Calisthenics and other dance groups #6

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#51 -Nicole-

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:59 PM

I would have thought you could still join the forum.  unsure.gif  i just tried and was able to sign in. You definitely have to me a member to read. Try this link to get to the log in page
http://calisthenicsforum.com/forum/

I am dreading a night time finish, my DD is in bed at 7.30pm, so that would kill her.

Edited by -Nicole-, 21 May 2009 - 11:02 PM.

#52 maurie

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:15 AM

It seems it's just me that can't get in  ddoh.gif .   We have a network and dh has just spent an hour trying everything he can think of (he's an IT guru  oomg.gif ) .   Seems our router doesn't like their website and won't go there, but only since they changed it to needing to be a logged-in member.  

I've sent them an email, am hoping they know what to do (other than get a new router).

#53 -Nicole-

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:35 PM

We have dates for all our comps. We are going to 5 comps this year (1 less than last year)/

#54 maurie

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:54 PM

So how's everyone going?   Are you in the midst of frantic sequinning and practising?   We are, you'd think I'd have learned to do the sequins as soon as I get them wouldn't you?

One month til the first comp and a couple of our girls have no clue still  unsure.gif .

Edited by maurie, 28 June 2009 - 07:56 PM.

#55 Guest_Chad~Viki~Seed_*

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:26 AM

Hi everyone

I guess we are all in the middle of Comp session lol. My girls ahd their 2nd comp yesterday and have CVI next weekend. We've now had 3 comps in a row. They done well, they came second in Folk Dance yesterday despite competing agains div 3 teams. Victoria is front row centre for Folk, so I was very proud.

I'm very happy with the coach they have this year, the girls love her and are all loving calisthenics. It's a shame we'll have to leave the club when we move next year. We've found a club, Reynella, they are a championship club so will be intresting to see how the girls take to it. Got some pics from their first comp.

#56 koalas

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:19 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm looking for something for my very active 3 year old DD to do.  Is she too little for calisthenics?  Is it worth doing something like this or sticking to dancing (ballet, tap, jazz)?

Also are there any clubs down near Rockingham?

#57 Guest_Chad~Viki~Seed_*

Posted 10 October 2009 - 04:33 PM

Hi Koala's

My DD's have been doing calisthenics since they were 2/3 years old. It's my 7 year olds 5th year  biggrin.gif

I'm not familiar with WA, but here is the calisthenics WA site which has the clubs listed

http://www.calisthenicswa.asn.au/clubdetails/

I hope that helps. Calisthenics is a great sport, my girls had a comp this morning and absolutely love it.

#58 -Nicole-

Posted 15 November 2009 - 10:00 PM

DD had her cali concert today. We really nice to watch all the other teams items. The skill on the older girls is amazing!

DD earnt 27 medals this year ohmy.gif , was a great surprise.

She is now practising for her levels which are on the 9th December, (she has her operation the week before so I am hoping she is up to it).

I am enrolling her in a cali summer school in January as she really needs to work on her flex. She moves up to juniors next year and I am thinking that is a huge jump wink.gif

anyway here is DD with her medals in her march costume

#59 MsDemeanor

Posted 01 December 2009 - 12:03 PM

Great pic Nicole original.gif Hi ladies original.gif

I don't often post in here as DD dances and cali seems like a foreign world. Just after some advice on how to help her be more flexible - she is a great little dancer but is frustrated by her lack of flexibility when doing backbends, roll throughs, splits etc and apart from encouraging her to stretch and practice I don't know what else to suggest to her. Her teachers are not particularly helpful in that department either. They just want to see them do it.

#60 Michaella

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:01 PM

Hi everyone.... haven't been here for sometime....

Heaps of dancing coming up - as is usual at this time of year.. lots of busy practises etc.

MissDemeanour - How old is your DD? Unfortunately it really is a practise everyday type of thing.. maybe try varying the stretches for her to make it more interesting... maybe she coudl work with a rubber band to help her stretch.

Nicole... Hollie looks fabulous.. congrats to her and her team!

Edited by Michaella, 02 December 2009 - 03:03 PM.

#61 adnama

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:15 PM

Hi everyone

My daughter had her first dance concert yesterday (she's been dancing for 2yrs)
She made my heart melt wub.gif  The afternoon concert she ran out saying hello to daddy, then
with the night one came out saying hello mummy  wub.gif  Now i'm itching to get our DVD to watch it all again

#62 Guest_Contento_*

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:48 PM

Anyone's girls started back yet?

C starts on Thursday and V & K on Friday.

#63 -Nicole-

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:56 AM

Hi Carmen original.gif

DD starts tonight, she's moving up to juniors---She is so excited. I am more excited that the fees have only gone up $4 extra this year  biggrin.gif

#64 adnama

Posted 07 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

My daughter started back last Wednesday
she's doing her baby class (jazz, ballet and cheer) as well as tap this year and is so happy to be back.
Is it sad i can't wait for concert time this year

#65 Guest_Contento_*

Posted 11 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

We are moving late June now so it'd mean we will miss comps and concerts for the year completely sad.gif.

They will do terms 1-2 in Victoria and term 4 in SA, they start their cali year in term 4 in SA ready for May comps. I guess with moving as well as having a baby on the way and working, it'll probably be a good thing I'll have no costumes to make or comps to attend, but I'm still sad about it.

#66 MsDemeanor

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

Ahhh me again popping my head in like I always do to stress about costumes. I need a neo costume (I think you guys call them lyrical) and a jazz. So not having any luck agreeing with DD 13.

#67 Guest_The 7 Dwarfs_*

Posted 26 April 2010 - 02:42 AM

My girls aren't currently doing Cali, after we sold the house we figured it just best to concentrate on the move. Plus they are getting costumes ready and all set up for comps which we wont be there for, so probably just best to wait till we get to Adelaide. It's only 2 terms, I'm sure we'll survive lol.

#68 belleboysandgirl

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

7 Dwarfs you will probably find the girls will be able to start Cali in Adelaide after August. Most clubs now start their work for the next year not long after August comps.

#69 JHC

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:03 AM

Is anyone here still around?
My DD started back at calisthenics yesterday and is now dancing all over the place again rolleyes.gif

#70 domlachhan

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

Just wondering if anyone else is going to Nationals on the Gold Coast this year?  DD2 made the juniors rep team, so we will of course be going up there to watch her  wink.gif - be nice to know if any other 'eb kids' are competing as well.  At the moment with normal club training, rep team training and her solo/graceful training sessions I feel like we are doing nothing but drive her to and from calisthenics!!

#71 mummyZoe

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

My son is a Ballroom dancer and this weekend we are heading to Canberra for the National championships

cannot wait to see my baby dance abut so not looking forward to the cold weather (we live in Darwin)

#72 mummyZoe

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

Well by baby danced and came home with

1st level 1 Jive
1st level 1 Quickstep
1st level 1 Waltz
2nd level 1 Merrilyn
3rd level 1 Gypsy Tap

we are now getting ready to head to South Pacific Dancesport championships in Sydney weekend 1/2 Oct , but dancing lvl 1 New Vogue and lvl 2 and 3 Latin and Standard

#73 *LiMa*

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (domlachhan @ 11/03/2011, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just wondering if anyone else is going to Nationals on the Gold Coast this year? DD2 made the juniors rep team, so we will of course be going up there to watch her wink.gif - be nice to know if any other 'eb kids' are competing as well. At the moment with normal club training, rep team training and her solo/graceful training sessions I feel like we are doing nothing but drive her to and from calisthenics!!

My DD has qualified for Nationals this year, but in Dancing, not Calisthenics. Bring on Gold Coast 2012!

#74 *l&k*mama

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:03 AM

oohI just found this thread... gee I wish it were more active!  

Dancing is our life in this house!  I only work to pay the dance fees lol.

LilMa, we will be at Showcase Gold Coast in 2012!

#75 jm3

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:30 PM

Hi All!  My DD11 is a dancer and having just read a thread about hair removal I'm just wondering what you all have done with your daughters especially with them wearing leotards etc.... waxing/shaving/creams etc?  What about bikini line as my daughter's is becoming more obvious.  Any tips?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.