IVF multiple cycles & the long Haul Proposed Buddy Group
IVF

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#76 meggie2

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:59 AM

Hi everyone

Stillinhope - well done with the transfer.  Did you get to see the little blast on the screen?  It's interesting to me, because they are clearly so much more developed than the day 2 or 3 embryos.   I guess that's why they say it's such a positive step to get to blast.  I hope you get some to freeze as well.   Don't you wish there was a website to get the news, rather than having to have a phone call?   When they ring me they're all "oh hi, how are you today, how are you feeling?" and I'm like "get on with it woman, just tell me!"   Anyway wrap up warm, drink lots of fluids (warm water with honey, lemon and ginger according to the acupuncturist).   At least with a blast the 2WW is more like a 1.5WW.  

Sorry about the pimples Kimbar.  At least that must mean it's doing something to your body?  Giving you the fertility of a hormonal 16 year old perhaps wink.gif ?   I'd be interested to hear more about DHEA if you get a chance.      

Love those names CC.  I can just picture how they would be.  Did the names come out of the blue, or had you been thinking about them already?  I just can't stop myself from doing that.  

AFM, I'm just doing jabs for my medicated FET.  I go in on Friday to see where I'm up to.  

How was the party? im at the point that i dont go to things like that anymore. i know its hard to say no, but you have to protect yourself. I usually go and see the kid another time.

Ooooh it was so dire.  Everyone was talking about their LOs, with all the usual wingeing about sleeplessness, BF, how they should have got more baby bonus, moan moan moan.  rant.gif I kept trying to turn the conversation (masterchef, icelandic volcanos, anything else frankly) - I ended up going to look at the new car with all the boys.

Do you think we should move this group to the Buddy Group section?? It's nice here in PI, apart from that stoopid thread about "leaving it too late".  Like I need reminding of that!

Hope everyone has a good day, especially SIH and anyone else waiting for a phone call.

M

#77 cheshire_cat

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:05 PM

Oh meggie that party sounded awful! sad.gif Did those women have any idea what you're going through? If they did- God how insensitive! People get such tunnel vision. Especially the complaining about pointless, so-called 'problems'.

(yes the 'leaving it too late' thread annoyed me too).

xx
CC

#78 meggie2

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:04 PM

CC a few did know, but most didn't (at least I hope not).  The moaning about the inadequacy of the baby bonus really gets me.  I want to say "yeah so all you got is $5,000 of my taxes and a BABY.  Boo hoo".   Grrr.

I hope we will all get the chance to moan and complain about that stuff.  

M

#79 stillinhope

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for all the love girls!! I love it here!! hhugs.gif

I think i'll call the clinic.....eeeek why dont they call me?

Megs - i feel for you doll. i hate those parties. sounds like you handled it well tho. I hope your ok now...say no say no..i didnt go to my god daughter sisters 1st birthday and blessing because i had just lost my last emby..they'll understand if they're good friends...

$5000 wow that could pay for a cycle! Its bad now i only think in cycles! We're gonna need that bonus after all this...

Yes - this is really a 1.5ww but i'm trying not to think that so it goes faster! I did get to see the blasti - so cute! looks like DH!!! it was exciting to see that it looked like the ones i have read about and seen on the web in my extensive research!
its weird - i was so proud of the blasti for growing so well and knowing what to do! hopefully its nicely tucked into my lining now!

#80 Rangeman

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

Congrats Stillinhope, i hope the 2ww goes nice & quick for you and you get the goods news.

You should just say no to those crappy parties Meggie, I'm lucky that I live about 2 hours away from most of my friends so I use that as an excuse not to go.

DHEA is meant to improve the quality of your eggs in old birds like me.  My FS wasn't keen on giving it to me but I kind of insisted, I told her that at this stage I was willing to try anything that wouldn't kill me, I THINK it's a mild male hormone but don't quote me on that.  The side effects aren't really that bad I guess I've got a couple of pimples and my skin is a bit oilyer (sorry about the spelling) than normal so in the grand scheme of things it's not much and if it works then my third eye will be worth it  original.gif  I wish they would invent IVF drugs that didn't make us hormonal witches with spots ha ha ha........

#81 spring08

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

mitchp, sorry that AF arrived. Hope you are doing ok and looking after yourself. I agree that a counsellor is a good idea. I saw one for the first time before our last BFN, and just knowing that what I was feeling was normal helped me. I had thought I was losing it before.

CC, they are some strange dreams you've been having.  Hopefully your dream with twins was a premonition. Good news about no side effects with the syneral.  Are you making progress on the essays??

Does the DHEA make your skin look younger as well Kimbar, or just give you pimples?  Fingers crossed that it's doing some good for your eggies. I would also love some drugs that didn't list about 20 things as side effects!

Good luck stillinhope - so glad you got a nice little blastie and fingers crossed they want to hang around! I cut out coffee, alcohol, only have weak tea and don't do any strenuous exercise. I would not beat yourself up though - as I really don't think that any of this is going to be the reason it does or doesn't work. 6 days into the 2WW now! Hope you get some more good news from the clinic today.  If we need another EPU, I've decided that the calls can go to DP. I have never tried prednisolone - what's it for?

Meggie, that sounds like a miserable day. Some people are completely self absorbed, and don't realise how lucky they are.  I would also be asking your FS to throw whatever she's got at you also! At this point, who really cares if there's only a slight chance something will help - if it won't hurt why not give it a go.

AFM, back at the FS and have my first visit with naturopath tomorrow. Off to get a coffee now I think as I'm sure that'll be off the menu! I don't know whether we should move this group either - I like the fact that it's just PI also.

#82 stillinhope

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

Update : I called my nurse. 1 blast on ice!! YAY!! I havent had anything on ice since my first cycle..Im very relieved and thankful...
now i really have to stop procrastinating and do some work...poor clients!

#83 Rangeman

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

Well done Stillinhope!!!! Fantastic news on your little frozen blast.

Spring - Nah, I still look like an old hag, now I'm just an old hag with zits.......be great if it made you look younger, thinner & stopped your boobs from sagging down to your ankles - I'm getting gravel rash on my nipples........

#84 meggie2

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

Kimbar LOL

Yay SIH for the superblast and the superfrostie.  Clients schmients.

#85 stillinhope

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

Kimbar you're hilarious!! if that drug did all that we'd all be on it!!

#86 spring08

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

hi all,

stillinhope, great news on the frosty. Still sending sticky vibes your way.  

kimbar - we need a wonder drug so that there's some upside to doing all this!  How good would it be to look up the side affects and see - "sudden weight loss particularly around the thigh and buttock region, increased energy, endurance and patience, improved concentration..."

Had an appt with my FS - no real words of wisdom, just more of the "it's a numbers game" bit. Everything is normal on all the implantation failure tests. Asked about naturopathy, and while I did expect scepticism, he was really dismissive, and suggested if we want to try something else, try accupuncture. So have cancelled my appt tonight while I have another think. I will be able to do natural FETs, so just looking forward to giving it a shot without a lot of drugs in my system.

#87 meggie2

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a nice Tuesday like me....I took myself off for a cheeky hot chocolate at the Lindt cafe today, instead of going straight back to work after my meeting wink.gif .

Spring, I don't know about naturopathy but there is some really solid evidence in support of acupuncture so maybe give that a go.  Most of the research was done on the basis of two sessions, one before and one after the transfer.   If you have PHI make sure that they write on the receipts something like "IVF support, 4 hours apart" so you can claim both.  Aren't I helpful today?  Must be all the sugar.  When will you start your FET cycle?

And how's your cold going Stillinhope?   Not too bad I hope.  

Warm fuzzies, M

#88 stillinhope

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (spring08 @ 25/05/2010, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had an appt with my FS - no real words of wisdom, just more of the "it's a numbers game" bit. Everything is normal on all the implantation failure tests. Asked about naturopathy, and while I did expect scepticism, he was really dismissive, and suggested if we want to try something else, try accupuncture. So have cancelled my appt tonight while I have another think. I will be able to do natural FETs, so just looking forward to giving it a shot without a lot of drugs in my system.

Hi Spring - i has scepticism from my fs too. they dont like you doing things outside their medical relm! I had accupuncture for cycles 2&3, i loved it. i found it relaxing and i loved my accupuncturist. She worked specifically with ivf'ers and understood all about it so i didnt have to explain. My best friend was seeing her too and is now 7months preg...(also icsi)
I think its worth a try, i like finding new things to try so i feel like i still have more options and unexplored avenues.
I only stopped seeing her this cycle due to time and expense...

Meggs - "cheeky hot chocolate" so funny! sounds great. think i might get one of those too. its funny i have now sussed out all the places that do good quality hchocs in my area as apose to good coffees! Its not the same but it will have to do! Lucky its winter and hcs are the go!

Kim- maybe a delux relaxing facial is in order to help your skin from the DHEA...well its a good excuse anyway!

AFM - waiting like crazy. Crinone giving me grief. Still on clexane injections, pred, prog...My cold didnt take too much although  i just have a general feeling of being run down.
DH boss has given us a weekend away in tassie - im so excited, so that should help!

xo

#89 spring08

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

morning all

stillinhope, how are you doing?  What do you do to try to stay sane during 2WW? Are you staying away from Dr Google!  Wow, what a great pressie - when are you off to Tas?

Meggie, lindt cafe - YUM! Glad you could squeeze some "you" time into your day.

Kimbar, mitch, cat, hope you are going well

#90 stillinhope

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:39 AM

Morning girls!

Spring - i am trying to book up my time and 'forget' about whats in my belly! Although thats hard when im still pumping full of drugs so i can hardly forget. I havent googled anything this time, but pretty much as i have googled everything i can think of in the past and driven myself crazy.
I am trying to be positive and think of myself as preg to give emby good vibes! Its hard and i find myself thinking negative things like 'what if it doesnt work and what if my frostie doesnt survive..and what if...' but im trying really hard not to worry about that now. That pain can wait!
How did you go with the accupuncturist? did u go yet?

Tassie is looking like mid june - thats as soon as we could go..should be lovely.

How is everyone else going?

#91 meggie2

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:32 AM

Hi everyone

Stillinhope well done for staying away from Dr Google.  That will be my goal this cycle too.  You know we are all thinking positive vibes for you and the emby, so you should be well covered on that front.  

I had an attack of the "oh what if it never happens and I will just be a crazy old cat lady" collywobbles this morning.  Think I'm over it now.

Oh Spring I asked my acupucturist for some extra ideas and she said try fish oil capsules and Goji berries.  Cheaper than most of the stuff we get advised to take!

M

#92 stillinhope

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE (meggie2 @ 27/05/2010, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone

Stillinhope well done for staying away from Dr Google.  That will be my goal this cycle too.  You know we are all thinking positive vibes for you and the emby, so you should be well covered on that front.  

I had an attack of the "oh what if it never happens and I will just be a crazy old cat lady" collywobbles this morning.  Think I'm over it now.

Oh Spring I asked my acupucturist for some extra ideas and she said try fish oil capsules and Goji berries.  Cheaper than most of the stuff we get advised to take!

M

Meggie- i know how you feel. i have my cats and i talk about them like other people talk about their kids. I went through a big stage of thinking im going to be a crazy old cat lady and i told DH that for every year we dont have a baby i get a new kitten!! he didnt agree! Benefit of cats - sometimes i'm glad i can lock them outside unlike my friends kids! "Collywobbles" -  hilarious!!

#93 cheshire_cat

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

Hi all,

stillinhope, how's your 2ww going? It's never going to be easy I know. I have been trying the 'forget about it' technique too, which is hard but it does help I think. Don't think about the 'what ifs'! And well done for staying away from Google!

meggie--- I absolutely could have written your 'cat lady' post! original.gif What is it about us infertiles and our cats? I've already told DH that my 'back up plan' is to be the crazy old cat lady- I'm quite delighted to know I'm not the only one.

spring, that's a shame FS was dismissive of naturopathy, but if you feel like it might help you, there's no reason not to try it. Even if it just helps you feel better 'holistically'. Have you tried acupuncture before?

Kimbar- how's your skin? I'm loving spring's wonder-drug idea.

Well, another whinge from me- I have a cold AGAIN! I'm still up and about but with a horrible sore throat. Does anyone else find they're more susceptible to colds since starting IVF? I know it might also be because I'm low in iron & don't exercise enough blush.gif But these colds are driving me nuts.

Have finally stopped the pill and have my E2 blood test on Monday, then if all's well will start FSH on Wed. Finally things are happening!

#94 meggie2

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:57 PM

Hi everyone

Stillinhope you are well into the 2WW now. If you need some distraction I just finished a brilliant book called Gone to Soldiers by Marge something starting with P.   It's about WW2 (haha) but more from a woman's point of view.   Nice and fat and distractable.

CC yes I have had heaps more colds too, and I just seem to get more tired than usual as well.  Which seems really unfair considering all the emby-friendly lifestyle changes I have made (vitamins, no caffeine, minimal booze, lots of veggies etc).  I should be bouncing around like the energiser bunny.  Sounds like your new cycle is starting off well, apart from the sore throat.

Spring and Kimbar,
am I right in thinking you girls are gearing up for cycles in June/July?  I hope you are enjoying the time away from the coal face.  Do you have definite start dates yet?  

I had a scan today (day 8) to see how I'm going for the FET, and acupuncture yesterday.  All seems good on both fronts.  I talked to the FS about trying some different drugs and she said, well if you change anything why not change donor cos maybe that's the problem.  At least that is one advantage of having no DH sad.gif .  Then she said (get this) "because we've got some new Scandinavian ones (wink wink, leer leer)".  So maybe that's an option.

Well I must go do some work now.  I often wonder what my secretary thinks is going on with me.  I think she has either guessed or thinks I have some drastic health crisis.

Have a good weekend everyone, M

Edited by meggie2, 28 May 2010 - 01:02 PM.

#95 stillinhope

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:01 PM

Hi All,

meggie- glad you're nearly ready for your FET. Good that you talked to your fs, what meds are you taking post ET?
So funny about the Scandinavian ones!! Hope your work went well.

cheshire_cat  - bummer about the cold. i do find that i get run down more during treatment but im not sure if its from the immume supressing prednisolone or just the treatment in general. YAY to starting FSH, i love the start of a new cycle because it ='s new hope! Oh for the cold - i get these ginger teas from the Chinese shop and they are magic!

Hope everyone else is travelling well, Spring, Kimbar....

AFM - Winge time.
I think the pregnyl or one of the multiple hormones i'm having is giving me pimples. I thought the bump on my forehead was from bashing into something but now it looks like a devil horn. I also have this weird complexion on my forehead - all red and bumpy and yuk. i look horrid.
Also, i have been so hungry that i have put on weight and all my jeans dont fit and now im in my official ivf pants that have no tight band at the top (heaven) AND my belly is now really sore from the daily injections and bloat city.
Other than that i have a week to go and trying to not get nervous. Had a chat with Dh last night about what we do next..but i dont want to think about that now. Still sending loves to my emby, hopefully its tucked away nicely now hands.gif
Meggie- thanks for the book referal. I am going tonight so the book shop to get some new brain candy to get me through!

Have a great weekend everyone...

xo

#96 stillinhope

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:08 PM

ooh forgot.
Spring - Tassie is in 3 weeks. will be nice and cold but cosy! DH says to me last night out of the blue "so when we are in TAS, will you have your period?" poor Dh is feeling the effects of the love life decline of ivf! I was like well hopefully i wont have one for a loooooong time!

#97 meggie2

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:50 PM

Hi everyone, hope you are all warm and tucked up out of the rain - or better still not in Sydney in the first place!

I just did my trigger injection, so my transfer will be next saturday morning, all going to plan.  Any spare positive vibes please send my way. original.gif

M

#98 Rangeman

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:55 AM

Hi Girls,

Meggie - How did your EPU go?

Still - How's your horn - that's hilarious. I know exactly what you're going through it's pretty aweful isn't it.  How are you feeling ????  I'm very jealous about Tassie DH & I went about 3 years ago and loved it, the food is beautiful and all we did was eat.  We'd be sitting there having breakfast and saying to each other what'll we have for lunch and then at lunch we'd be discussing waht was on the menu for dinner......little piggies.....I can recommend a restaurant on Constitution Dock called THE DRUNKEN ADMIRAL it's basically just a door in the wall but it opens up into a ship - decorated like a ship and the food (when we were there anyway) was just delish.

CC & Spring - how you guys travelling?

AFM - well zit central has calmed down, thank god!! (Still - I'm feeling your pain).  AF is due late this week but I'm going to wait for the next one which I guess will be early July but my FS is going to be away then, if all goes to plan (as in AF comes on time) she would be back for EPU & TFR but I'm not sure how it would work during the puregon stage with her not being there so I may even have to wait till the one after that, i hope not though because I've siked myself up for July.

Wish I wasn't at work today, I'm in Sydney & it's rainy & cold just the kind of day to stay home in your pj's and eat yummy stuff.

Have a good one girls!

#99 spring08

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:19 PM

how are you doing still?? not long now!  Tas sounds great - the cold weather makes the food and wine taste even better (hopefully it'll be just food for you though!) Those hormones are great aren't they - you can never quite predict how they'll hit you, but you just know it's never good.

Meggie - I have plenty of good wishes to go around so can definately send some your way!  Wow, that's a long time between trigger and tfr isn't it. Good thing is that you're so far through the 2ww by the time you get there. Thanks for the tip about fish oil and goji berries - I'll give those a go. Do you do acu in conjunciton with your tfr also?

Cat, hope your BT was good and you've got the all clear to start jabbing on Wed. Are you getting over your cold?

Kimbar, I agree about staying home today - it should be against the Geneva convention to have to go to work when it's like this!! cruel and unusual (but at least someone from my work brought in chocolate today - YUM). glad the skin is calming down. Does your FS work in a clinic where someone else could monitor your progress during the stim phase?

AFM, enjoying my month off. Coffee, wine, even got the port out a few nights ago! And have been exercising a lot more also trying to get back in shape.  AF will prob. be in the next week or so, and I'll start my FET cycle then.

have a great weekend all.

#100 meggie2

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:43 PM

Hi everyone

Oohh Still I am starting to get excited for you. I have this vivid picture of you and your DH at one of those amazing little restaurants on Constitution Dock sharing a secret smile when you order a mineral water and he has a nice big glass of red! Wouldn't that be great? Not sure how the devil horn fits into the picture but. Maybe you can wear a lovely wooly hat. wink.gif

Kimbar I was lucky and have a few frozen blasts left from ICSI #3, so I didn't have to do an EPU. But I'm doing a medicated FET with a trigger, cos they have so much trouble working out when I'm going to ovulate. When I did IUI they dragged me out of a work meeting because they were sure they'd almost missed it, and did the IUI on about 20 minutes notice - only to find that I actually O'd a week later!

Sounds like your body is adjusting to the DHEA. I hope you can still do your cycle in July as planned, even if your FS isn't back for the start. Has your response to the Puregon been pretty predictable in the past, or do you think it will have to be adjusted? It will be so interesting to see the effect of the DHEA.

Spring, sounds like you have been making the most of your month off before your FET. Am I right in thinking you're doing a natural cycle?

Yeah I do the acupuncture before and after the transfer. It helps my state of mind a lot I think. I have these morbid theories that everytime I sneeze, or the car goes over a bump, or whatever the embies are going to fall out. The acupuncture seems to convince my subconscious that they are a bit more stuck, if you know what I mean.

Hi to everyone else, especially
CC starting her new cycle. Hope things are going well.

M

ETA yay 100 posts in our thread!

Edited by meggie2, 31 May 2010 - 05:46 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.