January 08 Parents # 211

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:56 PM

New thread time ladies.

Please remember the forum rules apply in here and this is a support thread and any issues need to be taken out of here.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=799799

regards

#2 Lia

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:57 PM

GOLD!!!!!!!

huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif      

OK.......

I seem to have missed something here sad.gif

Sonia - I still have Archie in swimming classes ATM, tho we have missed a few due to illness. We missed last week as I had Ben home sick. His teacher wants to get him assessed as theoretically he is meant to stay in this class for another year, but he is going great guns, and she thinks he will get bored. He can jump in turn around and get back to the wall by him self, with out his back bubble. With the bubble he is a machine and is stretching himself out and digging and kicking, he almost gets a kind of freestyle type motion going. Where all the other kids are grabbing hold of their parents, Archie is off motoring around. The teacher has told me to take him into the big pool (lap pool) after class and he loves it. We go to the YMCA and they have a toddler pool, then a kids pool, another area with slides (which he goes down by himself) and then a 25m pool.

Kat - oomg.gif the countdown is on!

Marika - yeah on the new bed! You must feel like a new woman! We got ours as a wedding present...... hmmmm that was 12 yrs ago, m thinks we might not be far away from a new mattress too.

Mel - I was trying to figure out who Captain Commando was!

Lori - wow a boy! Dont forget what happened to Jodie tho, don't buy blue just yet!

Amanda - you sound like one busy mummy. You must be rapt to have your hubby home!

#3 joka

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

I need to find time to read books  sad.gif  I always hear ppl talking about these interesting books but never get time to read, last book I tried ended up being eaten (well partly chewed) by one of the boys huh.gif

I hear every one on the sleeping issues, Harry is doing my head in big time, put *touch wood* we are sorting it out with a bit (read one hell of a lot) of screaming and carry on the last 2 nights have only been half hours way better than the 2 hours it was taking for him to go to sleep.

Donna ~ Harry wakes up because of the people in his room huh.gif  hes not scared but it can be hard to get him back to sleep.

Pregnancy is going great , argh who am I kidding I am over it! Baby is sitting way up high like the boys so I guess they were all right I have this small pelvis that babies can't get into lol
Mum tells me that I just lack the exit sign.
So as you can imagine heart burn is shocking, and I have squashed lungs and bending over is just a joke lol, but I am trying to savour the last few weeks, as we are not planning on any more I think that 3 in a smidge over 2.5 yhears will see me out lol.

I should be off need to get sleep hmm if I can

#4 Abbygirl

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

Oh you poor thing Kat sad.gif Not long though, nd then you'll be able to breathe freely while you snuggle with your gorgeous new son wub.gif
You have reminded me about the uncomfortable last stages though  ffear.gif

Oh the new bed is BLISS Lia, well it is now that I have a new pillow too!
I actually make it every day now because it's such a novelty laughing2.gif I'm a pretty neat person, but I've never been a bed maker....

Definitely get it Jodie!
Yeah I've read Edwards story, I printed it out last year, then I threw it out and now I'm kicking myself because my Sister wants to read it - we were actually talking about it tonight!
I hope she finishes it one day. I'd also like her to write more side character books...

OK I've spent FAR too much time on the computer tonight, I'm supposed to be watching re runs of 'Two Guys a Girl and a Pizza Place' with DH oops, he'sbeen waiting for hours.....

ETA

BRONZE!!!

Yeah!

Edited by Abbygirl, 05 August 2010 - 10:39 PM.

#5 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

Mum tells me that I just lack the exit sign.

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Me too Kat! And I'm not surprised that you are so over being pregnant 3 in 2.5 years is hardwork but so worth when you get to see that newborn. Alex said "bubba sleeping mum awww" about your sig.

Lia - Go Archie! That's great. Can I say I think it is a second child thing. You can almost look at a baby in a parent's class and tell whether they are the first born or have a sibling - The parents seem more relaxed and the child benefits.

Lori - Have you come up with a name? Do you have a date for when baby will be born yet (I'm assuming another c-sect) Maybe you will have a baby for christmas

DH has only worked for 1 day this week so far. Lucky he is working tomorrow and then for 3 weeks - he gets so bored at home and drives me crazy!

#6 chaosprincess

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:15 AM

LOL Captain commando is a joke from when I went to Sydney.

donna - yeah that has to be the biggest bruise I've ever had, but I bruise so easily these days, low iron or something.

apparently they had unseasonably warm days while I was there, I wore tshirts and singlets and all the Sydney fold were still rugged up in jackets and I even saw gloves and scarves.... ummm I'm the one from Sunny QLD!! It didn't make sense LMAO When I got to central station I was literally sweating and thinking what the heck I was expecting to be freezing.

Ahhh something is going on with EB I can't edit posts properly and the cursor has disappeared, so excuse the spelling mistakes. anyone else having this issue?

Looked in to ballet classes for the girls today, they have been bugging me the last week so I promised them I'd enquire. I tried them on ballet last year and they weren't very in to it, butthey assure me now that they will do it and they love it.... I'm assuming some school friends do ballet.

#7 Abbygirl

Posted 06 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

We had Gracie's 2.5 yr old check today with our local CYH and she's doing really, really well! On par and a bit above in all areas except TT (she's just not ready yet)  
and she's in the 80th % ile for weight and between 90th and 95th % ile for height  biggrin.gif SO still tall !

Wahoo, makes me feel good to know she's doing well!

OK off to get dinner and sit on the couch sick.gif

#8 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

Marika - Are you still breastfeeding? I didn't know that you did a 2.5 year old check? Might just go to drop in centre and see how Alex is doing.

Mel - I loved Ballet when I was little in England but we never got into it when we moved here. It's good that they are wanting to do it themselves and asking to do it.

Trying to do my Tax using e-tax - why can't it be simple. Going to have to wait till monday when I can ring and check some deductions.

I'm sick - I hate being sick. I think I almost have the man flu!!!

Edited by Ilovemyalex, 07 August 2010 - 04:12 PM.

#9 Lia

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

Marika - I checked and our next check is at 3.5!

DH rang me this morning to ask if I realised if today is pupil free day at all state schools in Vic! ddoh.gif I had it on the calendar but had forgotten. Arch is in DC today and fortunately I went to bed at 8:30pm last night (night shift this weekend) as I think I might have died today.

Looking at taking Ben to see Shrek....... it's only $9 as it's a matinee tthumbs.gif

#10 *~*ME*~*

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:24 PM

Hi ladies

It must so be the age for bad sleeping, we are having so much trouble with Ezekiel and sleep at the moment. he refuses to sleep in his bed. He is fine if he goes to bed on the mattress on the floor in our room, but if he goes in his bed he just keeps getting out of bed and saying i dont want to.
Luckily elias is an awesome sleeper (well for now)

Kat hopefully the next couple of weeks go quickly for you so you will be comofortable again!

Marika, wow Grace is tall.didnt realise they had a 2.5 health check.so thanks for letting me know! i camn book the boys in at the same time. Elias for his 6 month check.

sonia, hope you are feeling better soon.

Lia, i write things on the calendar and then dont read it! lol

hope everyone else is well.

we had miahs party on saturday it was at an animal barn. was fantastic. I have photos on fb. Her birthday is wednesday... cant believe she is almost 7!

#11 Abbygirl

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:11 PM

That's crazy Lia, 2 1/2 is a better age to pick up on any problems... wonder why they wait another year in your state? What state are you in again?
Did you end up going to the cinema with Ben?

Nah I stopped breastfeeding about 4 months ago Sonia, so my body has had nearly 2 months break - WAHOO lucky me Tounge1.gif  
Definitely do the check if it's available where you are... It's been good knowing that she's doing well, I was wondering how she was travelling and I couldn't remember what they should be up to by this age...

Wow Miah is nearly 7 ?! From looking at the pics I think I would have enjoyed her party too Bec original.gif love all the farm animals!
Where did all those children come from? Are they all family or are there some school friends in there as well?
...and where does Elias get his red hair from? It's gorgeous wub.gif
Yeah Grace is tall, she towers over most of the kiddies at playgroup wub.gif

Urgh need to eat again... apparently a big serve of roast chicken and a small serve of ice-cream isn't enough tonight... I only ate it less than 2 hours ago... and now I'm queezy hungry again  blink.gif

#12 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:24 AM

Marika - I don't miss that feeling from pregnancy at all - Any particular food you are craving or just what comes along?

Bec - How does it feel to have almost 7 year old. Omg it's only around the corner why do these kids grow up too quick.

Lia - Why is it a pupil free day? Did everyone have a public holiday today (WA didn't)? What was shrek like? Do you think it would be ok for Alex, dad said it was scary.

I think I have an ear infection plus both hubby and Alex are sick too - not much fun in this household. I've taken some ibprofen in hopes that it will settle down and is just a side effect of the cold. I have to work on wednesday and had the week before off with gastro so not looking good for me. Going to get some cold and flu tablets and hope I can at least stop the nose running.

I've been waiting up for the air asia sale to start but still another 2 hours to go and I'm exhausted will just have to get up early and log on. Bed for me

#13 *~*ME*~*

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:21 AM

Sonia i was wondering what the heck you were doing online at that hour of the morning!
Its crazy, im starting to feel old... it was like how the heck did that happen.. blink and you'll miss it they grow way too fast.

Marika, it was awesome fun, they fed all sorts of animals, had pony rides, and had soooo much fun. she had 3 cousins there, the rest were from school.
Elias gets his red hair from both sides actually. my mum has red hair, and craig has it in his beard when it grows. Its sooooo cute. totally love red hair... i am hoping it stays like that. In some lights it looks brownish but in the sun it looks soooo red.
I booked my boys in for the health checks, friday, so ill let you know how they go,

Got a busy day today, got to wrap presents, and make cup cakes, and tidy up... its never ending.

hope everyone has a lovely day

#14 Lia

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

That's crazy Lia, 2 1/2 is a better age to pick up on any problems... wonder why they wait another year in your state? What state are you in again?
Did you end up going to the cinema with Ben?

Lia - Why is it a pupil free day? Did everyone have a public holiday today (WA didn't)? What was shrek like? Do you think it would be ok for Alex, dad said it was scary.

We are in Victoria. We saw Shrek. Hoyts have a deal at the moment that if you go before 5pm for certain films then its only $9...... it was OK, not really scary IMO....... but definitely not the best of the series!

No Public Holiday here. I think QLD had show day.

A pupil free day is an education day fro the teachers. All the students stay home and the teachers go in for "Continuing professional Development". There are 4 per year, I think 2 or 3 of which occur during the school holidays. Yesterday they were all learning about some new internet program - the whole state was off to do the exactly the same thing. Thing is, with the entire sate logging in at the same time, apparently the system crashed in a heap and ll the teachers went home at lunchtime! I don't understand why they cant do all of them during the holidays!:rant:

Sonia - did you get your flights?

Archie is in a Chuggington phase ATM, doing my head in. I just got my printer fixed and I lave been doing Chuggington iron on transfers for some shirts. He loves them. I did one with Chuggington trains and his name, the thinks he's the bee's knee's. laughing2.gif

Marike - you should give doing Iron ons a go, I'm sure you could do some fab things!

Edited by Lia, 10 August 2010 - 09:42 AM.

#15 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

Bec - I think it looks reddish at the moment. I wasn't that late to bed it was only 12.20am my time (I suppose that is late) Alex got up at 5am but I sent him into DH, I've been in the spare room since friday as I don't like keeping DH up blowing my nose and he wakes me to tell me I'm snoring (duh I have a cold!)

Lia - I did get cheap flights going for 5 nights to bali in may for Dh birthday. worked out about $190 return with 30kg each - cheaper than I can get to eastern states and quicker flight too. Those iron on transfers sound great. Where do you get plain t-shirts to put them onto? I need to sew a new nappy wallet this week but I might make t-shirts next week. We have everything Thomas except the TV show - he is crazy about scooby doo atm (If I have to watch another scooby movie I'm going to scream) Pupil free days mid term seem crazy why not just do them
before the school term gets going.

I definetely have an ear infection so have started antibotics. I actually feel ok as long as the nurofen is kicked in. Hopefully I will be ok to go to work tomorrow. I have rang and told them to get a back up just in case but I think so long as I keep my head above water I should be ok.

#16 Lia

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:26 PM

Sonia - I just got the plain t-shirt from Best n less blush.gif. Great score on the flights tthumbs.gif

#17 poss71

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:21 AM

Hello!

Just popped in to say ... Chugga chugga chugga ... to Lia Tounge1.gif

Have been  ph34r.gif but not much to add here. Dull, dull, dull and yet busy, busy, busy. biggrin.gif

Lori, congratulations to you and Mich. Wonderful news!

Take care all.

#18 chaosprincess

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:28 AM

Yep was a piblic holiday here yesterday for the Brisbane show. I was a tightarse though and just took the kids to the local shopping centre. They had a few rides and a jumping castle set up. also a petting zoo, fairyfloss and a few little showbags, so they enjoyed that. I took the girls to the Ekka last year so felt my purse could have a break this year. Plus it was rainy and miserable and not really show weather.

Today is SO windy, real chill to it.

sonia, wow cheap flights! Isn't it amazing how it's often cheaper to fly out of Australia than to other states!

Hope all those who aren't feeling well get better soon.

Well the ballet lady didn't ring me back, so I'll ring again today. The girls seem so eager and I think they'd love it. They dance around to the radio all the time, it's hilarious. J has some funky moves.... maybe they'd enjoy jazz ballet more...

William is obsessed with trains, cars and planes at the moment. He's always carrying one around and going "Brrrrrrrrooooom" LOL He loves that show Brum, thinks it's hilarious.

#19 Lia

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

Woo hoo Donna - good luck!

Jo - we need to catch up...... we need good weather so we can head to the park!

#20 j-o-d-i-e

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

Good luck with the job interview Donna original.gif

#21 3'sacrowd

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:18 AM

Goodluck Donna original.gif

#22 chaosprincess

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:29 PM

Ahhhhhhhhh my washing machine keeps shorting out the electricity. Such a PITA. I have some dude ringing me from LG on Monday... was planning on doing a whole heap of washing this weekend. Lucky I have a few school dresses clean for the girls for school... may have to make a trip to the laundromat next week.

Mmmm cheese on toast is so good, best snack ever.

Pretty boring weekend really, haven't been up to much. Went to buy a screwdriver to take the back off my washing machine and pretend to look around like I know I could find the problem LMAO But I did pick up a whole heap of cheap wine glasses from the shops as well biggrin.gif now i have a nice set of champagne, red and white wine glasses wooooooo

#23 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:20 AM

How'd the interview go Donna?

Mel - Don't touch the washing machine! We would be screwed around here as we don't have laudramat at the moment. I should open a washing service and make a killing.

Went to baby expo today. We saw dorothy the dinosaur - so gald it was a free ticket Alex was not amused. He loved the animal farm though and I managed to score some cheap bathers for him and a few other peices. It felt so good to get out of the house after being home sick. Most of the free samples went home with my friend.

Jodie - Loved the trains pics. Did you enjoy yourself?

#24 chaosprincess

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

LOL SOnia, no I didn't touch anything, someone just suggested I take a look incase anything was obviously caught in the back or something. I took a look, figured I don't know what i'm looking at and left it alone. Have some dude coming tomorrow to check it out, $80 to come out and then $26 every freakin 15 minutes he's here mellow.gif But at least then I can rule out if it's my machine or the crappy wiring in this house. I can't even turn my machine on at thisstage without it shorting the electricity, I hope it's something easy to fix, the machine is only a couple of years old for goodness sakes.

Having a lunch date with a group of friends on Wednesday and hopefully getting my car fixed this week. Other than that not much planned... oh yeah working Saturday as a polling official for the election biggrin.gif Woo hooo some extra $$$ I guess that will compensate for the washing machine dude tomorrow.

An old uni friend wants me to go visit her in Cairns in September, she's insisting on paying airfares which is really nice of her. But just depends if I can coordinate access to fall on the right weekend I guess. Would be great to see her, last time she came down to Brissy things were a bit tense between M and I and we argued in front of her so I feel a bit bad about that and would love to actually spend some quality time with her.

#25 GIO

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:43 AM

Lia - There is gonna be a new thing where you can log on and see what your child did at school today and what their homework is.  Not such a problem at this age, but will be good when they are teenagers saying "Nope, no homework tonight, can I go out with my friends?"  I didn't hear that it crashed - that's funny.

I forgot who asked but we have the 3 1/2 year old check to see if they are ready for kindergarten (which is called preschool I think in other states) as we only get govt funding for one year of kindergarten so they don't want to waste it if the child isn't ready.

Good Luck Donna.

All good here - Bram is such a good little helper in the kitchen.  He loves helping with the cooking - so I let him stir the onions every time we have a curry, then he helps me add all the other ingredients.  

Ciao
A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.