78 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:07 AM

New thread time ladies.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=729500

#2 Banana Pancakes

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:36 AM

Gold!

Congrats Amy!!!!!! Of course we havent forgotten you! Do you have any updated photos you can share?

Lots of lovely baby and pregnancy vibes in here atm  wub.gif  Makes me feel clucky

NOT!  roll2.gif  Three is enough for me!

Jilly, not long to go now. I cant wait to hear about your dd's arrival! Do you have someones mobile number? Im happy to post the news if you'd like.

Gotta go and clean the house again....

Ciao  waves.gif

#3 eeyoreangel

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:55 AM

Hey

BP - If you want to PM me your mobile number I will put it in my phone so that you can let everyone know.

Am doing okay.  Feeling very sore and tired now...hopefully not much longer now.

Amy - congratulations!!!

Will bbl.

Tummy rubs and raspberries to all.

Jill(y)

#4 Bubsies

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:45 AM

Hi Girls,

Just poping in to say hi original.gif and maybe because I am avoiding Uni stuff...original.gif

Hope everyone is going well xxx

#5 Molondy

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:51 AM

Hi from me too - I'm supposed to be prepping for DH's 40th tomorrow but just having a cuppa....

Contragulations Amy!!!

Just reading about ms (Kathreen & Mandy) reinforces my decision NOT to go again (I've been a bit clucky lately I have to admit)

Hey I was on facebook earlier and noticed Troops update from a few days ago - who is Baby J? Anyone know?

Hang in there JIlly....

#6 Bubsies

Posted 06 November 2009 - 01:00 PM

I was wondering the same thing....

#7 ~*troops*~

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:45 PM

re baby J. ill pm u on FB. triplets are all fine dons <3

#8 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:48 PM

lol nadine, me too!

Troops hope you are ok, I was wondering who it was too.

#9 Bubsies

Posted 07 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

Just poping on to post a 32 week pic original.gif Hope you are all fantastic - Im home alone tonight so am about to go to bed and make the most of the peace and quite...hopefully Ill get a sleep in too  original.gif

#10 Dons

Posted 08 November 2009 - 09:15 AM

Hi Girls

Congrats Amy - I am so useless noticing ppl's news in their sigs!! hope you have a lovely 9 months original.gif

BP - You're funny was scrolling down thinking 'Oh here's more bfp news!!!'

Jilly - You are welcome to have my mobile too (think you have it?!)

Troops -  wub.gif

Bubsies - Gorgeous belly!

Molondy - Hope Dh had a good 40th

News from us - I had Jasmine home with hand foot and mouth on Wed, she couldn't go to creche for a week plus she had croup so DH and I battled work between us and caring for the girls Anyway Thurs was my wedding anniversary, my parents wedding anniversary and nieces bday so I took gem over to my parents quickly to say hello and DH stayed home with Jas. Got home around 9.30pm, Gem completely fine.
I woke up at 6am as I was going to go to work early and I heard this wierd noise - this seal noise every few seconds, and I thought it was Jas making some silly noises as she does. Next I hear this thud against Gemma's door and Gem crying, wheezing and asking me between wheezes for a puff (ventolin)  I threw her into our ensuite and turned on the shower whilst DH was waking up and then put her on the bed where she continued to struggle for air so we called an ambulance. The longest 12 mins of our lives, I think her being frightened also increased the problem and Jas had no redipred left so I was trying to calm her down.

Ambo's were great - took her to local hospital where she is known on a first name basis (how embarrasing!) so they treated her croup then realised she was constipated again so gave her an enema which helped and we are seeing a gastroeneterologist for it. She's also having trouble with her polyps so is seeing a ent guy for that. I am getting so tired of hearing 'gosh your kids are always sick'

Anyway enough about me - she's ok now just taking it easy

We went an saw Mao's last dancer last night for our anniversary (Gold Class!) I swear I could have watched him dance for hours!

Hope you are all having a good w/end original.gif

#11 eeyoreangel

Posted 08 November 2009 - 05:03 PM

Hey MummaCougar - just checked my phone, thought I had it but I don't - can you PM me with it please??? Hope the girls are doing better.

Well, afm, we went and did the maternity ward/birth suite tour today, thought it would be appropriate given I am 37 weeks....

Am having small contractions - more tightenings than anything else...am off to the chiropractor tomorrow so hoping he can help move things along a bit.  

I really am so over this and poor DH and Josh are just coping me being a grumpy b**ch 24/7 because I am so uncomfortable.  I feel awful about that and keep apologising but then I turn around and yell again....

Hoping to have some news to share in the next week or so....fingers crossed.

Will bbl.

Tummy rubs and raspberries to all.

Jill(y)

#12 Becca1605

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:43 AM

Amy - ohh how exciting...congratulations!!

Dons - bbighug.gif glad Gems is okay.  Glad you enjoyed the movie!

Jill - hope something happens for you soon and you get to meet your beautiful princess!!

I've been to Clare for my cousin's wedding.  It was a lovely weekend.

#13 Mandy1980

Posted 10 November 2009 - 12:44 PM

Hi all

Well I just got back from my ultrasound and just the thought of drinking any more water makes me want to vomit.

But all went well, baby measured at spot on 7 weeks, so I must have ovulated a bit earlier than I thought. So that puts my EDD at 29th June.  Bubbles heartbeat was 168 bpm. All perfect and I am feeling much more relaxed and all is so real now!!

Anyways, better get to work!!

BBL

#14 Dons

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

Oh Yay Mandy that's awesome news!  Congrats on a healthy bubba

#15 terriw31

Posted 10 November 2009 - 08:37 PM

Congrats Mandy on a healthy bubba.

Just thought I would mention that I had my follow up appointment from my recent hospital visit yesterday. I need to have an MRI as some ducts are totally blocked and the dye didn't go thru during the procedure.

Hopefully all is well, just more tests  sad.gif

#16 Becca1605

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

Mandy - ddance.gif yay, how exciting

Terri - bugger about more tests...I hope it's all ok..

Okay off to bed for me....so hot here it's crazy, and hotter tomorrow, 39 or something!

#17 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:03 PM

Great news Mandy!

Terri I'm so sorry you have to do more tests, hopefully they will find something, and it's minor and easily fixed. There's nothing worse then them finding nothing, if there's obviously something not right.

Becca I went to my brother's wedding on the weekend also, it was gorgeous.

Not much happening here atm, everyones been a bit sick, I had Miller vomiting yesterday but seems ok now. I've lost my voice which the boys think is just fantastic  rolleyes.gif  We've just been to swimming for the 2 older boys and they are going so well, especially Caden, he'll be swimming on his own in no time.

#18 00ruby00

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:57 PM

heya girls

Terri- geesus.. I hope everything is ok sweetie.. thinking of you!

Mandy- Awesome!!! have you done one of those chinese chart things that tells you boy/girl....bit of fun lol. I haven't had my ultrasound yet.

Us- Shane flew out yesterday for a week. Poor bugger is doing night shift.. flew up there at 320pm.. got to his room at 4pm and needed to be on the bus to go to site at 530pm to start at 6pm.. so he didn't even get to have any sleep. =/  We skyped this morning.. before he went to sleep... poor thing sent me a msg at 10am saying he was still awake...and was having ahard time trying to fall asleep coz the room was to light =/ Hopefully he is going to be ok for tonight's shift.

Going to see my ob in a few hours.... this pregnancy still hasn't sunken in... so I am hoping seeing the little bubble/squishy.. will make things more real! lol.

We got a call yesterday saying that prestart is on the 3rd of december YAY!! and we have until the 13th of Jan to get finance.... Crossing fingers we can get finance.. coz Shane has only been working odd weeks away here and there... SIGH!!!!

I so want out of my parents it's not funny... even when the kids are in bed..Shane and I still can't get any "us" time.. even to watch a dvd that we want to watch.... iykwim.. my parents are always there...and if it's not something my dad wants to watch.. he chucks a tanty like a child. So Shane and i are getting stressed out.. because we can't even have a few hours to ourselves... with out my parents being in the same room.  And even when we go to bed.. Amaya is there.. so we can only whisper.. can't watch a dvd in there.. coz she will wake up. We are going to clean up one of the spare rooms...and put her in there.. so we have some "us" time before this bubba comes.

I just wish I could blink and do the jeanie thing.. and our house would be built LOL...

Yvette iam sure you know exactly what I mean.

Anyways.. kids are bugging me for lunch.. better run

#19 Banana Pancakes

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:33 PM

Gina, wowee, what a great bump! I remember your belly with ds and it was similar. Im jealous of how thin you still are!

Jilly not long now, Sorry I havent pm'ed you my number I'll do it now. Is your bag packed??? You must be so excited

Mandy
, how exciting! Were you straining to look and pick up any clues on the sex? I jokingly asked the u.s tech at my dating scan and she said it looked like a girl and 9 months later Gemma arrived! Will you find out?

Dons, I read your diary the other day and Im so sorry to hear that Gem has been unwell.

Terri, how are you feeling? Let me know if I can help in anyway. I will try and catch you on f.b tonight.

Bec, how are your boys going? How was the wedding any pic's?

You too Becca, any pics?

Kathreen, you must of had some alone time  Tounge1.gif  wub.gif wink.gif  Lol, Im just teasin', I can imagine how hard it is esp because Shane works away so often. Good luck getting finance. Will you go with the same lender as your 1st house?

Im doing ok. Im working two days a week now and spending the other 3 days as a under paid and under appreciated house cleaner, taxi and chef  rolleyes.gif  

Im looking forward to Christmas. This is the first Christmas in years that Im not pregnant or b.feeding. I'll finally be able to wear a nice dress and get sloshed! Ahh the joys of the festive season  biggrin.gif

Edited by Bananapancakes, 11 November 2009 - 02:35 PM.

#20 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:05 PM

I do have some pics that I took with my new camera  biggrin.gif , but not many of me and my family as I was the one behind the camera  rolleyes.gif  I will put some of fb. When we get the professional shots done I'll put up one of all of us.

I'll do that now actually  original.gif

#21 ~MakkaPakka~

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:49 PM

Troops:  Is baby J Grant's friends sisters bub?  It was so sad, I haven't seen her around (seeing we live in the same area) but read it on FB sad.gif  

Amy : Congrats

Terri: that sucks big time sad.gif

Kat & Mandy: hoping the MS will start to slow down soon

Us: going ok, got to have katja's appt yet to see if her teeth are impacted or she lost them - god help the dentist is all I can say!!!!

Got to go lena is up and demanding a feed!!!!

AJ Tounge1.gif

#22 00ruby00

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:19 AM

ob vist went well......

#23 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:00 AM

Are you kidding me Kat??? Umm Congratulations I think!

#24 Dons

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:48 AM

OMG Kat TWINS!!!??  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

Terri - Hope the test turns out ok

NFM: Af late too scared to test as Dh will prob be a prick about it again like last time I must have o'd late and lost track mind you when I did tell DH he was quite supportive so maybe he's pulled his head in abit!

Troops - Hope you had a good bday party girl!

#25 00ruby00

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:29 AM

blink.gif  cry1.gif  oomg.gif  oomg2.gif  ninja.gif

and Shane is working away and wont be home til tuesday.. I need a big :hug:

oh yay all the kids are awake already.. so much for some time to research.

Do a test dons.... ppppppppppplease stuff him lol. He should have worn a rubber... if he was that worried about you falling pregnant....

5 kids under 5.5 years old..... WTF am I going to do :cries:  I just want to run away and try and get my head around things.. it's hard with shane being away.. with the kids.. But I  do have my parent's here... but just can't seem to get away.
Shane and I will definately be needing a holiday before these babies come.

Edited by ~Kathreen~, 12 November 2009 - 08:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.