• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 catalyst

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:48 PM

New thread time ladies, link to old thread:

http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index....howtopic=481542

#2 balah

Posted 04 March 2008 - 05:36 AM

Edited by becca99, 29 May 2008 - 04:16 PM.

#3 Bloomer

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

Hello, my parents are gone and DH is still in Singapore. We are going for the 3rd term.  There is no way she can get into the international school before then.  We will be gone for 2 years.. It will be an interesting adventure.  DH has already started work there so we will be doing a visit during the April school holidays.  Hope we can keep up the pace.  Should not be too bad staying in one place at least though looking for a place to live.  I have no idea what area we will be living in.

Hope all is ok and over the coughs and colds.  I will not miss the coughs and colds of winter. though I am sure we will have enough time to catch a couple before we leave.  Saying that I have never been as sick as I was in Singapore for a long time..

#4 Michaella

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:13 AM

Hello again everyone...

Sounds like everyone has such busy lives I am not alone there... Soccer season starts today so our weekends are once again FULL! With Shannon on Saturday and Brett on Sunday it pretty much covers it all.

Brianna wanted to play soccer this year - we were all for it.. but it clashes with dancing so she made a choice. I am trying to enrol her in Indoor soccer as that will eb on an afternoon when she is free.

Brianna had a photo shoot thing for dancing last weekend. The photos look really great. The photographer took a ncie mix of staged and casual shots.. there is such a lovely one of her with 3 mates having a good old laugh... just love it.... it affirms for me she is fitting in nicely at her new dance school.

I am madly planning the birthday parties. Witht hem 5 days apart we have decided to go for the two partes in one day thing. I swore they would never have to have a combined party (I hated it as a kid) so we are going with Brianna's fairy party (We had the most amazing Fairy last year - she is an early childhood teacher - all the fairy parties we have been to don't even come close to this lady. She did Brianna's last year and it was a smashing success with all the kids - boys and girls from 3 to 8 years old. This year she is coming dressed as a Princess and plans some different activities.) which will go from 10-12 then Shannon's reptile (ewwww... lizards, snakes crocodile etc) party from 2-4. In between we will have a BBQ for the family and good friends that go to both parties... We did it this way last year and it worked really well.

Becca - Hope you are all recovering.. I never know what is worst everyone sick all at once - (gets it over with) or one sick after another.  You sound as busy as me... sometimes I wonder if by letting our kids do all they do if I am denying them some "down time" to just play iykwim. Shannon only has Thursday and some Friday afternoons when he can have mates over.

Cathy - That move sure sounds exciting. I have heard some of those international school to be wonderful. A friend of mine use to work at the one in Singapore. She is now working at an international school in Hong Kong. My Dh use to travel to Singapore quite a bit for work.. he enjoyed it.

Alice - That whole sending to school thing is such a big choice isn't it.. in a way I was kinda glad most of the decision was taken out of our hands because of the school they will go to later in their lives. I think, too, I felt added pressure as Dh basically said you are the teacher- you make the decision, you know what is best. The kids are both loving dancing right now.. more so than before which I wasn't sure was possible. I am really happy witht he move we made to new schools for them. Brianna's is technically excellent but quite strict whereas Shannon's is a lot more relaxed. They seem to "fit" them perfectly. Hopefully you can find one that suits Ryan - and the budget just right. (Don't even start me on the $$$ we fork out to dancing...it is a bit scary!)

Hi everyone else- I am trying to get back in here more often... here's hoping.

#5 spinifex

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:41 AM

Hi ladies,

am just up and wide awake (although very tired) as Isobel has been really wakeful tonight, and for the past few weeks.

So thought I'd drop in and say hello.

Bec, hope everyone is starting to feel better at your house.

Cathy, how exciting what a really interesting experience for your children. Hope it all goes well for you getting organised to get there.

Michaella, your birthday party sounds fantastic and what a sensible way to run it. I am so unimaginative with parties at the moment.

Hello to everybody else, didn;t have anything special to write, just wanted to say hello.

Bye for now.

#6 balah

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:11 AM

Edited by becca99, 29 May 2008 - 04:17 PM.

#7 Tealdash

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:56 PM

Hiya!!

Just quickly, all is well here!!!

For those wanting the link its here http://groups.msn.com/AprilMums  if that dosent work, pm me your email addies and I'll send you the invite thingy...

#8 Michaella

Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:02 AM

I have submitted a membership request - thanks Malnic!!

Off to reading at S's school now....

Then I am coming home and actually staying here today.. desperately NEED some home time!!! (Until 2.00 when it is time to go and run the Uniform Shop at S's school then take him to dancing then soccer training)... Arrrgghhh

#9 Tealdash

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

Donna, B is gorgeous!! I love her hair!!! original.gif original.gif

#10 balah

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:42 AM

Hi everyone,

where has everyone gone???????

Hope your all well

Bec

#11 Tealdash

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:31 AM

Hi Bec! That was me on Facebook!..lol..(nicole m)wasnt sure if you realised who it was...thanks for adding me!

Is anyone else on Facebook?

We are well here! Noah is going great! We went to the health nurse last week and he put on 500g in 2 weeks, so super happy with that!! Jess is still loving him! I am finding it a bit hard at the moment still to divide my attention evenly between the two, I seem to be constantly feeding/settling etc Noah, but Jess is pretty patient, so I think she is coping well. Mum has gone home now too after being here for 5 weeks, so we are on our own! DH has been away working too so he hasnt been around much since Noah was born, but I am hoping that things will slow down for him soon so he dosent miss out on too much!!

Jess is great! Still loving school and her ballet!! She is getting an award tomorrow at assembly, so I cant wait to go and see her recieve it, seeing as we werent told about the first one back in Feb! She has an easter hat parade tomorrow too, so tonight we have to get cracking on a hat! (we were only told about it yesterday..lol) hopefully we can come up with something!!!!

Leah, what are you doing this year for Lucas's birthday? Cant believe that its that time of year again!!!

Bec, that must have been nice at Seaworld!! I would love to go there one day!!

Spinifex, hiiiii!!! I dont think that I have said hello to you yet!! Terrible I know!!! Great to see you back!! I do remember you from wayyyyy back!!  biggrin.gif

I know that I havent replied to everyone! But I hope that you are all well!!!!

Love me

#12 Bloomer

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:55 PM

I am on facebook as well.  Are you guys part of the Essential Baby group I think one of the girls in my parent group started.. Not that I have even looked at it lately I am addicted to Scramble(the boggle clone) I never played boggle as a kid and I am not great at it but it is fun..

I better rush off it is after 10 and a need to find my sewing machine to make a Mary costume..  Glad DH is away still the kitchen is a mess..

#13 Tealdash

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:55 PM

Happy Easter!!!!!

I hope you all had a lovely day today!! Enjoy the long weekend!!!!

Nic

#14 balah

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:39 AM

Edited by becca99, 29 May 2008 - 04:17 PM.

#15 Bloomer

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

Lovely easter as DH came home but now looks like we are not going to Singapore  I am a bit angry about it all but I am sure we will find a load of positives in it..

#16 canberragirl

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

Oh wow Cathy. What an upset!!!! Hope you are all ok.

#17 Tealdash

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:41 PM

Happy 5th Birthday Lucas!!!!! (for the 21st March original.gif ) (sorry its so late!!)

Happy 5th Birthday Kedan!!!!! (for yesterday original.gif )

Happy Birthday Bec!!!!! (for today! original.gif )

Edited by Malnic, 01 April 2008 - 11:17 AM.

#18 -Leah-

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:05 AM

Happy Birthday Kedan original.gif  How was the dinosaur party?

Happy Birthday Bec original.gif

Thanks  for the birthday wishes (March, not Feb!) Lucas had a great day, with a LaaLaa themed party.  I figure it's pretty much the last time the Teletubbies can be considered cool.  We gave him a little Tubbies set, and a number scale thing, which he plays with lots.

Cathy, how annoying with things changing so much.  I figure you can get used to anything, it's just when things chop and change that it's really annoying!

We've been away camping for the weekend, and had  a pretty good time.  

I haven't posted for too long, and now am blank about what we've been doing.  Must post again soon.

Happy birthday planning for everyone,
original.gif

#19 Tealdash

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:22 AM

Oh der sorry Leah!!!! tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  I was only thinking this morning, hey Lucas's birthday is the day after Noahs..how funny....no wonder!! I had the wrong month!!!!!!!! Sorry Lucas!!! blush.gif  blush.gif  Whats Laalaa? Ooohh that weigh it up game looks great!!! Where abouts did you go camping? original.gif

Cathy, sorry to hear that your singapore plans have been cancelled! Is DH still going?

#20 -Leah-

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

How's Noah going, Nic?

Laalaa is the yellow teletubby.  We went camping at Batemans Bay which was really nice.  Lucas adored being so close to the beach, although he didn't actually get real wet.  After one dash into the waves, he made a 'sand angel' and came out in a terrible rash.  

I'm currently monitoring my blood pressure 3 times daily (after  a routine drs visit showed surprising blood pressure), and worrying that the dr recommended a mammogram (no symtoms!).  The first appointment isn't for 6 weeks, so that's a lot of worrying!  My Mum got breast cancer when she was 39, so the dr said something about it being a concern when i am 5 years younger than that (actually, it's closer than that now  wub.gif )  Anyway, I have no symptoms, but it's just scary.  Of course, this will be helping my blood pressure no end!

DH's out playing poker tonight, so I might go knit in front of the tv original.gif

#21 canberragirl

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:21 PM

Hapy Birthday Kedan!

Happy Birthday Lucas!

Happy Birthday Bec!

Leah, oh goodness girl, you take care of yourself! Sorry to hear that your blood pressure is up. But it's good that you and your doctor are monitoring it.

Nothing much happening here. I need to organise Ryan's birthday party for the end of the month. I'm going interstate again this week for yet another meeting. Can't wait til we get a new boss and I can stop doing the managerial stuff. It is a bit much pressure for me.  wacko.gif  Oh and we're off to Victoria in the first week of the local school holidays to stay with my aunt and see my cousins' little kids for the first time.  happy.gif

I'm trying to remember to check in here regularly. I'm so rarely online though...

#22 Tealdash

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

Leah, Batemans Bay looks lovely!!! I bet those cabins would be nice to stay in!! The prices are quite good!  Camping would have been fun, was it busy?  Oh gawd so sorry to hear about the high blood pressure, great to hear though that your doctor is on to it!! Will be thinking of you when you go for your mammogram, and that everything will be okay!!!! Take care of yourself!!!

Alice, you jetsetter you!!! I hope you have a great time away at your aunts!!! Any word on when there will be a new boss?? Is Ryan having a big party?

Noah is going great! @5 weeks 5.1kg 60cms long! Sleeping is getting better!! Will have to update the photos!!!

LOve me

#23 Bloomer

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:34 PM

Hello

Leah if you work out how to sort out your BP let me know I have had issues since Grace was born.  Her birthday today so she is 5...  She was very happy to sit on the birthday chair today along side another girl today(the other girl was the 1st of April but they did a farm visit yesterday).. May do a new sig tomorrow night after DH flies out to Singapore for his final trip..

#24 -Leah-

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:32 AM

Happy Birthday Grace original.gif

#25 Tealdash

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:07 PM

Happy 5th Birthday Grace!!!!!

and

Happy 5th Birthday Nathan!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.