Congrats Cass
Good luck Mell with testing.

Bye, gotta go have lunch!

#4 seepi

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:18 PM

b  r  o  n  z  e

#5 MotherClucker

Posted 03 January 2010 - 01:23 PM

Hugest congratulations Cass xx Do you guys have names picked out?

Nothing new here. Same old roll2.gif
Rach I am hoping to be up your way in a few weeks. We went to Billabongs for lunch on the 23rd and then to Maitland Park, the one with the pool next to it. The kids had a blast so might try the pool next time!

#6 Surprise#4

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:14 PM

Shan - Billabongs is about 2 mins from my house.. wink.gif  Definitely let me know when you are here next and we can meet up. Maitland park is awesome isn't it.

BBL - dinner ready to be served (yummy silverside and vegies!)

#7 laraq75

Posted 03 January 2010 - 06:33 PM

Rach - I thought you were going to QLD this week? did you not go?

#8 Guest_philbysgirl_*

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:02 PM

Hello Junies,

A huge Congrats to Cass, how exciting! biggrin.gif

Rach
I watched that 16 & pregnant show, they had every episode and the reunion show in one afternoon here. I admit I bawled my eyes out when the last couple adopted out their daughter, they were so strong!

Our family is on holidays ATM, staying at the house where DH and I were married. wub.gif   Kids are enjoying the getaway.
We are returning home on Friday, and have both kids booked in for intensive swimming lessons for the next two weeks after that.  We will also be working hard to get our garden cleaned up as we host a BIG Australia Day BBQ at our house each year.
2009 was a good year for us.  With me going back to studying and me taking the time to go walking for 1-2 hours a night with my dog, mum and sister 4-5 nights a week I feel happy and relaxed.  Of course finacially it is hard with me not working and both of our cars dying (at this stage we have only replaced one of them so still need to find another), however money doesn't buy happiness and I feel so content with where we are in life.  My returning to study is better for our future.
DS finished his first year of school (prep), he loved it and did so well.  I was amazed at how quickly he went from reading simple words like it, sit, fit, bit, at, sat, bat, rat etc. to reading about ten chapter books this year. tthumbs.gif
DD is VERY excited about starting 3 year old kinder this year, and it will be cute to see her make friends of her own, instead of DS' friends younger siblings  that are all 6 months older or younger and therefore wont be in the same kinder then school year as her.
We had an enjoyable New Year's Eve at a friend's house enjoying champagne & a yummy BBQ, and could see the fireworks from their backyard that overlooked the river.  Both kids stayed up til midnight and slept til 9 AM which was awesome.

#9 ~gemma~

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:10 AM

Ok so i cant remeber if i already said it but a bit late i know

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and i may as well say Happy Easter seeing there is friggan Easter eggs out already rant.gif

Congratulations Cass, how exciting.

#10 Surprise#4

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:16 PM

oomg.gif Leah I bawled my eyes out with that adoption story too. I couldn't believe their parents lack of support.  The two kids were so strong and it was such a completely self less decision to give their daughter a better life. The couple that adopted her were lovely.

Lara - We were supposed to be going on hols but of course it didn't happen... sad.gif  I am not impressed but hey what can i do?  I am planning a holiday in October - probably camping at coffs or Forster.  The EA Active is awesome. I highly recommend it. It is only 30 mins 4 times per week - so is doable. I like that is not every day! original.gif  

Mell - Good Luck with the testing.

Okey better go. Tomorrow is daycare day so DH & I are going to clean our house top to bottom and clean out the spare room, as my sis is arriving next Wed for a week. It sucks cause I will be working Wed, thurs, Fri, Mon, Tues, Wed when she is here, but we will have the nights and of course the weekend.

#11 NessNess

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:28 AM

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great xmas and new years. Hard to believe our June Bugs turn 4 this year ohmy.gif

#12 C.C.S.

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:13 AM

Hey ladies!

Hope everyone has a fantastic 2010!

We have just bought a Prado so we can get out and about having fun as a family a bit more - camping & 4x4ing.  Should be good.

Chayse is good, some good tanties happening but other than that is progressing well.

Seth is good, we hve a scan in two weeks to see how the hips are going - hoping we can be harness free after that!

I'm heading back to work at the end of Feb so will be madly trying to things back in order here (after xmas period) and get a routine in place that we can follow.

Chat soon.
char

#13 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:32 PM

Girls,

One of our mums - Kate (Cake) that used to post with us a long time ago has just tragically lost her DD Olivia in a car accident.

http://thesixofus.wordpress.com/

Kate - if you still read in here, I am so terribly sorry for the loss of your beautiful Olivia.  I hope your sister manages to pull through safely and I send love and strength from my family to yours.

I am so so sorry.

Edited by ~LilOlFrankie~, 08 January 2010 - 08:49 PM.

#14 MotherClucker

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:16 PM

Kate I am so very sorry for your loss sad.gifsad.gif She was just beautiful

#15 Surprise#4

Posted 09 January 2010 - 06:28 AM

I know Kate and have met beautiful Liv. It is such a tragedy, and I am sitting here crying after reading Kate's blog.    

Kate - May god give you, Matt, Bailey, Dayne and Hannah (and your SIL) the strength to carry on over the next few weeks and months.   I am here if you need anything.. please let me know.

xxoxox

#16 4littlebirds

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

I am just devastated for Kate and her family, what a terrible thing to have happened. It's just heartbreaking.

#17 MRT

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:15 PM

OMG I cant' believe the news. I am so sorry Kate and family for your loss, words are very inadequate at this time but if you do read here please know that we are thinking of you.

Thanks Rose for letting us know

#18 laraq75

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:54 AM

Kate - I am so very sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine the pain in your heart at this time.

#19 Guest_philbysgirl_*

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

sad.gif  How sad, I am so sorry this is happening to your family Kate(Cake), so very tragic... sad.gif

#20 friendly68

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:53 PM

What sad news.  Condolences to your family Kate on the loss of your beautiful daughter Olivia.  sad.gif

Edited by friendly68, 11 January 2010 - 09:53 PM.

#21 laraq75

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:46 AM

Hi girls,

I think it is time we rekindle the love in Junies.  It has been so quiet in here lately.

So what has everybody been up to?

hugs

Lara

#22 ~gemma~

Posted 15 January 2010 - 11:51 AM

updated pic of my lil man

Daycare started back this week, thank heavens, i was going nuts!! Been having some nice time with just Tahlia and Kaity before Tahlia starts school, next week im taking her and Kaity to the movies to see the princess and the frog.

Not sure if i mentioned it or not, but Kaity met her big sister and A's ex-wife is just awesome! That meeting sparked contact from A telling me to stay away from his only daughter, and threatening me.

I dont want to be here, in this house. Clearly Kevin hasnt changed much, in regards to trying to control where i am, and for how long.

I have been to the police about A much to Kevins disgust, he thinks i should just worry about myself and my kids and not him or his ex-wife, but ummm, hello, dude the guy knows where i live and has told me that "it would be a shame if something was to happen, and that this(beating up ex wifes new BF) is just the beginning". Police wont do diddly squat though because his threats are through FB and not written on paper, or my email(so email and FB are different in what way exactly??)

Kids driving me up the wall, pretty sure i mentioned that though!

Dont know if i mentioned this either, but my niece who was with me at Kaitlyns birth is pregnant. She is 17(will be 18 when bub arrives) so i big shock, but i knew it would eventually happen. Her BF and his family are there for her, as is myself and her dad. She is yet to tell her Nan(who she lives with) or her mother.

My brother and his fiance are getting married in May, so hopefully i can attend(in NZ). I guess they will be TTC again soon and hopefully this is their time.

I think thats it. Will BBL if i remember something else original.gif

Edited by ~gemma~, 15 January 2010 - 12:06 PM.

#23 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:16 PM

waves.gif Junies,

My girls this morning:

I think it is time we rekindle the love in Junies. It has been so quiet in here lately.

Well get started then!  biggrin.gif

What are everyone's plans for 2010?

I have DS starting high school in a couple of weeks.  I hope to get a part time job soon, preferably evenings or weekends although for the right job, I would put the girls in childcare during the week.  I AM going to lose weight and get buff this year, no ifs, ands or buts about it, i'm going to have a FULL FAMILY portrait this year at xmas time and I want to look beautiful!!!!

I'm going to get everyone into a routine, well except maybe DP, he seems to be my routine disruptor.  I'm starting with ALL children in bed by 8pm, as it's the only way I get any time to myself.  I also need to work on housework and meal planning.  I need to do these things so I have time to take care of myself, everything I need or want is being swallowed up in someone else always wanting or needing something.  I look and feel old and haggidy and i'm only 32 FGS!!!!

We didn't end up going to Adelaide at Xmas time, so i'm thinking we will try for June/July before the school holidays so we can have a more relaxed trip, ie not caught up in xmas rush or school holiday rush.

BBS - gotta check my chook, i'm perfecting my chook cooking skills so I can try a turkey lol

#24 *~*Kitty*~*

Posted 15 January 2010 - 12:24 PM

ETA:  Just rejoined with Creative Memories (scrapbooking) if anyone is interested!

#25 MRT

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

Ok so we are rekindling the love - great idea biggrin.gif

Well Zoe went back to Day care this week so I've had a nice 3 day of doing what I want. She was well and truely ready to go back to as she's been asking when she'll see her friends again. On Monday I went through her room and did a big clean out. Didn't get rid of many toys but I sorted out a heap of her clothes and also took out some of the baby stuff we still had in the top of her wardrobe and put it in the spare room. I also cleaned out my cupboards of things I no longer wear (and made room for new stuff!). Wednesday I had to pick my dad up from the bus and drop him at Royal Adelaide Golf Course so I called into Harbour Town on the way home and bought myself a new work suit which came with a free shirt so now i have a new suit and shoes to wear on my return to work on Monday.

Yesterday I went to gym then had my nails done, my eyebrows waxed and made sausage rolls and home made pasta.

Today we've been to the beach with friends until 1 pm and later this afternoon I will go and catch up with some other friends for drinks.

Back to work on Monday which I am ok about, I'm keen to get the family back into our usual routine.

What are everyone's plans for 2010?
I'm not normally one for new years resolutions but I do have a few things I want to achieve in 2010. By the end of February I will have reached my goal weight - only 4 kgs to go! To do this I need to go back to work and stop eating all day biggrin.gif

2010 is the year the house is finally going to have all the work finished that DH has given up on. So I need a tiler, a plasterer, a gas plumber and an electrician and I need to learn how to garden! I am hopeless at organising such things but clearly DH never is so I'll do it! Also want to get the front yard looking respectable again.

And the other thing I'd like to achieve is a better work life balance. I think my new Executive Assistant role will actually help me to do this because my new boss doesn't appear to be the sort of person who judges you by how long you spend in the office. Having the last few weeks off has taught me that a lot of the problems we have in the evening could easily be fixed if I just got home from work earlier (and DH helped a bit more but I need to realise I should only concentrate on the things I can truely fix!) so I'm going to try to take advantage of the days things are not so busy and leave work at 5 pm instead of feeling like I *should* always stay until 5.30. I'm also going to dress more professionally for work, not that I dress badly but I think people respect you more if you dress well and that way it's easier to bluff them if you don't know what you are doing!!!

Next.......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Mums reveal their nappy bag essentials

Ever wondered what other mums carry in their nappy bags? We have, so we asked mums to tell us their must-have nappy bag items.

Toddler died because he wasn't given antibiotics soon enough

A 15-month-old boy would almost certainly be alive today if doctors had given him antibiotics sooner, a coroner has ruled.

VIDEO: moment a toddler falls on to train tracks in Melbourne

Shocking footage has emerged capturing the moment a pram carrying a toddler rolled off a platform and onto train tracks in suburban Melbourne.

Sold on natural birth? Read the fine print

In the excitement and anticipation of a first pregnancy, I ignored the fine print: some women, some of the time.

Child with alcoholic mum who drank while pregnant won't win pay-out

A young child is not entitled to criminal injuries compensation after her mother drank excessively while pregnant.

Superbugs killing India's babies, posing wider threat

A deadly epidemic that could have global implications is quietly sweeping India, tens of thousands of newborns dying because antibiotics no longer work.

Can you teach a toddler to sleep in?

Parents share their tips on getting their early risers to sleep in, even for just a little bit longer.

Keeping your relationship on track as new parents

About 70 per cent of couples experience a slump in their relationship within three years of having a baby. Here's how we tried to get back on track.

America's favourite baby names of 2014

Americans are turning to television, Netflix and sports for ideas for what to name their wee ones.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.