Avon support thread #9

• Please log in to reply
1554 replies to this topic

#1301 Hop1

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

oh daisy hope your mum is ok. No wonder your struggling.

Thanks mandy I might keep it mind for another time. Good way to get new customers.

CA glad you got your returns sorted.

Anyone going to there big event coming up. Just wondering what to expect will it be like a huge sales event?

#1302 daisyfromavon

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

Hop I wouldve liked too go to that event if I had someone that would go with me but am gonna be away sad.gif

Edited by daisyfromavon, 02 March 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#1303 Hop1

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

It's on wednesday I can go while the kids are in school but still haven't decided if I want to or not.  Dont really understand what i'll get out of it.  No use ringing my DM as she probably wont call me back.  I haven't received the vouchers for being Team Leader since last october.  Mmmm Slack or what.  I'm actually considering giving it up.  Really.. I have to put up with people droping stuff off at all times of the day and night every single week for nothing in return.  If they even kept it to just one week and not necessarily the designated day that would be better.   Mmm think i'm just a bit grumpy this morning.

#1304 butterflyangels

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Hop your DM should be more supportative especially since you are a team leader and not getting the vouchures is a biot rough, I know we generally get 5-6 at a timeand I have at least a years worth here to use.
The returns do anny me to especially the ones you get the day after you return the stock and you have to store them for another 3 weeks.
If you go to the sales even please let me know how you go siince ours is next MOnday and Tuesday and haven't decided whether to go

#1305 AJB3

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

Hi

I rang last week to become a rep and I'm waiting (not so patiently) for my kit to arrive.  Apparently it was sent express post from Sydney last Wednesday.  I am in rural Victoria so I'm expecting it should be here today.  I am hoping to sell to friends and family and get a few customers around my local area.  My DM is sending me 30 brochures for Campaign 8 and 30 for Campaign 9.  I hope that is enough.  I would like to earn a bit of money so I can buy myself some nice things from Avon and to be able to buy some gifts.  

I have read most of this thread (it has taken me all week!) and I have ordered business cards and postcards for free from Vista.  

I saw an Avon rep setting up a table at a nearby supermarket this morning.  She had big professional signs advertising Avon.  I'm not sure why but I was under the impression that you weren't supposed to sell Avon like that.  The signs made me think she must have their approval.

Good luck with your sales this week.

Rachel

Edited by RB27, 05 March 2012 - 12:35 PM.

#1306 butterflyangels

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Welcome Rachel to avon, hope you enjoy starting building up your avon business it sounds like you are getting a good start with business cards and postcards.

You will probably find the lady setting up a stall in the shopping centre is a sales leader trying to get new reps to join up, there were probably some items on display but I don't think they can be sold there and then.

Hope your kit arrives soon and if you have any questions please ask.

Mandy

#1307 zumbecky2012

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

Hi to all  biggrin.gif I am a new to selling avon, I am 24yrs old mum of 3 ages 5,6 and i have my little boy at home with me. I actually googled any sort of forums that would help with support and come across this thread:) I am pretty new to my area too, but have been given a territory. Looking forward to meeting new people. original.gif

original.gif Beck original.gif

Edited by zumbecky2012, 06 March 2012 - 09:05 PM.

#1308 fancie

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

Welcome aboard Rachel and Beck.

If you have any questions, just ask! Someone usually has the answer.

#1309 daisyfromavon

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

Welcome Rachel & Beck original.gif
Rachel I read the whole thread when starting up too!!&yes it took ages but I didn't care,I loved it & is what I think got my off to a flying start,hope it does for you too!Where in Victoria are you??I'm in Pakenham,if you don't want to put it up here you can PM me,although I don't know how to pespond on there haha.
I love Avon & if you get a good DM & love the products yourself it should be a success.
Hop did you go to that event?? original.gif

#1310 Hop1

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

Morning ladies

Welcome Rachael and Beck.  Hope you enjoy this forum and your journey with Avon.  I've been doing it a little over a year now and really enjoy meeting new people.  I have a daughter at school and a son still at home and work it in around them.   Ask any questions you have and someone will try and help.  I asked lots of questions and still do.

No I didn't get to the sales event.  I couldn't get anyone to do the school drop off this morning which would mean i'd be late so didn't bother.

After my whine on here the other day.  My DM phoned me and offered my the 'volunteer' position on picking up all the returns off the team leaders and organising courier to send them back to Avon I'd get petrol money.   Haven't decided if i'll do it yet or not.  Mandy Fancie have either of you done this and have any words of wisdom to share?

I also picked up from doing territory I got about 20% of books back as expected  but I picked up 3 new customers.  One phoned the other night and two orders were waiting for me today.  It's certainly lifted my Avon spirits that and the DM's "job offer" at least it shows she has trust in me.

Daisy How's your Mum and how are you?

#1311 zumbecky2012

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Just a quick question( I will probably have heaps more lol) The lady that come to my place left me a bag full of some brochures from campaign 8 and 9 and slips is that my welcome kit? I'm just not sure. I haven't been sent an email with my login just yet. I want to get started but because I have  no territory and it doesn't help when I don't know many people I am unsure when I can start. Thanks in advance for your help:)

#1312 daisyfromavon

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Beck I would ring/text the lady & say I'm keen to start but don't know anyone around here,when do you think I can get my territory details??
Hop I wouldn't do the job you were doing or the one she's offering,if u were single & bored then maybe,but you're a busy Mum!!
My Mum & I are very up & down,I'm probably a little bit better than her.I have to try not to think about it or I instantly cry.Even tho I know he's gone,any little reminder which is often I think crazy things like "but where is he??He's always been here" or "Please come back Dad" or "Wtf isn't he here??Why not??!" It's just weird & everyone says life goes on,you have to move on & be strong but the pain is unbearable.I get angry that life has this pain & wonder how on earth Mandy gets thru every day,& get scared something will happen to DS & think life is F*****d.I try to stay positive,I'm an optimistic person,but even with me that's how I feel cry1.gif

#1313 butterflyangels

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

Welcome Beck

Hop I have never been offerd that job our bags are picked upi by a courier and the returns go back when the courier who has my order drops it off.

Daisy take one day at a time, it is never easy loosing someone you love, I really don't know how i have gotten through the last two years and I hated it when people told me I was strong cos I did not feel strong at all, the expereince have had me a stronger person thou. take it day by days some days will be alot easier than others and other days you will feel like you are back at day one, feel free to PM me is yoyu want to chat.

The fundrasier isn't going to well I have only recieved 2 ordes through the school and a couple of friends orders for the lipsticks, a week to go hope more orders will come in.

#1314 daisyfromavon

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

Also very bizarre,I've got this song in my head,I don't know if it's Gun's n Roses or Poison but I only remember one line that goes over & over in my head "Life goes on,while you'e miles away" I think it then says "& I need you,if you only knew how much I mss you" so this goes on most of the time making me cry!!!!Wtf!!!Grrr

#1315 fancie

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hop1, I've never been offered any job by my DM, but she can't even remember my name and even recently approached me at the shopping centre about joining Avon so no surprises there!

In all fairness, anything that involved me driving would be a problem as I don't know how. LOL.

#1316 Hop1

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (fancie @ 07/03/2012, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hop1, I've never been offered any job by my DM, but she can't even remember my name and even recently approached me at the shopping centre about joining Avon so no surprises there!

In all fairness, anything that involved me driving would be a problem as I don't know how. LOL.

Ha Ha had a giggle at the shopping centre approach.   Would take you a very long time walking

Oh Daisy one day at a time even one hour at a time.  No idea where the words come from sorry.

Beck Yes ring the lady that came to your place and ask for a territory tell her you really keen to get started.

Well I talked to DH and think i'll do it.  Even if only a few campaigns and it's not working I can always stop and she can find someone else.

#1317 daisyfromavon

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:43 PM

OMG,can't remember if I've said I'm away & ex is looking after DS for a week??Get a call last night 9pm from ex "Umm DS had a high temp then a siezure & is in an ambulance going to hospital" Ok & people think I'm paranoid bad things happen??I don't think so,I'm on edge just waiting for a bad phonecall.I know I can't live like this but wtf??????DS is ok & I get told by ex but it may have happened when DS was with you.Yeh funny how it never has in over 2years,grrrr cry1.gif

#1318 Hop1

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Oh no hope your little boy is OK.  I worry all the time too.  Personal question are you on medication?  I think i'm almost to the point of needing something sad.gif Just need to get the courage up to speak to the GP.

#1319 daisyfromavon

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

Yes Hop am on medication but seeing a new psychologist when i book,I've got the health plan thing where you don't have to pay.Maybe need different medication??DS is fine now just have to keep his temp down,we got home today & ex isn't far away with him.I'm kind of thinking I don't really want more medication,it's more like anyone would be a wreck with all this going on!!So maybe just seeing the psychologist will help.Hope so,i feel worse after the holiday not better like last time.I'm better off taking DS even tho he's hard work as in active,less worry sad.gif

#1320 AJB3

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hi ladies

Thanks for the welcome.  Daisy I hope your DS is ok.  My DD had two episodes of convulsions last year caused by unexplained high tempretures.  She is turning 3 next week.  The doctors said they are common in small children and she should grow out of it by 5.  I called an ambulance both times.  It was very scarey.  

Daisy, I am not far from you.  I don't want to put it out there on the net but Im in a small area between you and Phillip Island.  I have a sister in Pakenham.

Avon stuff - I have dropped off brochures to 3 streets and have two customers with orders totalling $25.  So its a bit slow around here.  Tomorrow I will return to the community centre and see if they have any orders.  The office lady sounded interested.  I have a couple of friends who have ordered and I'm waiting on two more to get back to me.  I'm hoping to make the 25% mark but its not looking good.  

Can you please advise if I have this process the right way.  I enter orders online, products are delivered, I collect money and deliver products to customers.  I have to pay before I order any products for the next campaign.  Is that right?  If I choose the direct debit option, will they take it out of my account automatically or when I want them too?  I haven't got my account number yet.  My DM said she'd chase is up today.  I would really like to get online asap to get familiar with it.  If my order due date is 14 March, does the order have to be in on or before that day?  Can it be done say at 9pm on the day.

Thanks in advance

Rachel

#1321 *Ker*

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:45 PM

I've just started Avon - last campaign was my first. So, I'm waiting on delivery, and I was looking at the invoice today online. It has things on there that I didn't order! What is up with that? There is some bloody Elvia watch (???), an Anew kit thing (Reversalist) and:

1 ANEW C DRMA F/C SX10
* Shorted 1 - will be sent automatically in next order, see below
37061 1 BEST WSH CZ RNG-LAV-LGE
* Shorted 1 - please don't reorder - discontinued
1 A/T SMP/CND D/SCHX5
1 ETERNAL MGC HER VIALS

Further down, it also has:

1 OUTSPKN INT FERGIE EDP
1 ANEW C/LUM P/B H/CRM
1 ELVIA WATCH
1 ANEW GENICS CRM SX10
66503 1 ANEW REV B/T EYE CRM Spcl Pur
66517 1 ANEW REV D/R/CR SPF15 Spcl Pur
66535 1 ANEW REV F/CLNSR 125G Spcl Pur
1 NRDP-1 ETERNAL MAGIC EDT
1 NRDP-2 REV NIGHT RNW CRM Spcl Pur
1 ANEW REV N/CRM SMPL-FREE

Why are they sending me random crap? I didn't ask for any of that! And especially some CZ ring that has been discontinued! This is extremely confusing!

#1322 butterflyangels

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

Kel the first  lot of poducts looks like samples except for the ring, did you order any samples and the second look like products you have recieved for joining up and making a certain amount of sales, have any of this have prices on them since them you woud be charged for these items.

RB27, it looksl ike you have the right idea in processing your order, you wil need to put in a pin number when doing your direct debit and you use that pin each time you make a payment to avon.  You can put your order it anytime before you deadline even a week before if you need to but it won't get processed unti the resst of your ditrcit does, what district are you in since my order gors in then as wel.

I went to go to the sales event of the year tonight, my friend was running a bit late, we got to the city 5 minutes after the meeting started but drove around for another trying to find parking and coudn't so gave up and went home:(

#1323 AJB3

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

Rubylilysmum - I'm in district 845.

I still don't have an account number.

I really hope the DM gets onto it today. I don't want to disappoint customers in my first campaign!

Rachel

#1324 zumbecky2012

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hi to all original.gif Well my first campaign on had one order from my friend - not to worry I got most of the brochures back which is great original.gif Hopefully next time I get more.. it was great to get of the house and go for a walk a bit hilly here but not to worry. I enjoyed it... Has anyone ever had no orders?  I didn't have many to hand out, but campaign 9 I have more to give out and I only started last week. Hope you are doing well:)

#1325 *Ker*

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

rachel, I ended up calling Avon and getting my account number. They give you a password too.

Well, I just got two boxes of goodies. I still have to go through it properly, but yeah, there is weird random stuff in there that I did not order!!! 2 bottles of perfume (I am picky on my perfume and only wear certain types) and a whole PILE of reversalist stuff. And some watch.

Gah. If I can't work it out, I'll have to call my DM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Ideas for recording baby milestones

Get the props, lights and camera ready to record the milestone moments in your baby's first months and years. Tip: set a reminder in your phone (or jot it in a calendar) to make sure you remember it every month.

From penis amputation to fatherhood

After a botched circumcision as a child, Mike Moore was left without a penis. Years later, and after meeting the right surgeon, he was able to become a dad - naturally.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Your baby's first shoes, made with your own hands

Imagine someone saying to you, "Your baby?s shoes are magnificent, where?d you get them?" And you reply, "Oh, these? I made them."

Mother bites off pit bull's ear to save toddler

What would you do if your child was being attacked by a vicious dog? One mother recently had to learn the hard way.

Couple dies 15 hours apart after 70 years of marriage

A couple who held hands at breakfast every morning even after 70 years of marriage have died 15 hours apart.

Behind the scenes of Kate and George's cuddly photo

Every face is partially obscured, but there's no denying the happiness and love in the faces of the royal mum and bub.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Your baby?s developmental roadmap

Caring for your new baby can feel like driving along a dark highway without a GPS: you know your destination ? a happy, healthy human being ? but you?re not sure whether you?re heading in the right direction.

Breaking out of the isolation of motherhood

There can be many reasons for mummy isolation ? and you don?t have to be a new mother to feel like you're often doing it all alone. Here, mums share their stories of feeling isolated, and what they do to try to break out of it.

The billionaire baby with $10,000 worth of prams

When money is no object you can go all out when it comes to baby transportation, as this billionaire socialite has shown.

Medication helps depressed mums to breastfeed

Breastfeeding mums are often told their medication may pass into their milk, but a new study suggests the benefits of taking antidepressants are greater than any risks to baby.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.