69 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:38 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=789757

#2 C.C.S.

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:57 AM

Gold!!

Doh.. I was reading the last thread and went to post and it wouldn't let me!  lol tricked me there for a bit.

Bel - I hope they can figure out exactly what is going on it must be quite stressful for you and your family.  Doing the show must have been exciting - congratulations on that.

Ben looks so grown up!  And to know all the planets by name that is wonderful! Chayse couldn't do that but then he's really into motorbikes and riding, though he couldn't tell you the different types he is a little crusty demon want to be - no fear!  

We were at a motorcross track on Friday and Chayse and his friend where on their pee wees supposed to be doing little circles in front of us waiting for their dads when Chayse decides to ride down the track - I was "OMG he's goiong to go over that jump - Rob QUICK!"  too late he was up and over it and up on the second one which is where he hit a rut and fell off, not hurt butt couldn't get the bike up because it was ontop of a jump.  My heart was in my throat the little devil went over it without hesitation and it was fairly big, I was hestant riding towards it.  LOL.  I have bought a motorbike - I can just touch  the ground on my tippy toes or side straddle and touch properly.  I rode the whole track (albeit in 2nd gear) and only dropped the bike once, it's a heavy sucker to pick up especially on the top of one of the jumps!

Seth is doiong well though he doesn't sleep well at night.  Not sure what to do there but I'm going to have to do something soon - I am a walking Zombie!   He is allergic to mozzies and today has a swollen ear - kind of reminds me of Dopey - the dwarf!! LOL

Anyway, enough babble from me, I hope everyone is keeping well.

Me and my boys - 27th Aug

Chayse just born

Better late than never for the then and now photos LOL.

Edited by C.C.S., 20 September 2010 - 08:19 AM.

#3 Xanadu25

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

SILVER ah bugger it, its the only medal I will ever get. Just like StKilda  wink.gif

Big gap btwn medals too.  

Just popped in to say hellllllooooo. Feeling crap. Think i caught a bug from DH. Sore throat and all achy.
Thought it was just the hangover from Sat. A very rare event that hit me like a truck.
Nice to have a night out without the kiddies though.  Took them to a daytime bday so they were well and truly worn out for nanna.

Better go and finish dinner and then collapse.

Susie

#4 laraq75

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

Hello, thats all!

#5 Guest_pbgirl_*

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

Edited by pbgirl, 18 November 2010 - 10:03 AM.

#6 Xanadu25

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

24 days, is that a record? wink.gif

#7 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:31 PM

waves.gif Girls,

We are nearly at Xmas and then comes school for our Junie Schoolies, Lily is sooooooooooo excited and looks sooooooooooooooo cute in her uniform  cry1.gif   I'm trying to be mindful that I only have a couple more months of her at home so am trying to do "things" with her.

What's everybody else up to?

#8 Xanadu25

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:38 PM

Rose, how cute. I have only got the pants and shorts so far. Will get the rest in Nov.  His school colour is navy and yellow.
Jack had his first orientation the other week and has 3 more to go every couple of weeks.

Still working for the primary school which means I get the next holidays off and I will keep Jack home. Save on daycare as well. Fingers crosses, hopefully I will know soon if I get put on perm. part time as i am temp for 6mths.
Have already spoke to someone about it so its looking good but until I see it in writing, I wont belive it -lol.

Also with the prep schedule, the first month they only go everyday but Wednesday. Will have to go and stay with nanna on those days. Wonder what other aprents who work but dont have backup will do?
Anyway, still a couple of months off.

Susie

#9 MacFeral

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

Currently filling out enrolment forms for Ned (will take them in to the school tomorrow). I will ask them about uniforms then as I was under the impression I could get them in Jan. Neds will be white and green. Also enjoying these few months too Rose.

#10 ~gemma~

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:39 PM

Jordan is enrolled and ready to go, wont be getting his uniform until after Xmas. We are only going to trial him for a week or 2 and see how he goes, I dont think he is ready and neither do his daycarers but all i can do is see what happens and if need be pull him out and send him in 2012 at the same time as Madi.

#11 laraq75

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

We start preschool next year but not school so we don't need to worry until 2012 about school.  I am kind of sad and kind of happy that she will only be going for 3 days a week one week and 2 the next.  But that is just the ACT school system.

#12 seepi

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

HI Lara - Adele doesn't get to go to school next year either.  Seems like it is only the ACT that has such an early cut-off. Bring Jordan down here Gemma - he will have to wait another year anyway.

He might surprise you and be ready by February. Friends turned down a preschool spot last year for their son as he wasn't putting on his own shoes etc, and by January he would have been fine. but there is no problem in waiting if that will suit him better.

We are still hoping to get into our local pre-school, which is just down the road, which would be lovely, but if we haven't got offered a place by now it isn't looking that good. I think we are first or second on the waiting list.

I have got a place at a bigger preschool that I will have to drive to, and their uniform is red, which is nice. Most of the public school uniforms are pretty daggy though - cheap trackies and t-shirts. I guess once uniforms kick in I will have to stop buying Adele so many clothes.

We booked in for summer swimming lessons too today. adele is gong to be a tadpole - so cute!

#13 4littlemonkeys

Posted 31 October 2010 - 11:56 AM

Hi girls,

Well Isabel is starting school next year, but up in the NT it is called Transition - and transition is more playbased.. so basically full time pre-school which I am very happy with.  In Darwin the cutoff is 30 June, so she scrapes in by a month.   We have two schools that we are deciding on and need to interview for both.  The school I prefer has composite classes.  One Transition / Yr 1 composite, then one Year 1/2 composite. So it looks like the boys will be in the same class if we are accepted as I don't want them in the same class as Izzy.  I think them being in a Yr 1/2 composite will be good for them, as they will be in Yr1 and up there they don't start reading til Yr 1 (the boys did all of that this year), so I hope they can be pushed a bit at the Yr2 (Yr1 in NSW) level.  The other school has normal year classes. We have to interview for both schools so will do that in early December when we get up there.

The uniforms are Navy blue and light blue for one school and black and purple for the other. So quite different. At the moment the boys school is white shirts (so practical laughing2.gif), and grey shorts.  So I can't wait to have different colours. Already saving my $$ as the schools are catholic so a bit pricey, but the public schools up there are very dodgy.

Anyhow better go - gotta race over to my parents. Only 3 1/2 weeks til we move! Yikes

#14 Guest_pbgirl_*

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:40 PM

Edited by pbgirl, 18 November 2010 - 10:03 AM.

#15 friendly68

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:27 AM

Caden won't be going to school until 2012 as well.  He misses the cutoff by 10.75 hours.  30th June is the cut off here in Qld too.

He starts kindergarten in Jan, 2 days one week, 3 days the next.  He's looking forward to it, he's very keen.

Well I'm off to bed, can't sleep tonight.

#16 MacFeral

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

waves.gif

I took need to a school orientation this morning (it was a 3 part series and I missed the first two weeks). I think it was good as today was about meeting other parents and doing school tour etc. Apparently the past 2 weeks were more about what the kids will learn but since the curriculum is all the same I'm not too concerned with having missed those weeks. He is clearly ready though, didn't have any problems whatsoever and was really keen to go off with the other kids. I'm more worried about how I am going to cope now...the mums in our area tend to be a lot older than me and more "desperate housewives" types, which i am most definately not (or maybe I am and I'm in denial about it). Anyway, I'm sure it will all be fine once "we" settle in to school life.

#17 Xanadu25

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

Edited by SUSIE25, 21 February 2018 - 03:29 PM.

#18 MRT

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:25 PM

Thought I'd pop in and see if I'd missed anything and lo behold you lot have been chatting!

Zoe doesn't start school until term 3 next year, in SA they start the term after they turn 5 so there is intakes every term. I think her uniform will be maroon. We got her kindy photos back today adn they are so cute, it's good to have some of her actually doing things at kindy!

#19 MacFeral

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:56 AM

LOL Susie, by all means go ahead  biggrin.gif  

I guess  was kind of shocked by the main organiser of the parent tour (a parent at the school herself) wearing a black cocktail dress to a parents information session. Here I am in my usual long sleeve jumper/jeans combo feeling rather under-dressed!

#20 Xanadu25

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

Edited by SUSIE25, 21 February 2018 - 03:29 PM.

#21 BelnBen

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

Ben won't be going to school until 2012 either.
We just got a call this afternoon to offer him a 3 day a week place in the pre-school next to the school he will be going to, so we will be moving him from his current DC to there next year.
We sold our house.
We had already bought a new one.
We move in early December.
Dh starts a new job Nov 15th - he has had 2 mths off - thankfully with the house stuff.
I filmed "Milliionaire Hotseat" on Oct 20th - will let you know when it airs - can't say anything more now though.

Last Thursday, our Paed informed us that Grace has a very rare chromosomal abnormality.
Not a 'syndrome' - not enough of them.
Missing a v small bit off the end of one and has an extra bit on the bottom of the same one - hoping to God it is a 'balanced translocation' - meaning the extra bit is the missing bit in the wrong spot - some hope then of next to no effect on her.
She had grommets in on Tuesday and they took more blood for a more advanced test on the chromosome in question to find out hopefully what genes are affected.
We could be looking at anything from a mild to a severe effect.
She doesn't have any obvious physical malformations that are symptomatic of this.
Theatre staff on Tues said she was more responsive than many kids they see with severe mental retardation - there, I've said it - that is what we could be facing.

I am still reeling from this info and really don't know what to think, do, where to go etc.
I have cried myself to sleep most nights since.
We want to keep positive, but I am trying to be realistic and hope my mother's intuition is proven wrong!

She is just such a beautiful, placid, good natured little baby.
How could there be something so irreversibly wrong with her?  sad.gif
What a month October was ( and Septmeber!) A rollercoaster!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know and ask for prays - from anyone who prays.

Belinda

#22 Guest_pbgirl_*

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:41 PM

Edited by pbgirl, 18 November 2010 - 10:04 AM.

#23 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:43 PM

Bel - I really don't know what to say, there obviously are no words that will comfort you. It is devestating news for you and your family, and as a mother, I feel so sad on your behalf for the loss of all your dreams that you would have had for Grace's future.

Sending my prayers for the best outcome possible for you all.

#24 BelnBen

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:47 PM

Rose -  cry1.gif  sad.gif

#25 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 04 November 2010 - 08:52 PM

What are the predictions for her development in the future Bel?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.