Breastfeeding in disabled toilet
(longish, and mentions boobs often)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
347 replies to this topic

#326 nickyj

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

This is what I am talking about ....

Caprica I hope you feel like the man putting someone down about their literacy skills but I guess thats ok for you to do

It's b**ches like you that remind me why I deleted EB as a bookmark in the first place must be time to do that again I guess it is hard for you to comprehend that people can empathise with both sides

#327 ChampersGal

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:29 PM

I can't believe people still ask this question.

It's b**ches like you that remind me why I deleted EB as a bookmark in the first place must be time to do that again

Don't let the door hit your a*se on the way out.. tongue.gif

Edited by champersgal, 11 February 2010 - 04:30 PM.

#328 PurpleWitch

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

I guess it is hard for you to comprehend that people can empathise with both sides

See that's the thing. I DONT understand why there's anything to empathise with when it comes to feeding your baby.

Yeah Yeah, I'm a b**ch. Yet I'm one of the ones who leave the disabled loos for those with an ACTUAL disability.

#329 Waltzing

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:38 PM

If I say sorry again nicely will you all move along to discussing the next idiot?  original.gif How about another  original.gif ?

(Psst look I know some of you are being nice to me and all but its not helping this thread die a natural death)

#330 Melissa4444

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

I just don't understand why the disabled person can't wait. If it was an able bodied person and the loos were full we would have to 'hold on'.

I think that if a disabled person can't have some empathy for a breastfeeding mum, then it says something about their 'personality'. It is a world gone crazy with entitlements for everyone. A bit of old fashioned courtesy and commonsense of both sides would go further.

Dumb Ass.

I'm genuinely offended at this comment.  That someone is honestly too selfish or too selfish to try to imagine why perhaps a disabled person can't wait.

Besides a digestive person, have you considered how long it actually can take a disabled person to even make it to the toilet?

Having helped my mother through a humiliating situation when she was unable to get to the toilets, I honestly feel sickened by your comment.

(Waltzing - this is not directed at you.  I have large breasts (G Cup) and understand your recitence with feeding in public. But I couldn't let the comment I quoted go).

#331 jojonbeanie

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

and if some of you don't like it TOO FRICKIN BAD
And you are teaching your child this charming attitude? Poor kid.

#332 vonnegutesque

Posted 11 February 2010 - 05:40 PM

And yes I am one of those 'selfish' people who when I have my son and there are no parent facilities and he is in his pram/trolley I will use the disabled toilet as I am not going to leave him outside and if some of you don't like it TOO FRICKIN BAD

Holy sh*t. Being in possession of a shopping trolley IS NOT A DISABILITY.

What on earth is wrong with people??!?

#333 Copacetic

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:04 PM

You are all a bit loopy if you think this still about the OP. It's not. She did the wrong thing and she knows it. But some of the attitudes in this thread just defy belief. The sense of entitlement, coupled with the ignorance while all the while DEMANDING we show empathy because she's a mother? Really just incredible.

#334 mindabell

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:13 PM

If you think being a mother of two children puts you on the same level as a person with a disability - you need professional help.

#335 Melissa4444

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:20 PM

If you think being a mother of two children puts you on the same level as a person with a disability - you need professional help

Or a kick up the ass.

#336 PurpleWitch

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:23 PM

With steel caps.

#337 ChampersGal

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

I vote kick up the a*se.

#338 Melissa4444

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:25 PM

I vote kick up the a*se.

Well that's because you're all emo and a try hard. biggrin.gif

#339 ChampersGal

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:28 PM

I don't have to try hard to be emo.  cool.gif

#340 Guest_~aine~_*

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

You are all a bit loopy if you think this still about the OP. It's not. She did the wrong thing and she knows it. But some of the attitudes in this thread just defy belief. The sense of entitlement, coupled with the ignorance while all the while DEMANDING we show empathy because she's a mother? Really just incredible.

This.

Plus everything Sarita said.

Oh, and OP, I'm going to need a visual on a set of (.)(.) that can't fit in a normal cubicle.  

#341 Wut??

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hey, it was a small cubicle.

#342 weekendsrule

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:44 PM

God help you if you park in one of their parents with prams spots.
Don't jest - I got a b**chy note left on my windscreen a few weeks ago.  A foot from my disability parking permit.  It still astounds me.

Seconding Sarita for being sensible and Caprica for being funny biggrin.gif

#343 applesNoranges

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:36 PM

If you think being a mother of two children puts you on the same level as a person with a disability - you need professional help

Or perhaps spend a day in a wheelchair, go shopping and need to go to the toilet.

#344 minich

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:39 PM

I can't believe I stayed up half the night and came back after work to finish reading this post. I know I really shouldn't keep this thread going but after all this I have learnt:
1 - Thank God I don't have huge boobs. I never realised how hard it must be for those who do to BF.
2 - Sarita & others thank you for opening my eyes to how hard life must be for those with disabilities and those who care for them.
3 - EB is more entertaining than day time soaps.  laugh.gif

#345 not-surprised

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:11 PM

This is a joke right?

rather guiltily snuck out, checking the coast was clear in case I was accosted by a very p*ssed-off legitimately disabled person dying to use the toilet.

WDYT? Is it really selfish to use the only disabled loo for the rather long time it takes to feed my baby?

Derr YES! An incontinent person and their carer might have needed that space to change their continence pants. A person using a wheelchair could have p*ssed themselves in public due to not being able to make it to another toilet. How would you like sitting in your own soiled clothes for as long as it takes you to get home, including perhaps using public transport, or a taxi, or having to get into your car in pi$$-soaked clothes?? My DH is at risk of life-threatening complications from an overfull bladder. Would you rather we had to call an ambulance when he had a stroke just so that you can BF your baby without the whole world being exposed to your large breasts? I'm sorry, but most people have other things to do than bother gawking at someone BFing no matter how impressive their rack!

Not to mention the fact that I can think of more hygienic places to occupy your 3yo sick.gif while giving bubs a BF...

And I am amazed at the number of early responders (didn't read the whole thread) who thought what you were doing was absolutely justified.

Steph

#346 Acidulous Osprey

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:30 PM

Steph!  You're sounding like you don't have any empathy!  It is v important to have empathy or otherwise people just see you as a nasty unempathetic cow who just doesn't understand how hard it is to bf a baby.

#347 not-surprised

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

waves.gif Hey which bit of EB is Team Nasty Cow hiding out on because I think I need to head over there. laughing2.gif

Seriously the thought of sitting on a toilet to BF makes me want to vomit. Not to mention those disgusting air spray thingies would be going off at regular intervals sick.gif sick.gif

Steph

#348 Acidulous Osprey

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

Yeah the bfing in a toilet, especially a disability toilet being seen as a reasonable choice has really shocked me.  I know what happens in those toilets and there is no way I would consider them to be sanitary.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.