#2 mickeymouse

Posted 18 January 2010 - 09:42 PM

waves.gif Hiiii
GOLD Tounge1.gif

xxx

#3 mummamia02

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:16 AM

silver!!

hi everyone, wow Michelle Boyd starts school, such a special time for you.  What state are you in?
hope you are feeling OK.

We just passed the 7th anniversary of DH's mums passing.  Can't believe 7 years has gone by.  She was only 55, didn't get to know her grandkiddies, but I'm sure she is looking down and admiring them now.

How is everyone?  Only a week until school's back for us, which means I'll be back in work mode, I prefer holiday mode!

take care wink.gif

#4 keanealicia

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:11 PM

Hi there! Kids have just got out of their pjs at 2pm! What's the point it ask???? NONE! kee hee!
Back to school and routine on 28/01/10.....oh well...
Just got back from dromana, stayed in a caravan park and loved it...Wish i was back there! In 4 wks i will be going to Port Douglas..can't wait! staying at ...

www.plantationreosrt.com.au  Hope it's ok...got some good reports from trip advisor....Nice pool, dinner area pizzas and games room... A little out of port Douglas but we are hiring a car.

Michelle...yes it is hard to believe the 22/12 came around so quickly for you...
Lis- yes routine sucks!
Caz and Nom hoep you are going ok...

#5 mummamia02

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

oh u lucky duck, Port Douglas Alicia, i'm jealous.  We went up there a few years ago for a friends wedding, lovely spot.

#6 keanealicia

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:39 PM

yes i can't wait for that one!

#7 Nom2

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:03 PM

Hi girls,

Just poking my head in and seeing how everyone is....Bec and Aaron are doing ok - we had a beautiful funeral for Morrison and a baloon releasing with the kids which was special.  She came over tonight and just looking at her eyes wants to make you cry.  She said all she wants to do is lay around and eat and I can totally understand that....Her dh is in a different place though and wants to do things to help pass the time...I constantly talk about Morrison to her and ask her all the questions others are avoiding - I'm hoping and praying this is the right thing to do.  Thanks for all you thoughts...

Lis - oh no back to school so fast.  Cohen is also starting prep this year and I've just got him all organised - he is so tiny though!  Are you still only working part-time?

Alicia - we spent part of our honeymoon is Port Douglas which is just beautiful.  Don't be afraid to explore the Daintree by car - you don't need a 4wd - just paradise up there.  I can't wait til the kids are older and we can take them on holidays like that - camping is so much fun!

Hi to Caz and all the other lurkers....hope all is well.

#8 keanealicia

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:29 AM

Nom- you are being very supportive as a sister and mentioning his name def helps. All you can say is that you are there for her as everyone goes through it differently at different times.
As for Port Douglas we are just staying in a villa, so not real campling! We are doing that at the end of this year over a long weekend in VIC, well still with power and amenities! I have been there before with a girlfriend a few years back and loved it! We took a mini moke up north to the wineries and did heaps of stuff including scuba diving and snorkeling with the turtles! As my dh has not been there, he will have a great time. Last time he went to the great barrier reef which was about 15 years ago with some mates EVERYTHING got cancelled due to rain etc. So hopefully it will be ok!
I just wonder what are some good day cruises to go to one of the islands?

#9 mummamia02

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

hi everyone!  How are we all surviving for first week of school?
Mia started her new school, very proud of her, so far so good.  jack starts kindy on Monday with me next week, now that should be interesting!

Nom, saw your pics of Cohen on FB, how gorgeous!  so exciting the first days of prep, special.
Sounds like you are truly there for your sister, and that's all you can do really hey.  must be heartbreaking for you to watch her in so much pain, hope things get a bit easier as time goes on.

Alicia, can't think of a particular cruise, although we did do a day trip out to an island, which was good for little kids, jack was a bub and mia was 2, and you could snorkle off the island, so DH and I just took turns minding the kids on the island, while the other snorkled.  Funny too, you had to wear these ridiculous looking stinger suits!  Sorry can't remember what cruise it was though, but it was fun!

Hi caz and michelle too!

bye for now biggrin.gif

#10 keanealicia

Posted 31 January 2010 - 10:12 PM

lis - i was thinking half day as TIana still has sleeps for the cruise, but i suppose you have heaps to do, she won't think about the time! Yes, those sexy stinger suits are just awesome NOT! Nathan started back thursday most schools start tomorrow in melb. He loves it, grade three but now starts the homework...

Does anyone watch the tennis? If so, what did you think of the match between fed/murray?
I saw the last set. I have not seen Murray before but i think he had a lot of pressure on him and he got really emotional at the end. He seemed really hard on himself to the point that he got pee'd off maybe? When he won a few points at the end he seemed to have a huge ego or maybe it was just how i saw him. He might have a better prersonality than i am thinking now. I don't know whether he was entirely gracious about taking the plate, but his speech was nice....
I suppose you don't know what goes on behind the scenes....

How was everyone's weekend?
blake starts kinder(4yr old) tomorrow) He turns 5 on the 5th, nathan turns 9 on the 8th.....

#11 keanealicia

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:55 AM

Blake lost his first tooth yesterday so he got paid $2 this morning instead of $1 as it is his 5th birthday! How they grow!

Just on another note...I saw my kids the other day all running around in a circle laughing as they chased each other and i broke down because i knew there should have been one more doing that.... cry1.gif I just have my moments, not all the time

#12 mickeymouse

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:01 PM

Alicia,

I know how you feel.... I look at my two somedays and wish so much that the three of them were together. To have a 5yo a 3yo and a 1yo would be fantastic... adn then I feel guilty because I dont know if we would have Bianca - would we have waited a little longer if Ash had lived?
Then I feel more guilty because I have two happy healthy kids... and it goes on and on.
There are just those days where you wish it werent so - even though you do come to a place of acceptance that it has happened... that you're little one isnt here anymore - there is nothing wrong with wishing it werent true - even if its 10, 20 or 30 years later. As long as it isnt all consuming...

Boyd is loving school, I am so happy with the school so far, I feel very right in my choice. Its going to be a sacrifice (midrange private) but worth it...

Oh Congrats to Blake for loosing his tooth - and just before turning 5 ohmy.gif Boyds teeth are all hanging in tough. going to be a while I think, though he does complain of some soreness everyso often, so there might be movement.

I am at work, but just wanted to reply....

Thinking of you all

x

#13 mummamia02

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

hi guys,

Michelle just love your sig, Boyd looks so grown up, how gorgeous!
Jack started kindy with me, and it is all going really well.  He is being very obedient too, which is very helpful!  
Mia is enjoying her new school, even made some new little friends, I think she will thrive in this smaller school.

Just got back from my brothers wedding in Melbourne on the weekend, had an absolute ball.  Best part was leaving the kids with a babysitter, while we went and partied!  We stayed in a hotel room, which was part of the hotel the reception was at, so didn't even have to drive at all.  Had the best time, we don't get a break from the kids very often, so it felt like a real treat!

Hope everyone is going along OK!

#14 keanealicia

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:44 AM

Lis - wow your family are growing up! Sometimes a smaller school can help...wish our classes were smaller sometimes. We have 28, same as last yr.
BTW It must be the month of losing teeth near birthdays, because Nathan didn't lose one, he lost two last night! Wow that is a pretty good effort!

I hope cyclones don't happen when we go to Cairns next wk or storms all the time b/c dh went to great keppel island about 15 yrs ago and he said it was the cancelled activities island as it either got rained out or it was too cloudy in the water! Fingers crossed! Lis, you'd know a little more about the weather in qld and storms pls enlighten me!

Hi to everone!

#15 mummamia02

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:01 AM

You probably will get rain and storms alicia, as it is wet season in feb and march.  It is usually wetter up north too, but hopefully it will just be evening storms, fingers crossed for you!
Weather is very different up there to here, it is much further away!  Same distance as here to Melbourne nearly.

Have a great weekend everyone!

#16 keanealicia

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

Hi there!
It's been a while...I am back from holidays and gee we had a good time. Getting back to reality is very difficult. you kind of forget how much you do!

We had a few storms while we were there, pelted down on Green Island at one point but nothing too major. We did karanda and sky rail - awesome on the sky rail. Karanda village was good too!We went to Port Douglas market and we also went to daintree village and mossman gorge. We swam everyday and had a ball! I didn't cook once! Unbelievable!

It was funny though, there were a lot of Chinese people who were having holidays for chinese new year and they couldn't stop taking photos of Tiana! It was due to here cuteness ha ha but also b/c of her really blonde hair and blue eyes. Actually at one point on the island a man picked her up and started dancing with her. Stu got worried but i just said nope, the wife has already taken a bunch of photos..they just think Tiana is unusual! Actually stu the whole boat does!

We got back from the island soaked and then got into one of those semi subs and that was great! Tiana kept saying, " big fish WOW" "more big fish" I think she was the loudest on board!

As for today we had a family birthday party for the triple treats - Nathan 9 , Blake 5 and Tiana almost 2....phew lots of work but now i don't have to worry about any more for the year!

So what's been happening in your neck of the woods???????

#17 mickeymouse

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:20 PM

Sounds like you had a great time Alicia!

As for us... well, Boyds doing well at school, Bianca is going along really well, Nick and I are going better. Uni is going really well and I am really enjoying it.

Thats about it really! laughing2.gif

Good to see you back and happy Alicia

xx

#18 keanealicia

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:42 AM

Michelle - you sound like everything is going well as well. I have forgotten what you are studying again...
It is good that Boyd is going well at school as parents tend to relax when all is well on that front.

Edited by keanealicia, 01 March 2010 - 10:43 AM.

#19 mickeymouse

Posted 01 March 2010 - 12:33 PM

Im doing a Bachelor of Applied Fiance/Commerce.... in the end I will be an accountant *yippee* wink.gif It doesnt sound exciting, but its a safe choice for my familys future.

I did Intro to Law over the summer and got a High Distinction biggrin.gif Very happy about that. If I can bring myself to do it, I might do a post grad law degree - if I am an accountant with a law degree it opens even more doors, perhaps into politics... who knows!

Am at work ninja.gif ! Better go,

x

#20 keanealicia

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:35 PM

Michelle - it won't be boring at all when at tax time everyone loves you and the $$$$'s roll in! Good on you for attempting something as good as that and looking to the future! It sounds like you have real focus!

#21 Nom2

Posted 03 March 2010 - 07:52 PM

Hi girls,

Michelle - accountants aren't boring - I am one!!! (he,he!).  I did Finance at uni too - but I only ever managed one HD - good on you!  I really admire you studying while having a family - that's a real balancing act.  I finished my CPA while I was working full-time and I found that really hard!  I look back now and wonder if all that study was actually worth it!  I guess I used my degree working full-time for 10 years and I definately wouldn't have gotten the job without it.  Glad to hear all is well with Nick and the kids.

Alicia - sounds like you guys had a fantastic time!  We also get that with asians wanted to take photos of the kids (especially at dreamworld!).  Not cooking is such a pleasure hey!  Are you still doing personal training??

Lis - glad you had a good time at the wedding!  Wow leaving the kids for the weekend sounds great - we haven't done that yet!  Hope you're settling into your house ok.

Us - we're good.  I am tired this week!  I have been trying to lose those last few extra kg's of baby fat!  Been going to the gym and eating good.  Only 3 more kgs to go!  My boobs are never going back to normal though - I'm only feeding Layla one feed a day now so nearly weaned her.  Oh she turned 1 the other day and we had a huge party!!  I can't believe that year has gone so quickly!

Well take care,

#22 mummamia02

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:29 AM

hi ladies!

Sounds like a magical holiday alicia, and you really got to relax too!  That's funny about Tiana and the photos, we had the same thing happen with Mia when we were there, except they were japanese.  They kept taking photos of her on the beach, she was only 2, a real blondey, big blue eyes and white skin, they coudln't get enough of her, it was funny.

Wow Michelle, you are doing so well studying with young kids, and working, you must be very busy!  I remember studying my fourth year, I had mia as a baby, working, and was organising a wedding all at once, I don't think I'lll go down that path again!  I'm not really the studying type, I find it hard to get motivated and do all that reading!

Well done Nom on your weight loss, I am still struggling 4 years on after having jack with mine, still overweight, I just love food too much, and detest exercise, not very helpful for weightloss!

Have been really busy lately, I am tired, but that's life eh.  House is going well, but not really excited about the interest rate hikes.   Jack is being a good boy at kindy with me, i feel very fortunate to have him with me this year, before he heads off to school next year.

Other than that, not a lot happening here, we just are having lots and lots of rain,

take care

#23 keanealicia

Posted 13 March 2010 - 03:05 PM

Just saying hi! Tiana turned 2 yesterday and she had a ball...bit sooky today..not sure if it is due to the big day or just coming down with something...mmm

#24 mummamia02

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:30 AM

Happy Birthday to Tiana!  wow, 2, where did that time go alicia???? biggrin.gif

#25 keanealicia

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:08 PM

It's pretty scarey how they all grow up so quickly!

I can't believe it is the last week of term 1 for us as well! Easter round the corner..Time for the Easter Bunny to do some shopping!

Last year there were so many Easter eggs with the relatives saying oh it's only one egg(yes a big bunny or whatever) but when all the bunnies and chockies were lined up we had enough for a mini shop! What can i say to them any ideas?

Today i have been cleaning my bedroom oh what joy! It looked like a jumble sale! Clothes everywhere(mostly clean!) and stuff that i had to sort out! It is some what ok now, but still not there yet...Sometimes you just look at rooms and say,"where do i start from?" Isn't that right caz?

Anyway, better make use of this time before i get the other two from creche!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win a Springfree Trampoline!

Click now for your chance to WIN a Springfree Trampoline (R54 Compact Round) plus Australia-wide delivery ? valued up to $1774!

Midwife's hand inside birth canal for 90 minutes saves baby's life

Baby Emelia's arrival into the world wasn't exactly smooth sailing.

Melbourne - get your FREE tickets!

Register now for your free ticket (valued at $20) for the Melbourne Essential Baby & Toddler Show, presented by Blackmores.

It's really hard work, baby, but still worth it

You are over it and you want to know, is this all worth it?

Vitamin K injections: what you need to know

Why do babies need vitamin K after birth? Here's what you need to know.

Mum's emotional letter on last day of maternity leave

A heartfelt letter from a mum to her nine-week-old son has a struck a chord with working mothers everywhere.

What I learnt after having six miscarriages

Experiencing recurrent miscarriage is like entering an endless dark tunnel. Once you enter that tunnel it is a fight from start to finish

Recall issued for popular brand of baby biscuits

You will want to check your cupboard and give these the flick, after a recall was issued this week.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

See Pinky McKay live - for FREE

Pinky will be speaking daily at the Essential Baby & Toddler Show, Melbourne, 28-30 April. Free tickets now!

Last chance for free tickets

See Pinky McKay live - for FREE

Pinky will be speaking daily at the Essential Baby & Toddler Show, Melbourne, 28-30 April. Free tickets now!

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.