August 07 Parents # 108

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#26 beck73

Posted 21 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

Thanks girls wub.gif!  We got home this morning - not bad for less than 72 hours after a c/s!!!  The milk fairy arrived last night though, so once I knew that all of that was going to work out I was more than happy to get out of hospital and back into my own home.  I just have to be extra careful to take it easy, which is harder to do than you would think, but thankfully DH has the next 3 weeks booked off work so I'll have someone around to help out tthumbs.gif.

I was going to post a whole lot of photos for you to check out my gorgeous girl, but they seem to be coming out really huge so I might be better off posting a link to them in my DIG IYKWIM...  Eloise is just beautiful and has everyone wrapped around her tiny little finger already, we're all so looking forward to being able to watch her grow and learn and to everything she is going to add to our family! wub.gif

Here is the link to my other post if you want to check out the piccies (or of course there are more up on FB if you feel inclined to head over there too wink.gif)
http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...&p=10226028

Must head off to bed now though - she's been sleeping like an angel in hospital, but of course we all know that has no bearing whatsoever on what they do once you get home wink.gif

Beck x

#27 unwind

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:09 PM

Oh Bec Congratulations!!!! What a perfect little cutie Eloise is! I love her name and just seeing her pics is making me a bit clucky wub.gif Gee you and your hubby make gorgeous babies!! You have such a beautiful family.

Mandy, all the best for the 5th. Can't wait to hear all about your little girl.

Thanks to everyone for the messages for our wedding. We had an absolutely beautiful day. Our photographers took hundreds (possibly even thousands) of photos so I'll definitely have to post a heap when we get them back. My dad took a few photos on his camera and had them printed the morning after the wedding and gave us one in a frame. It turned out really nice so I can't wait to see the professional ones. I'll see if I can scan it in to show you girls.

We're off to Fiji on Friday. I can't wait. It will be our first overseas holiday as a family - DH (I can now write that hehe) hasn't even flown before so it will be so much fun. Now just have to get some assignments finished and everything packed.

I'm going out to the cemetry this afternoon to put my bouquet with my grandma and am feeling a bit nervous about it as I haven't been out there since the plaque was laid.  It is also her birthday on Thursday so that will be a really sad day.

Well I guess I'd better get back to work. DH is busy packing up the house for our big move next door when we get back and I'm supposed to be doing uni work so that I don't have to take it with me to Fiji.

If I don't get on before I go, good luck to everyone with impending births. Can't wait to hear all the good news. Hope everyone else is well.... big cuddles sent Finns way - hope he is feeling better soon.

Mel

#28 MnM

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:05 AM

Congrats again Mel, have a wonderfull honeymoon.

Well im feeling like crap today, oh no hang on, its not just today...its been a couple of weeks now.
Morning sickness is getting worse, going from throwing up in a morning to any time of the day and feel so sick all day, cant eat anything (which is not too bad as ive lost weight again this pregnancy!) Cant sleep either  rolleyes.gif But having said all that, if this little one is half as lovely as Miles then its all worth it wub.gif
But this is most certainly my last baby!  2 is more than enough for us...i dont think i have enough of me to go round for 3...and DH has always said he wanted either 1 or 2, so we have reached his maximum laughing2.gif

2 days till the parents arrive.  Thats going to be painfull, i was hoping they'd take Miles out to get to know him and spend some time with him, and ive no energy to do much with him, but they appear to be rather stressed about looking after him, so dont think that will work out too well.

Anyway, i really should get showered and dressed and attempt to entertain Miles - so worn out yyawn.gif ok ill take my miserable self off and stop annoying you all waves.gif

Edited by MnM, 24 September 2009 - 11:08 AM.

#29 beck73

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

A quickie to say...

GOOD LUCK MANDY!!!

I can't believe the big day is almost upon you and that by this time tomorrow you could well have your little girl cuddled safely in your arms wub.gif!  I'll be  ph34r.gif like crazy for news, and sending you all the 'healthy labour' vibes I have (which should be heaps since I didn't use any myself tongue.gif).  I'm so excited for all of you, and can't wait to hear the name you choose for her biggrin.gif

Good luck!!!

Beck x

#30 321Cas321

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:02 PM

Mandy.. good luck tomorrow.. cannot wait to hear your news.. dont forget to sms me so I can let our aug girls know.. I will be away but DH will have his lappie....yay more pink coming...

#31 twogirlsandaboy

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:45 PM

Good luck for tomorrow Mandy, I hope it all goes well. Will be  ph34r.gif .

#32 Ange

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:48 AM

Thinking of you today Mandy!!! original.gif original.gif Can't wait for updates!

#33 Ange

Posted 02 October 2009 - 02:30 PM

BABY NEWS!!!

This is Mandy's status as of a minute ago..

Greta isabelle born a few mins ago. Photos and vital stats later.

CONGRATS MANDY!!! Can't wait to see pics!

Edited by Ange, 02 October 2009 - 02:31 PM.

#34 twogirlsandaboy

Posted 02 October 2009 - 03:57 PM

Congratulations Mandy and family. Love her name, can't wait to see some pics of your gorgeous girl wub.gif .

Edited by twogirlsandaboy, 02 October 2009 - 03:58 PM.

#35 Shadowess

Posted 02 October 2009 - 08:06 PM

Congratulations Mandy!! Great news! Looking forward to the pics..

fee

#36 dixilee83

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:31 AM

congrats mandy on the arrival of Greta

#37 unwind

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:28 AM

bbabyflip.gif CONGRATULATIONS MANDY!!! bbabyflip.gif

Can't wait to see pics of your gorgeous girl. Hope you are all well.

Edited by msg, 04 October 2009 - 08:28 AM.

#38 MnM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

Hi guys,

We are home - Miles was giving DH some grief so thought id best come home!

Actually im fine, a nice easy birth and quick too, despite the fact Greta was born face up, same as Miles, but where he got stuck she didnt and poped out in a couple of pushes so all good there  tthumbs.gif

Miles seems fascinated by her and keeps folling her round with her blanket or wrap if i leave it anywhere wub.gif

So born at 1.43pm, and weighing 2.94kg's and 47cms long - my little lady wub.gif

A couple of pics:

#39 Ange

Posted 08 October 2009 - 02:54 PM

Awww super gorgeous Mandy!!! original.gif original.gif original.gif Enjoy these early days, just priceless aren't they!

#40 busyboys

Posted 09 October 2009 - 12:52 PM

Just a quickie to pop in and congratulate you Mandy - what a gorgeous little lady!  Glad that everything went well for you and I hope Miles looks after his little sister.

Who is next?  Is it me?  I'm due 4/12.....all these little girls - I have half a chance then!

Bridget

#41 missyisobel

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

Hi Everyone:

A very very belated CONGRATULATIONS to Mandy....and to Bec......Gorgeous girls original.gif Glad all went well.

Congrats to you to Bridget, go girl!

Crazy how many of us are going again.....lovely though.

Anyways, I'll pop back outta here.....just dropped in to say hi and congrats....been reading the weekly digest but I only ever seem to get one post (stoopid emails)

Chow bellas

#42 Ange

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:01 AM

Great to see you Sal! hhugs.gif How's things your end?

Bridget, Not long to go for you! Have you got most things organised?

All good here, back to the school routine this week. So glad the nicer weather is starting to hit Perth - can't wait for summer!!!

#43 MnM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:07 PM

Wow Bridget your pregnancy went fast!  You only have 2 months left... Yeah all girls this time, Beck, me, Ange,  kat... Rachel had a baby boy thought so you should maybe have a little boy to keep her company laughing2.gif

Greta just had her 1 week check up (at 17 days old!) she's gained a heap of weight and is now 3330g at 2 and a half weeks old oomg.gif so I'm very proud of her wub.gif

ok best go have a nana nap, I have a photographer coming to take pics of my 2 munchkins!

#44 Guest_*I-AM-ME*_*

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:13 PM

I just wanted to pop in and say hi to all you lovely ladies.  

A huge Congratulations on all the birth of new babies.  All babies are absolutely beautiful.  

Another huge Congratulations to all those that are pregnant.  Wow so many of you lovely ladies having more babies.

Just in case you dont know...It's ME YVETTE.  After many many months of being off the radar.  I thought I would pop in to say hi and see what is happening.  So glad to see you girls are all still talking.

What is new for me:

1.  I am still happily in love with Craig and we moved in together about 3 months ago.  His 3 kids, and my 2 babies are all happy and we are just one big family.

2. Craig and i are now engaged.  We are planning on getting married around Christmas next year if we can.

3.  I am back in the work force.  I got my dream job as a Draftie, and am loving it.  i work in a small renovation/building company up in the hills.  My plan, and Craigs, is to take of this business for ourselves in a couple of years.  

4.  I am now officially divorced too.  YEAH.  However I am still in courts fighting with XH.  After months of wanting to split the children up, he is now (only in the last month) decided he wants the kids back in NSW.  We are on the waiting list for a court date, but this could take up to 18 months.  Meanwhile I am still in Perth, and loving it.

Not much else to report, just wanted to say hi to you all.  Life has been very busy and hectic for me lately, but I am loving it.

#45 MnM

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:58 PM

Wow Yvette! So lovely to hear from you, i often wonder how you are doing...so glad you are still with your lovely man tthumbs.gif  and so great about your dream job - could life be any better tthumbs.gif  just hope you get everthing sorted with the kids and XH now and your perfect life can continue  ddance.gif

#46 dixilee83

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:56 PM

Hi Girls

I haven't been in here for ages, just been busy with the kids. Clay is now 8weeks old he had his needles yesterday and came out in  a rash but is doing great now.

We are starting to try for another one, im so hoping for a girl next. But we will see

Great to see everything is going well for you Yvette

#47 MnM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:25 PM

Oh Wow Rachel!  Another so soon, you are one very brave lady! Im all done at 2  tthumbs.gif Well good luck for a little pink one next time.

#48 beck73

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

Eloise is 6 weeks old today, I can't believe how quickly that has flown by.  The little pudding has already cracked the 5kg mark, so has jumped from the 50th percentile to the 90th in both her weight and her length - she clearly doesn't realise that since she is my last baby she has to stay little for as long as possible!  Because of a really bad outbreak of whooping cough and gastro in our area, the GP advised us to start her immunisations today rather than waiting another 2 weeks - I felt really weird doing it, but with Benny in childcare (and therefore more likely to bring interesting bugs home) I would never have forgiven myself if she'd caught either of them when it could have been avoided IYKWIM.  DH and I got in on the action too by having our whooping cough boosters, so it was needles all round this morning - OUCH!  

Speaking of OUCH - is anyone else finding their 2 year olds more than a handful at the moment?  I know that the poor little man has had his world completely messed with lately, but Benny at the moment is just plain REVOLTING sad.gif.  He has discovered the word NO so flatly refuses to do almost anything he is asked, has developed very strong opinions about which clothes he wants to wear, won't get into his carseat without being held down so I can do the buckles up, and has become a nightmare at bedtime with suddenly insisting on having his door open and wandering back out of his room for a good hour past the time when he used to just hop into bed and drift off.  I'm praying that this is just a reaction to all the changes around here lately (Eloise's arrival, me not being able to pick him up or spend as much time with him as I used to, DH being home full-time for a few weeks then suddenly disappearing overseas for a week, DH's parents being around every day for 2 weeks then suddenly disappearing again, big brothers going back to school after holidays etc), because I want my gorgeous little boy back again, this rampaging toddler beast is no fun at all cry1.gif!!!  Oh well, I can only hope that now all the 'extras' have gone we will be able to work out a new routine quickly and he will settle back down again hands.gif...

Sorry - whinge over now! blush.gif

Yvette, I'm so glad to hear that things have worked out so well for you since your last post here.  It's fantastic to hear you being so positive about your life, congratulations on your engagement and I'll be hands.gif that things with XH get sorted out so that you can focus on your future with your lovely new man biggrin.gif

Bridget, Ange, Sal - waves.gif!  Hope things are still going smoothly for you all, I'm so looking forward to 'meeting' your new little loves bbabyflip.gif wub.gif

Mandy and Rachel - make sure you give your gorgeous little ones a big smooch from me wink.gif

Hmmm, I popped Eloise into bed wide awake before starting this post, fully expecting to be summoned before now but she must have settled herself off to sleep! yyawn.gif   So, not knowing what to expect tonight I had better get out of here and try to catch some sleep before my next call for room service.

'Night All! hhugs.gif

Beck x

#49 MnM

Posted 31 October 2009 - 10:56 AM

Ahh yes, we had devil toddler here too..seems to have calmed down a lot now.  Miles was refusing ot go to bed, refusing get out of the car (but was happy to get in), his favourite word is also NO, usually followed by his pet lip coming out and a little scream!  DH reckons i should offer my services to the government  as im an expert negotiator now!  Glad to see its not just us!  I guess you cant blame them though, Miles has gone form having 100% of my attention to  50%.  If it helps at all, after about 2 weeks of Miles refusing to go to bed and insisting on his little lamp being left on and waking 2 or 3 times a night, he is now back to his usual perfect nighttime self - it actually went back to normal when i started putting Greta into her cot at 6.30pm so when Miles comes out of the bath at 6.30pm its just DH, Miles and me so he gets half an hours attention with just the 2 of us before bed and it works like a dream.  He is still doing his No thing and his refusal to come out of the car, but my negotiating skills are getting a good work out there tongue.gif
Im doing a new thing when he gets up from his afternoon sleep of going and spending an hour or so sitting in his room with him and plaing with his toys, trying to work it so Greta sleeps for that hour in her little chair so its just Mummy and Miles, but of course as a 4 week old she's a little un-cooperative!  then we all go for a walk around the street for an hour after that - so he is getting so much attention on him and it seems to be working.... Id say after having my parents here and a new baby there is no wonder that he's a gone a bit crazy...poor luv....and just as that is all over with MIL and her hubby arrive in a few weeks  wacko.gif

Hope everyone is going well and the pregnant ladies are getting some rest with thier toddlers.

All for now.

#50 Ange

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:29 PM

Yvette, waves.gif So lovely to hear from you!! CONGRATULATIONS on the Engagement - that is awesome news!! Poo to your XH still being difficult! So.. any plans for any more bubs? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Beck, How quickly is the last few weeks gone!! I can't believe that Eliose is over 6wks already!! I would have done the same re: the whopping cough vaccine. I had my booster in January, although I don't know if DH has had one. Natalie is VERY independant now too, she won't let me help her do anything - she has to be the one who puts her shoes on, undies on, brush hair etc.. so the morning can take ages by the time she tries and finaly gets it (or gives in and lets me help her). She has also become opinionated on what she wears  rolleyes.gif I never had this with Lachy!! I think I'm there will definitely be a bit of adjusting when DD comes along. Lachy wasn't fussed at all when Nat arrived but I can see Natalie being a little mother hen and perhaps being a little jealous when DD arrives.

Not much else going on here, looks like my c/sect date will be Dec 30th or 31st?

Which would you choose if you had the choice?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.