- - - - -

Win one of six Cake Lingerie sets

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#1 F.E.B.E

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

We are giving away six gorgeous set by Cake Lingerie: three each of Meringue and Blueberry. The bras are $74.90 and briefs are $35.90 making the set $110.80.

Cake Lingerie have recently launched a campaign to find 'real' pregnant or breastfeeding women to feature in their ad campaigns so you can see how well the underwear fits average women - not models. View some of the shots from the campaign here as well as the new Blueberry and Meringue ranges:

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/photogalle...00315-q7pv.html

Then answer this question below to be in the running: 'What makes you a 'real' mum or mum-to-be'?

Competition closes Monday 9th August at 5pm. T & Cs pinned in competition forum.

#2 ~Mintie~

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

I'm a real mum because I have bags under my eyes, pimples on my face, stretchmarks on top of stretchmarks, a sore back, sore shoulders, a saggy belly, a messy house, washing on the line and more in the machine, countless useless baby amusement devices, hairy legs and no nice bras or undies wink.gif . But inspite of all this I'm happy biggrin.gif

#3 schrodinger's cat

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:16 AM

A real mummy doesn't care her tummy's gone saggy,
and her eyes are all baggy.
Her shirts are all covered in milk,
puked up of course, so she'll not wear silk.
A real mummy can make a costume by eight,
and for school not be late,
and getting homework  rolleyes.gif all done,
while breastfeeding her young one.
A real mummy knows the chores will still be there,
but oh bubby, you'll grow up too soon.  It's not fair.

#4 schrodinger's cat

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:20 AM

A real mummy knows the chores will still be there,
but oh bubby, you'll grow up too soon. It's not fair.

#5 ZombieFerretOfDoom

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

I'm a real Mum because
I haven't had a full night's sleep since my children were born
I can talk for ages about poo and find it hilarious
I sing along to the Wiggles in the car then realise I have no children with me
I get excited about a crane driving past and feel deflated when I realise my son's fallen asleep in the back seat
I keep putting on weight from eating the food my children have rejected
I never get to eat anything nice because I have a couple of human seagulls who will take the food out of my mouth
If my child vomits I'll pull them closer so the spew goes on me and not the carpet
I have been applauded by little hands for doing a poo in the toilet - and been offered help to wipe my bottom
Privacy and modesty are now completely foreign concepts
I've been consistently either pregnant or breastfeeding for the last 3.5 years
My default setting is either guilt or worry
When offered a day to go off and do whatever I want, my first thought is usually that I just want to spend time with my husband and children

#6 3greenhills

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

For me, in general, I believe I am a real mum becasue - I dont care how I look, or how people perceive me, I am me, I am a Mum and I am proud of what my husband and I have bought into this world. Life just wouldnt be the same without them in it! I love my children, they are my first and foremost, they are my world. They are who make me the Mum I am for them.

#7 kittykat2010

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:02 AM

I am a real "mum to be" because:

*  I love my baby more than anything in the world even though he/she has not yet entered the world;
*  I do the best I can for the baby's health and wellbeing;
*  When I think about the future, my plans first and foremost consider what is going to be best for the baby; and
*  I have traded feeling sexy for feeling comfortable, for the time being original.gif

original.gif

Edited by kittykat2010, 27 July 2010 - 10:02 AM.

#8 cynnred

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

I am a 'real' mum because I am a mum, and a mum to be again original.gif....I love my little guy more than anything, more than I ever thought possible and can't wait to see how much love there is for number two.  I know I'm in for countless nights of sleep deprivation, nappy changes,  and tears and tantrums (some of them mine!) and yet I'm gleefully looking forward to it all.

#9 kazthomas

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

I'm a real mum because generally im tired, im hungry, i need a shower, i need to change cause im covered in vomit, ive forgotten what i was going to do, im trying to do 150 things at once....and im loving every minute of it because its all about my bubba! One look at him and everything else just stops and is no longer important, its all about him.

#10 LisaAbe

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

A real mum gives her children food before herself because money is tight that week and all that is left will not feed you all because payday is the next day. She will go to sleep hungry but happy because her children are full.

#11 Maple Leaf

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:53 AM

I'm a real mum because I share my ice cream now. original.gif

#12 Red Cabbage

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

I "think" I'm a real mum, because more than half my life has been spent tending to children or babies.

#13 princessdann

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

Im a real mum to be cause I dont have perfect little breasts, I dont have a perfect little butt. I am a size 12, and I still cant find any sexy lingerie to make me feel good right now.
So here's to Cake Lingerie, pick me to be your next model. A little, but big boobed mummy to be!

#14 aprilrose

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

I'm a real mum because I focus more on whether my daughter's hair is brushed, than whether mine resembles a birds nest. Because I let her lick the chocolate cake batter off the spoon rather than enjoying it all to myself. Because I dont remember the last time I had a shower by myself, without her climbing in with me. Because I love it when she falls asleep in my arms, even though I am in an uncomfortable position and have pins & needles! Because they're the moments I love best original.gif

#15 Guest_**Leprechaun**_*

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

I'm a real mum because that's what my daughter calls me...and will always call me....forever.

#16 Nomes02

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:09 PM

I think I'm a real Mum because after the 9 months of feeling my little boy growing inside and giving up things to make my body a home for him, I cherish every moment of having him in my arms. From the number 2's that no nappy can contain to the vomit that adorns each top I own.  My only hairstyle is a boring pony tail, so little fingers can not pull it.  My wardrobe is now full of comfortable clothes not sexy or stylish and my handbag is now a backpack full of baby's gear with just my purse, phone and keys, no room for perfume, mints or mirrors! But...I wouldn't have it any other way, his little smile makes sure that all my worries disappear and is very contaigous.  I'm not hot, sexy, skinny or stylish, but I'm a Mummy and that to me makes everything ok.

Edited by Nomes02, 27 July 2010 - 02:09 PM.

#17 kaboo

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:14 PM

Well, I'm an unreal mum  wink.gif

#18 ambeecher

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

I am a real mum because i love my children to bits but still smile and let out a huge sigh of relief when they are finally in bed asleep!

#19 Havachat2

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:48 PM

Rarely has privacy
Everyone depends upon
Always wearing snot/crumbs/dribble
Loves her kids unconditionally

Mess is the new black
Understands that 'now' means 'NOW'
Muddles through each day knowing that chocolate awaits when the kids are in bed!

I could add a heap more, but being a mum is not just about looking after kids, its watching your family unit grow and learn everyday.

Edited by eggyj81, 27 July 2010 - 02:49 PM.

#20 Mamabug

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

I'm a real mama because every day I have my doubts about whether I am doing the absolute best I can for my children. But every day I try to do the best I can - loving them, looking after them.

#21 Guest_Baking #3_*

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

I am a real mum as I have 2.5 kids and love my life with them in it and wouldn't have it any other way. grin.gif (Even while #3 is kicking the living hell out of my cervix while I type that!)

#22 nstrachan

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:51 PM

I'm a real Mum because I believe in common sense, and I know my kids aren't perfect!

#23 Obesa cantavit

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:59 PM

I'm a real mum because after getting the school kids to school, entertaining the pre-schooler, getting the baby to sleep, making lunch, cleaning and chores not to mention the extra work on the days I work or study, I have no time to think up whitty responses that will allow me to win competitions!

Oh and I'm so sleep deprived that I read the topic title and thought that it was about some new fangled cake decorating idea laughing2.gif

Edited by Obesa cantavit, 28 July 2010 - 01:02 PM.

#24 Torrhey

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

LOVE, love, love.......
A real mummy just keeps swimming through the challenges, often with eyes half closed, smiles sooooo intensley they often shed tears while their heart glows brightly as they indulge in the joys of a child and are constantly overwhelmed by the love, sacrifices and endless support they share with their loving partner.

#25 rubiortubi

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

When we break down the word MOTHER , we have 'other' before 'her', or herself.
M-OTHER

I believe that every woman is a 'REAL' mum simply because she has the courage and the ability to give life, to love unconditionally and to put others before herself, be it her own baby, someone else's, her husband, her brother and sister , it doesn't matter, but she is always there. A mother is born when her child is born. She never existed before. But her qualities and her strength, courage, vigour and commitment is always there in every woman.
That's what makes a real mum, and we all are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.