Conception after Implanon removal
Please tell me your experiences

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 magsta

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:16 PM

Hi All,

We are TTC#2, DS is 18months old and I had the Implanon Rod removed on the 31st May 2010.
I think I felt some O pain on the 6th June so we thought we'd "have a go".
While on Implanon my cycle was 31 days and based on this AF was due yesterday... so far now sign but I don't know if I can technically say I'm late as I haven't had a proper cycle yet.  How long before I should test? I want to do it now!!

I'd love to hear anyone who has had any experiences after Implanon was removed.

Edited by ~ky~, 12 July 2010 - 03:15 AM.
edited to remove oversized signature

#2 Azadel

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:20 PM

Hi, well I had my implanon removed on April 20 and we have been actively trying to TTC #1 since then. I've been temping. So far I seem to be having very short cyclrs, I had no regular cycles on implanon, more bleeding at random and in the last few months, almost continuous. I haven't used OPKs so far but will this month, I want to make sure I am actually ovulating (heard it can take a while).

I have heard of women who had the implanon removed and gave birth nne months and three days later, hoped I would be one of those but no. I hope for you your cycles get to normal quickly and you see that BFP.

#3 Quack Quack

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

I concieved my last baby 9 weeks after implanon removal. I have very definate Ovulation symptoms so knew thats what it was, I didnt actually have a period in between having the Implanon removed & concieving.

#4 tamben

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:31 PM

Took me 15 months  sad.gif

#5 hickorydickorydock

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:42 PM

After falling pregnant twice after 3 mnths of trying the first 2 times and falling pregnant on the pill a third time...I had the implanon put in...Had it for 3 years had it removed to try for baby number 3 and 8 mnths and still trying.. sad.gif ...I believe my trouble conceiving now has everything to do with the implanon...

I hope you have better luck though.. original.gif

#6 CluckyDuck05

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:38 PM

I had my implant taken out 3 months before TTC for both bubs. I fell pregnant straight away with both (lucky, I know). I was charting as soon as I got the implants out and am pretty sure I O'd within a couple of weeks of each of them being out. I had decided to take them out 3 months before TTC to give my body a chance to get back to normal. My doctor said it can take months sometimes.

Good luck.... I will be lurking to see your happy outcome!  original.gif

#7 ange78

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:53 PM

I fell pregnant within a week of having the implanon out. I know it doesn't always happen so quickly though.

I hope it happens quickly for you.

#8 magsta

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I'm still waiting for AF - was starting to feel tired and headachy today so I POAS just in case. BFN - I knew it was wishful thinking.

Oh well, I should have done a bit more research on Implanon before having it put in. I was breastfeeding DS at the time and kept forgetting to take the mini-pill so GP suggested it would be good. She told me that you usually ovulate a few days after taking it out so it wouldn't hinder my TTC for #2 as she new I would want to take it out at the 12 month mark.  I'm frustrated with myself because if I'd done some research and looked through the forums I probably wouldn't have gone that option. Oh well... all we can do is wait and see.

DS was conceived in our first month of TTC - I feel very very lucky. I guess I can't expect the same thing 2nd time around.

Edited by ~ky~, 12 July 2010 - 03:21 AM.

#9 J3NN1

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:49 PM

Don't worry Magsta,

obviously everyone is different....but for the majority of people, cycles return to normal much quicker after implanon removal then when ceasing the OCP.

I had mine removed on 15th of May, defiantly believed I ovulated a few weeks later based of CM and other symptoms...got 1st AF 25 days after removal even though I did not bleed once in the 5 years I had it in.

We are TTC #1 from this cycle.

Don't give up hope...I've heard of ppl getting pregnant before their AF even arrives after implanon.

#10 magsta

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:42 PM

Thanks J3NN1 - your words of encouragement calmed my mood and then I went to the loo and viola!...... AF has arrived!!

Now for the fun to begin wink.gif  We're "trying for a girl" this time round - so I'm going to aim for 3 days before O and see how that goes. This means I have to get the hang of all this "charting" stuff I've been reading up on, which was why I was anxious for my cycle to start original.gif .  

I'm not too fussed to be honest but DH is desperate for a little princess so for his sake I hope there is some truth to the theory.

Good luck with your TTC and entering the wonderful crazy world of parenting. DS cried for 30mins straight today during a hissy fit, but then at bedtime he snuggled into my lap while we read the bedtime story and gave me the most delicious cuddles and kisses and I realised all over again how completely in love I am with him and how it's worth all the "tearing- your-hair-out" moments.

Edited by ~ky~, 12 July 2010 - 03:21 AM.

#11 magsta

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:44 PM

CluckyDuck - Your girls have the most amazing beautiful eyes biggrin.gif
I'll be sure to post reports of how I'm going to keep you informed wink.gif

cheers

Edited by ~ky~, 12 July 2010 - 03:22 AM.

#12 Kci88

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

hey girls : ) ive just found this thread!

i had implanon removed on the 15th june so its three weeks today and still NO signs of AF...

hoping it will arrive something in the next week...im SO ready to start TTC

magsta - good luck, cant wait to hear if you get a BFP soooon

and J3NN1 - hi again! hows everything going?

original.gif

#13 ~Sh3ekY M0nKeY TaMeR~

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:20 PM

It took me about 3ish weeks

#14 sealeys

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

Had Implanon removed for severe medical complications 18 months ago. Was told I would probably not be able to concieve again or would have major difficulties. Still took appropriate precautions 'just in case' and the one month we didn't ...

My cycle returned about 8 weeks after removal, though was VERY different to pre-implanon.

#15 J3NN1

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:32 AM

Hi guys

waves.gif kci88

Well it didn't happen for us in our 1st cycle..hopeful this month is the winner

So as you know it took 25 days for me to get 1st AF. First cycle was much shorter then expected, only 23days. Just finished my 2nd AF so Im now CD 5. Waiting for some online OPK's to arrive so I can try to pin O.

Don't worry girls AF will show up.

#16 Kci88

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

i was looking at the OPKs on ebay..can you recommend which ones to get?

today is day 22 since having implanon removed..so hopefully AF isnt too far away!

cant really do much until it shows..just waitttttt happy.gif

hopefully this is your month J3NN1

#17 Veryclucky

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

I had my implanon out on 26 May after 6 years (2 rods) and have yet to have AF after 6 weeks. I POAS yesterday and got a BFN so am going to keep going with my weight loss efforts as I dont know if my weight or implanon is causing the delay of AF. I am so desperate to be pg (have wanted to start TTC for a while now but needed to wait due to financial issues to do with building our own house).

Good luckto everyone

#18 Kci88

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:28 PM

veryclucky - same here! sooo desperate to start TTC...its been four weeks on tuesday since i had implanon out and no signs of AF yet althought have had a niggling pain on the right side today similar to period pain...so MAYBE they will show up tonight or tomorrow? huh.gif

was starting to think i might just be PG as a few friends have fallen PG after implanon removal before their first cyle sooo i POAS yesterday but was BFN

not just waiting...i know im not PG so im just waiting for AF to arrive so i can seriously start TTC

#19 ~*KnM*~

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:39 PM

Hey,

I had my implanon removed just after Fathers Day last year and got my BFP Nov 24th.

Good luck

Edited by LittleSpark, 10 July 2010 - 03:41 PM.

#20 mum2cooper

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

took us 4 months after coming off the pill and only a few weeks after getting implanon out.
Good luck

#21 J3NN1

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:13 PM

Hey,

I've bought OPK's, HPT and a thermometer from oracleferility.com.au However they haven't arrived yet. I bought them last weekend. I emailed the owner and she said they shipped on Monday so I should expect them tomorrow (I'm in Perth). The website was recommended by some members on EB....I know there are a few different ones though.  

Feeling very positive about this month though as I (TMI) have lots of EWCM today and have BD'ed the past 3 days!

WISH ME LUCK!

#22 magsta

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:54 PM

Hello All,

Just checking in - I had lost track of the thread (sorry new to the site and still working things out)

Good Luck J3NNI - Sending lots of Baby Dust!!

AFM - I couldn't get my maybe-baby ovulation checker to work at all this month. I used it first time round TTC DS#1 and it worked a treat and I got my BFP.gif first cycle. Now it wont show any fern patterns or even transition patterns. I don't know if this has anything to do with the impalon hormones still in my system...

I'm pretty sure I o'd on the 4th July. I had mega-mega stabbing pains on Sunday and loads of EWCM on Monday (sorry for the TMI). We'd had some BD on Thursday so now I'm in the lovely 2WW and trying not to drive myself nuts.

Will check back in next Sunday and advise my POAS results!

Edited by ~ky~, 12 July 2010 - 03:13 AM.

#23 Kci88

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

thanks J3NN1 im going to check the site out - but still havent got AF so if i order some they may arrive even before AF arrives haha shes being slow.....

J3NN! and magsta...hope this is your month - sending plenty of baby dust and hoping to hear about your BFP very soon!!!!!

#24 Kci88

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

well its four weeks tomorrow since having implanon removed and no signs at all of AF showing up...sad.gif

im so damn impatient just wish it would hurry up already so i can get the ball rolling...

have cut out coffee and soft drinks completely from my diet hoping that would help a little but still nothing gahhh

sorry for the whinge just getting impatient at AF wink.gif

#25 magsta

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:35 AM

Hey Kci88,

Don't be sorry, I know EXACTLY how you feel... I was so impatient waiting for AF to arrive and that was only 3 weeks. I say "only" but at the time it felt like longer, I think I'd have been borderline obsessed if it had taken another week.

Have you tried POAS again? In the end I was convinced I must have been PG so I did another test and that was enough for AF to arrive. I bought a 10 pack of ebay cheapy preg tests so that I can fulfil my obsession to test!

GOOD LUCK, I hope the witch arrives soon... or better still I hope you have a nice sweet-pea tucked away who just hasn't made their presence known yet Tounge1.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

New mum Megan goes topless

Megan Gale has posed topless for magazine's 'sexiest people' issue, five months after welcoming her son.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.