70 replies to this topic

#1 catalyst

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=822318

#2 Mum22gorjuzgirlz

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:25 PM

GOLD!!!!

Welcome Becky. Wow 10mths!! That'd keep you busy! Great bunch in here, you will be very welcome.

#3 rachelle2

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

SILVER

Welcome Becky - you are a bit of a superwoman!!  I barely cope with my 18 month old alone some days!

Just wanted to send some big hugs to Bron and family today.  Have been thinking of you all.  Hope the service was a lovely celebration of a beautiful life xo.

#4 debs79

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

Bronze

Welcome Becky. Wow 10 months. You must have your hands full. I can barely cope with 1 somedays.

Bron  bbighug.gif  hhugs.gif  Hope it was a nice service.

AFU
We have had a crappy (literally) weekend. Our plans of doing the garden out the back went down the drain. Not only did we have rainy weather, we all come down with the gastro bug (thanks Lizzie). Lizzie got it Thurs, then I coped it Fri and then DF. He is just getting over it now, just in time to go back to work tomorrow.

Well I hope everyone elses (long) weekend was better.

Deb
xxx

#5 MySpunkBubbles

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:15 PM

Bec - welcome!  I'm in Sydney and there is just over 13 months between my 2 boys - so I can relate.  Your boys are gorgeous!  Looking forward to getting to know you.

Bron - I'm another who was thinking of you yesterday.  Such an emotional day, no doubt.  hugs!

Nat - how gorgeous is Mia?  Thanks for sharing the birth story (wow.... so quick!) and the pics on FB.

Deb - sounds like a miserable time for your household lately.  Isn't it always the way when there is a long weekend??  Typical!

Us - not much to report.  I took both boys for a haircut last weekend - DS1 was loooking too much like a girl (his curls were so gorgeous, though!!) and first haircut ever for DS2.  DS2 was fantastic - but DS1 yelled the entire shoppping centre down, I'm sure.  They look very handsome with their new haircuts, though.  DS1 is apparently a night owl - for the last week, he has kept getting up (and waking DS2!!  not happy about that!) and kept doing that until between 11pm and midnight.  It. has. to. stop. now. SOOO tired.  Poor DS2 - he gets into a deep sleep and then his big brother decides it's party time.  Repeatedly.  Surely it can't go on.  Luckily my DH has been bringing home chocolate coated strawberries - the only thing between me and insanity, I reckon.  Anyway, gotta go and get back to work.

waves.gif to all

#6 ronnyandcharlize

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

Hi everyone

Bron- i'm so sorry to hear about your MIL what a tough time for you and your family bbighug.gif

Bec- hello, wow supermum to you! Must be like raising twins. They are very adorable biggrin.gif

Nat- wow what a quick labour, she is very beautiful. That's so good she is so settled and sleeping well. I bet your still running on a high, i just love newborn babies there so cuddly and adroable and so precious.

AFU- i havent been in for ages, i havent had much time. Cohen is doing so well he is so freakin tall i really should measure him he easily looks 2.5 which is a shame really because so many people expect so much more of him when he is infact still a toddler. He is a real chatterbox basically says anything we say to him. Exciting stuff he did his first wee on the potty last night biggrin.gif , he has been interested in the potty since i got it out and always says wee wee potty so i thought each day before and after the bath i will just let him sit on it to get used to it, we sing twinkle twinkle and he thinks its great. I was so shocked when he did a wee and got all excited infact i raced off to ger the camera just because i hadnt got one of him sitting on the potty and came back and Charlize said he's done a wee, i actually missed it lol, im not pressuring him or anything just letting him do it when he wants to. Charlize would never even sit on the potty or toilet and wasnt trained until just on 3 so this early interest at nearly 18months has gob smacked me.

On exciting news and im sure most might have seen posts in other sections im having another baby!!! biggrin.gif  tthumbs.gif  tthumbs.gif  tthumbs.gif I'm 10wks1day and have a noticeable bump already. Feeling very tired and sick all day mainly when im not doing much. I havent vommited but the nausea all day sucks. We havent told Charlize yet as i would hate to have something go wrong and then to explain all that to her, so im so excited for my first ob appoipment next Thursday so i can tell the world. Family knows and a few friends but thats it. I did see Charlize look at my tummy the other morning so she must have a slight inkling she hasnt said anything, i know she is going to be so excited!

Hope everyone else is going well biggrin.gif
Ronny

#7 NatandImmi20

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:09 AM

Congratulations Ronny! That is fantastic news and i wish you all the best for your pregnancy!

We are going well, DH went back to work yesterday so it's just me now. Was planning a quiet week but decided to visit a friend today and going to attempt some groceries tomorrow with 2 kids! I'm sure it will be fine. Then got a friend visiting Friday so it's nice to have a few things on!

Having a few little issues with Imogen which i have been putting down to her getting her eye teeth (i hope). She is starting to misbehave a bit and has been hitting me and throwing things. She is waking at night and got yucky nappies so i'm fairly sure there's some action with her eye teeth so i hope she settles down soon and turns back into my lovely little girl. Was also thinking of the big change to her life over the last 2 weeks may be contributing to it and also having DH home for 2 weeks - she was out of her routine so planning to get her back on track! Did someone else in here have similar issues a while back and they changed what their child was eating and it made a difference? Just thinking Imogen's diet hasn't been the best lately and DH tends to give her anything to eat whereas i'm a bit more tough on not letting her eat too much crap.

Better go Mia is awake!

#8 *~Bluebird~*

Posted 06 October 2010 - 11:36 AM

Hi,

Congrats ronnyandcharlize on your pregnancy. Yes I did know about 4 weeks ago but didn't want to say anything in here just in case you wanted to keep it quiet.  wink.gif Hope you have a healthy pregnancy. original.gif

NatandImmi20:- Declan is going though a hitting stage and pulling the girls hair and then sitting on them. He thinks its funny while the girls cry while he is doing it. I am just trying the really forceful "NO" and so far its not working. Hope he gets over this phase himself. I don't feed Declan hardly any junk food. We as a family are trying to eat more healthier now so we don't have much bad food here in the house.  laugh.gif  

ninjamummy:- Declan had his 3rd haircut a couple of weeks ago. He cried too, tears were running down his face. sad.gif He has such thick hair and it grows so face. Its still strawberry blonde and he has blue eyes so all the mums at the school says he a "looker" and all the girls will be after him.  laugh.gif

rachelle2 and leannefirsttimemum:- Hi,  waves.gif

Becky:- Welcome to our group. original.gif I live on the Northside of Brisbane. I'm Tracy and I have 3 children, Dd 6, Dd2 4 and Ds (Declan) nearly 18 months.

Us:- We are all good, haven't been up to much lately, just started back at school this week for Skye. Finding things so much easier now. Declan is playing on his own for longer and I am getting all the housework done each day. Makes my life so less stressful.

Bluebird. original.gif

#9 me-mum

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:22 PM

Congrats Ronny!! I'm so excited for you. Hope that the morning sickness goes away soon.

Becky - Welcome! You certainly will be one busy mumma.

Nat - We had only a few issues with Zoe when we brought Harry home, mostly that she was being too loving and one day I found her in his cot so that she could pat his head. Give her a few weeks and hopefully all will be back to normal.

US - Is anyone else got a little one fighting sleep? I put Harry down for his lunchtime nap over an hour ago and he still isn't asleep, its driving me nutty as I really need that break in the middle of the day to make it thru.  

We are off on holidays to the Whitsundays tomorrow so can't wait for some nice beach weather. Kids need so much stuff!! I feel like I've been doing stuff for days but not a thing is in a suitcase yet...

#10 bron23

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

Congratulations Ronny!!!!!!

#11 debs79

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:37 PM

Congratulations Ronny

Hope the sickness goes soon. I had that with Lizzie, no vomiting just all day queasy.

Nat Hopefully Imogen will settles down for you soon. I guess she has also had a big 2 weeks with lots of disruptions. Loved the pics of Mia on FB. She is beautiful.

me-mum Enjoy your trip. Hope you get some nice weather and plenty of beach going.

ninjamummy How cute with the haircut. I think we are still a long way off from her first cut (even if she was a boy it would still be a while). Hope DS1 starts sleeping at night again soon.

Well tomorrow I am hoping to get cuddles with a 6 week old (just keeping my eye on the little one as I dont want to go if she is still a bit sick). Though if I cant make it I will be seeing her on Sunday for a family/old neighbours end of footy season bbq.

Deb
xxx

#12 lou-t

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

Hi girls..

Ronny - CONGRATULATIONS!!! What wonderful news. I hope everything goes along smoothly for you..

Bron - How are you all going? I've been thinking of you and your family, and hope you are managing these tough times ok..

Nat - I'm not sure if I've posted since you told us your birth story.. Thanks for sharing. It sounds like your beautiful little girl was very excited about meeting her family! Sorry to hear Imogen is struggling a bit. Callum's been a nightmare lately, then we noticed a molar pop through. Let's hope it's just teeth related.

Jess - You lucky little chicken! I hope you and your family have a wonderful time in the Whitsundays..

Debs - Has your household recovered from the recent bout of gastro? yucko! Enjoy your baby cuddles...

Tracy - I hope you enjoyed the school holidays with your little kids. It must be quiet again with the girls at school/cc again?

Amanda - How's your DS1's sleeping going? What a nightmare! Our boys share rooms also, so if one wakes, usually the other does also. Thankfully it doesn't happen too often. Lucky for the strawbs to keep you sane. My boys love having their hair cut (although DS2 has only had one). Harrison gets excited every saturday when we drive past the barber. He knows he gets a freddo!

Becky - thanks for joining our group... There are some pretty special women in here (lots actually!)

AFU - I had a nightmare of a long weekend. It was raining the whole time so the boys were mostly inside going stir crazy. Our bathroom reno's have started so it's like a construction site. Then one of my DH's mates (in his 50's) came to visit on Thursday, and has stayed since!!! Including the arrival of his 25 yr old son on Saturday!! Both are big, loud, burly men, who love the grog and who wake up my boys at all hours... So a quick cuppa turned into a 6 night stay!!! Thankfully I had to go away for work, so I am now in Canberra at a conference away from them all. My DH tells me they left today, thank goodness. I'm keen to go home again, so I can share some time with my boys without feeling angry about our unexpected guests.. Woops, sorry for the whinge!

I hope you are all well and are having a pleasant week.

#13 be-e

Posted 07 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

Hi guys,
I haven't been on for a while but have been reading.

Ronny - Congrats on your news! Wishing you all the best for a boring pregnancy.

Lou - a visitor staying for 6 days thats funny I would go crazy, Im glad you got away. Enjoy your peace with your family when you get home.

Debs - Enjoy your newborn cuddles, when I cuddle my friends newborn I get so clucky!!

Bron - hope you and your family are doing ok

Jess - Ohhh Whitsundays - so nice!!! Hope you have a beautiful time with your family!

Bluebird - Im also finding Linc is happy to play by himself for longer these days.

Nat - thanks for sharing your wonderful birth story, made me feel very emotional and want to do it again myself.

Ninja - Hope you get some more sleep soon, cute about the haircuts!

Hi Bec - Im Bec too, Im from Vic and have Lincoln 18 months.

AFU - all going pretty well here. Lincoln is undrstanding alot these days which is nice, and saying a few things as well. He still wakes up regulary over night and for our sanity we bring him into our bed most nights (this could alslo be the making of our insanity). But I try not to let it get to us because he is so lovely and fun during the day, and its quite nice to wake up to him laughing and chattering - not sure if I already posted this here but one day I woke up to him meowing like a cat.

Im leaving my boys for 2 nights this weekend for my SIL to be's hens weekend. Actually looking forward to a good nights sleep and sleep in but will miss Linc.

Im excited to here all the baby news. There is alot of people around me pregnant or with newbies. Im keen to try for no.2 but am putting it off a few months till after my brothers wedding and christmas maybe.

Hope everyone is well
Bec

#14 MySpunkBubbles

Posted 08 October 2010 - 02:05 PM

Congratulations Ronny! So exciting!  Wishing you a healthy and trouble-free time in the months ahead

Tracy - how come you knew a few weeks ago?  Have you got anything to tell us?  tongue.gif :wink:

#15 *~Bluebird~*

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:46 PM

ninjamummy"- I saw a certain post from Ronny asking something in the pregnancy forum.  cool.gif  biggrin.gif

A horrible arvo and night, its been raining all arvo and its all windy and rainy tonight. Have to go to a birthday party tomorrow too.

Deccy is crying so going to have to cut it short. He is ready for bed soon.

Bluebird.  original.gif

#16 happymonkey

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:29 AM

Hi guys

Sorry, I have been pretty bad reading and posting!!  I'm back from holiday!

Bron - So sorry to hear the news. I didn't know you were going through rough times. take good care!

Ronny - Congratulations! Number 3 eh! you are going to be so busy but it will be great to have 3 toddlers running around.

Nat - Congratulations! I saw the baby photos on facebook. Just beautiful! I hope immi settles down for you soon.

Becky _i'm also Becky. living in Sydney with a 17 months old Philippa. ( I called her Miss P or madam on here).

Everyone else! - How are you doing? Anyone else's babies driving them crazy? I don't know what's with Madam. She is refusing foods (likes certain foods only) and very clingy. She would run to me for pick up if she hears aeroplane noises.....Poor little thing. She is picking up alot of words now...says money when I pay at check out, point at stars and say star. All very sweet but gosh, the tantrum is driving me insane. haha. I can't wait for them to grown out of this phase. Is your toddler active?  Miss P is always running around and can't sit still for 10 minutes. She will sit in the high chair for a little and then wants out. Gets very excited when we play and dance.

#17 Mum22gorjuzgirlz

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

Congratulations Ronny!!!! How exciting!!!! Yah!!

I'm jealous ! Iwould love to be trying again now. Once dh is more set on a path to employment again we'll start. Hopefully in six months max.

Bought a new pram yesterday. Updating now coz our other one was second hand and prib not going to do another bub, so thought we'd update now and get use for Tara too. After getting some opinions the pram we settled on as right for us was the valco quad. There was a special offer an it came with a free toddler seat. We got a good deal getting the bassinet, hitchhiker, rain and shade covers too. Tara loves the toddler seat (more room for my shopping bags too!) and love how small it folds ip and so light. So we're pleased so far.

I'm on my iPhone so it's tricky to go back and forth to see people' posts so sorry for lack of personals- going from memory-

Bron- thinking of you guys.

Bec- I hop linc gets better at nights.

Nat/ how'd your shopping trip go with both immy and Mia!

Someone was sick too- hope all netter now!!

Hi to everyone else!! Xox

afu had a great weekend. Today was such a beautiful day! Bought Tara some shoes, bought me some shoes, went for a little walk, Tara had a ride on the carousel, and we spent the avo down the waterfront with friends.

Have a good week all xox

#18 j-lo

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:47 AM

Confession time - I've known about Ronny for some weeks now and there is a reason.  I'm expecting number two a couple of days after her - currently 10.5 weeks and scans so far have shown all is good.  Having said that I feel like crap.  Someone told me MS often does stike again for number two - THEY WERE WRONG!!!!!  Anyway, it should ease soon I hope.

Ronny - hope I didn't steal you thunder too much, I was going to post the other day, but read your post so thought I should wait a few days.  

Leanne - glad to hear the new pram is working out, I saw you FB post asking for recommendations.  Sounds like you had a great day yesterday with Tara.

Happymonkey - Jem is driving me a bit nutty, but that could be my lack of patience being pg!!  She is definitely starting to get naughty though, hitting people and she thinks it's funny when we try to tell her off.  Any suggestions??  She's also being quite clingy with both me and DH - whoever has been with her for the day.  I spent most of this last weekend with girlsfriends and DH had Jem.  On sunday morning he went to have a shower and she was incolsolable cos she could get the door open to be with him.  I am glad it's not just me she wants now, but this clingy-ness is a bit draining.

Bluebird - still raining??  Must be frustrating.  Not to rub it in or anything, be we've had some lovely sunny days in Melb recently.

Bec - Jem sounds the same as Linc, says a few words but understands LOTS.  I did think she would be speaking a bit more by now, but she hasn't done anything else early so I guess it's just her.  She is also still up overnight regularly, mainly for drinks and cuddles.  She usually won't sleep in out bed - tried that last night without success - so I have to sit up with her until she's ready to go back down.

Lou - wow your obviously a more patient woman than I putting up with unexpected house guests for 6 days, plus renos and a long weekend of rain!!  Sounds exhausting.  Hope the conference went well - probably more peaceful than being at home at that time.

Well that't it from me - need to go eat before I puke again - sorry TMI!!

Jo

#19 bron23

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

Congratulations Jo!!!!!!

How exciting that you and Ronny get to go through it all together again! Esp after you have both had a rough time TTC. Im so very happy for you both

gtg taking the monsters to the park

#20 me-mum

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:10 PM

Congratulations Jo!!! Hope that the morning sickness settles soon.

Quick one from me today. We are on holidays in qld. Having a nice time but the weather is not so good so stuck in our room, not so fun with two kids as harry is a tad feral after waking at 4.45am. Can't wait till tomorrow when they are both spending the morning in kids club

#21 lou-t

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

What fantastic news Jo - CONGRATULATIONS!! I hope the m/s doesn't last too long. Rest up and take it easy!

#22 AJB3

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

Hi Ladies

Congratulations Jo!  Its lovely to come in here and read good news.

Ronny - we've said it already but Congratulations from all of us.  We are very excited for you.

Jess - I hope the weather improves for you.  Enjoy your kid free time.

Leanne - Sounds like you had a lovely weekend.  Your pram sounds good too.  Does Tara have heaps of shoes?  Alana has about 8 pairs size 5.  Girls need so many more shoes than boys.  

Happymonkey - Alana is very busy also.  She is constantly moving and into everything.  She is different to Darcy who was happy to sit and play.

Lou - Good timing for your conference.  Unwanted guests are terrible.

AFU - My parents have taken Darcy for a couple of nights as he has been nagging to stay there all by himself.  Alana is asleep and I'm making risotto for dinner.  I love it but it takes so long that I don't usually bother.  I haven't worked yet this term but ha#ve 4 days lined up at the school I worked at last term.  I'm glad they asked me back as it means I did ok last term.  

I'm unsure on whether or not to have No. 3.  Its a hard decision for us.  We have two beautiful healthy kids and I'm justing starting a new career.  We both come from families with 3 kids and 2 kids seems small.  I think about how much I appreciate my sister and think Alana should have a sister.  I don't want to leave it too long as I'm getting older.  Such a tricky decision.  There are so many things to consider.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday.

Rachel

#23 Mum22gorjuzgirlz

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:03 PM

Congratulations jo!!! How super exciting!! Hope the ms goes soon.

Rach- yes Tara has shoe variety too! Bought her 4 pairs yesterday!! But hard to find in her size with the hard soles- most are still soft soles. She's in between a 3 and 4 ATM. She has about 8 pairs that now. She is a girl afterall!!!!

Xox

#24 MySpunkBubbles

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:36 PM

Congratulations Jo!  Wonderful news!  I've had a completely cr*p day at work today - so some happy news was just the thing.  Hope the m/s settles down soon.

DH just came in from the front yard with DS1 in tow.  DS1 gave me a flower from out the front and a big kiss.  He said 'Here y'are Mummy'.  After the day I've had, I almost dissolved into tears.  Awww

#25 bron23

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (ninjamummy @ 11/10/2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DH just came in from the front yard with DS1 in tow.  DS1 gave me a flower from out the front and a big kiss.  He said 'Here y'are Mummy'.  After the day I've had, I almost dissolved into tears.  Awww

I hope your day gets better soon. bbighug.gif

Just trying to decide if I really want to change my job or not..............

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Why are there so few sexy maternity bras?

Rather than feeling ashamed of their post-baby bodies, women should be free to buy lingerie that makes them look attractive and pretty - no matter what stage of life they're in.

Toddler Alliyah one step closer to first trip home

She has lived the first 14 months of her life in a hospital intensive care unit, but Alliyah Broadby's parents hope to finally take their little girl home with them.

'Put people before IVF profits': IVF pioneer Alan Trounson

IVF could be done for hundreds of dollars in Australia instead of $8500 if clinics stopped charging what ''the market will handle'', a pioneer of the technology says.

Expectant parents urged to swap the pub for bub

Nearly one in five women drink while pregnant, but a current campaign is trying to drive down that unhealthy statistic.

Nutella supplies threatened by bad weather

There's bad news for fans of Nutella, the gooey, chocolatey hazelnut spread.

The cost of growing your own vegies

Does it make financial sense to grow your own veggies, or are you better off ordering produce from the local food co-op?

Breastfeeding mums less likely to suffer from PND, but all need support

A new study has shown the a complex relationship between a mother?s intention to breastfeed, her ability to do so, and postnatal depression.

The #loveyourlines Instagram account taking on body issues

A new Instagram account, LoveYourLines, has put the call out for to change the way we view stretch marks.

Mum gets diploma 51 years after being thrown out of school over pregnancy

Sandra Lantz was about six months pregnant and four months from graduation when she was forced to leave high school. Now, more than half a century later, she has finally graduated.

The lowdown on male midwives

How would you feel about having a male midwife assist your baby's birth? For a growing number of mums, the idea is a reality - and the experts all agree that it's something that should be encouraged.

Bomb threat at daycare centre

Worried parents took to social media yesterday after their children's daycare was evacuated due to a bomb threat.

Unusual celebrity baby names

Celebrities love to use their imaginations when it comes to naming their kids! Here's a gallery of some of the most memorable monikers in show biz families.

5 fears I've overcome since becoming a mum

Motherhood has a way of putting any phobias you had pre-parenthood into perspective: you either realise they?re a pointless waste of energy or they simply vanish in a sleep-deprived haze.

Mums review the Dymples range from Big W

The Big W Dymples range offers parents a vast selection of quality products to keep their little ones happy and healthy. We asked the Real Mums Test Drive team to review some items - here's what they said.

Recall: Another cot deemed unsafe

Parents are being warned to check their baby's cot is not one of those which have been recalled in recent weeks due to safety concerns.

The truth about breastfeeding and weightloss

Celebrities often state that their post-baby weight loss is down to breastfeeding, and breastfeeding alone. But that's not the reality for all women.

10 weird things little kids do

Most kids have their own personal brand of oddity. It's usually nothing to worry about, but every now and again you might find yourself scratching your head and asking, ?Really? Is that really a thing??

The app that helps detect signs of autism

Parents can assess their children's progress at critical developmental stages, thanks to this new app.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

She went to a doctor complaining of stomach pains, then had an unexpected operation to remove a decades-old fetus.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.