51 replies to this topic

#1 catalyst

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:41 PM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=761639

#2 lexington

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:27 PM

Nobody is fighting for gold?

Bale of hay is rolling across the thread.

#3 robyn07

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

A little bit late but I will take the:

SILVER

Gosh my DD has started waking up at 5/5.30am...it's killing me.   yyawn.gif   I give her a bottle but she just doesn't want to go back to sleep.  I have no idea whats up with her??...she has all her teeth so surely it can't be 2 year old molars already!!  

Hope everyone else is well!

GO PIES!!

#4 schrodinger's cat

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

Just hello - I'm still here.

#5 joka

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:45 PM

Still here too...

Robyn, I am awaiting the 2yo molars, DS1 got his at 16mths happy.gif

So glad that spring is here loving seeing the sun.

#6 pinkpineapple

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

Im still here too.

My DD has been waking with the birds so about 6:20 but will usually go down for longer after a BF. I thinkg we might be getting 2yr old molars sad.gif

She has turned into such a chatter box and repeating everything I say. Yesterday was 'gorgeous' lol

#7 lexington

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

Duesoon - WOW you're still BFing.
I'm BFing my second baby and that is... can't wait to stop LOL.
I have this passive aggressive love/hate relationship with BFing. Maybe it's just the tight ar$e in me and don't want to spend $$ on formula. LOL

Joka - I don't know if these are molars. But he has all 8 top and bottom front teeth. Saw something on the side as he had been drooling for days. His whole shirt is wet and I'm like eeeewwww GROSS D!!!

Mr D has decided he ain't drinking milk anymore. So I stopped bothering.. and of course I feel guilty.
He has cheese, yoghurt, cream and other stuff but isn't too keen on drinking his milk. I took bottles off him when he was 12 months and he drinks from a sippy cup. After 2months, he's just not keen on milk anymore.

#8 robyn07

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:09 AM

Robyn, I am awaiting the 2yo molars, DS1 got his at 16mths

Gosh Joka maybe she is getting more molars?? She has 16 teeth already and a few signs are pointing to more teeth coming....for eg: red cheeks, acid poo as DH calls it, irritabillity, chewing on everything in sight and waking up early.  I didn't think it was possible to get them this early.  Poor thing has cold as well...just doped her up with some panadal and put her down for a nap.  Her sleeping in the morning has really gone to crap.  She has also started this really bad head butting of the cot bumper in the cot from about 4am and obviously not sleeping....I really want her to stop it and I want to take the bumper out but I am so scared she will hurt herself.  I am so tired atm because she is just awake so early and keeping DH and I awake as well....it's so draining.  Gosh I hope it passes soon!  hands.gif

#9 JBM2B

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:13 PM

I think most of us use the FB group.

Are the 2yr old molars the first ones, or the second?
DS has 2 molars (left top and bottom) next to where the k9 teeth come up.
The right side top one is currently migrating south.
(Soon to have 10 teeth total). But his 4th bottom tooth still has not shown up :\

Lex, how's the new baby? And Joka how's Lawson? I feel so out of touch, missing the newborn stage, but so not ready to have another baby yet. Just enjoying my toddler for now.

#10 pinkpineapple

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (lexington @ 28/09/2010, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Duesoon - WOW you're still BFing.
I'm BFing my second baby and that is... can't wait to stop LOL.
I have this passive aggressive love/hate relationship with BFing. Maybe it's just the tight ar$e in me and don't want to spend $$ on formula. LOL

Yep still going strong. She loves it and I am fine with it. Dont know how log we will go, maybe 2 unless she weans first. She has only just started having small amounts of milk after many attempts.

QUOTE (JBM2B @ 29/09/2010, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think most of us use the FB group.

Are the 2yr old molars the first ones, or the second?

Whats the FB group? sad.gif Im not a member.

The 2yr molars are the 2nd lot. Hard to see if they are coming cos she wont let me in to check.

#11 lexington

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

JBM2B - Little one is good. Much easier this time to be honest.. No do not look back, do not miss the newborn stage. Remember the poos? The liquid ones! The night feeds.

Duesoon - hats off to you. I'm over BFing and only done it for 10 weeks.

The little one is gaining weight really well not like Mr D. D and him sat next to each other and D kissed the little boy. I had the camera but could not grab that pic! Oh melts. It was so adorable.

Robyn - mine is getting more teeth too. He's getting the rash and his tshirt is wet by the morning. Drool machine.

What's acid poo??

#12 robyn07

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:22 AM

Hi Lexington,

What's acid poo??

My DH calls it that because at the moment her poos are really soft and they just irritate her little bottom.  Along with the drooling, red raw cheeks, chewing everything even her hands, irritabillity, early morning wake-ups, spitting out chunky food and cracking it when I put her in bed for naps....this is all telling me she is teething but I put my finger in her mouth and I can't feel anything.  I am so over it atm....how long do you think it will last??  She already has 16 teeth including 4 molars....I just didn't think it was possible at 16mths to start getting more...just have to ride it out I guess  sad.gif

I don't know how you all cope with two!!  Hope everyone else is not having too many drama's

Anyone thinking of transferring to their toddler to a bed??

#13 lexington

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:55 PM

I wanted to transfer D to a big boy bed as I need the cot soon. LOL
I think I will do so soon!
Fingers crossed.

Wow robyn that's a lot of teeth!
I'm not sure how I cope with two but I am spending ALOT of time with my D. He's started to sit next to me and cuddle me. So cute.

#14 joka

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

Patterson went into a bed the week of his 1st birthday, I wanted him in it before Lawson was born but didn;t expect it to be so early. Both the boys had colds and I only have one vapouriser so put in in the spare bed in Harry's room and he has never left lol. He actually slept better in a bed.

yyawn.gif Wish these kids would stop tag teaming me all night yyawn.gif

#15 PinkSocks

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:03 PM

Hi girls, I know its really really late but can I join in?! I was in the May09 DIG but left shortly after having DD. My name back then was Leash2562 but ive got a new account now, needed to start fresh original.gif
Im loving this age at the moment DD is so much fun, she is such a character and can 'do' alot more (can you tell I hated the newborn stage?!)

Havent read any posts on here yet, can see Joka and Lexi are on here waves.gif

Edited by PinkSocks, 05 October 2010 - 11:04 PM.

#16 joka

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:59 PM

Hey Leash, Welcome back. How are you going, hope the MS is easing off a bit.

Proud Mummy moment, Patterson has used the potty twice now (think he is only doing it because he is SOOOOO in love with his brother lol). So hoping to be able to train him in summer, WAY over nappies big downfall to 3 under 3 (although Harry is day trained).

How is Little L doing Lexi?

Hope everyone is well.

#17 robyn07

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:42 AM

Hi all,

Welcome back Leash!  I was in the due in May group but got really slack towards the end and stopped posting.  Anyway I have only recently come back to this dig.

Joka...how old was Patterson when you knew he was ready for the potty??  Very exciting that he has started to do that for you.

DD early mornings seem to be stretching back out to a reasonble hr since DLS kicked in.  I am putting her to be a little bit later as well with the change in time I haven't really bothered with trying to get her back to 7.30pm because she is waking up between 6.30 and 7.30am which I can handle alot better...5am was killing me!  Anyway still contemplating getting her into a bed...not sure if I can handle her getting out all the time in the middle of the night though!!  She does wake a few times overnight and I can hear her rocking herself back to sleep so not sure if she will be able to do that in a bed....anyone had any experiences??  Also she is definitley a morning napper so I was wondering if anyones toddlers sleep in the morning and not the arvo??  Today I think she had been awake on and off since about 6am so by 10am she was ready for a nap...I just can't stretch her out until after lunch!

Hope everyone else is having a good week.
Cheers
Robyn

#18 joka

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:56 PM

Robyn ~ I started Harry when he asked me if he could wear jox one day ( we had loads of failed attempts in summer) it was probably March/ April ish so he was just over 2 years. He is pretty much right now.
Not really sure if Patty is ready or if it is just that he is copying his brother, but he did bring me the potty again this morning and I put him on and a tiny wee, so maybe  shrug.gif I would say if you are curious give it a go, see what happens  tthumbs.gif

Where did the beautiful sunshine go???? My toes are freezing lol

#19 PinkSocks

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:36 PM

Joka - GO PATTERSON! Thats great news, also maybe he wants to be a big boy because theres a new baby in the house? Amelia is showing no signs atm of wanting to start, I put her on her potty the other day and she screamed no no no and ran away! Definately not ready yet lol. I was hoping to get her partially TT before this bubs comes but now im not to stressed I dont want to rush her if shes not ready for it. MS has definately eased, still there some days but no where hnear as bad as it was with Amelia!

Robyn - I also dont know when to get Amelia a bed, I would like her to have one soon so that there isnt too many changes once the new bubs gets here but as you said I dont want her getting out of it in the middle of the night. Shes going threw such a weird phase atm, she used to have such a good routine of dinner,bath,book and then walk to bed and I would put her in her cot and walk out and she would go to sleep on her own (always by 7pm) and sleep threw till 8am but over the past week ive had to either feed her to sleep, rock her to sleep or stroke her hair, the second I leave her room if shes not fast asleep she loses the plot and screams the place down! Then during the night she wakes a few time, never needs anything just stirs really loudly and sometimes ill need to go in and re-settle her. Im hoping its a phase and passes quickly cause its tiring me out, I need all the sleep I can get before this bubs comes!

#20 pinkpineapple

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:57 PM

My DD is obsessed with sitting on the potty at the mo but I think that is because her cousin just TT and her other cousin is trying too. I just have a potty in the bathroom and put her on it before the bath. We got a little one yesterday but I think it was a fluke lol. Keeping her in nappies cos  have spent too much on cloth and got to get my $$ worth hehe.

Not even thinking of putting her in a bed yet. Dont want my baby to grow up yet. No chance of me having another anytime soon so I will keep her as my baby original.gif

#21 robyn07

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

Hi everyone,

Duesoon...I have the potty out as well...every time she sits on it I just keep repeating wee's and poo's etc etc.... I think she thinks it's just a fun thing atm to plonk herself on it!  

Gosh I am having soooo much trouble feeding her as well atm.....she just about turns her nose up at everything!  Won't even eat her weetbix in the morning now.  It ended up in a tantrum tonight as she didn't want to eat so then I would take her out of the chair and all she wanted was for me to keep picking her up but I refused because she didn't want to eat her dinner.....so then she was screaming and I was getting more and more frustrated.  The food refusal has been getting progressively worse over the last few weeks...she used to be a really good eater but only eats about half of what she used to...and only has a couple of mothfuls of dinner and thats it....wont even eat banana now either!  I don't know whats up with her lately...anyone else having problems?? Any ideas??  I hope it passes soon...it's driving me crazy!!

Hope you are all having a better week than me!

#22 pinkpineapple

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:14 PM

My DD used to eat everything! Still eats well but refuses some things, mainly vegies grrr

I think their eating is supposed to slow down during this time as they are not growing as fast as before. I think its a keep offering and hope they have some. Good luck!

I am happy that my DD has started drinking cows milk out of a sippy cup!! Still a booby girl but drinking more milk original.gif

#23 bokchok

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:27 PM

hi ladies....i'm new...my daughter was born on 4 May 2009...feisty and practicing for terrible two's, teething badly (i hate molars LOL)...

edited to ask: some say their eating slows down - my girl eats as if she has been starved...even childcare jokes about she eats heaps LOL...and she is small only like 10kg - is this normal

Edited by Chandi, 21 October 2010 - 03:28 PM.

#24 robyn07

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the group Chandi  biggrin.gif

Teething is horrid....Tahlia already has all her molars but I am sure she will get 2yr old molars early as all the other ones have been early and I think she is already starting to feel the effects....a long few months ahead for me I think.  ohmy.gif

Chandi.......My daughters eating has definitley slowed down...she weighs about 12.5kg and now prob eats half the dinner she used to....breakky has improved thank god and she will polish that off no prbs but she eats less at lunch and dinner.  She has just been through a shocking head cold which I now have and she had no appetite at all so that could be a factor.

Still tossing up wether to go to a bed or not!  My houdini child is starting to get out of her sleeping bags and I have had no luck keeping her under a blanket in the cot.  Anyone else had any experiences with blankets and pillows in the cot.  She does wake up numerous times during the night and she does go back to sleep but I am scared if I put her in a bed she will be able to get out and not go back to sleep.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

#25 JBM2B

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

Food: My boy seems to be eating less now, we've had to throw meals out as he only seems to want to eat 2-5 spoon fulls then wants to go and play.
Milk: Breast milk in the morning and trying to get him to drink cows milk at dinner time, but he does not seem to like it, in fact getting any extra fluids into him following his viral gastro bug seems impossible. Put this down to the 6 poos in less than 4 hours that happened near the end.

Sleep: Day now up to 2.5 hours, nights averaging 12 hours. Thankfully good sleeping at both times.

Teeth: Has 10 teeth. No troubles, wears a baltic sea amber necklace day and night.

Cot/bed: sleeps in his cot, not sure he would sleep well in a bed.

Potty: Knows what a "dirty" nappy is, but freaks if he is sat on the loo or the potty. Fascinated with his penis, checks it out at every change/bath.

Words: can say a few words now, such as poo, dirty, cup, car, cheese, that, Row row row, Mama, Daddy, Wazzy (cat), ta, yeah,

Actions: mimics teeth brushing, takes his nappies (cloth) to the bucket, trys to brush his own hair, gets his own shoes, trying to undress and dress himself, tries to dig holes in the garden with a spade, gives kisses and cuddles and can push himself around on his ride on car/bike. Looks for our car when in the car park, or sitting where you can see cars.

Stats: 10kgs, 80cm tall (at 16.5 months)

Overall: All is going well with him. I am feeling quite isolated on the social grounds, cyber networks are pretty good, lots of lovely ladies i've met online and some in person, but physically our group has broken up as people have gone back to work, left town and left their partners (about 8 out of 10 in our circle have broken up and we are one of the 2 who are still together, seems strange to talk about partners/hubbies when your mates are now single with young children).

So I am feeling quite lonely during the week and have been trying to mix in and make new friends but i just do not seem to be able to slot into anyone clique.
Returning to uni in the new year, DS will be in a centre near by so that will be interesting to see how I go seeing i was last on campus almost 2 years ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clever panda fakes pregnancy

News that a giant panda was pregnant prompted much excitement, but it appears there were never any cubs on the way.

'I survived placenta percreta'

When writing her birth plan, Simone Pavil included an item most women wouldn?t even think about: what should happen if she was put on life support. The mum had the potentially fatal condition placenta accreta.

Managing personal space as a mum

In the midst of the early parenting years, our bodies and minds can seemingly be overtaken by our offspring. How can we balance our need for personal space with the needs of our children?

'If love could have saved you, you'd have never left'

The words "spontaneous abortion" on the hospital paperwork really got to me. My baby died; I didn't spontaneously decide to abort him.

15 classic Aussie ads

Watch some of the classic Australian ads of the 80s, 90s and 00s, and remember the catchphrases and jingles we all used to know so well ...

For and against

Should Blue Ivy have been at the VMAs?

Many were quick to condemn Beyonce and Jay Z after appearing on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards with their two-year-old daughter, but others thought it was a sweet family moment. What do you think?

Toddler attacked at gym creche

Two-year-old girl Eva Ness was left with a black eye and bite marks on her face and body after an altercation with an older child at a health club's child-minding facilities. Now her parents are calling for the centre to be closed.

Pregnancy a tricky matter of timing for FIFO couples

Manipulating rosters, coordinating 'conjugal' visits, working on site with your partner; getting pregnant can prove stressful for FIFO workers.

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Carseats have twice as many germs as a toilet

Most parents know their child's carseat is not always squeaky clean, but they might not realise just how dirty it really is.

Doctors remove foetus from 'medical marvel' after 36 years

Doctors in India have removed the skeleton of a foetus that had been inside a woman for 36 years.

Nine months in six seconds: new parents' Vine clip a hit

We?ve seen some memorable time-lapse pregnancy and birth announcement videos before. Now one new couple has taken it to the extreme, capturing it all in just a six-second Vine video.

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Going viral

Weirdest pregnancy products

From pee stick keepers to stylish sick bags, there are some very strange inventions out there for pregnant women.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.