70 replies to this topic

#1 catalyst

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:56 AM

New thread time ladies.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=739206

#2 bec8112

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:07 AM

GOLD!!!

No time at the moment, will try and come back later!

#3 aims79

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:40 AM

SILVER!!

Have a minute as Jenaya is asleep and I don't want to do my housework!

Will have a quick read of last thread and come back original.gif

#4 aims79

Posted 01 December 2009 - 11:47 AM

Annika - hope you have a great time in Perth catching up with friends etc.

Teeth - Jenaya only got her first tooth at 10 1/2 months, she now has 4 teeth (front top and bottom) and has always been fine with chunky food. we did hand held food from the start and she could get every kernel off a corn on the cob (well cooked) with no teeth at all. Each child is different and I guess a lot to do with what they are used to. These days she loves anything with rice off a spoon and will happily eat pasta, pizza, sandwiches etc with her hands. she also loves picking up tiny food, frozen peas and corn are fun and healthy.

Hi everyone else original.gif

#5 Small Potatoes

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:17 PM

Quick post to catch the thread.

DH is off at the counsellor ATM so will be interesting to see what happens, if he is comfortable telling me.  Boys are eating sausage (GF) of course.  

BBL

#6 bec8112

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:37 PM

Mands - fingers crossed DH goes well and chats heaps then will tell you how it goes.

Amy - hi!  Yeah Ethan loves peas and corn as finger food!  Do you make your own pizza?  I have been meaning to try Ethan on pizza but have not had any time to make it.  Maybe when we move and I have more time.

Hi to everyone else!

#7 Fabulous

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hello all,

Not much happening here. Just went to playgroup this morning and then food shopping. What's everybody getting their kiddies for xmas? I saw some small little people vehicle sets at the shop for $10 so I bought one of them and yesterday I saw some duplo cars at a bargain price so I got one. Jack's probably a bit young for the duplo but he will use it in the future and we really don't need anymore baby/toddler toys. Not sure what the other kids are getting. The girls want Nintendo DSI's but I think they have buckleys chance of DH agreeing to that. We don't do any adult presents.

Mands- what does GF food taste like? I imagine you have to pay more?

#8 bec8112

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:56 PM

Hi all!

Busy day at work and I am so tired.

Going to take Ethan to the GP tomorrow as he is not better and still getting slight temps.  I am so over his sickness all the time.

#9 Alis Volat Propiis

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:54 PM

Hi everyone.

Bec - I hope that Ethans illness isnt anything too serious. I hope you get some rest and respite also. How are you feeling with this pg honey?

Mands - I hope your DH spoke to you about his session, or at least lets you in a little bit. Did i read on FB that he is flying today also? Did the boys like their sausages?

Ros - I love getting N stuff when it is on sale! She is loving her megablocks stuff that she got for her birthday. She has a dump truck and other things that all go together.

AmyO - N has 8 teeth. Four up and four down and has had these for months now! I am waiting on some more but no signs of them yet. N is funny with food texture. She will feed herself sandwhiches, fruits, biscuits, veges etc but if a stew/pasta is too lumpy she spits the lumps out. She is still on reasonably mashed foods, not pureed but soft with lumps. I suppose she will grow out of it.

Mel - is the girls weekend away going ahead? Are things alright with T? How are you sweets?

Us - I am increasing my hours at work to do 4 days a week. Just for a few months to save some money. I want to have a year off with this bub if i can. We are painting the second room in the house now. Slowly slowly it is getting done. As for the pg, well everything seems to be ok. I have occassional nausea... any time of the day, and am quite tired. Not many other pg symptoms though. I did another HPT just to be sure and it come up instantly. I had my bloods done on monday and will see what my HCG is from that. I will probably have the nuchal fold scan due to my age so will get to see bub in 5 weeks or so.

Take care, I hope to be back soon.

Sharna

#10 bec8112

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:22 AM

Sharna - that is great you are working a bit more to save some money, I think I will go back to work part time again when next bub is 6 months or so.  I quiet enjoy going to work and the kids grandparents love the chance to look after the kids one day a week each.  I am getting some nausea aswell and it seems to come any time of the day aswell.

We move in a week and 2 days! So excited!  But not enjoying the packing and really not looking forward to the cleaning part.  We got some quotes for bond cleaners and they want to charge $450-$500 and then we would have to pay for carpet cleaning and pest control!  No way we want to spend that kind of money on cleaners.

Xmas presents for Ethan - We have got him 2 books ( one aussie christmas and the very hungry caterpillar book set with toy ), some clothes and probably get him one more thing but not sure yet. Maybe some pool toys seeing as though we will have a pool!

Better go and do some more packing and then off to the GP at 11.40am.

Hi to everyone.

#11 aims79

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:34 PM

Mands - how did DH go with Counselling?

Bec - yep, I make my own pizza, but J also loves take away pizza, we have a great little Italian pizza place not far from us which we visit every few weeks, probably a bit too salty for her little body, but very yummy. This week was homemade with bought bases. I put spinach, chicken, mushroom, onion, pizza sauce and cheese. She picks off the toppings in her order of preference the chews on the base original.gif

Ros - I bought Jenaya a little music box for Christmas, its a wooden box with a wind-up on the bottom and two little ladybirds that move across the top as the music plays. I'm also on the look out for some magnetic toys for her room as she has the side of a four drawer filing cabinet and loves the couple of magnetic toys she has on there. She is getting a box of duplo from great Grandma, a long sleeved, long leg swimsuit from Nana, an outing to the aquatic centre with my side of the family from Grandma and Pa, a drum/tambourine thing from aunts and uncles on my side and a fairy dress and silver shoes from DH's sister. Probably an odd thing here or there that I buy between now and then... I might get her a water toy of some kind, a floaty ring or something.

Sharna - sorry you feel you need to do the extra work now, but if it will give you more time later thats good.

I have little Sarah here this afternoon and both she and J are asleep so I should lie down too.

Aims

#12 themelster

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:53 PM

Hello ladies,

Chrissy pressies - I'll probably get T some duplo.  I think he would enjoy playing with that.  And some books.  I'm a bit naughty and am always buying him stuff....  I recently bought him a little blow up pool that sits on our deck.  It was great in the hot weather recently.

Teeth - Tom has 7 teeth.  4 up the top and 3 down the bottom.  I've no idea on where the 4th bottom one is!

Bec - Yes, the bond cleaners really see you coming.  I hope the real estate agent doesn't rip you off either.  The last time we rented a place we scrubbed it and they still found fault and told us they had to get "their own cleaners" in and then they stung us for $300.  The place wasn't even clean when we moved in.  I wasn't happy.  I'm so glad not to rent anymore.  I bet you can't wait to move into your own place!  Not sure if anyone has told you - but the photo shoot is at Ashgrove on the 15th December at 8.30am.  How is Ethan too?

Sharna - I hope going back to work 4 days a week doesn't put too much of a strain on your chick.  

Aims - that christmas box sounds lovely.  As does the fairy dress!  No doubt when T gets older I'll have to do the old "super hero" costumes!   rolleyes.gif

Mands - any news on how DH went at the counsellor?

Not much happening here.  I bought some herbs and a pot to plant them all on my deck this morning.  T is sleeping at the moment so we will do it together when he wakes up.

#13 bec8112

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:22 PM

Aims - that pizza sounds so yummy!

Mel - have fun potting the herbs, we used to have herbs in a pot but the dog kept eating them!  That date is no good for me in Ashgrove as I work on Tuesday and I will have only just moved so bound to be getting unpacked and settled.

Update on Ethan - GP said throat a little red, ears ok, chest ok. Temp still high so just have to continue with panadol and nurofen ( alternating ) every 4 hours.  She thinks it is viral, and if not improved by Monday to go back.  I hope that it is better by then and I have my happy little man back.

#14 Small Potatoes

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

Bec hope Ethan gets better quickly.  It is very worrying.  How exciting abut the house.  Our lnad settles on the 7th of December, but unless we want to camp we won't be moving anytime soon.  Pitty you can't make it to Ashgrove on the Tuesday.  I got a GF pizza dough mix the other day, but haven't tried it yet.

Mel  I will have to get the address sometime soon as I deleted the email, or I can just email cherub kiss.  how are you going?

Aims Sounds like a gorgeous crissy present.  I have got Olly a little people ride on car/bike thingy and a fisher price cash register.

Ros  How are things going in WA?

sharna  Hope the tiredness and M/s arent' too bad.  how is working 4 days going?

AFM:  I have decided not to persue the next baby thing.  there are some underlying issues which came out at DHs counselling session, which he has been too ashamed to tell me about and I wont go on about.  I am hoping that one day these issues may be resolved and the possiblitiy of another may then resurface.

Will did a solid poo today  eexcite.gif . Who would have thought i would be sooo happy.  he then stood up hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.  It was beautiful.  he is such a darling.

#15 bec8112

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:46 AM

Mands - yeah on Wills poo! That is awesome news that he is getting so much better with the GF diet.  Are you relieved about DH's counselling session and the fact that there are some issues which might make it easier for you to understand his reasons?  I bet it has made life alot easier now things are out in the open.

AFM - Ethan is getting a little better, slept really well last night and now down for a nap this morning.  I am feeling so tired at the moment, falling asleep on the couch every night and then sleeping all night and sometimes having an arvo nap if not working!  I remember being tired but not to this extreme.  

#16 Small Potatoes

Posted 04 December 2009 - 09:47 AM

cry1.gif Will has been really miserable this morning and then did a poo and came in crying to me, and he has done one of his disgusting poos, so he has eaten gluten. Don't know when or where.

#17 bec8112

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:10 AM

Ahhh Mands, big hugs for Will.  I hope you figure out where he might have eaten the gluten.  Did he go out yesterday? or where you home all day?

#18 spersephone

Posted 04 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

Just checking in!  Lost it once again, didn't even realise as usual.

That's funny hearing about the poos - imagine being excited about it.  But I can understand your frustration at trying to work out the culprit.  If you're being really careful about excluding foods and it still happens, it must be hair ripping out time!

We took the girls out shopping before and I bought them each a letter keyring - K for Katherine and E for Elisabeth.  They're very nice.  We stopped for a coffee and I got them a smartie cookie but Elisabeth pulled all the smarties off and ate them and left the cookie.  Katie didn't mind though.

#19 themelster

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:00 PM

Just quickly, mands, have you given him any nurofen?  My girlfriends little boy is gluten intolerant and she gave him some and noticed his behaviour change and read the box. Appareny the base has gluten in it.

#20 Small Potatoes

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:08 PM

MelNo nurofen, I am part of GF chat thread as someone mentioned it there too.  DH saw Will eat something off the floor at kindy on Tuesday, so maybe he did yesterday too.  i am really looking for to the cherub bubs thing

#21 Small Potatoes

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:34 AM

We have been VERY quiet over the weekend.  hope everyone has been very busy having a life.  Will is off to ILs today till Sunday  ohmy.gif cry1.gif.  First time I have been away from him for a week.  He will have a blast though.

#22 themelster

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:17 AM

Hi everyone.  Very quiet here over the weekend.

Bec - Glad to hear Ethan is getting better.  How are you feeling?  Have you had your 12 week scan yet?  It must be coming up.  Do you think you will find out the sex at your 20 week scan?  Or leave it as a surprise?

Mands - Lesley hasn't sent out the address only the location "Enchanted Forest" playground at Ashgrove.  She will send out further details in a follow up email she said.  It is the playground that I often take Tom too though - so I know where it is.  It's up on Frasers Road at Ashgrove.  As you drive up, there is a little set of shops on the left hand side and there is a driveway just before them.  If you go down that drive way you will see the playground on the right at the end.  You can't miss it.  I'm looking forward to it too.  Bit nervous though as I know there is no way they will keep Tom still for it...  Oh well.   Is Will back to himself now?  Have you trained the in-laws up about what can contain gluten?

Sharna - how are you feeling chick?  I hope you aren't too tired.  

AFU - not much happening here, as usual!  haha!  I am having a bit of a rough time with T.  I'm just not coping with things at the moment.  I don't know why.  Tom has taken to just screaming and whineing all day of late.  I don't know what is wrong with him.  He just clings and does this screetchy thing when he doesn't get his way or when I can't work out what he wants (which is most of the time as his only means of communication these days is screetching...)  He isn't eating... again..  Not settling to sleep without rocking and even then he fights it.  It's like we just get used to a good phase and it all turns pear shaped again.  I'm convinced he's autistic which doesn't help.  I've put up my medication but I feel bad about myself for that.  I guess it's for the best though.  I don't know.   Anyway, enough of a moan about me.  

We went to Harvey Norman and got our Santa photo's yesterday.  Pretty funny - Tom WAS NOT a fan.  He screamed!  I had to sit in the photo with him and even then he wasn't happy.  So if anyone is looking for Santa Photo's, Harvey Norman have them every weekend.  You get one free photo and then there are packs ranging from $13 to $50 you can purchase.  

I am off for my ladies weekend away on Friday.  I can't wait.  I really need it.  I've already purchased my bottle of veuve clichot champers.  Hope it doesn't rain!

Have a great day everyone!

#23 Small Potatoes

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:20 AM

Tom has taken to just screaming and whineing all day of late. I don't know what is wrong with him. He just clings and does this screetchy thing when he doesn't get his way or when I can't work out what he wants (which is most of the time as his only means of communication these days is screetching...)

Oliver is the same.  It drives me mad.  When he is finally content playing by himself I have to hide as the second he sees me he cracks it.

#24 themelster

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:34 AM

Mands, I hate to wish it on anyone, but in a way, I'm glad I'm not alone.  It's very trying......

#25 Small Potatoes

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:36 AM

I know what you mean.  I was releived when I read your post as I thought there might be something wrong with Olly.  Will was a little like this but NO where near as bad.  It is very tiring, but I don't realise until he is in bed or something and I get a chance to chill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to tell if your child has a speech or language problem

Left untreated, children who start school with speech and language difficulties face an increased risk of reading and writing difficulties, more bullying, poorer peer relationships and less enjoyment of school. So, what should parents expect of children at different ages?

Finding your tribe as a new mum

How was my renegade mother's group different from my first? They were my kind of people. My tribe.

Following your child's emotional roadmap

Psychologist Angharad Candlin will guide parents through their child's emotional development during her seminar at the Essential Baby and Toddler Show in Sydney this weekend.

Delivery room surprises: when gender predictions are wrong

Out of all the questions asked of mums-to-be, “Do you know what you're having?” would be right up there in popularity. Sometimes,

The fertility battle we don't talk about

“You’re nowhere near menopausal,” my doctor cheerily informed me, and my heart sank. I don’t want to live with worry about pregnancy anymore.

'My morning sickness was so bad I'm not having any more kids'

“All the horrible stuff was totally worth it to have my son. But there is absolutely no way I could go through it all again.”

The 'no children' wedding invite

It was the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends, and she had invited me to be her bridesmaid. It was quite an honour. But there was one problem.

Baby Dylan recovering well after spending five days alone

For up to five days he lay alone after his mother died of a suspected drug overdose, but eight-month-old Dylan Micallef has made an incredible recovery.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

The mystery of William Tyrell, little boy lost

The question remains: How does a little boy simply vanish without a trace?

Woman fights off robber, then gives birth

A thief in the US got more than he bargained for when he try to rob a woman who was nine months pregnant because he figured she would be an easy target.

Video: Two-year-old tells mum off for laughing at her

This little girl is not happy that her mum started laughing during her performance - so she tells her exactly how she feels about it.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Does this baby say 'I love you'?

She's only 10 weeks old, but this baby is already dividing people around the world.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

My Wellbeing

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.