- - - - -

Win an ABC Kids DVD pack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
159 replies to this topic

#26 Erma Gerd

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

Answer this question in 50 words or less: What is the funniest thing that has happened in your household this week?

The Mystery of the Missing Potato Masher: featuring one three year old boy, a bucket full of mixed finger paint, potato-masher paint stamps all over the verandah, a painted dog, and the immortal line: "I'm not obnoxious, I'm just a BOY!"  And one potato masher, still missing...

#27 Guest_BBlessed_*

Posted 23 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

My 4 year old DD was invited to have a photo at Kinder, with a visiting MP.  He tried hard to "sell" the idea by saying she could climb on the monkey bars for the photo and wouldn't that be fun?
She replied with "No. YOU can climb on the monkey bars, I'm going HOME!" and flounced off.

#28 ~Sultana Bran~

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

My 4 year old DD and myself went to Kmart to get some undies and socks for my fathers birthday, when we came to pick out the undies DD said VERY load (pointing to the Bonds undies with the pocket bit in the front) thats where poppys tunnel goes!! Well i couldnt stop laughing at that one, never heard her call it that before!!
FWIW DD calls boy bits a tunnel (have no idea where she got that from!)

#29 Etcetera

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:37 PM

DH told DS1  (almost 4 years old) that we had run out of bananas.
DS told nana that he couldn't have a banana and when she asked why he said that the bananas had run outside, down the stairs and out the back to talk to the chickens!

#30 jacaxelach2

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:37 PM

having to take ds to the supermarket  to buy  gf  a pregnancy  test    and  going to scan it    and it wouldn,t scan he was so  worried    and to top it off  his mate was in front of him

needless to say he got the huggest  lecture  off me

#31 ~NFItoday~

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

My 5 yr old DS finding my lube and moisturising his face with it saying that it smelt good. It is peppermint flavour. laugh.gif

#32 snuffles

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:48 PM

DS1 can't pronounce the word 'stick', instead saying 'd*ck'.  At the playground he was playing with a long stick, placed it between his legs and shouted at the top of his voice, "Look I have a long d*ck, come and touch my d*ck and see how long it is".

#33 Princess.cranky.pants

Posted 23 April 2010 - 06:44 PM

It was DD1's birthday last Sunday and she got a doll which she calls her 'newborn'. She asked me to 'breastfeed' her baby while she was at school. Then she was wondering if my 'nippies' (her word for nipples) would fit in the babies mouth and insisted I feed the doll so she could check. So there I was 'breastfeeding' her 'baby'! laughing2.gif

#34 Happy98

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:06 PM

My DS aged 7 told me that his mate had told him that babies come from vaginas.  He wanted to know if it was true.  When I told him it was he thought for a moment and then said to his little brother 13mths "HA Ha you came from Mummy's vagina" with lots of laughter.  I gave him a few moments and then told him he did too.  He replied with a quick"Let's change the subject now Mum".

#35 tashyc

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:25 PM

coming home from work one day thinking OMG we've been robbed to find that cyclone emily has hit the house and all paper is on the floor, and darling baby sitting in the midst of it all with a who me? look

#36 nomimac

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:26 PM

I heard sweet little chuckles coming from the bathroom and my little fella is sitting on the toilet saying in his baratone voice "hehe pooah mum poohah.
Made me laugh and smile what an achievement for my little fella..not easy toilet training kids but for my little fellow who has Downs Syndrome it made my day !!!
Woo hoo poo on the toilet and words too yay !!!

#37 charlie23

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

DD (nearly 4) was being a tad cheeky (aka naughty) this afternoon after I picked her up from Kindy. She wanted to have a snack & DH asked her where her manners were, to which she replied "the fairy took them all."

Needless to say both DH & I had a giggle.

Edited by charlie23, 28 April 2010 - 03:44 PM.

#38 mypigeonpair01

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:36 PM

DD's incessant chatting was driving DH nuts, so he said "oh would you just please shutup!"
DD replied "I'm NOT the dog".

Can't argue with that!!! original.gif

Edited by mypigeonpair01, 23 April 2010 - 07:37 PM.

#39 Baggy

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:54 PM

DD 18 months, saying 'Oh bugger' after having her nappy changed.  ph34r.gif

#40 ericak138

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

DD1, aged 5, lost her first tooth. DD2, aged 3, watching in amazement says all disappointed for her sister, "Aw, you haven't been brushing that one very good".

#41 thelms

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

DD (almost 3) was so upset this morning because DS (almost 1) ate her imaginary icecream.

#42 Chickie-Babe

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

DS  (eighteen months) and DD (3.5y) riding on a push along car together, giggling, crashing and falling off and then doing it all over again.

#43 MrsG

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:20 PM

My DH asked my 2yr old if she did a fart. She replied very seriously 'No Daddy I did 2 farts'  laughing2.gif

#44 ALEJA

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

I told my son (2.4yo) I was getting out some flash 'cards' to practice counting with him. I turn around and find he went and got some 'cars' and proceeded to use my 'cards' as a race track.

#45 ~Mousse~

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

DD1 (5) came home from school singing "Loo, loo skip to the loo".  She thought her teacher had taught her a song about going to the toilet.

#46 mummy~swanee

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:51 PM

DS1 (2.5yo) is a Wiggles addict. Upon insisting he needed to take his Wiggles guitar shopping, he then entertained all customers at Aldi yesterday morning, with his (air) guitar playing routine, which includes singing and dancing (I swear he will be in the entertainment industry)!

#47 libbylu

Posted 23 April 2010 - 10:13 PM

After breakfast I told DS, 3, he could go and wake up Daddy with a good morning kiss. After a few minutes I heard a disgruntled yell from DH and hysterical laughter from DS as he ran out saying 'my kisses didn't wake Daddy up but my big fart did!".

#48 New_Me

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:03 AM

DS1 "MUUUUUM, There's not enough room on the couch because Joshua's humping"
ME "Joshua can you stop humping the couch huh.gif  If you need to "hump" go into your bedroom and shut the door"
DS2" awwww but mum I love the couch coz it feels nicer"
Me "  oomg.gif

#49 Mrs.Brown

Posted 24 April 2010 - 12:15 AM

DD giving me one of those priceless hugs in the bath, then proceeds to pull away because " mum, your bum is itchy and scratchying me ". Why do you have hair on your bum? I dont want hair on my bum when I am a mum. blush.gif  blink.gif  oomg.gif  oomg2.gif

P.S Obviously, it wasnt my bum LOL but thats what she calls it LOL

Edited by libra40, 24 April 2010 - 12:16 AM.

#50 applesNoranges

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:20 AM

After school on Friday we decided that seen as though we are new to our surroundings after moving interstate that we would take a little road trip and find somewhere that perhaps offered a wood fired pizza for dinner, seen as though we were heading country we thought we would take a look around a small town.
We took the kids to the top of a mountain and then wandered around  the town until we found a small pub that offered bistro meals, by this time it was getting close to 7pm so both kids were getting tired, cranky and hungry.
We walked into the pub and there were several hard core locals perched at the bar sipping their beers and musing over the week, they looked as though they were Friday night happy hour regulars.
Mr 5 without missing a beat walked through the doors right behind his father, pulled up a seat at the bar, slumped his head into his hands and loudly announced with a grunt and a sigh "I need a drink'
Needless to say the locals thought it was hilarious and demanded the bar tender 'get the boy a drink'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.