New thread time ladies.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=683948

#2 dixilee83

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:16 AM

GOLD

#3 MnM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:08 AM

Silver

Im afraid im officially a year older today aannoyed.gif  should change the age in my sig i guess closedeyes.gif

Weird, i dont like this new look sad.gif

Have fun at your mums beck waves.gif

Edited by MnM, 13 July 2009 - 10:22 AM.

#4 *ella*finn*

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

BRONZE Although I'd much prefer choccy cake dev (6).gif

Happy Birthday Mandy original.gif Have a lovely day original.gif

Hope you all had a lovely weekend!

#5 twogirlsandaboy

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:56 PM

Choccy cake for me dev (6).gif

Happy Birthday Mandy, hope you have a lovely day original.gif

The new forums do look kind of weird, but I can remember when EB was an aqua sort of green, then they upgraded to the previous look and now this one. Gosh makes me sound like I've been here forever, lol, well since Jan 03 blush.gif .

Edited by twogirlsandaboy, 13 July 2009 - 12:57 PM.

#6 321Cas321

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:13 PM

Happy Birthday Mandy hope you have a great day... when do you guys fly out?

Yes I remember the old forums too.  I do like the look of the new one.

We I put on EBay over the weekend the cot, chest and other items... and my cot and chest now has two bids on them so that means they are on their way out and we are onto a new era  cry1.gif

oh well.

some other items have lookers but no bids.  I hope I can move some of these toys/slings and stuff out.

How are our farmers going?  Still addicted?  We have new seeds which just adds to the addiction.

Well I got hit with the tummy bug and so did Brendan over the weekend.. it was awful but all good now.

Better go.. bills to pay then ironing.

#7 MnM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

New seeds  blink.gif  i didnt know there were new seeds, i have to go look NOW oomg2.gif
Im still as addicted as ever, going to have to freeze all my crops and trees when we go on holiday.
We fly out on Thursday and are back 2 weeks and 2 days later... ill still no doubt read every so often on my iPhone though blush.gif

Cass: awww, that really is sad to be selling baby stuff.  I need to get rid of all of Miles' clothes, going to send then over to my BF in the UK who is having a baby boy in November....its so sad to see all his baby clothes go cry1.gif but at least i can console myself with lots of new pink baby clothes wub.gif and of course im keeping the cot and all that for this baby.

Laura: thanks for the Myer tip, i went on Sunday and got all the bedding i needed and a couple of photo frames and some butterfly wall decorations - decided to go with a butterfly themed room... got all i need now for both Miles' new room and this ones room, just have to get some curtians made - dont think she would appreciated Miles' blue curtians that are currently up in that room!

Payschool concert was fantastic, Miles loved it.  The guy, Alex was really into it with the kids and the girl, Angela made lots of adult jokes to keep us amused tthumbs.gif
anyway we put Miles to bed that night and we were sat in the loungeroom and i heard Miles shout so i got up to go see if he was ok, half way to his room we realised he was actually singing at the top of his lungs
laughing2.gif we recognised about 3 of the songs from the playschool concert that day wub.gif then he went queit so he must have nodded off to sleep  oh it was so funny, i was PMSL at him....DH kept telling me to shhhh cos i didnt want to disturb him..so cute wub.gif

Ok best take myself off home to pick up the little boy waves.gif

#8 MnM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:55 AM

Hi,

Hope everyone is well, ive got my Glucose test this afternoon...so hope that goes ok.  Ill be in on holiday so if ive got it and my OBs need to contact me...hmm probably not the best timing, but never mind.

Hope everyone is well and if i dont get chance to pop in before we leave tomorrow - see you all in 2 weeks waves.gif

#9 *ella*finn*

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

Good luck this afternoon, Mandy original.gif And have an awesome holiday! Very jealous here  wwhistle.gif

Hope all you ladies are having a lovely week x

#10 *ella*finn*

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:46 AM

Bump!

Hope everyone is well original.gif

We're busy getting ready for Finn's 2nd birthday party tomorrow morning, then a family bbq Sunday afternoon original.gif

See you in Farm Town  wink.gif

Bump!

We're busy getting ready for Finn's 2nd birthday party tomorrow morning, then a family bbq Sunday afternoon original.gif

#11 321Cas321

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

Happy birthday to your little man... not sure of the date but hope you guys have a fab day!

QUOTE (*ella*finn* @ 17/07/2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bump!

Bump!

#12 beck73

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

Popping in quickly to sing "HAPPY BIRTHDAY FINN!".  I hope you have a lovely day, and don't forget to spoil your mummy just a little bit too (after all, she did all the work! wink.gif).

Got a big day on here, finally finished the bathroom reno so we are moving the big boys into their new room today, which will mean I can clear the dining table at last (it's been the storage space for all the bits we've accumulated so far for the new baby, as the poor little  babygirl.gif doesn't even have a bedroom yet!).  DH's parents and his aunty arrive today too, so hopefully they'll help him get some of the bigger jobs done so we can then move Benny into his new room and THEN set up the nursery - at last!

Unfortunately, I'm not getting much done faffing about in here so had best sign off for now...  Will try to BBL!

Beck x

#13 *ella*finn*

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

Yes, Happy Birthday to my little man Finn!

Thanks Beck (make sure you take it easy!) and thank you everyone for all the lovely birthday messages on Facebook, too wub.gif

We're having a day at home, been busy playing with our new toys! I was hoping we could make a trip to the park, but it's still very wet here sad.gif Ella went back to school today so might take them to Maccas for afternoon tea and a play dev (6).gif

Hope everyone is well  happy.gif

#14 unwind

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:56 AM

Just popping in quickly .. don't get much time on here lately between uni and wedding planning.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NINA!!!! Have a fantastic day little cutie.

Happy birthday Finn for the other day. Hope you had a great day.

and if I don't manage to pop in tomorrow.. Happy Birthday Natalie for tomorrow wub.gif

Edited by msg, 24 July 2009 - 04:08 PM.

#15 *ella*finn*

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:40 PM

Hi Mel! original.gif Hope all the planning is going smoothly - when is the big day?

Happy Birthday Nina! I haven't seen Sonya around for a while - hope you all have a great day!

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Natalie original.gif I've been stalking you in the other threads Ange blush.gif

And to Cass - have a great trip! eexcite.gif

#16 321Cas321

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

hiya

big happy birthdays to all our little August bubbas that are now turning the big two!  Wozers where has the time gone.. not sure if I will get time to pop in before we go next Sat.. but just wanting to say happy birthday to all the little ones have a great month.. not sure if any babies are due in August but if so hoping for a very special delivery of your little ones.. take care all see you in 5 weeks time or so.....

#17 missyisobel

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:03 PM

waves.gif  Hi everyone, long time since I checked in.

Big hello and how ya going to everyone and a big happy birthday to all our toddlers.....

Congrats to you preggy women too!! Wow, go go GO!!

Man lets see if my very old sig still pops up>>?

#18 livnbre

Posted 29 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

Hi.
its been ages and not sure if anyone would remember me! I just wanted to wish all the toddlers a happy 2nd birthday!!!!

#19 *ella*finn*

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:11 PM

Happy Birthday to Carmen and Breyana!

Hope everyone is having a great week  happy.gif

#20 321Cas321

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

Have a great august month everyone.. see you all in Sept... yay off tomorrow for our UK trip.. excited now...

James is fully weaned.. sleeping well, eating well... Brendan is doing great.. no OT or anything.. life is great atm.. and now finally excited about going!!!!

Happy Birthday all our August babies.... have a great 2nd birthday month!!!!!!

#21 twogirlsandaboy

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:28 PM

waves.gif

I am now the mother of a 10 year old ohmy.gif . I feel old, lol. Annaliese's 10th birthday today, so tomorrow she is having a party so there will be 4 10 year olds, a 9 year old and 11 year old. Should be okay, maybe a bit noisy with 6 girls,  laugh.gif .

Also Happy 2nd Birthday to Adam!

We have 2 bottle fed lambs now, The Boy is still going strong, he will be 4 weeks old tomorrow, and we now also have another boy lamb called Lucky. (OJ unfortunately died a while ago.) Lucky is so named because when I found him he had been bitten on the neck by a fox! ohmy.gif How he was till alive I have no idea, something obviously scared it off, thinking maybe the alpacas we have in with the sheep probably did. DH didn't know why I picked him up even though he was still alive as he reckoned the shock would kill the lamb, but he was still alive in the morning and nearly 7 days later is going strong as well. I have some photos to show of them, just need to resize them and upload to photobucket.

A few personals

Cass, Have a great trip, look forward to seeing all the photos when you come back.

Beck, Would love to see some photos of all your renos. Are you nearly all finished?

waves.gif to Laura, Fee, Mandy.

BBL with some photos biggrin.gif .

Edited by twogirlsandaboy, 31 July 2009 - 08:31 PM.

#22 beck73

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:20 PM

Flying in quickly to say BON VOYAGE CASS waves.gif!!!  I hope you have a BRILLIANT trip, and that everything goes smoothly for you all while you are gallivanting about the place wink.gif.  I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back hhugs.gif

Kylie - renos are still in progress, but stage 1 (boys' bathroom and laundry) is finally complete and operational tthumbs.gif.  We've had guys around putting up a new side fence for the last couple of days and are hoping to have that finished on Monday, then we will have to get a move on with the patch-ups to the big boys' old room so that Benny can move in there in time for me to get the nursery set up again for baby!  Oh, and somewhere in there DH and I have to choose and order some new drawers, bookcases etc for our bedroom too, but we're surviving okay with cardboard boxes for now so that is way down the priority list as far as I'm concerned laughing2.gif!  Unfortunately the prats I ordered the big boys' new wardrobes from have just told me that they are going to take 4 weeks instead of the 2 I was originally promised glare.gif which makes it a bit hard to get all their gear out of their old room, but if motherhood has taught me nothing else it has taught me the art of improvisation, so if it all gets too tricky I'm sure I'll work something out!

Apart from that, I finished the full-time teaching block today so am officially back to casual work again - for a little while anyway.  Poor Benny has been really under the weather this week, constantly snotty without it really turning into anything IYKWIM, so it is probably for the best that I hadn't gotten around to organising anything for his birthday tomorrow blush.gif!  I might try and get the family around next weekend, but the beauty of him only being 2 is that as long as there are balloons and bubbles he will think it is brilliant no matter how many people are (or aren't!) here wub.gif.  Mustn't chat for too long tonight though, it is DH's birthday today so I had probably better pay attention to him at some point wub.gif...

I'll try to BBL for some proper catching up on the weekend.  bbighug.gif

Beck x

#23 twogirlsandaboy

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:32 PM

Back with some photos biggrin.gif

This is The Boy a day or so after I picked him up.

This is Lucky taken a couple of days ago.

The Boy taken a couple of days ago.

The Boy and Lucky together. The dark marks on the side of Lucky's neck is dried blood from where the fox grabbed him.

Beck, Sounds like you are busy, busy, busy. I'm sure everything will work out in the end, must be frustrating at the moment when you need to get things done and people are holding you up.

Have a good weekend everyone, best be off now, DH wants to use the computer, so I'd better stop hogging it rolleyes.gif  waves.gif

#24 *ella*finn*

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:55 PM

Oh, Kylie they are sooooo cute! wub.gif Happy Birthday to your big girl!

Have an awesome trip, Cass!

Happy Birthday to Adam and Happy Birthday for tomorrow Benny! I hope you are feeling better hhugs.gif

waves.gif to everyone

#25 MnM

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

Hi guys,

thought I'd pop in and let you know I'm back... A little weary but had a good time. Miles was amazing, 8 flights in 17 days and he handled it like a pro wub.gif

Hope everyone is well and no one has had any babies!!!

Best get little one fed and off to bed, he's still on Cook Islands time!

waves.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.