Funny pregnancy/birthing stories??

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#1 gooddad

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:14 AM

As I am sure you are all aware, you tend to lose your mind just a little while pregnant!!

Reading all the intense discussions on here I thought it might be time to lighten things up a little.

What is the funniest thing you, or someone else has done due to pregnancy?

I have one.

After my wife had given birth and was in the maternity ward with bub. After a few days she said to me- (whispering)"Seany, none of the ladies in here look pregnant!!!" to which I replied- "maybe because they have all had their babies???"......"ohhhh, yeah!"

Another one.

I was in the common room of the maternity ward making some toast, there was a new mum in there waiting for the kettle to boil. After a bit she asked "excuse me, do you know why this kettle isn't working?" I went and had a small chuckle to myself. She had the kettle sitting straight on the bench with the base of it sitting right next to it wondering why it wasn't boiling. I picked the kettle up and placed it on it's base, "that might help." She just shook her head.

#2 mtold

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:23 AM

birth story -
I was giving birth to my daughter and the doctor said -

'It is easier to have a baby if you open your legs' and I replied can I do that on the next one. rolleyes.gif

#3 emwill

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:59 AM

My waters broke right on midnight when having DD2 and the contractions were coming all on top of each other with immense pain that I couldn't talk or breath for that matter. DH said "Aren't you forgetting something"... What the??? You haven't wished me a Happy Birthday yet!!! ohmy.gif Your kidding right!!!He was laughing hysterically...I was trying not too. cause it hurt too much cry1.gif  at 12.29 he had his birthday present! And thats ALL he got! grin.gif A pretty GREAT present if I do say so myself! Emma

#4 beck22

Posted 26 February 2008 - 11:43 AM

About 2 minutes after I had just given birth to our daughter after a 36 hour labour my DF said to me "lets have another one" he was totally serious. I could of strangled him.

He still wont give up on having another one already.

Beck

#5 Alina0210

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:57 PM

Just as DS was born… he was placed on my tummy and DH said “he’s got big balls”.. and then he nearly passed out. LOL

#6 Road_to_somewhere

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:08 PM

Was not funny at the time, but upon attending the hospital for an appt, I was trying to fit into the lift (there was already two dr's and a bed in there) One Dr turns to me and says come on suck it in  wacko.gif

#7 silver-rain

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:53 PM

A friend of mine was in labour and yelling at her DH to put some socks and undies in her hospital bag for her. After bubs was born, she went to the bag to discover that he'd put his jocks and footy socks in the bag laughing2.gif She said they were more comfy than hers, so she didn't mind!!

#8 mum2boys02

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:57 PM

After 18 long hours, Cody was placed on my chest, Craig close by adoring his new son and I vomited... all over my new son & my hubby too.

Way to welcome a new child into the world.

Having the Epidural my sister did a #2 on the table, then went off her nut at her DH for farting, he wasnt game to tell her what it REALLY was lol.

Edited by mum2boys02, 26 February 2008 - 06:58 PM.

#9 Guest_abidjanaise_*

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

Before DD2 arrived, I made it clear to everyone that I didn't want any visitors in hospital -- except DH & DD1.

About 20 minutes after I gave birth (I was still in the delivery suite), my two brothers-in-law arrived, one with his Chinese wife & a bottle of champagne and some Chinese takeaway food. The midwife was really surprised when DH let them into the delivery suite, and I was not impressed.

I was lying naked on the gory delivery bed, holding the baby naked on my chest, catheter in, with only a sheet to cover me.

They waltzed in and proceeded to open the champagne and pass it around with the food, even eating and drinking in front of me. I couldn't even get one hand out from under the sheet to hold a glass, much less two hands to hold some food and a fork. They kept coming up to lift up the sheet and look at the baby (talk about invading personal space). I was using my one free hand to clutch the sheet to me as best as I could.

I was shooting dagger-eyes at DH who started wolfing down the food & champagne. It took them almost an hour to get my unsubtle hints and leave.

I don't know what'll happen with DD3's arrival as no one seemed to take my wishes seriously in the first place! No visitors, please.

#10 kristabelle01

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

When I was in labour with DD1, DH decided it was time to turn the light on as dusk was approaching. He went over to the wall and pressed the first thing he saw - the cardiac arrest alarm ohmy.gif  laughing2.gif  The poor midwife (who was new to the hospital) couldn't get to the door fast enough to yell out that everything was ok - apparently the whole hospital would have come running... DH still tells everyone 2 and a half years later rolleyes.gif  I was mortified at the time. blush.gif

#11 boymakingmachine

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:10 PM

I was nearing the end of my labour with DS2 and was sitting on the side of the bed sucking the gas and leaning on my mum. DH was sitting opposite me, i started to get the urge to push and as i did my waters broke....all over DH's feet/legs. I opened my eyes brielfy to see him jump/leap across the room! I stood up and 2 pushes later jack was out!!
Poor hubby had been saying for weeks that the waters breaking was the worst part of labour (FOR HIM ANYWAY!!) and then they broke all over him, he still tells the story!

#12 amber84

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

My son was born on a toilet...... My DH likes to tell everyone lol

Being a very fast progressing labor, 1.5 hours total. Before we left for the hospital i needed to go to the toilet... and my DH wasn't impressed, told me not a good idea as i might have the baby their and then... well I didn't but when i got to the hosp and got into the delivery suite had to go again, an well got up from the toilet and that was it my son was coming right their and then....., so even though it wasn't my toilet it was still a toilet lol... DH said to me I am not aloud to go near a toilet with the next one! laughing2.gif

also as things happened so quickly we didn't have a chance to drop DS1 off at his nan's house so he was their with us... when i came out of the bathroom with the baby and got onto the bed, He told me the baby was a naughty boy because he didn't wait for me to get on the bed to pop out!

Edited by amber84, 06 June 2008 - 10:01 PM.

#13 lani82

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:15 PM

I was so high on gas with #1 I fell off the bed head first, luckily someone caught me around the hips. I was left dangling while they screamed for help, apparently I couldn't stop laughing.  blush.gif

#14 Guest_roomformore_*

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

these are great.....

i went into labour with my first at 7am and didn't realise this was real labour until 11am.. i had done some ironing, had a shower, just niggly contractions really..

rang the obgyn he said come in and see me (2 days b4 due date). by 11.45am we were being seen by him and i was 7cms... ooops now the pain was really bad.  he said get straight to the hospital and i will meet you there.. i could barely walk! as i was walking out his door a very pregnant 'Kate Cebrano' walked in and held the door open for me  original.gif  i am a big fan, as was in more shock of seeing her than the fact i was about to have a baby...

i kept saying to DH, thats Kate Cebrano, he just kept saying 'i know honey, but we really need to focus on getting to the hosptial.'

at 12.30 we just made it to the labour bed and had our little boy. i jokingly said to my husband 'it would of been nice if she could come and sing to me during labour'  laughing2.gif

#15 julies1980

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:51 PM

i haven't had the experience of labour yet but just reading them is good see the fun side of the whole experience biggrin.gif

#16 ~Purple Rhino~

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:59 PM

When i was in labour with ds1 i had a bad case of the runs for the whole labour, so here i am sitting on the toilet very late in my labour with the gas tube hanging out of my mouth i noticed dh standing with the door to the toilet open and i got self conscoius and asked him to shut the door as the midwife might see me (bright i know as she delivered my baby an hour later) and he commented that with all the gas he thought he better keep an eye on me, so with that i started to sing and dance "you wanna watch me on the toilet" repeatedly, and yes the midwife could hear. blush.gif
After i had delivered him we were waiting on the placenta, as i was partially sitting up i watched it come out, looked up at dh and the midwife and said "mmmmmm desert." sick.gif
Yes i am all class and yes i had had gas and pethadine.

#17 Pinkbug

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:22 AM

roll2.gif

#18 GrizzlyMadams

Posted 10 June 2008 - 09:39 AM

After having a C/S I chucked a spaz about the catheter and morphine drip and made someone come and take them out, but I had a visit from the "pain management" team first.

Let's just say that 3 x 5mg Endone tabs were too much.  I referred to DD as DS for about 12 hours, then a couple of hours after my parents left I turned to DH and said "Were my parents just here?" (they had spent about half a day there) and THEN turned to him and said "Oh, I just realised when we leave we'll have to take the baby with us!"

Um, derr.

Edited by GrizzlyMadams, 10 June 2008 - 09:39 AM.

#19 *Natski82*

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:13 AM

laughing2.gif  laughing2.gif  laughing2.gif
"mmmmmm desert."

I asked DP what it looked like (The Birth) with her coming out etc, expecting a detailed response on what a beautiful experience it was, I simply got with his pale face

"Its seen better days" blink.gif  laughing2.gif

Edited by ~PrincessHollie~, 10 June 2008 - 10:15 AM.

#20 smudged

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:55 PM

According to DH, one of the best bits was when the midwife told me "no I couldn't have the baby on the toilet, (I'd been slepping backwards on it, so I had a bruise on my head from the button), so how did I want to labour".  I turned to her and said "No I can't look that up online whilst at work".

I'd also replied to another question with "I'd like a cup of flour".

Thankfully I'd told DH what I wanted and he made sure it happened  grin.gif  But yea, from about 10am- 4:30pm, I was alseep on the toilet backwards.

#21 ~~~

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

roll2.gif roll2.gif roll2.gif roll2.gif roll2.gif

Just what I needed laughing2.gif

Edited by veronicab, 14 June 2008 - 09:44 PM.

#22 WOBGEM

Posted 15 June 2008 - 03:30 PM

First Labour (DS) - Quotable Quote was from my OB who had just done an internal on me in his rooms.  It was 1 day past DS's EDD and he moved his fingers and WOOSH all over the bed, and the floor (OB jumped out of the way) and OB said "Hmmm, that wasn't meant to happen!"  LOL... he wasn't attempting to break my waters... I got him back giving birth at 11:48pm after a 3 hr labour - sorry Doc!

2nd Labour (DD1) - I arrived 8cm and Middy said she woudln't check me again as the baby was just 'there' and only membranes holding bubs in.  I was in the shower for a little while and just got to the bed to have gas when OB arrived... OB broke waters (this time on purpose) and I got back off the bed and back sucking on the gas.  After about 4-5 contractions OB asked "If I was going to push?!?!" and I said "No, I think I'm fine like this, thanks anyway tho!" (I was off my bits on gas, & buck naked with my head leaning onto the bed ... off my chops!) ... Middy took the gas off me and 'hid' it under the pillow ... I gave her a filty and punched the bid (Massive tantee) ... and then said "OH, alright then!" ... and birthed my DD1... I checked her bits and said "She's a girl" ... OB said yes, and I so "NO, she's a REAL girl" ... what did I think he thought she was  blink.gif

DD3 - Went into labour with her, arrived at hospital, DH put the TV on and said "Great Sharapova is playing, you'll have someone to grunt against!"  laughing2.gif

Edited by Bowie, 15 June 2008 - 03:30 PM.

#23 lorri38

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

Love these posts..... So here is one from me.

Funny now - not then....

With my first i got a labour with the lot - long labour, forceps, episiotomy, blood transfusion, you name it. So you can imagine how happy i was just after my son was born, i needed some help and looked over to find all the midwives attending to my ex-DH as he had fainted - flat out on the floor! Poor thing, the birth was too much for him.

#24 ~obsidian~

Posted 16 June 2008 - 08:30 PM

Bowie I hear ya on the gas...

With our daughter's birth I was standing labouring and doing a bit of an Irish jig type dance move to get me through contractions and was starting to think I was a leprechaun - I said to the middy "Is it St Patricks Day?" (it was July).

Preggy story - got in my car about to leave work, thought "OK, why aren't we moving", I had sat in the passengers seat...

#25 aratiaw

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:06 PM

A friend also had the gas during labour, and apparently out of the blue said, "But Bert and Ernie aren't gay, they're brothers!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Ideas for recording baby milestones

Get the props, lights and camera ready to record the milestone moments in your baby's first months and years. Tip: set a reminder in your phone (or jot it in a calendar) to make sure you remember it every month.

From penis amputation to fatherhood

After a botched circumcision as a child, Mike Moore was left without a penis. Years later, and after meeting the right surgeon, he was able to become a dad - naturally.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Your baby's first shoes, made with your own hands

Imagine someone saying to you, "Your baby?s shoes are magnificent, where?d you get them?" And you reply, "Oh, these? I made them."

Mother bites off pit bull's ear to save toddler

What would you do if your child was being attacked by a vicious dog? One mother recently had to learn the hard way.

Couple dies 15 hours apart after 70 years of marriage

A couple who held hands at breakfast every morning even after 70 years of marriage have died 15 hours apart.

Behind the scenes of Kate and George's cuddly photo

Every face is partially obscured, but there's no denying the happiness and love in the faces of the royal mum and bub.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Your baby?s developmental roadmap

Caring for your new baby can feel like driving along a dark highway without a GPS: you know your destination ? a happy, healthy human being ? but you?re not sure whether you?re heading in the right direction.

Breaking out of the isolation of motherhood

There can be many reasons for mummy isolation ? and you don?t have to be a new mother to feel like you're often doing it all alone. Here, mums share their stories of feeling isolated, and what they do to try to break out of it.

The billionaire baby with $10,000 worth of prams

When money is no object you can go all out when it comes to baby transportation, as this billionaire socialite has shown.

Medication helps depressed mums to breastfeed

Breastfeeding mums are often told their medication may pass into their milk, but a new study suggests the benefits of taking antidepressants are greater than any risks to baby.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.