Pregnant Mummies #16

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

#51 JTCDS

Posted 08 September 2008 - 06:28 PM

Bugger about having GD Fiona.  

Shannon I've said in our parents group but will say a bit Woo Hoo again original.gif on expecting a boy.  

I'm feeling a few more kicks of late.  Cant feel them from the outside yet. But normally thats around 20ish weeks when I feel that.  

counting down to my scan, its next wednesday.  Cant wait.  

Well thats about it preg wise from me.

Take care girls

#52 ~~Kys~~

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

Fiona Gd sucks doesn't it? I had it with DS and ended up having to have insulin at night as the diet alone wasn't working very well for me. Hopefully by sticking to the diet it will work for you. If you prick the side of your finger it doesn't hurt as much same with having a sharp needle and warm fingers.

Haven't popped in in a while so thought i better! I have my first midwife appt on the 23rd which is exciting but i'll be taking DS with me, so was wondering if anyone knows what noarlunga is like for kids being there?

When i called to book i rang through flinders womans clinic and just asked straight out to go through noarlunga as it is much closer to home, heck i can even walk there if i want to, or rather have the energy to!

Almost at the 13wk mark which is good but i want to get past the 14wk mark as that is around when i started having bleeds with DS, and that has played on my mind alot, to the point that i am so off sex (sorry tmi) incase i have a bleed the next morning.

I can't wait to book my 18wk scan, but wondering if you go through Noarlunga if they send you to Flinders or somewhere closer to home?

#53 MSAB

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:06 PM

Ashtonsmum: congrats on a little boy!

muddocswife: Sorry to hear about the GD. Did you have any ideas you did have it this time? My girlfriend didnt have it for her first two babes but had it with her last.

JTCD: Your scan isnt that far away now, are you finding out what you are having?

Well i'm 24 and a bit weeks now and boy is this baby making up for the lost time with kicks and movements. Yesterday at work it felt like it didn't stop ALL day. My two girls have had a rough couple of weeks and are not sleeping real well atm so when i'm up at night this little one decides its party time too. We got bubs a new car seat over the week end so that was exciting. Have my next app in two weeks time and have to do my glucose challenge, man i love it! i think i'm the only person who enjoys it! tastes great  original.gif

#54 MeLoddy

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:09 PM

Oh Shannon eexcite.gif thats fantastic!!! Congrats to you! A little bro for Ashton to play with.

Fiona sorry to hear about the GD. I hope that all goes well for you on Wed!! Does it look like bubs will be big at this stage?

Nat - cant wait to see some pics from your scan!! Isn't it wonderful to star feeling them move!!!

Kys - I have been wondering how you've been as I havent seen you post in a while! Noarlunga was great. Lots of toys that kept the kids well occupied! You will have to go up to Flinders for your 18 week scan as Noarlunga dont have the facilities but everything else can be done at Noarlunga.

I have a crazy psycio baby on my hands! I was kinda hoping for a quiet, placid baby after the 3 little hurricains i already have, but it certainly doesnt look like it!  laughing2.gif  I am the size of a house already, and kind of worried how much bigger I'm actually going to get!

Oh Shana you posted as I was typing!! Dont we look like gaybos now!! laughing2.gif That reminds me..... I also have my glucose challenge in 2 weeks (same midwife, day, time & place as Shana! - Yes we are losers who planned all this together!!! wink.gif) So I'm actually going to get her to drink mine for me as I HATE the stuff!!!

Edited by MeLoddy, 09 September 2008 - 01:14 PM.

#55 Brit in Oz!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:14 PM

So I'm actually going to get her to drink mine for me as I HATE the stuff!!!

You could always do a me, Melody and just not bother with the test wink.gif  Just go along and keep Shana company. original.gif  laughing2.gif

#56 ~~Kys~~

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:46 PM

Melody thanks for thinking of me  wub.gif  Good to hear Noarlunga is kid friendly as with DS pregnancy i always left DD with my mum. I thought Flinders had stopped doing the 18wk scan as when i had mine with DS i was meant to go somewhere else but didn't read the letter properly  laughing2.gif

GD test is something i would never not do, yes the drink may taste gross but if you have GD that goes unnoticed it can have bad results for your bubs. My SILs GD didn't get picked up and after my nephew was born he had some boobie and went downhill very very quickly from there, took 8hrs to get him stable to be airlifted to the roayl north shore, for treatment in that 8hrs he had to be shocked quite a few times as his heart wasn't working properly, actually the only stable thing was that they had to give him something to get his willy under control (lol a newborn with a erection was the only thing my brother had a smile about when telling us when we got there to help with the other kids), had to be put on a ventilator and my borther and SIL had a 2.5-3hr drive to get to sydney and got told by the medicals that he might not make it, i have never heard my brother cry so when he called us to let us know what was going on it was a real shock and not something you would really want to go through with a newborn.

Ok that is my GD rant over, it is one test i feel strong for during pregnancy as i have seen what happens if its not picked up, and seeing my nephew in hospital hooked up to so many machines having so many needles a day wasn't the nicest thing  sad.gif

MSAB doesn't it suck when the kids aren't sleeping well, i have had DD and DS tag team the last few nights with waking and taking hours to get back to sleep, its so exhausting.

#57 ~i am MelĀ©~

Posted 10 September 2008 - 01:50 AM

Shannon, congratulations on another boy!

Edited by ~i am MelĀ©~, 10 September 2008 - 01:56 AM.

#58 muddocswife

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:04 PM

Copied from dibble.......

That appt. didn't go too well...I have to take medication morning and night - my levels are too high  I had the choice between metfromin (tablet) and insulin injections, so I chose the tablet  I have to go back in a week to assess how they are going....

I only just managed to hold it together.

#59 MSAB

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:55 PM

im really sorry to hear things didn't go so well fiona, lets hope your next app is a better one!

#60 JTCDS

Posted 11 September 2008 - 02:19 PM

oh bugger to hear things didnt go so well Fiona.  sad.gif

MSAB - yes we are finding out.....in 6 days LOL.  I'm soooooo counting.  I'm convinced a a girl....DH convinced its a boy.

#61 MeLoddy

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:55 PM

Oh Fiona I'm really sorry it didnt go better.  sad.gif

Nat I cant wait to find out what you are having!!!

Today I spoke to the lady who I had as a 1st year student with Landen, then a 3rd year student with Kaity. I just adore her! She is now a fully qualified midwife working at Flinders. But it also looks like she'll take on the roll of support midwife for my homebirth! I am so happy to be having the same duo I had for Kaity as they are just fantastic women!  wub.gif

#62 JTCDS

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:51 PM

Hi girls.

I  had my scan today and we did find out and I'm excited to announce its going to be a GIRL!!!   eexcite.gif ddance.gif  It wasnt co-operating down there most of the time but when she did see she couldnt see boy bits and was sure she saw some lines (she pointed them out to me) that were the folds of her vagina.  Ofcourse with girls its hard to be 100% but I'm happy with what she said LOL.

Edited by JTCD, 17 September 2008 - 01:52 PM.

#63 muddocswife

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:14 PM

Aww Natalie that is fantastic! Congratulations on your pink bunldle wub.gif

I am off to hospital this weekend to bring my fasting blood sugar under control, unfortunatley the the tablets are causing a flare with the crohn's, so I am going to have a short dose of steroid to bring that under control. The downside is that the steroid will cause by blood sugar to go up. Anyway, I will need to have insulin at night sad.gif

Hope that everyone else is going well!

#64 Gizmo26

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:57 PM

Hey ladies,

Question for the ones who have already had the glucose test. Do they get the results back straight away? I'm due to have mine in 3 weeks and I don't know if I should make the doctors  appointment straight after for my normal check up or maybe a few days after.

Thats great Natalie another little girl  blush.gif

Fiona I hope they can help you out this weekend, ill be thinking of you.

Is anyone thinking of doing the 4D ultrasound, if so at how many weeks are you doing it?

Thats it for now

xxx Kelly

Edited by Gizmo26, 17 September 2008 - 08:58 PM.

#65 JTCDS

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:30 PM

Kelly, with my glucose tests I got my results when I saw my OB next.  Which usually worked out to be a week or 2 after my test.  Only with #3 did I have to go back for another test (the 2 hr one).  I think if there was a major  problem your OB would call.  My 2nd test I had was because the first one was borderline,  all was ok in the end.  When do you see your OB next?     Not sure if I am having a 4D scan.  I wanted to last pregnancy but DH kicked up a stink and complained its too much money and why not wait til it comes out to see what it looks like. But It would be nice to have it done.  If I did I'd go around 30ish week mark.

#66 LambysGirl

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:37 PM

*lurker alert*

Nat Congrats on expecting a pink bundle  wub.gif  She is gonna be gorgeous for sure  wub.gif

#67 JTCDS

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:17 PM

Thanks girls.

aww thanks Nat, lets hope she'll love the camera!

#68 Gizmo26

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

Thanks for the info Nat my next appointment is suppose to be at 28 weeks and the nurse said I will have the Glucose Test then. But then I found out I go to the Clinpath in the same doctors surgery no appt needed for the test. I would of thought the appt & test would be together. Because im doing shared care I get confused when I am suppose to go back. (damn pregnancy brain    wacko.gif ) Anyway I think ill just go do the test in the morning and have my appointment later that day or even the next day. I would like to make sure I have my check up before we go away as we are going to Cairns.I'm sure if they cant tell me anything then, I don't have to wait too long for the next appt which is 30wks.

I have booked in for the 4D Scan on the 14th of Oct which will be 28 weeks. I booked it will i'm on Annual Leave as my work is so picky with getting days off for things. Im so over it cant wait for my Maternity leave to start which will be the 21st of November YEAH  grin.gif

I also started my antenatal classes had 2 so far (Since these is my first everything is all so new for me) Its ok but i'm glad i'm going just to give my DH some more tips and advice (then he might listen more to the midwives then me LOL)

I dont really have much more to update on. I hope everyone is enjoy their pregnancy and keeping well

Kelly

#69 madd*harry

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:17 AM

hey girls,
thought i might join in now, if thats ok? as i've ALMOST reached the 12w mark (well...i'm about 10 weeks) but we had a scan a couple of weeks ago and all was fine.

I have a 20 month old son, Harry. m/s has been quite mild, more emotional and moody than sick blush.gif

JTCD-
congrats on having pink! i'm hoping for a girl, but two little boys would be cute too...

#70 JTCDS

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:24 PM

Hi Hails,  Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome original.gif

Nothing really to report preg wise.  Things going along fine.  Been in a huge dilemma over names LOL.  I'm really peeing DH off LOL umming and ahhing over 2 names and I keep changing my mind on him LOL.  But I *think* we have made a decision.

#71 ~~Kys~~

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:35 PM

hails welcome and congrats  original.gif

JTCD congrats on the pink bundle!!

Kelly i found when i had my Glucose challenge test with DS that the next day they had my results, i just called the womens clinic to ask as i got told i would find out the results the afternoon i had my test so gave it to the next day then called them.

Me had my midwife appt on tuesday and i can't go through the noarlunga midwife program  cry1.gif  Reasons being that with DD i had high BP, i didn't with DS and only with DD because of the situation i was in at the time,and also because i had GD with DS.

Monday morning i have to go have a glucose challenge, due t having it with DS i have to have an early one this time round. I have also booked my 19wk scan and can not wait for it!

Other then that DD is excited to come and find out if she will have a brother or sister and has already listed off jobs she wants to do when the baby comes, top of the list is changing its nappy  laughing2.gif  laughing2.gif  She was upset that she couldn't come to the appt on tuesday though but i told her she had kindy and was going to have a play at her friends afterwards and i would pick her up once i was finished and tell her everything that was said.

Thats it for me

#72 MSAB

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

Howdy girls!

just thought i'd pop in to see how every one is going.

Nat: a huge congrats on the baby girl! I remember you saying you had a feeling it was a girl and you were right! Well done! i have a strong feeling also but have never been right before so im really keen to finally meet this babe!

~~Kys~~: sorry to hear you wont be able to you noarlunga midwives. I have heard wonderful things about the flinders ladies though if that makes you feel any better! Bet you are exciting about the big scan! when is it?

*hails*: welcome and a huge congrats! I had to lol when i read the "moody" part in your post. All 3 of my pregnacy's have been sooooo different but this one has been my "moody" pregnancy.

Gizmo26: Enjoy your 4d scan, i would so love to get one done this time but DH is not keen for some stupid reason. Let us know how it goes, i think they look wonderful.

as for me i have had a weird last week. Thurs i woke up in the most horrible pain right up the top of my baby bump. Lasted about 2 hours then went. Started again that arvo so i called my mid wife who said to come in and she would check me over. Couldn't find any thing obvious so i went home for sleep. Woke up next day to the same thing but lasted almost all day. I saw a doc sat and she ordered a scan to rule out a few things. Had the scan late monday night and we couldn't find anything again (i did get to see our little babe again for 5 seconds so that was nice. The funny little thing had it's toes touching its head  laugh.gif )

Tues woke up and i felt back to normal. I have no idea what it was but they are now thinking maybe a tummy bug(i was the only one to get it and had no other symptoms)who knows....

Did my GTT and it came back fine at 5.5. I was a little surprised as with both girls it was right on the edge but all seems good this time. Iron levels came back great to. Baby was head down at last app which was great
My next appoinment is in 3 weeks so i'll look forward to that. I really feel ready to have this little one here already. Im loving being pregnant but sooooo keen to have them in my arms all at the same time.

Melody and i were talking ages ago about starting a face book group....any ones else keen?

#73 JTCDS

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:26 PM

MSAB - great news to hear your GTT test went ok.  Oh and I'm on facebook a few times a week, I'd been keen to join up.

#74 muddocswife

Posted 03 October 2008 - 05:22 PM

Hi Girls

I finally worked out how to post a photo! Yay me biggrin.gif

This is the best of the photo's that my Mum took laughing2.gif I am going to miss this belly wub.gif

All is well here, my blood sugars have settled down and I am feeling really good!

#75 ~~Kys~~

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:05 PM

Fiona great to hear your blood sugars are settling down, it can be so much trial and error! Your belly looks great!!

MSAB gosh i think pains like that would have anyone worried, but yay on it being noting and getting to see bubs again!! I was actually disappointted about going through flinders as the last Ob i saw was so rude and abrupt and didn't even tell me what would happen when i got induced, plus they only do morning appts meaning i can't get DD into morning kindy and be at flinders in time for 9am so i will have both kids with me, and its further away and there is always a wait there.

My scan is booked for the 24th of October, i couldn't get in till november with Flinders so thought stuff it and got a referral from my doctor to get it done else where.

I had my one hour glucose test today, wasn't bad the drink tasted half ok this time round, not the orange one but a raspberry one. I got told that if i don't hear back then all is fine but just oncase give them a call next week, which i will do as last time i didn't get a call when i was meant to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

An open letter to Tony Abbott: please salvage our super

We face financial ruin, but most of us don?t realise it. If we don?t act together to salvage our superannuation, I have no doubt the new GFC will be the Girls? Financial Crisis.

'I'm happy to know I'm changing lives': surrogate mum of two

I know that once the baby is born, I will focus on the gift I have given, and watch the parents with their new child. I can't wait for that day.

Birth trauma and the issue of informed consent

There is a perception that women should just be happy they have a healthy baby in their arms. But for women who experienced birth trauma, there's a lot more to it.

Tips for managing pollen allergies and hayfever

They're simple tips, but they can have a big impact on those who suffer from hayfever and pollen allergies.

Ada Nicodemou shares tribute to her stillborn baby

Just over one month since Ada Nicodemou and her husband lost their second son, the Home and Away star has shared a touching poem for her baby.

Mum causes stir breastfeeding on train

?To the woman breastfeeding her kid on the train. Seriously! On the train?" began the letter of complaint.

10 things they don?t tell you about being pregnant

As I slowly waddle my ever-changing pregnant body towards the finishing line of my due date, it?s becoming increasingly clear there are a lot of things they just don?t tell you about pregnancy.

Overcoming a fear of the dark

A toddler's fear of the dark is very normal, but there are ways parents can help children through this stage in their development.

Kids, TV and movies: how young is too young?

It seems you don't have to throw the TV and iPad out the window - it all boils down to moderation, supervision and interaction.

Video: Baby's first birthday is a special day for mum, too

?A baby?s first birthday is also mum?s first birthday.?

The day Supernanny came to tea

Prince William's favourite celebrity child trainer Jo Frost puts Bryony Gordon and her toddler through their paces.

Tales from the homefront

When you're at work you sort of assume that your house is basically just sitting there quietly doing nothing until you return. However, since spending my days at home, I've learned this couldn't be further from the truth.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Baby survives five days alone

He lay with his mother for up to five days after she died of a suspected drug overdose - and survived.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.