23 replies to this topic

#1 catalyst

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=778952

#2 bells66

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:03 PM

GOLD

Just popping in to browse....will have to go back and read the end of the last thread to catch-up!

original.gif

#3 Jak80

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:19 PM

SILVER

Hmmm.... this thread has been open since 29/07 and it has only one post!!! Everyone must be celebrating there little ones birthdays...

We are doing very well here. DS3 is such a good boy sleeping 11+ hours everynight and around 2-3 hours once a day. He is taking a few steps unaided but thats it. He is also starting to be a bit fussy eater but nothing compared to my other two boys.

Clucky?? I could easily have another one but I already have 3 under 5, and right now they are being a bit of a handful, maybe down the track.

Have a great week

#4 cuddlymumof4

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:06 PM

We had Kaleb's birthday afternoon tea yesterday with a few friends so we have been a bit busy preparing for that. He had a great time. Will add a pic of him from his big day soon.

He has become very talkative lately too which is so cute.

Kaleb on his new trike

Kaleb with his cake. But he was too distracted with the deco's hanging on the roof. lol

Anna

Edited by cuddlymumof4, 02 August 2010 - 04:09 PM.

#5 J-A

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

Hey Everyone..

Anna - Kaleb is to cute  wub.gif all grown up... Love the trike.

JAK80 - Yes everyone must be super busy very quiet in here. We are counting the days until Mason turns one & buying up big oops, I just can't help myself. Wow well done on the sleep.. Unfortunately we have a very bad sleeper. Tefuses to self settle or sleep in his cot & constantly wakes over night even though I've started having him sleep woth me. Please tell me your secret  original.gif .

Bells66 - How are you?? Convinced DH to go back for just one more  wink.gif . We'll be down your way this Sunday as my older DS is in a road cycling race so will have to check out the place.

I have decided that we are going to TTC from now, well not chart or go back on clomid just yet but not try to prevent it IYKWIM & just see what happens. I was a little worried as I no longer have private health insurance due to me deciding to stay at home instead of returning to work but as all the OB's work both publicly & private as well as most of the midwives my care should be the same & the hospital is being renovated so hopefully by the time I do have another bub it will be finished & nice & shiny & new. The only real drama is the staY & I really won't want to stay that long with DS at home.. Gee a bit of a ramble but I have been dwelling on this for ages.

DS is still as cheeky as ever as is starting to take some real steps on his own so I'm pretty sure he will be running around before to long.

Chat Soon

J-A

#6 tepster

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:40 AM

Hi ladies,

It's been a very long time since I popped in to say hello. But I hope you are all well...

I have entered my little girl into the Huggies Jeans for Genes Day competition and I would REALLY appreciate some more votes. I will post the link, pleeeeeeease click on it and "like" my DD.

http://www.huggies.com.au/promotions/126/gallery/406287

And then feel free to forward the link to anyone who might like to vote.

Thanks sooooooo much!

Tep. x

Edited by tepster, 14 August 2010 - 11:42 AM.

#7 The Magic Box

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

Hi girls original.gif

Well, we survived the big birthday party!  Phew ... what a day.  What a week, actually.  We had family down the Friday-Sunday before, then I got gastro, and then we had more family & friends arrive Wednesday night, Thursday night & Saturday morning.  Everyone gone by Sunday night, and the three of us exhausted!

The party was great, I was really pleased with how it all went.  I can't believe how many people we fit in our house!  The birthday girl looked gorgeous (biased, I know!) and seemed to enjoy herself.  I'm very glad it's over though, and that it only happens once a year!  My husband wanted to split it up into a few smaller parties ... I scotched that idea quick smart!  After Saturday was over, I asked him if he would have wanted to do this three times over LOL ...  ohmy.gif ... no thanks, says he.

Here's a pic of my party girl:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g34/jody.../_MG_9512V1.jpg

We have also decided to TTC from now, pretty much.  If it happens, it happens, if not, we have our girl.   Well, I say that now ... but I do think it will be far easier to deal with the disappointment than it was the first time around.

I've started interviewing FDC providers, as I go back to work in a couple of weeks. sad.gif  Still not entirely sure how I feel about it, but it has to be done.  C'est la vie!

Better go, DH is away interstate all week, so I'm going to go hog the bed while I can.

Looking forward to seeing more birthday photos!

#8 Nut

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:54 AM

Hi all.

Thought it was time to post again original.gif

Happy birthday to all the little ones that have had their birthdays so far. El turned 1 on Sunday and we just had a small family thing (small being 22 including all the nephews and nieces and us) which was nice. And I did her cake smash yesterday which was good fun.

How is everyone?

#9 acemummy

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

hi all,

great first birthday pics!  
Miss A's b.day is Sunday, so I will post pics soon.  

As for ttc, now that Miss A is sleeping better, I would love to start ttc, we started for number two when Miss M was 1yo, but I have not even mentioned it to DH yet!  

Congrats on those who are ttc lets hope we get a few BFP.gif in here soon ddance.gif how cool if you guys where in a DIG together again!

#10 cuddlymumof4

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

Jody: What a cute little birthday outfit. Charlotte is a cutie. Good luck with TTC.

Hope everyone else is enjoying there little ones 1st birthday celebrations.

Anna

#11 Pink Blossom

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

Hi, it has been quiet in here hasn't it!  Not much to report on my end, DS is still the worst sleeper in the world!  We will be TTC next month and just see what happens.  We didn't do much for DS's birthday this year as DS wasn't very well, although I did do a cake smash.  He now has 10 teeth 2 more molars are breaking through now making it 12 teeth.  No walking yet although cruising around furniture and letting go but sitting down after 10 seconds!  He weighs 10.3kg and 78cm long.

Loving all the recent photo's!  We all have gorgeous babies!

#12 The Magic Box

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:59 AM

Hi girls original.gif

So quiet in here!  I'd love to hear an update on how everyone & their babies are.  Can we still call them babies?   ohmy.gif

Charlotte has finally let go & started walking.  She's been cruising for 5 months now, and able to walk supported since before she was crawling, but has lacked the confidence to let go.  Now she's well & truly walking, and loving it.  She looks so proud of herself, it's adorable. wub.gif  I've started back at work, two days a week.  We found an incredible FDC provider, and Charlotte already loves her.  She has a ball there, sleeps HEAPS (between 3-4 hours ... which she NEVER does at home), eats heaps, and loves the other kids (and they all adore her).  It's made me feel so much better about returning to work, knowing that she's happy there.  I'm actually enjoying being back so far ~ as much as I love staying at home with her, I am pleased to be reclaiming a bit of myself, and utilising my brain again.  I've always tied my self esteem into doing things well, and my job is always something I've done well.  Parenting is so hard to objectively assess, so even if I am doing a good job, I'm never entirely sure.  Two days is (so far) a nice balance.  Charlotte is already noticeably more independent at home, and I wonder if it's a coincidence that after months of being able to walk, but not, that after a few days at FDC she's let go and started walking.  I don't think it is.

I'm having some concerns about Charlotte's weight & eating.  At her last weigh in, she was 8.2kg (and 73.5cm), and has dropped from the 50th percentile to below the 10th. sad.gif  Most days I struggle to get anything into her.  She just gives any food I present to her the wave of disdain, and refuses to eat it.  Some days are better than others (and she is improving slightly), but she's only put on 300g in 4 months.  The MCHN isn't overly concerned, and thinks that she has just settled into her natural body type (I'm petite as well), but it's hard not to worry.  I know she won't starve herself, but she's just like a feather!

DH has been travelling interstate a lot recently (most weeks in the past few months) and is about to head to Germany for almost all of October. sad.gif  I am not looking forward to it.  Charlotte is so attached to him now, and it will be so hard for them to be apart for so long.  I'm a little concerned that when he gets back, she will be like "Who the hell are you?!".  My Mum is coming down for a week, and I'm heading over to visit a friend in Adelaide for a few days, so that should break it up a little bit.  I actually think being back at work will be a good thing as well, as it will break it up, rather than facing a whole month of being at home all day, every day.  It will definitely be hard for me as well, knowing that I won't get even a little break each day.

Pink Blossom ~ love the cake smash photos! He's gorgeous!

acemummy ~ looking forward to seeing some birthday pics!

I hope everyone is well. biggrin.gif

Better fly, DH & Charlotte are out at the Dr & I should really make the most of it & get some more housework done.

#13 Maple Leaf

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

DH has been travelling interstate a lot recently (most weeks in the past few months) and is about to head to Germany for almost all of October.

I feel your pain with this one. DH has accepted a contract in sydney that may go for 6 months and will be flying home weekends. We are in QLD. Argh. Dreading it a bit actually...

Can't believe we are past the 1 year mark. original.gif

#14 Pink Blossom

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:25 PM

Just a quick reply as I'm off to bed, but wanted to say magic box have you tried when she turns her haid to put a bit on her lips?  I have to do that with DS, he pushes it away and turns his head at anything I try to give him, until I shove a little on his lips then he tastes it and thinks mmmm yeah thats ok I'll have some of that and then opens his mouth for it!!  I also have more success when I make pasta or something he can hold as he likes to feed himself and gets more into him that way.  He started off above the charts (was a little porker!) and now he's below 50th% but if I didn't do what I do he would go all day and all night without food.  I'm still BFing, now thats a whole other story!  Can't get him off that!!

#15 cuddlymumof4

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:22 PM

MagicBox: Sounds like going back to work has worked in great for you all. Hope the month without Dh just flys by though, it is such a long time.

Just a little update from us:
Kaleb had his first haircut yesterday, it was sad but he really needed it. He did really well & now looks like a real little boy original.gif.

He is also cutting 4 molars at the moment, though since buying the amber teething necklaces things have been not so tough when teething.

Kaleb has also decided he doesn't like the highchair no more either so he now sits at the table with everyone else on just a booster seat & is loving it.

My little bubba is really growing up sad.gif.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Anna

#16 bells66

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:53 AM

Hi All,

Been such a long time since I posted in here so I will have to go back and read this thread from the beginning....!

Hope everyone is well and getting excited/ready for Christmas!

We have been so busy since DS's 1st birthday....trip to Cairns, trips away for weekends, DD having her tonsils out, gastro going through the family, me having an MRI (for screening purposes), DH buying his "hobby" car.......and it does not stop with the festive season not far away!

Hope to hear from you all soon,

Take care,
Bells  original.gif

#17 leesev

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

Hi everyone

I am looking for anyone on the southside of Brisbane (particularly around Moorooka) who has children born in or around August 2009.  My son usually plays with older kids (his sister is 3), so I would like to organise some play time with children his age.

#18 bells66

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

Hi Everyone  waves.gif ,

It has been such a long time since posts.....hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and New Year!

How is everyone's LO's going? Guess we can no longer call them babies!

We are getting ready for school at the end of the week. DD will be in GR 1 this year and can't wait (neither can I)! Bit annoyed that they start on a Fri here in VIC, then have the weekend off...! DS is running everywhere so we are having a few tumbles...he is so cute now - coming over to me and pointing to the part of his body that is sore! He does not have many words but is very good at communicating without. Not too worried at present.

Anyhow - hoping we can get this thread up and running for 2011.....would love to hear from you all.

Cheers
Bells  smile1.gif

#19 bryce's-mummy

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:19 PM

Just wanted to pop in and say "hi"- haven't been in for ages but it appears that everyone is busy!! No posts for such a long time. And so many of you that I have never 'met' before.

Annalise is doing really really well. She was born 16th August 2009. I finally have my little princess- a mummy's girl who loves cuddles with mummy, and only mummy! Wasn't walking until she was 16 mths and only ever bum-shuffled! But is starting to be a real chatterbox. Can't beleive she is already 20 mths old! Have no idea where the time has gone?

Bryce is very sick now and his time left is uncertain. We are barely coping. He will be 10 in just under 4 weeks. Don't know how I feel about that. Time has just washed over us and I am very sad sad.gif

Hamish is a terror! He is getting better and he is actually a very intelligent little boy. He started kindy this year and since then has been much better behaved.

Hope everyone is okay. Has anyone gone on yet to have any more?

Edited by bryce's-mummy, 18 April 2011 - 10:19 PM.

#20 cheekymonkeysmum

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

Hello

First time posting in this forum but hi to you all waves.gif  waves.gif .

I have a 21 month old son he was born on the 20th of august.

He is a very happy and active boy and is just starting to take his first steps by himself which is exciting as his doctors have been very concerned about that.

My ds was born with a hormone deficiency and need's a lot of med's a day to keep on top of everything he has had way to many hospital visits to my liking but i know hospital is the best place for him when he is sick.

But he is certainly a charmer and such a content little boy. hheart.gif  hheart.gif  hheart.gif  hheart.gif

Hope to chat soon.

#21 bells66

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

Hi all,

Welcome luckiestmum  waves.gif

Unfortunately this thread has been very quiet lately with quite a few of us in a FB group now.

My DS was born 2/9 but I was part of the DIG for late August - he was 10 days overdue!!!

Sounds like you are very busy with your little boy and good to hear that he has started walking.

bryce's-mummy - Thank-you for the update on Bryce.....sending you some  bbighug.gif  I can't even begin to imagine how you and your family must be feeling.

Hard to believe that our babies will soon be 2  oomg.gif  Where has the time gone?

Anyone had another bub....or one on the way? We are stopping at 2 as DH's back is quite bad and we will possibly be looking at surgery this year! We will also be moving again soon ....same town just into our own house! Older house that needs some TLC and I am looking forward to it.

DS is going really well  and has started to say more...bit of a late talker! He goes to DC one day a week now and still gets upset when I go but usually has a great day.

Hope to hear from some of you soon  original.gif

#22 leesev

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

Hi Everyone

I wanted to get in touch with other parents who have a little one born in 2009.  We are in Brisbane & my little boy Samuel will be 2 on 1 August.

Hope to hear from parents soon!

Lisa

#23 Maple Leaf

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (leesev @ 24/07/2011, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Everyone

I wanted to get in touch with other parents who have a little one born in 2009.  We are in Brisbane & my little boy Samuel will be 2 on 1 August.

Hope to hear from parents soon!

Lisa

Check with the QLD section Lisa, you might find some locals that way!

I can't believe we have 2 year olds.. Time flies. I haven't checked in here for so long! Would be nice to have this group revived. original.gif

#24 cuddlymumof4

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

Hello & welcome to the couple of newbies.

Big hello to everyone else. This group has gone so quiet, hope we can get back into posting now our littlies are a bit older.

I can't believe how much Kaleb has grown up already. He never stops talking now & is starting to talk in sentences already. We can actually sit down & have a proper chat with him, it is so cute.

Though he has been sick recently & ended up at the hospital & found out he had a real bad case of Tonsilitis. But lots of panadol/nurofen & antibiotics seems to have worked now.

Hope everyone elses little ones are doing well.

Anna

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Ambulance service under fire: baby seats to go, response times 'worse than ever'

The NSW Ambulance Service is removing child-safety seats from ambulances, while the Victorian service is facing criticism over lengthy response times following the death of a three-year-old.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Is e-reading to your toddler story time or just screen time?

When reading increasingly means swiping pages on a device, and we're advised to read to their children early and often, should parents be turning to e-readers for storytime?

Community mourns inspiring young dad

A young dad who fought a five-year battle with cancer has been remembered for his inspiring legacy at a funeral service attended by hundreds of family and friends this week.

Meningococcal kills Queensland toddler

Public health authorities say the death of a toddler in north Queensland from meningococcal disease highlights the danger the illness poses.

Nicole Kidman: 'I hope every month that I'm pregnant'

Nicole Kidman is hoping to add to her family, but says she's doubtful it will happen.

Recall: Aldi Wooden London Bus play set

Aldi has announced a recall of their popular Wooden London Bus play set.

Great gift ideas for first birthdays

From soft toys to balance bikes, here are some great ideas for first birthday gifts.

Mum learnt she was pregnant hours before giving birth

Kim Walsh arrived at the doctor with abdominal cramps. Hours later, she was cradling the baby experts told her she could never have.

How cancer has made me a better, happier person

I'm a far better person post-cancer than I ever was before. The goal now is to stay around long enough to find out who I can become, and what I can achieve.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Why I don't breastfeed

The truth was, when it came to feeding my baby son, I didn't want to see milk coming from anywhere but the shops.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.