- - - - -

Win one of five Lah-Lah CD & DVD packs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 F.E.B.E

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:59 AM

Have you heard of Lah-Lah? The latest Australian music sensation for kids, Lah-Lah is a five member children's music group from Sydney comprising members currently and fomerly from gypsy band Monsieur Camembert amongst other prominent Australian groups such as Guy Sebastian and the James Morrison Sextet.

Lah-Lah performs live music ranging in styles from surf-rock and jazz to gypsy and their video clips feature on Nickelodeons Nick Jr. Channel.

We have profiled singer and co-founder of Lah-Lah Tina Harris from Lah-Lah in our Mum in profile section.

We have five copies each of Lah-Lah's NEW CD Shake It Like This and Big Band Live DVDs to give away. Shake It Like this is a must have album for kids who want their mums and dads to love the music as much as they do!

To enter, just tell us in 50 words about your favourite concert experience has been (pre or post kids).

Competition closes Fri 21st May at 5pm. T & Cs pinned in the Comps forum.

#2 Mandy GRAHAM

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:56 AM

I took my boys to the Hi-5! concert and it was so fun and colourful. They loved it!

#3 nikc

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

My mum and I took my daughter, 18 months at the time, to see The Fairies. It was her first live concert and she absolutely loved it. Quite the little groover in her fairy costume standing in the aisle dancing along to the show!  eexcite.gif

#4 lost74

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:15 PM

This is going to sound so sad, but the best concert that I have seen before and after kids is The Wiggles - I have never sung along to so many songs and been so involved in a concert!  Oh and my kids loved it too.....

#5 MotherJedi

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:15 PM

In 2004, I took my DD1 and DS to see a Play School concert when they were 3 and 1 respectively.    I couldn't believe my eyes to see Bonita there!! She was fantastic - a bit grayer but still energetic and the highlight of the show.

The kids were enthralled from the beginning to the end - best 45 minutes ever!

Thanks for reading,
Belinda

#6 hiddensecrets

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:20 PM

I took my special needs girl Lauren to see the Wiggles in December.  Despite having 2 seizures prior to getting there she had a great time.  We will be meeting the Wiggles on Monday through Make A Wish.  No matter how sick she is she just loves them

#7 Mummy Bee

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (EBeditor @ 11/05/2010, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you heard of Lah-Lah? The latest Australian music sensation for kids, Lah-Lah is a five member children's music group from Sydney comprising members currently and fomerly from gypsy band Monsieur Camembert amongst other prominent Australian groups such as Guy Sebastian and the James Morrison Sextet.

Lah-Lah performs live music ranging in styles from surf-rock and jazz to gypsy and their video clips feature on Nickelodeons Nick Jr. Channel.

We have profiled singer and co-founder of Lah-Lah Tina Harris from Lah-Lah in our Mum in profile section.

We have five copies each of Lah-Lah's NEW CD Shake It Like This and Big Band Live DVDs to give away. Shake It Like this is a must have album for kids who want their mums and dads to love the music as much as they do!

To enter, just tell us in 50 words about your favourite concert experience has been (pre or post kids).

Competition closes Fri 21st May at 5pm. T & Cs pinned in the Comps forum.

#8 MamaKirra

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

I have yet to take DD to a concert; however, we are all set to see Play School LIVE in our suburb on May 24.  Quite exciting!  Prior to bub, too many good ones to remember, but Glastonbury '99 rings a bell, even with the flooded fields (aren't they always!?).

#9 Mummy Bee

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:23 PM

When I was 12 My Dad took me to see Queen in concert..He had on a double breasted suite and a large unberella that he used like a cain leaning on it and bopping up and down like an englishman.  It was so funny to see Dad like that he is so conservative but loved Queen. I think if we went to see La Lah that my daughter would see my as I saw my dad... tongue.gif

#10 katie79

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:25 PM

I took my daughter to her first Wiggles concert last December. During one of the quieter songs, they turned down the lights and asked the kids to hold up and wave their parents' mobile phones like stars in the sky. It was beautiful!

#11 hurlyburly

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:26 PM

My 2 yr old daughter loved the Playschool concert in Orange until George who was dressed up as Polly had a pretend quarrel with Sooki in 'Polly put the kettle on', she got frightened and couldn't watch any more. biggrin.gif

#12 Gillianlisa

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:16 PM

Taking my daughter to see The Wiggles for the first time.Seeing the world through her eyes,feeling her excitement and joy from the Wiggles is priceless.

#13 ALEJA

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

For me it would be my Dad & I going to see Pearl Jam together! He is such a cool Dad and he wanted to go more then I did. And we didn't just sit there, we jumped and danced and had the best night. One I will remember forever.

#14 mandachic

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

Nothing is better than visit to a Wiggles concert. Upbeat and full of energy not only do my kids enjjoy the atmosphere but I too walk away feeling happy and care free.

#15 ~*luvmytribe*~

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

It would have to P!NK's Funhouse Sydney tour. The amount of energy and fitness that women has is amazing! If only I had as much as energy as her and not to mention those abs! A fun, colourful, theatrical experience!

#16 catnat

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

We took our boys to see Dorothy. One kept yelling "We have roses. When you come get them?". Another kept falling through his seat and getting stuck. The baby decided to 'expose' me. We all loved it of course but also felt like a strong drink afterwards!

#17 Chris20

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:56 PM

I won tickets to a Hi-5 concert and now my 2 year old daughter is hooked. Since then we have purchased their DVD's which we watch all the time. Just today she asked so nicely for a pair of Hi-5 boots and once she got home and put them on I couldn't get her to take them off!  We love to sing and dance any time music is on the TV or radio.

#18 g-girl

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

Honestly, I haven't been to a concert in over  rolleyes.gif  10 years, and have yet to take my 18 month-old to one.  However my best experience would have to be "The Main Event" - John Farnham, Olivia Newton-John and Anthony Warlow, at least 10 years ago now, but absolutely brilliant!

G-Girl

#19 mum2amonkey

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:57 PM

Rod Stewart! My fathers favourite till he passed away. The next time Rod was in Sydney the whole family went along, the 8 of us sang at the top of our lungs although we'd never admitted it we all loved Rod too! A great way to remember our Dad.

#20 Pottsi55

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:17 PM

My first ever concert was Abba at the Sydney Myer Music Bowl Melbourne. I was still at Primary School, had never seen so many people in one place or heard anything so loud! I sat like a stunned mullet for the whole show and talked about it for months after!

#21 ~Tera~

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

ABC Concert outside their studios in Sydney. The crowd was amazing and all the kids and parents were dancing and singing together, a fun day was had by all including my then 2 1/2 yr old who was taken up on stage by Jai from play school.

#22 sarah-m

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:48 PM

MY favourite concert was Sarah McLachlan! I have LOVED her since I was a child, and we had such a great time listening to our favourite songs. I have booked tickets for our very first Play School concert in July - and I cannot wait to see their reaction!

#23 Strawberries

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

our son william loves to watch his mum and dad perform in our own 'big live bands' on a regular basis. Wiliam also loves to play his instruments and we always have music in some form happening.

3 of my fav pics: at 'festival of the sun' an all day music fest, playing dad's Tuba and and playing the 'sax' in the jazz band (little dude in red)

#24 Shantell.K

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

Taking my 1 & 2 yr old to see playschool in concert. Noah had an absolute ball and was in amazement the whole time and was dancing around to all the songs. Blake was just wiggling away to the music (they both love to dance)

#25 abeni

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

My mum loves Jimmy Barnes, so because she played it constantly when I was young, I grew up loving it with her.  When i was about 15 she was dating a man who was close friends with Jimmy Barnes, and he got us front-row seats to a Cold Chisel concert at Horden Pavillion, it was awesome! At the end of the show Barnesy even came over and gave us both a hug!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.