• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:01 AM

New thread time ladies.

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=658851

#2 ~JASB~

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:48 AM

Naomi Let us know after the 5th then!  Will be interesting to find out!

Ky Not so much nutrition, he's just got me on a bowel detox because I've suffered for years on and off with constipation/diarrhoea blush.gif  Not a nice subject to have to talk to him about LOL, but my GP had done bloods for Coeliac and that was negative, so I'm on a waiting list to have a colonoscopy/endoscopy done, but obviously I'd rather avoid that if I can!!  So bit the bullet and went to see if a naturopath could help as well!  I'm happy to report his treatment (which is all herbal) seems to be working.  I feel so much better original.gif  So hoping I can avoid the invasive testing!!  The naturopath also believes my bowel issues are linked somehow to my MCs  unsure.gif   I'm not sure how, but I see him again next Monday.  No luck for me as yet, CD1 today sad.gif  Feeling quite flat about that sad.gif  But looking forward to next cycle - I'm going to be healthier thanks to the naturopath, and also next cycle would give me a Feb baby which would be kind of neat - then my kids birthdays are Aug/Feb/Aug/Feb laughing2.gif  Matches in quite well to have another Feb baby don't you think? wink.gif

So very happy to hear you're at 13 weeks with a healthy heartbeat biggrin.gif  Thank goodness all was fine after your fall, gosh you must have scared yourself.  All onwards and upwards now to a healthy bubba in 6 months time biggrin.gif  Have you told Isabella yet?

Very cold, wet, POURING rainy day here in the Sunshine State today laughing2.gif  I can't believe how much rain we've had!  I just hope my boys stay relatively dry at school today.  I was amazed (horrified!) this morning though at how many kids were dropped off to school in just shorts and short sleeved shirts ohmy.gif  It's freezing!!!  My boys are in long pants and jackets, and still cold!

Edited by ~JAS~, 20 May 2009 - 10:49 AM.

#3 reesie

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:33 AM

Hi Girls...

I've been really slack and haven't checked in here for ages!! Sorry. Life has been pretty busy... will get busier! It's been raining here for a couple of days now and that means that when it's dried up a bit DH will be back to planting. And honestly, I HATE planting. The kids don't get to see their dad at all... for weeks... except for when we drop dinner off to him each night - so that's about 5 minutes! I know it needs to be done... and it'll be the same again for about 4 or 5 weeks at harvest. At least he's got a few days off with the rain. We can't even get out of our driveway. Lucky we have plenty of milk and bread in the freezer!

I'm getting really frustrated with Jackson! Is anyone else having troubles with a smart mouth appearing? He's not saying really rude horrible things... just being cheeky and getting a bit smart.

Anyways, DH is home again today... we didn't get anything done yesterday... but today I might get him on the end of the vacuum cleaner or mop... and get this house spiffied up! Then later we can both sit down and do something together... maybe watch a movie... while I sew? Is that something together?!

Hope you're all doing well. original.gif

#4 Here we go again

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

Michaela Will definitely let you know original.gif  Oha nd I meant to say earlier but wsas running out the door. Naturpaths ROCK!! I love mine everytime I have been (I usually go because of my milk supply) that night I wake up with milk pouring out Hehe TMI?? Tounge1.gif  Its freaky but they definitely know their stuff!!

#5 *Olraha*

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:38 PM

Hi Mumma's

Jo - congrats on your trio of boys... How exciting...

Michaela - good luck with everything. You know I am crossing everything for you, and hope the naturopath will help make your dream come true...

Noami - Happy belated birthday to Aria, hope she had a lovely day. I am going for my scan on the 4th June. But we are having a surprise. We don't want to find out. Can't wait to hear what you are having...

Maree - must be nice to have hubby home for a little while.

Beck - OMG Jacob is sooo cute... Cluck, cluck, cluck

Dani - I can not believe you are almost due.. How exciting.

Ky - glad everything is going well with your pregnancy. As I said before you are allowed to have those "silly" fears... Glad you have seen bubs and everything is fine. Now try and relax a little more...  wink.gif

waves.gif to everyone else... where has everyone gone?

Well I can not believe how quick time is going. I am 17 and 1/2 weeks already. Before I know it this baby will be here... I am busy with work and then the days I am home I seem to be busy and nothing seems to be getting done. Oh well trying my best. So been a little slack in here...

Better keep moving

Talk to you later...

wub.gif

Jo

#6 Superman+4sisters

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:19 PM

Good afternoon lovely ladies,

Just dropping in to say 'hi' (& show off my new sig laughing2.gif )

Joq - 17.5 weeks already! That's wonderful. Truly I don't know though what you mean about being busy & not getting much done

BRB must get the Weetbix box off Benny

BRB helping dd#1 with her homework

BRB getting dd#2 to do her flute practice

BRB must help Lici with the yoghurt that she's so helpfully serving out for everyone...).

roll2.gif Yep, totally focussed on task here

Maree - sorry your dh is disappearing off again for planting. It's good that the weather's right for planting, but hard that you're missing him so much. Lici isn't necessarily 'smart' with her comments, but she's the first of my children who will say an outright 'no' when I ask her to do something  oomg2.gif  Spirited is what I call her...

BRB - Lici's loungeroom cubby has just been demolished by Benny... and I've just spotted some illicit textas in there!

Michaela - thinking of you guys up north with all this rain. The pictures on the news are unbelievable! I hope it's slowed down a bit today. Good luck with the naturopath - I have heard some lovely success stories from people seeing naturopaths

BRB - must fix up dd#2's loungeroom tent... and now Lici's too. And does anyone know an antonym for "fifteenth"? laughing2.gif

As for us: life's good. I'm feeling a bit snowed under again, but that seems to crop up more when I'm not getting enough sleep. I've just about got Benny's room ready for him, but finding time for dh and I to move the cot is pretty impossible atm. Sad, isn't it. But I can't wait until our room is our own again biggrin.gif

Well, time to draw a close here, and get stuck into cooking dinner. Believe it or not, this is a relaxed afternoon, as dd#1's netball training was cancelled due to the rain. So we're actually enjoying having some extra time original.gif

Have a good week everyone

Edited by *TMUV*, 21 May 2009 - 05:20 PM.

#7 ~JASB~

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:37 PM

laughing2.gif B, you crack me up!  Benny is adorable wub.gif  Love the sig  tthumbs.gif

Yep the rain has slowed down today thankfully.  Footy training cancelled tonight though.  It was left up to each individual team whether or not to cancel.  I decided to cancel my under 6's as I couldn't see the point of a bunch of 5 and 6yos running around in the mud, as much as they'd have enjoyed it laughing2.gif  Thankfully Josh's under 8's manager thought the same laughing2.gif

Jo I'm stunned that you are 17 weeks as well ohmy.gif  Glad it's going fast for you!

Nomes LOL love the idea of the milk pouring out! hehe!  Thanks, the stuff he's got me on has certainly made me feel heaps better original.gif  Hopefully help with conception is the next step.

Maree I talk to you enough elsewhere and on FB Tounge1.gif

Scott's hours are insane atm sad.gif  I just took the boys to his work to say hello after school - otherwise they don't see him other than half hour in the morning sad.gif  He leaves for work at 7:30am and is home anywhere between 9 and 11pm these days sad.gif

Better get on with dinner.  Slow cooker is on with my beef ready, roast potatoes in the oven, I just have to go throw some carrots and broc on and yummo dinner awaits original.gif
waves.gif

Edited by ~JAS~, 21 May 2009 - 05:38 PM.

#8 JennyH

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

M< roast beef sounds delish!  We had roast pork last night!

We took Michael to the paed yesterday. After a good lookover and review she is happy he is just small and healthy. So that's nice, we weren't overly worried, but nice to have that verdict - although she did want a poo sample to check for parasites and cell counts, but assuming that is OK she doesn't need to see him unless we are worried 6 months+ down the track. So that is good.

Freezing in perth, and wet and wooly yesterday. Any brisbanites here being washed away? Kids are loving the flood footage on the news - all the underwater cars, water through houses and stuff underwater. not PC, but kinda cute!

GTG
JennyH

#9 Guest_**Jak**_*

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:38 PM

Hi There Lovies,

Long time, no chat...My big PC has been dead for a while but all is up & going again now! Hurrah!

Don't have alot to say...Been flat out being a single parent while Les is over in WA for work. Madge has been diagnosed with Coeliac Diease so we off to Westmead Childrens Hospital on Monday for biopsies vis endoscopy & colonoscopy...So we are about to embark on a wheat & gluten free diet once those are done...Fingers crossed that I just might get a full nights sleep for the first time in nearly 4 years once she is sorted with the diet...LOL...I can live in hope...

I am having 'issues' with Karli & her mouth & attitude at the moment...I have to sometimes remind myself that she is only 4 not 14...She spends most of her spare time in time-out at the moment...I also spend alot of my time talking through my teeth at her...God help me...

Right, like Brenda...I have to go referree some dispute out in the back room...

Take care,
Jaki

#10 Wild Strawberry

Posted 30 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY LUCA  wub.gif Enjoy your day!!!!!

#11 Superman+4sisters

Posted 30 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

You beat me to it Jo!

Happy 4th birthday to Luca biggrin.gif

#12 KyAquarius

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:23 PM

Hi everyone, its been quiet in here again! Geez its not like we have hectic 3-4yr olds (plus the rest original.gif) keeping us busy or anything…. laughing2.gif

Melinda: Sending lots of Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Luca! Hope she had a wonderful day. original.gif

Michaela: How’s the N’path going? That’s great he’s trying to help you with your bowel problems too, is it working so far? Good luck with the herbal treatment! I believe the herbal formula my N’path put me on really worked for me. He said it would take at least 3mths to work, and that’s how long it took me to fall pregnant after starting it. Wow that would be neat having a Aug/Feb/Aug/Feb pattern with their Bdays! Are you on the 2WW at the moment? Fingers crossed!
Thanks for being happy for me. original.gif Yeah I felt like such a goof after my fall, I never trip over! So of course I had to while I was pregnant didn’t I. wink.gif Yes Isabella knows and she wants a baby sister of course! original.gif

Jo/Racvia: How are you going? You must be nearly 20wks now? Wow half-way already! You can feel Bub kicking?! original.gif Thanks, I have been relaxing more lately, though am still anxious about the 18-19wks scan! I can’t quite diminish all the ‘silly fears’ yet. wink.gif

JennyH: Glad to hear the Paed gave Michael a healthy verdict, did the poo sample come back all clear too?

Jaki: waves.gif Hello stranger! Tounge1.gif

All good here. We’ve got a busy long-weekend ahead, Isabella starts Physical Culture tomorrow and then I’m taking her up to Newcastle on Sunday to watch our game against the Eels. Then June 24th is Origin 2, time for my Blues to get one back. original.gif I’m going with my friend to the game as part of the Blatchy’s Blues section of the crowd again. For a visual of what we look like, check out my FB profile pic. wink.gif

Hope everyone’s well, Ky *;-)

Edited by KyAquarius, 05 June 2009 - 10:30 PM.

#13 ~JASB~

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

What strange weather  unsure.gif   Adam's 9am game was cancelled this morning after 5 mins because of a freak storm that appeared out of nowhere.  Very dark skies, pouring rain ... that bit was all fine.  Then the lightening started and we had to get the boys off field.  Half hour later it was bright and sunny again  unsure.gif   Josh's game went ahead no problems.  Now it's hot!  Very bizarre.

Ky Good to hear from you!  Naturopath stuff is going well I hope wink.gif  Other than the fact that the tonic I have to drink twice a day tastes sick.gif  So I'm just hoping it's worth it in the end.  I am in the 2ww now yep, 3dpo today, so still a bit of a wait yet!

waves.gif

#14 MothershipConnection

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:30 PM

HAPPY BELATED 4TH BIRTHDAY LUCA!!

Gosh..4 years old!  Surreal...

waves.gif

#15 Superman+4sisters

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:33 PM

Just dropping in to say 'hi'. Steph, it certainly is surreal to think that the first of our Aug 05 group is 4. I'm so used to thinking of them as 3.

Michaela, that weather sure does sound weird.

Ky, how did Isabella go with Physical Culture? Lici adores her dance classes.

Jaki, how did Madge go with her medical tests? Has the sleep fairy been to visit yet? Or have the others more than made up for her? And Karli? I lol at your 4 going on 14 - Lici has more than her fair share of attitude too  wacko.gif

We're having a very quiet day today as Lici is having her turn of being sick. I'm hoping it's gastro and not the flu, as she has a temp and aches & pains as well as the upset tummy. Poor darling sad.gif  She's lying in front of the TV watching 'In the Night Garden' - a show that she normally despises (and rightly so, lol). She must be sick to be watching it, lol.

Not much more to say here. Dh is off to Spain for 10 days in a couple of weeks, my big girls are busy with school & dancing & everything else. Lici missed dancing today, and won't be going to Preschool tomorrow either. I suppose there goes my excuse for a messy house... Benny's great, but sees the world as his climbing frame. He was unwell on Saturday night but has happily bounced back. It's a challege keeping him away from Lici at the moment.

Well, my kitchen isn't going to clean itself, so I should get stuck into it while Benny's asleep. Then I'm thinking of doing an Internet shop so I don't have to drag Lici around the supermarket aisles with me. Have a good week everyone.

#16 Guest_**Jak**_*

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:48 PM

Brenda.. we go back on the 14th of August for her surgery...The Dr is on holidays until the end of July...I am so frustrated for her but what can I do? He is the only one apparantly that can do the endoscopy & colonoscopy on a child...So now we wait. In the meantime, Madge is sick, again, with a nasty chest infection, not quite pnuemonia, yet...I cannot wai tto see if this all settles down when she is on the diet etc...
I had better go, Sambo is home sick with his asthma...Gotta LOVE 8mls of Prednislone x2 a day & ventolin nebs every 3 hours... wacko.gif  NOT!!...He is due for another lot of Nebs...

#17 ~JASB~

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:07 PM

watching 'In the Night Garden' - a show that she normally despises (and rightly so, lol).

roll2.gif  Yep, she's sick!!!
Hope she's well soon B.  Had to laugh at you hoping it's gastro.  In this house with a 'bowel kid' I'd be prefering the flu Tounge1.gif

Also cracked up at Benny and his world the climbing frame original.gif

Jaki, How frustrating that there is only one doctor that can do it?!  Is that locally?  Because surely there'd be more than that in Sydney?!!  You sound extremely busy with your sick kiddies Jak, hhugs.gif

M

Edited by ~JAS~, 09 June 2009 - 06:08 PM.

#18 KyAquarius

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

Michaela: Sounds like you had a touch of Melbourne Sydney weather up there the other day! original.gif IKWYM about the sick.gif - the herbal formula I have every morning tastes like crap too! My theory is the worse it tastes, the better it is for us. Hope there are two lines waiting for you at the end of this 2ww. original.gif

Zoe: How is Lici today? hhugs.gif Hope she’s feeling better. What type of dancing does Lici do? Isabella did enjoy Physie! They dance to kids music and do kids dance moves to all the songs. It looks like later on they get more specific with the different genres they cover (aerobics, ballet, jazz, modern). We’ll most likely be starting her in Little A’s in the next 6-12mths too. original.gif

Jaki: bbighug.gif

I drove Isabella up to Newcastle on Sunday. We had a good time at the footy despite the Knights being below their best. Isabella was so looking forward to getting another dog balloon from the Knights jester, but unfortunately he didn’t come to our section of the stadium at the right time for us to get down the front. So she settled for me buying her a little Knights flag instead, lol. original.gif

Ky *;-)

Edited by KyAquarius, 10 June 2009 - 10:23 PM.

#19 KyAquarius

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:56 PM

Hi everyone original.gif

What's everyone been up to? I scared everyone away again didn't I, no posts in 9 days! wink.gif

I've got a meeting next week at Isabella's pre-school to confirm which pre-school she'll be going to for the next year while her current pre-school building is being demolished and rebuilt. Really hope she's put in the one closest to us, and her favourite teacher and friend's will be there too!

I'm pumped, going to State of Origin next Wed night! biggrin.gif I went to Origin with Isabella in utero too, so they're both Little True Blues. original.gif

I've been crook, but getting better. On antibiotics, probably won't take the full course as they turn me into a space cadet.

Have a great weekend everyone, Ky *;-)

#20 MothershipConnection

Posted 20 June 2009 - 09:58 PM

ph34r.gif

I was stalking Dani and saw this in her DIG - hope you don't mind me posting this Dani...
Just received this SMS from Bissett:

*** Aylen Bala born 7:52pm 20/6. 7 hour drug free labour. Stats to follow ***

CONGRATULATIONS DANI AND FAM!  biggrin.gif

Hi Kylie waves.gif

I'm completely out of the loop, but, I've got 3 weeks off from uni so you might see me around, although I've got big reno plans too laughing2.gif

Edited by MothershipConnection, 20 June 2009 - 10:00 PM.

#21 KyAquarius

Posted 20 June 2009 - 10:16 PM

Congratulations Dani on the birth of Aylen! Hope you and your precious little darlin are recovering well. original.gif Well done on the 7hr drug free labour!

Hi Steph, hope you enjoy your three weeks off, good luck with the reno's!

Ky *;-)

#22 *Olraha*

Posted 21 June 2009 - 08:50 AM

CONGRATS DANI ON THE ARRIVAL OF AYLEN...   I hope the kids are enjoying the baby and you are getting some rest...

I too was stalking in the DIG as that was my original DIG when I have the m/c, waiting for Dani's news. I am sure she will not mind you posting it Steph...

Ky - wow 17weeks already that time is really going quick...enjoy the state of origin, one year I will get to a game... Not long until you have your scan, are you going to find out?

Jak - I hope everything is going ok in your house? Hope magde is ok. Must be a pain waiting until 14th of august.

Steph - are you enjoying uni?

Zoe - how are you going? Hopefully no one else is sick...

Michaela - how are you?

waves.gif hello to everyone else.

I have been really slack in here. I am going really well. I will be 22weeks tomorrow and we are having a surprise baby. DH is certain I know what it is as he wasn't with me during the scan, but I have no idea. We have boys and girls names picked out. The only thing that came out from the u/s is that I have a low lying placenta, but I am not too worried, just means I have another u/s at 32weeks. If it hasn't moved well then bubs will arrive by cesearian. I am not worried if it does or doesn't. Just going with the flow.

Better go and attempt to have something to eat for breakfast...

Talk to you all later...

wub.gif

Jo

#23 MothershipConnection

Posted 21 June 2009 - 09:09 AM

oh Jo congrats on an October babe!  Uni is full on and stressful wacko.gif means to an end...means to an end.

Edited by MothershipConnection, 21 June 2009 - 09:10 AM.

#24 nelbel*

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:14 PM

Congratulations Dani, Oz, K & J on the birth of Aylen. Gorgeous name  wub.gif. Hope you are all well original.gif.

#25 mollykathleen

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

HI everyone! You guys must have started thinking I died or something i haven't been in here that long!  biggrin.gif

firstly, congrats to Dani!
and happy birthday Luca!

we have been extreemly busy with day to day life. I'm living with my boyfriend, things are going great. we've been together a year now.

Lexi's going great. she's had a flu lately with a runny nose and a terrible cough. i took her to the doctors and there was no wheeze in her chest. however when she coughs it sounds absolutley terrible. she's been coughing at night and early in the morning. the doctor's given us a ventolin to try for a week and see if its because she's asthmatic. but we've been using it and its just not helping all that much. anyone have any ideas? this has been going on for a month!

my sister got married at the start of this month. everything went great. it was a beautiful wedding.

my sister and her bridesmaid,Kylie:
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/moll...10_1754732_.jpg

wedding party (minus husband and best man):
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/moll...10_1754734_.jpg

Lexi the flower girl:
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/moll...yofIMG_0097.jpg

i cant think of anything else to write!!! i cant believe Lexi's nearly 4! its just insane, when is everyone sending their kids to school?

lexi's been having absolultey terrible nighmares for the last year. its happening 6 times a night! ive tried everything including making sure she's not watching scary things on tv. nothings helping, anyone got any ideas with that???

anyways good coming back, might do it more often now!

Edited by mollykathleen, 26 June 2009 - 03:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.