doning avon since the beginging of the year.  I have a few customers that ordered up big the first few campaigns and have now slowed down.  It.s a bit of a pattern I.ve seen.  I.m hoping they up there orders again coming up to christmas.

Sorry about typos I.m on my phone

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.