Avon support thread #9

• Please log in to reply
1554 replies to this topic

#1 Georgie Boy

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:54 AM

Time for a new thread link to old
http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=711859

Could members please note enquiries to Avon consultants are not to be posted on the boards please use the pm system or contact Avon direct.Threads of this nature will be deleted

Consultant List

This thread does not have a mod anymore so please post in messages to mods if you require your name added to the lists or even removed.

QLD
05baby Brisbane
RubyRage Beenleigh
happy-mummy Oxenford
helenc Toowoomba
noo79 Brisbane Northside
*Princess-Coopers-Mummy* Sunshine Coast
Tpe Upper Coomera
Leisa-Jane Redlands QLD
Willow Angel Durack West Brisbane

NSW
Appletree- Blacktown
Dani2 - Blue Mountains, NSW
fancie-Blacktown
Jabekob Hunter Valley
jaredsmum Sydney
sugarandspice Moree
KathyL2 Central Coast
Kim85 Hunter Valley
Little Spark Hills district Sydney
Mumsbusycrafting (Kylie) Wagga Wagga NSW

ACT
jak035-ACT
joddic -ACT

VIC
Arcee-SE Melbourne
kadoodle-Wallan Vic
mymummyrocks Eastern Suburbs Melb
M2P country Vic
ELLY Vic

SA

chuelchie STR Para Vista Adelaide
GirlAvon Adelaide

TAS

Sandoz Hobart
twinmumplus1 Northern Tasmania (Launceston)
rachel15 Kingston Southern Tas
tonimum Moonah Hobart

WA
Alesha WA Kalgoorlie
JEANELLE76 Armadale Perth.
Julia - WA - Baldivis
Stacye Gideganup
Rubylilys mum  Midland WA

#2 Aidens_mama

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:48 PM

I'll take GOLD!
Got a nice surprise in my delivery yesterday...4 free products! 2 lip balms and 2 black suede body spray's. Nice one Avon!

#3 fancie

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:06 PM

I've never been in the top three before, so SILVER.

Aiden_mama, was that your campaign 3 delivery?

I put out both books 3 and 4 and have had hardly any interest in 4. Mustn't be much in it!

Anyway, unless I'm back here on Monday griping about a complete stuffup with my campaign 3 delivery, I would like to wish all of you a very merry christmas and for those who don't celebrate christmas, have a lovely relaxing time! rolleyes.gif

Edited by fancie, 17 December 2010 - 04:07 PM.

#4 Leisa-Jane

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:54 AM

Bronze Tounge1.gif
Well my last two campaigns have been a total waste of time!!  I put in my order last night for campaign 4 and its the worst order i have ever had to put it i had to boost it up with stuff for myself :S

I am actually going to give up one of my areas which is further from home and recanvas my area close to my house which I can walk, problem is our district manager has now been shipped off to another area and we have stand in managers who are flat out and before we were able to get our managers spare books etc and if i recanvas with books i am going to have to buy them :S arghh.

Anyway over the whole Avon thing right now, its raining its yukky and I managed an hour sleep sad.gif

Happy New Year All

Leisa

#5 fancie

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:19 AM

You're not alone, Leisa-Jane!

Campaign 4 for me was also disastrous.  3 customers!

Although it was supposedly a new year sale catalogue - I think the whole book was a bit boring to be honest and the bargains were much better in the campaign 3 book.

I also topped the order up with the 'stationery' I needed.  I ordered enough to keep me going for the next year I think! laughing2.gif

Why not recanvass with the campaign 4 books you already have and if anyone is interested great, just backorder - if no one is interested, nothing lost.

I only found out in mid-Dec that extra books were available when my district manager sent me an sms saying she had plenty and asked if I wanted any to recanvass.  Yeah like I would have time one week out from christmas to recanvass.

happy new year - let's hope business improves!

#6 butterflyangels

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:08 AM

Hi ladies

Unfortunately everyone at this time of year will not be having good campiagns, everyone is recovering frim Christmas, going on holidays and getting kids ready to go back to school.

This is the low period which is why we are given the incentive of the knife set is you place an order every campaign in this low period.

Please don't get dishearted by your sales they should pick up in the nest couple of campaigns.

Mandy

#7 fancie

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

Thanks rubylilysmum.  I'm not disheartened - I know that every business is cyclical - I was just a bit surprised - I expected a fairly big downturn as I had in previous campaigns immediately after christmas but in comparing 04/2010 to 04/2011 I am down 20 customers and have dropped from over $500 in sales to $100 this time.  Still I'll pick myself up, dust myself off and keep going! wink.gif

#8 sabella

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:08 AM

Happy New Year everyone....

Did anyone else have a "laugh" reading the apology from Avon management about the preChristmas fiasco?

Not only that, but I'm now on my second lost order in 4 campaigns. I was so ready to jump in to the New Year & make some $$$, & now have to grovel & apologise to my customers again & run around even more to get the next lot of orders in before they have even recieved their previous order. If Avon think I'm paying for goods I haven't received they can think again! Do you think they'll reimburse me for all the phone calls & extra fuel?

Thanks for the vent ladies, funny there's still no 2 way communication on the new Avon site isn't it original.gif

#9 fancie

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:05 AM

sabella, do you mean that the whole order was lost on the new system, or was lost during delivery?

Whichever way it happened that's terrible.

I'm just so cheesed off at the moment, a number of items that were shorted in campaign 2 and promised in the next order, then shorted again and once more promised in the next order (campaign 4), I have now been advised are discontinued and no longer available.  Why not say so the first time.  I've been advising customers not just yet, not just yet, sorry not at all.

Can you believe I am still waiting on 2 mascaras I ordered in campaign 1!

#10 sabella

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:09 AM

I know, this Christmas period has been just THE WORST for shorts. I was so cross because I have about $100 of orders that didn't come in time & now the customers don't want them of course. I'm not going to delete them from my order & when they come I'll send them right back for a credit - just to give Avon a taste of all the stuffing around they've given me!

& I still haven't got my C4 order, & have to put in my C5 order on Sun.... I was needing those $$ to pay for school hol activities http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/sty...icons/icon7.gif.

They won't tell me what happened with my lost order, I had to wait for it to be 7 days late & they say they've sent out a replacement on Mon, but THAT hasn't arrived yet either.

Grrrrr.

I think Avon will be losing a lot of reps if they can't supply what's in the catalogs

Edited by sabella, 21 January 2011 - 10:10 AM.

#11 idle

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

I would like to pm Rachel15 but can't find her in the search function, so, if you're about, please ping me?  biggrin.gif

#12 Baby~Blue~Eyes

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:37 AM

Poop, I just joined AVON, and now I feel really ripped off! Esp reading all your comments.

Can you tell me it will be ok! Or should I back out!

#13 fancie

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Baby~Blue~Eyes, it will be fine.  Sometimes it is a bit frustrating when things don't necessarily go the way you want it, and Avon have just implemented a new internet ordering system, which unfortunately has had a few hiccoughs.

My wish would be that the company would have a way where reps could make suggestions but as it doesn't, frustration sometimes occurs.

Just remember to enjoy it.

#14 Baby~Blue~Eyes

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:58 PM

Well I put my first order in and it arrived today. First month was rocky, but lets hope onwards and upwards this month!

I found the internet ordering easy. Lets hope it stays that way. Oh and I was only missing one item from my order, which was actually an item I ordered...

#15 Hop1

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

HI can I join in to.

I only recently joined Avon and I placed my second order online today. Took a while a few calls to customer service but in the end got it all working.  Hope they dont leave anything out of my delivery later in the week my first order was fine.  Sounds like it will eventually happen though.  

Quick question from those that have been reps for a while.  Did you do a territory and if so did you pick up any orders?  I've done my whole territory and didn't pick up anything.  My friends and family certainly wont sustain me being a rep so I really need to get those outside orders.  Any tips you care to share?

#16 fancie

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:45 PM

Hop1, I have a territory and in my first 9 campaigns orders were over $700 in each (a few friends but not many - mostly territory customers).

Because I was given no instructions on how to canvass my territory I assumed that I needed to doorknock and speak to everyone, and so with very few exceptions, I did.  If they told me they weren't interested in receiving any more books, I made of point of not going back as I think it would annoy them. However, a couple of those people have since seen me on my rounds and have requested a book.  

Since then I have recanvassed, using the previous campaigns books to a few of the houses as I am lucky my territory includes my street and the couple of streets that run off it. All traffic has to pass my house LOL. So when I notice people moving out/in, I go doorknocking again. Because my territory had not had a rep for many years - at least 8, some of the people could only be described as 'excited' at the prospect of having a rep available again.

I have picked up a lot of customers through my friends and even DH.  DH takes a book or two to work and leaves it on the table in the staff room and the ladies at his workplace just email their orders to me.  Friends take their copy to their workplaces and share it around too.

Do you have children at school or pre-school?  Perhaps you could ask the staff there if they would be interested in seeing a book.  I would suggest when the pink bags and pens are available that you order a couple.  Use the bag when you go to school/shopping, I still use the navy one I was given when I joined (starting to look a bit tired though), and a few mothers at school have come up and asked me if I am a rep and have then become customers.

It's a bit late and I'm having trouble thinking, so will come back with more if I can think of them.

Edited by fancie, 23 February 2011 - 11:49 PM.

#17 Baby~Blue~Eyes

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

I think a door knock would be the best to give you a guide of who will be interested.

The local Rep of my area dropped off Avon door hangers and asked if you were interested in viewing the next campian to contact her. If your too shy maybe this might a good way of going.

Since I have only signed up socially, I have asked friends (Not that I have many here due to moving here not long ago, But looks like DH and I will move again soon.) My mum & SIL have taken booklets to work and left on the desk also. I have asked family members.

I found that adding samples that I have had some orders of those products. Might be a fluke due to this being my 2 campaign.

My second campaign is going way better then my first. Well in saying that I have two orders but they are more then what I made on my first.

My friend use to sell Avon years ago, and she had many of the Avon products. She use to invite customers around with a simple 'bring a friend' She use to get quite a turn out and double her customers. She would have a different type of parties
* Make Up
* Feet
* Hand
* face
Or she would just leave all the products out for her clients to try.

I hope this helps, I don't have any experiance as I am only doing it socially for now. But I do look forward to moving and getting a territory. In saying that I have heard where I am moving too doesn't have any Reps!

Edited by Baby~Blue~Eyes, 24 February 2011 - 09:19 AM.

#18 Baby~Blue~Eyes

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:26 AM

Question

People send out e-brochure I was wondering if someone could give me information on this. I would love to be able to email my friends up North!

#19 Hop1

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for the tips.  I think i'll door knock next time.  My area manager told me just to leave them on the door step.  I did introduce myself to anyone that was outside.   I'll be a bit more proactive next time.  I've just been given a retirement village hoping the older market might be better.  What do you think is the average age of most of your clients?  I tend to look at Avon being for the older age bracket.

I need some help / advice.  Something didn't turn up in my order there is no record of it being backed ordered etc. It's like it's just dropped off with no trace.  What do I do.  This customer really really wants it's and it not in either of the current catalogues.

#20 fancie

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Hop1 @ 25/02/2011, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the tips. I think i'll door knock next time. My area manager told me just to leave them on the door step. I did introduce myself to anyone that was outside. I'll be a bit more proactive next time. I've just been given a retirement village hoping the older market might be better. What do you think is the average age of most of your clients? I tend to look at Avon being for the older age bracket.

I need some help / advice. Something didn't turn up in my order there is no record of it being backed ordered etc. It's like it's just dropped off with no trace. What do I do. This customer really really wants it's and it not in either of the current catalogues.

Ages of customers:  
a couple of teenagers or very early 20's (buy for themselves - skincare, makeup)
quite a few in their 30's (buy for themselves and family - perfumes, makeup, skincare, body wash/deodorant)
quite a few in their 40's (buy for themselves and family - perfumes, makeup, skincare, body wash/deodorant)
a few in their 50's (buy for themselves - perfume, skincare)
a few in their 60's/70's (buy mostly giftware for family, perfume)

About the problem with the order Hop1, what was the item?  Perhaps someone in your district might have one, perhaps purchased as a demo?  Is the item advertised in the latest Sale booklet for campaign 8/9 (if you have received it)?  

This is one thing I don't like about the new internet site, a comfirmation email used to be sent immediately after transmitting your order that listed everything you had transmitted, so if you left something off accidentally you could order it straight away.  If it 'fell off' the system, you had proof you had at least ordered it.  So you could keep this email until after you had received delivery.  Now this info is only available until delivery date.  A real pain.

P.S. another tip:  ask your customers for feedback on products they buy, for instance when the Clearskin Professional range first came out, one of my customers bought it for her teenage son.  I asked her to give me some feedback on it (as I don't use this product and my DD not yet getting spotty), you can't as a rep try every product yourself.  If the feedback is positive great - if not I'm honest when other customers ask about it.  I tell them that it did/didn't work for someone else, but if they're not happy Avon will refund them.  I think being prepared to NOT recommend a product will enhance how your customers see you.

Edited by fancie, 25 February 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#21 Hop1

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:25 PM

Thanks fancie that's interesting about the ages.  I'll have to talk more to some younger market.  

It was the perfect strap holder for your bra page 103 C6.  If anyone has one i'll be happy to take it off your hands.  

Also depending on what area depends on when your campaign finishes right?  So someone may still be able to order from C6.  If you can still order from C6 can you please pm me.

Thanks

#22 Baby~Blue~Eyes

Posted 01 March 2011 - 02:50 PM

Can any order from the Birthday Bonanza?  I tried but it didn't give me the option online!

#23 Baby~Blue~Eyes

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

It's ok I can order now!

I might just add, that this is my second campaign & I have double my sales already. Seriously first sale was nothing. But I love to say that I have doubled already! Whoop Whoop

#24 Hop1

Posted 02 March 2011 - 11:13 AM

BBE  That's great about doubling your order.  I didn't do to well first one either but second was really good.  I'm onto my third and isn't look too promising yet.   What did you do to boost your sales for your second campaign?  I keep canvasing my territory but have only picked up one order so far and get less and less books back each time.   I'll keep plugging along hopefully things pick up.

#25 Baby~Blue~Eyes

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:13 PM

It is hard for me as I don't have a territory.

I emailed all my friends to see if they would like to view the catalouge on line. Got some bites from that. Which was good. And it saves a bit as your not buying books and so forth.

Took them to my mum's work & SIL where there are females working. Got some bites. (Both these I didn't do in my first campaign.)

My husband started FIFO so I don't have time with two children at home full time. (Actually my son does go to Daycare 1 day a week.) But he is working in my home town which have no reps. Next time he fly's up he is taking some booklets as my friends are all asking for stuff. This will be a big bonus.

I ordered heaps of samples and seem to be selling those products.. Not sure if it is a one off. But I am hoping that worked a bit.

Hope it picks up for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to tell if your child has a speech or language problem

Left untreated, children who start school with speech and language difficulties face an increased risk of reading and writing difficulties, more bullying, poorer peer relationships and less enjoyment of school. So, what should parents expect of children at different ages?

Finding your tribe as a new mum

How was my renegade mother's group different from my first? They were my kind of people. My tribe.

Following your child's emotional roadmap

Psychologist Angharad Candlin will guide parents through their child's emotional development during her seminar at the Essential Baby and Toddler Show in Sydney this weekend.

Delivery room surprises: when gender predictions are wrong

Out of all the questions asked of mums-to-be, “Do you know what you're having?” would be right up there in popularity. Sometimes,

The fertility battle we don't talk about

“You’re nowhere near menopausal,” my doctor cheerily informed me, and my heart sank. I don’t want to live with worry about pregnancy anymore.

'My morning sickness was so bad I'm not having any more kids'

“All the horrible stuff was totally worth it to have my son. But there is absolutely no way I could go through it all again.”

The 'no children' wedding invite

It was the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends, and she had invited me to be her bridesmaid. It was quite an honour. But there was one problem.

Baby Dylan recovering well after spending five days alone

For up to five days he lay alone after his mother died of a suspected drug overdose, but eight-month-old Dylan Micallef has made an incredible recovery.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

The mystery of William Tyrell, little boy lost

The question remains: How does a little boy simply vanish without a trace?

Woman fights off robber, then gives birth

A thief in the US got more than he bargained for when he try to rob a woman who was nine months pregnant because he figured she would be an easy target.

Video: Two-year-old tells mum off for laughing at her

This little girl is not happy that her mum started laughing during her performance - so she tells her exactly how she feels about it.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

When punishment goes too far

What should you do when a stranger goes too far when disciplining their child in public?

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

My Wellbeing

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.