103 replies to this topic

#1 lilymurray

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:28 PM

New thread time original.gif

Link to previous thread

#2 Jacni

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

Hi ladies,

I only found this group last night. I got my BFP yesterday so I'm only 4 weeks along. I was pregnant last year but lost my bub due to development problems. I was induced at 23 weeks. I have a question as I'm a bit worried. Towards the end of my pregnancy I felt very sick and was unable to eat. I wondered if bub was pushing on my stomach rather than pushing out. He had no amniotic fluid left so I don't know if that is a factor. But can I expect my fat belly to hold bub in and make me feel awful or will it still push out? I'm just not sure if how I felt was due to the issues we had or if it was going to be how I will feel every pregnancy. Cos if I felt that bad at 23 weeks then it's going to be a very uncomfortable pregnancy. By 23 weeks I still didn't even look pregnant.

Thanks

#3 cassyn

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:49 AM

Jacni - Sending sticky dust for you, hope you have a better time this pregnancy and have a little bundle to hold onto in 8 months. I found that I am still forcing myself to eat and I am now 30 weeks. I have been feeling sick and bad reflux almost the whole way through. My lil one seems to have gone up rather then out, but has run out of room now and starting to stick out more, especially when s/he sticks the bottom out. Unfortunately if that is the way your baby grows it is going to be uncomfortable most of the time, especially when pushing up into stomach and lungs. However this would of had very little if anything at all with baby having problems. If you had no amniotic fluid round baby, must of been a leak or some other problem.
Just remember to make yourself eat, try to make it a small piece of protein. And take multivitamin too, something I always forget.
Hope all goes well this pregnancy.

#4 cassyn

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:03 PM

Where is everyone????

Hope you are all going well

Earthangel - Are those babies still in there???

#5 Always amazed!

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know I had my Twins last week on the 12th at 36weeks 1 day..

My waters broke after my ob app and I had a c/s!

Elizabeth may arrived at 8.58pm at 5pound 6 ounces
Rose Michelle at 9pm at 6 pound 1 ounce.

Both girls are in special care unit for feeding issues and low blood sugars.. They are both doing really well and should hopefully be home at the end of the week!

Photos soon!

Edited by earthangle, 19 April 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#6 cassyn

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:44 AM

Congratulations EarthAngel. Hope those lil girls are home with you by the end of the week. Hope you are taking it easy so as you are all prepared for when you have all your kiddies together. Looking forward to seeing those photos.
babygirl.gif  babygirl.gif  biggrin.gif

#7 FiveCherubs

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:08 PM

Congratulations on your twins!!... Im glad they are doing well, and you get to bring them home soon....

#8 butterflyangels

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

HI Ladies

Just wondering if I can join this group.

I'm Mandy and 18 weeks pregnant with my 5th baby due in September.

I am curious to know when you all felt your baby kicking, I am unsure of feeling any movemnts since with DD I though she was moving but unfortuantely she had passed away.

Congratulations on your twins arrival Earth Angel enjoy your babymoon.

Mandy

Edited by mandycandy, 22 April 2010 - 06:29 PM.

#9 cassyn

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:31 AM

hello mandy this thread has been very quiet of late. This is my 3rd and I felt some flutters at 15 weeks, but more of a definite at 20 weeks. Sorry for your previous loss, Hope all goes well this time.

Me - I will be round here heaps now as I have stopped work and bored out of my brain, cant do much of the house work due to cramping up. Really doubting that I will be able to keep my weight gain off now with not doing much. Did measure myself yesterday and have lost 5cm off my higher thigh and 3cm off lower thigh. For some reason I have grown round the stomach by something like 30cm, lol. Havent weighed myself since the week after Easter, so not sure how I am still doing on that front.

time to take kids to school.

Earth Angel - Have you got those lil ones home yet???

#10 Always amazed!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

After 11 days in special care Nursery we are home!

Family at hospital
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/eart...le/DSC03451.jpg

The girls
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/eart...le/DSC03484.jpg

Rose

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/eart...le/DSC03482.jpg
Elizabeth
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/eart...le/DSC03481.jpg

Edited by earthangle, 23 April 2010 - 02:50 PM.

#11 cassyn

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

Thanks for sharing the photos EarthAngel, What a lovely looking family!

#12 ~*Marti*~

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:30 AM

Oh, I thought I had lost this group!

Look at those gorgeous girls Earthangel, congratulations!!!

#13 ~~~nae~~x

Posted 29 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

Hi Ladies,

I hope you are all well!!

Congrats Earthangle they are beautiful!!

My work has told me that I can not legally work past 36weeks

However alot of other people i know are working up to 1-2 weeks brfore they are due.

i have a desk job  that is not stressful and I answer calls all day so it's not hard labour or dangerous.

I am just wondering if anyone else knows about the legalities of this???

#14 **MrsMummy**

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

Haven't posted in ages ..

Earthangle:  wub.gif  awwww, they are beautiful original.gif 2 girls and 2 boys, clever you Tounge1.gif

I've had my booking in appointment with midwife and also my first doctors appointment and I'm classed as "High Risk" due to my BMI but the doctor was lovely. She said she won't preach at me because she only recently started exercising since her 5 year old started full time school and she said she knows how hard it is.
My weight at booking in appointment was 115kg (15 weeks) and I was 115kg at 12 weeks with DD2. So I'm stoked that I'm the same weight starting off this pregnancy as I was last time original.gif I've decided I'll weigh myself every second appointment, so not until 21 weeks.

My ultrasound is in 12 days, I can't wait to see baby again. Hoping they have their legs open Tounge1.gif

#15 Rumply

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:08 PM

Congratulations EarthAngel, they are beautiful little girls!!

Nae - at my work we are supposed to stop at 6 weeks before the due date, however if you can provide a medical certificate from your doc or midwife stating an alternative date (ie 2 weeks beforehand) than they can let you continue working.

I got diagnosed with GD about 2 weeks ago, but I think it has really made me assess my weight issues. Since being diagnosed I have been eating really well and I don't think I have put on any more fat. I hope I can keep it up after bub is born... fingers crossed. I am surprised at how easy it is to stick to the diet though... I guess it is just a better balance... though when I don't have a baby filling up my guts and my tummy is empty I might feel the hunger a lot more.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Rumply

#16 cassyn

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:58 PM

Its very quiet in here.

I have been spending my down time cleaning up my photo collection, looking back at when DS and DD were born and comparing to what I am like now. Was sooo young and skinny with DS 9 1/2 years ago. After DD was born I have a photo of me standing next to humidy crib and I still look very pregnant, I remember being in the shower straight after she was born looking at the flab of jelly that my deflated stomach looked like. Know that it will be the same again this time. Just want to be able to lose weight afterwards and stop with all the excuses.

In really whinging mood tonight.

Hope everyone is still pregnant and going well.

#17 fooiesmum

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

Just incase anyone is interested or needs anything -

www.plusmaternity.com.au

as their names suggested - plus size maternity wear.

Nice to find some true plus sizes in Australia instead of having to look overseas.

Edited by fooiesmum, 07 May 2010 - 03:47 PM.

#18 peyow

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:01 PM

Hi there,

Hoping to join this thread?! I am 12wks tomorrow, and a lovely plus sized girl also. What are the risks that you ahve been told with being pregnant and overweight? Does it impact on having a natural birth?

Congrats to all of you that are pregnant and to Earthangel, you have 2 beautiful girls!

original.gif

Edited by peyow, 12 May 2010 - 08:01 PM.

#19 lovemycuddles

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

Hiya girls

I too am a plus sized girl, 14 weeks pg with my second bub. I have to have an amnio in 2 weeks as my 12 results came back high rick for DS sad.gif I am staying positive as it's still only a 1:228 chance which equates to less than half a per cent so surely the odds are in my favour? Still....can't help but worry. I hate how it's harder for us to see our bubs in our scans because of the extra weight, everyone else has nice clear piccies!! I lost 12.5kgs before falling pg with #2, and have already put 3kgs of that back on, I only have to look at food, and I haven't had any ms so no help there! Oh well, back on the bandwagon after #2 is born!

Peyow: I was overweight with #1 and had a completely natural delivery - no problems, so no impact for me at all.

Carly

#20 peyow

Posted 13 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

Thanks carly,

would love to have a natural birth, no induction or caesar unless is absolutely necessary.

#21 **MrsMummy**

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:13 AM

Delivery: This is my 3rd bub and I've been over weight with all my pregnancies. I was induced early with my first due to pre eclampsia and ended up with a long induction (cervix/body wasn't ready) and she was posterior but I delivered vaginally with forceps. Second time around I went into labour myself but ended up with an emergency c-section after getting to 10cm due to bub being in distress, posterior and her head wouldn't engage (37.5cm, no wonder it wouldn't engage). And this time I'm having an elective c-section.
I will say I was really fearful of a c-section because doctors like to tell you the risks involved of a c-section being over weight but I honestly had no problems at all and my wound healed really well and quickly. So if you do end up with a c-section you'll be fine original.gif

I weighed myself the other day and I've only gained 1kg and I'll be 20 weeks on Tuesday original.gif

Oh and I'm having another baby girl original.gif And everything was perfect on my scan. The scan was so clear, it's been my best one I've had with all my babies.

#22 peyow

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for your reply mrsmummy.

Hubby is worried that because i am bigger and not that fit that i may not be able to handle a natural birth. But i disagree.

#23 aussie~chicka~dee

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

Wow I just found this group and so happy I have original.gif

I was over weight with my DD 2.5yrs and still over weight this current pregnancy.

I am hoping this pregnancy ends the same way as my last.

My name is Mel and I live in Hobart.
I am due in September and am having a little boy.
I have DD whose name is Matilda original.gif

My last birth was vaginal. 10 hours all up from first pain to holding my little girl.
It went well for a natural labour. No complications besides the cord being wrapped around my little
girls neck but that was not because of my weight.

I had a pethadine injection and having the same with this bub.

would love to be apart of this group original.gif

#24 TwoLoves

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

Hi there ladies
I am very new to all this baby education and my FH and I are TTC as we speak. This topic came up in the active topics section and I just wanted to pop in and ask a question.
I have heard that you should not try and lose weight while PG. Is this true or can you still lose weight safely?? AND if so how are you losing weight safely while PG??
Sorry if this is an annoying question but I would really love some feedback. I don't eat junk food I do make my own meals every night maybe take out once a month if that. It is just my portion sizes I think that are to yummy and to big! Sweets I'm not a big fan of but I will eat a choc teddy bear after dinner with a cup of tea. It prob sounds like I should be fine but I'm not putting on any weight at the moment (I normaly put a couple of kg's on around the holidays! They don't come off easy.) I just need to do more exercise to lose it!!
Any help would be great. So is it safe and how are you doing it? Thanks for you time ladies original.gif

Edited by Peaches'n'Cream, 14 May 2010 - 03:45 PM.

#25 aussie~chicka~dee

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:55 PM

Hi Peaches n Cream -
just a quick reply to you.
I have lost weight this pregnancy and last.
This time about 7 kilos so far last was about 15 all up.

I was still eating properly.

Some doctors dont like it and others are okay as long as your still eating and bubs is growing well but they dont like dieting.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Sara James: fighting for my daughter

Sara James was a high-profile New York journalist, but it was her own daughter's story which raised the most questions.

Siblings and best of friends

I know we'll have some tense moments. I know there will be arguments. But I also know these two will always have this most beautiful bond.

In defence of mums on the phone

I know news stories always attract a range of opinions, and I know they're a place for people to have an anonymous dig in. However, I also know that this mum bashing has to stop.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Pregnancy essentials for the second and third trimesters

So you're through the first trimester of pregnancy - congratulations! Here are some tips for getting through the next six months as comfortably and happily as possible.

Coles Easter eggs recalled due to presence of tree nuts

An allergic reaction has lead to the urgent recall of a variety of Coles brand Easter eggs.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Why I love the small age gap between my kids

Six months after our son turned one, we welcomed son number two into our lives. Yes, the small age gap had been planned - and there are things I love and hate about that small gap.

Parents warned about posting kids' photos online

Parents could be putting their kids at risk by posting images and information online which give away personal details, such as where they go to school and which parks they frequent.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Mum's the word when it comes to baby news

The arrival of a baby is big news, but friends and family need to understand it is not their news to share.

What?s in your parenting toolbox?

So often as parents, we don?t really talk about our ?parenting toolboxes?. But you need to be aware of what you and your partner are working with, and to decide what does and doesn't fit in your lives.

Classroom pregnancy prank goes viral

An American college professor has had to rethink his strict rule about answering cell phones in class after being the victim of an April Fools' prank that has gone viral.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Video: Dad turns son into action movie hero

Many kids would love to be an action movie hero in real life, but very few will ever be able to see themselves in movies like these.

Toilet training in winter

There?s no need to stop thinking about toilet training just because the temperature is dropping: winter is a good a time as any to start the process.

What do you do all day?

It's the question all new mothers dread. For Kate Fridkis, it's a question that strikes to the heart of what it is to be a woman.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Video: Baby starts his day with a dance party

Few people start their day the same way this little guy does ? dancing, smiling, and generally having an awesome time.

IKEA announces bed canopy recall

IKEA has recalled its range of bed canopies designed to suspend above children?s beds following reported cases of injuries and entanglement.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.