...is the nicest smelling laundry detergent?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 WigglyToddler

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:13 PM

This is just a minor topic but I'm after a laundry detergent that smells extra nice and I'm hoping for some recommendations.  I want something that you can really smell on the clothes afterwards without having to resort to liquid fabric softeners.

Cheers in advance

#2 Iwantitall

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:18 PM

biggrin.gif I use Biozet with the built in fabric softener.  The clothes always smell nice after. It can be expensive but I always buy it on special (usually goes on special at either coles or Woolworths every couple of weeks)

#3 leesie

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:21 PM

Radiant!!
Not only is it the nicest smelling, but it's works really well.

#4 hussey

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:03 PM

I second Radiant.  I can tell when someone uses it, they always smell delicious (IYKWIM).

#5 Gussax

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:06 PM

I use Biozet with the built in fabric softener. The clothes always smell nice after. It can be expensive but I always buy it on special (usually goes on special at either coles or Woolworths every couple of weeks)

Completely agree!

And when it is on special it is usually a %50 saving. (it's the one in the pink box)

#6 tigereye

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:36 PM

I use Biozet with the built in fabric softener. The clothes always smell nice after. It can be expensive but I always buy it on special (usually goes on special at either coles or Woolworths every couple of weeks)

I ALSO completely agree!!!  The smell is just gorgeous.

I also only buy it when Woolies has it on special.

#7 pupusa

Posted 14 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

Radiant.

#8 ~THE~MAGICIAN~

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:03 PM

I love the smell of Drive and the frangipani Cold Power.

#9 X-mum

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

I always get a lot of comments on the smell of my laundry - I use Drive.

#10 ~*Bumpy*~

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:54 PM

I am in love with the new Surf Mighty liquid especially the lavender and orchid one!  It smell delish!

#11 blue♥pink

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:21 PM

I love the smell of Drive original.gif

#12 Guest_Lilac~_*

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:29 PM

Why would you want to breathe in artificial chemical deodorants?

I suppose really this question is too personal to answer. I loathe those little pine trees that people hang in their cars, I think they reek, but clearly they are popular.

I add an essential oil such as lemon verbena or tea tree to the final rinse if i remember and that does me.

#13 littlecuties

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:30 PM

I think Radiant is the best smelling laundry powder. I have been using Biozet all this year though due to a massive bargain and I think it's the best powder. It's on sale at Big W tomorrow 10kg for $29.99 and that does 200 washes as it is very concentrated. I also got Radiant 3kg for $7.99 at IGA yesterday which is very cheap.

#14 Harmonica

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

Radiant and Biozet!

#15 ArieleMoonfire

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:36 PM

Why would you want to breathe in artificial chemical deodorants?

Totally agree. I use Earths Choice and Lectric-which i love because the clothes have *no* smell (other than the whole "clean" fabric thing. I now loathe the smell of strong laundry detergents. I nearly throw up sometimes when I smell my ex when he comes over-his clothes smells like a perfume factory  laughing2.gif And some of the little kids I look after at daycare have it too. A bit of essential oil is lovely though.

#16 Melimuru

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

I love the smell of radiant

There is now a new fabric softner either cuddly or Huggie that is called cream rice and it is absolutely beautiful, the clothes smell like a dessert.

Edited by melt1975, 14 May 2008 - 07:49 PM.

#17 Demon Deeva

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

I adore Surf's Small and Mighty Lavender and Oriental Blossom and just to calm those poor minds who are concerned about the lack of essential oils, these ones do.

#18 ~cocobeach~

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

I use an organic one that is safe for the plants.  We have a hose going from George (the washing machine - as in George Washington) out onto the plants/grass.

Oh, and off topic, but I also call our vacumm Max - as in Max the Vax laughing2.gif

Mel

Edited by ~Avonlea~, 14 May 2008 - 07:53 PM.

#19 Snagglepussed

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

OMO!

Love Radiant too but think OMO washes better! I use the front loader one! Had a very interesting wash one day with the normal one!!!!  unsure.gif

Kim

#20 MadamFrou-Frou

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:35 PM

How it smells is pretty far down on my list when shopping for laundry detergents.

#21 Tealdash

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:37 PM

Radiant!!
Not only is it the nicest smelling, but it's works really well

Exactly what I was going to say!! original.gif original.gif original.gif

#22 kidwrangler

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

Amolin Sensitive liquid - I started using it for DD's clothes, so it may be linked in my brain with new baby, but it is such a lovely subtle smell and a sensitive wash... like other PPs I buy it on sale (as a treat since it is expensive when compared to regular bulk brands).

Those that add essential oils - where/ when do you add them to the wash? Are there any rules to remember in terms of material types/ amount/ exposure to sunlight?

#23 NightRain

Posted 14 May 2008 - 09:02 PM

I really don't go for smell. Love Biozet but only because the clothes come out clean.
My BIL is compulsive about having thing that smell like washing powder and fabric softner and has those air wick smell things all through his house. It gives me a head ache.

#24 silne

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:20 AM

Laundry detergent smells generally give me a headache or make me feel nauseous.

We use OMO Sensitive powder (not the liquid -- it has a smell) because the clothes smell CLEAN instead of SCENTED.

OH and Earth's Choice gave me the WORST headache when I tried it on a friend's recommendation. It also gave DD2 a really nasty rash all over her body.

#25 **Maroon6**

Posted 15 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

I'm another OMO lover. It has a nice clean smell, not perfumey.

You can smell it through the house. Very fresh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

This mum has donated over 2,000 litres of breast milk

The mother-of-two was diagnosed with hyper-lactation.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Call to teach kids about breastfeeding at school

The aim is to increase breastfeeding rates and reduce stigma.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

'Working for nothing': Childcare crisis pushes Sydney parents to the brink

Most parents are experiencing substantial difficulties with the financial burden and lack of availability of childcare, as costs have more than doubled for some families in just over a decade.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Paying $2.50 for a babycino? This is why...

Aren't babycinos just a bit of froth? Not so, it seems...

I'm a stay-at-home mum who's an awful housewife

"Hey, come here a second," my mum said as she replaced the book in my hands with a wooden spoon covered in what I prayed was red sauce. Together, we walked into the kitchen and hovered over the skillet like we were peering into a crystal ball. Looking into my future, I saw me eating a lot of take away.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.