GOLD  ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif

#3 ~Girk~

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

Silver!!!

smile1.gif  smile1.gif  smile1.gif

#4 Stalkersue

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:36 PM

BRONZE
Yay I have been waiting for this, first bronze, then Silver and then Gold Next the World, tee hee Melsb, you were right.

Edited by suek1995, 19 February 2008 - 07:38 PM.

#5 BboysFlygirl

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:47 PM

(.)(.) prize Tounge1.gif

BBL

#6 Melli

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:22 PM

I have a new belly shot!

Freshly taken a few minutes ago, and it has since occurred to me that I should have taken my belly support belt off because that does squish me down a bit, but eh, too late!

There we go, 31 weeks and 4 days.

#7 Lump-of-Coal

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

No where near the podium!

Carly - God I can't remember what you asked me, have to go back to the old thread...ah hah, first bub was 6lbs 5oz, induced at 37.5w.

Cal - Thanks for posting the table, my bubs matches sizing age and weight - approx 33 weeks. I reckon it will level off soon.

Melsb - Obs has been saying 7 - 7 1/2 pounds since about week 28 and is sticking to it. I'm happy with that original.gif

Great bumps girls, keep them coming. Mine is moving around at the moment - going to nigh, nighs!!

#8 maddy01

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:36 PM

Hi All,

K - I really feel for you and hope things improve soon and you get the medical attention you need.

Briella - great suits!  And congrates on 30 weeks - fingers crossed for the next milestone.

Well it's bloody hot in Melbourne tonight and my feet look like flippers they're so swollen.  Back to A&E yesterday with DP who had another nasty headache attack.  He had 2 IV drips and some new painkillers which did nothing.  They now think it's tension headaches - sounds pretty lame considering the dreadful excruciating pain he's in, but apparently they can be that bad.  So it's back to rest + panadol + nurofen and some other thing to help re-establish a good sleeping pattern.  Hope this is it... it's leaving me feeling rather flat and unable to get motivated, which is tricky as I'm trying to get ready for finishing up at work in a few weeks and also get the house ready.  Hmmm...

Loving the latest crop of bellies... will try and add mine soon.  

Love Mad
x

#9 Loll80

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:57 AM

Morning Girls  original.gif

How is everyone today?

CArly - sorry to hear that you will need to have your gall bladder removed. ouch. But yay to earlier induction hopefully

k- How are you going? I am not really sure what advice to offer but i just hope you know we are thinking of you.

Alicia - those suits are just gorgeous  wub.gif

melli - gorgeous bump there  biggrin.gif

All is well here besides siatica and major heartburn. I am feeling really huge and hoping the next 8 weeks just fly by. Very very over it!

I officially can't shave my own bikini area anymore so went and got it waxed yesterday  laughing2.gif My sister does it so it wasn't as embarassing - i can barely get on and off the bed to have it done without moaning and groaning LOL.
I find my pain threshold is a lot less than usual- anyone else find this too?

#10 kiaralee

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:07 AM

Lauren i have been getting a brazillizn for over 7 yrs no and i definately agree it hurts more now im pg. maybe im just in a  sooky mood original.gif
Mel. what a gorgeous belly pic original.gif
right now im back to see what i missed from the last thread.

#11 AuntyK

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:25 AM

Hey guys! Still here. Thanks for the good wishes and thoughts.

Well, not sure how I am feeling today. Kinda tired, upset, yet relieved all at the same time. Tired cause I'm just exhausted from all the drama going on, relieved cause Mik called yesterday afternoon and he has another interview here tomorrow morning so is coming home tonight (he was due home next week for me to go to NZ, but is coming home early for the interview and to also help me with the boys). And upset??? I don't even know where to start with this one...

OK, so Riordan has calmed back to his usual disruptive, but not in meltdown self as of yesterday morning. Had some drama getting him out of the house to go to school, but other than that, no problems. Liam (13yo) on the other hand? He has been getting more and more of a handful all week. He has been reasonably good since coming home after the holidays, a few angry moments, a couple of days off school, but generally OK. Until yesterday afternoon! Without going into the full details, he ended up in a rage, I had to restrain him, and in the process of doing so he hit me really hard in the stomach. This is my worst nightmare right now! He is not a small boy (he is 6ft2in and really strong) and it wasn't done with any restraint. I of course freaked, broke down in tears, didn't know what to do. Luckily it was at the top of the uterus (baby is head down as of last week) and so I didn't think there was any damage, but boy did it hurt! Anyhoo, I sat down for a while, baby seemed to want to get out of the position he was in, heaps of movement and squirming, but then settled nicely. No cramping, no blood, baby still moving fine today. So no trip to the hospital, which was my worst fear last night - how I was going to do it with 5 kids in tow!!!!

Anyway, today I am just drained. Looking forward to Mik coming home and helping to handle these children of mine. Once upon a time I would cope with this fine, but I think the pregnancy and the time this has been going on has just totally used up any energy I have to handle it. Need to call the psychologist today and let her know what happened. Whilst I feel like we are making progress with the psych, its so damn slow!!!! And doesn't help when we get into situations like yesterday.

Am also looking forward to my trip to NZ next week now! I wasn't, I really didn't feel like playing celebrity teacher for the weekend, but now I think a few days out will do me good!!!!

Carly - enjoy those cuddles! I wish I could hold a little baby right now! When this bubba is born he is all MINE!!!! No sharing.

Maddy - I can't believe they can't find a cause! There has to be SOMETHING! I hope your DH gets better soon.

Hokay - off to do some resting and tidying. With MIk coming home tonight, I spose I should at least make a small effort! Talk later girls.

K

PS - I hope I haven't freaked you out with the nasty details of my life! You have all been so understanding so far, and it does help to be able to process it all by typing it down. Thanks girls!  wub.gif

#12 whydoibother

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:27 AM

hello
well another cool day here today! so annoying going from 39 to 19 overnight!
Carly: hope the gallstones are gonna settle down and have fun seeing your friends bubby today
Maddy: yep tension headaches can be that bad unfortunately.  i saw a myotherapist while pregnant for my bad headaches and that helped.  also thought about chiro?
Never had a Brazilian wax or any wax in that area i just shave as I am impatient.  I had to buy a beard shaver the other day to shave it laughing2.gif it worked well!  i had to use the mirror though to see.
lauren: hope the sciatica settles down too!
melli: tiny belly there! must be the belly belt  tongue.gif

#13 bumbum

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:58 AM

Morning All,

Alicia - Awwww, I love the gift  wub.gif Any chance the names you have chosen for the boys begin with S and B?  tongue.gif

K - I am always thinking of you. I hope and pray that the medical attention you receive will help.

Carly - I must have missed a post about your gall bladder??? I hope it behaves till you have the op. Enjoy your day at you g/f's.

Melli - What a lovely belly shot. You're looking great.

Mad - I hear you on the hot night we had. I didn't sleep a wink, tossing and turning all night. Your poor DP, I can't imagine the pain he must be in. I hope it gets better for the both of you soon.

Lauren - Ah yes!! The sciatica  rant.gif I am suffering with mine and I am not looking forward to the next 10 weeks. It's the worst at night and I often find myself in tears because I can't stand the pain.

Well, today the floorboards are going into the rooms. So once again, more cleaning and sorting for me to do. However, once it's all done it will look a million bucks.

I'm struggling with my feet atm. The soles of my feet(the area below my toes) are swollen and puffy, plus it hurts when I appy pressure to it. Do you think this coudl just be due to me being on my feet alot lately???? I find it so hard to walk at times and to stand for a length of time.

I have a birth refresher class to goto with DF on Thursday. I'm looking forward to it   biggrin.gif

So here's a belly pic I took this morning. Please excuse the dusty mirror, it's due to all the renovations we have been doing.

Enjoy your day girls

C

#14 *~*~MelliE~*~*

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:08 AM

Morning ladies

HAPPY 30 WEEKS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have my antenatal app today, apps are every 2 weeks since week 28 so should make things go a little faster  biggrin.gif

week 30 belly pic

bumbum- i love wooden floor boards there gonna look so nice, gorgous belly shot  wub.gif

luckynumber7- i agree a few days out for you would be excellent  biggrin.gif

SasoraK- awww how cute, my friend had her baby last week, it gets me so excited when i see newborns biggrin.gif

Hi everyone else
waves.gif

#15 Busy working mum

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:28 AM

Well the only bonus of having such a bad cold and now being able to take antibiotics is that I'm now officially on Maternity Leave!  biggrin.gif

And since DH is home sick with me, I thought it was only fair that I dragged him into my nesting faze by making him help me fill the wonderful hutch he built for me:
The buffet & hutch that DH built for me!

On a bad note, the lady at medicare yesterday told me she thought I was due any day now, rather than another 10 weeks! I was so upset  cry1.gif
You be the judge with my last 2 photo's to compare:

28 weeks
30 weeks

If anything, I think I've gotten smaller?

#16 add1more

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:35 AM

32 weeks for me. 4 more till my ultrasound.  I'm still feeling very huge and stretched.   wacko.gif

melsb - your bump is georgous.  No offense intended but its such a nice smallish size.   tongue.gif

helimat - your husband must be very handy around the house.  That buffet/hutch is fantastic.  Very nice indeed.  I don't know what the medicare lady is talking about you don't look ready to pop to me.   wink.gif

bumbum - good luck with the floor boards.  We have bamboo on the floors in our house but its only a rental.  I would love to get them myself when we finally buy a house.  Also, love your belly pic too.   original.gif

luckynumber7 - I really hope this is the last of it for you and things settle down again soon.  Glad your DH will be home today to help out too.   wub.gif

maddy01 - Your poor DH and you for that matter.  I really hope they can come up with something a little more permanent for his pain relief.   hands.gif

Hello to everyone I missed.   cool.gif

Edited by add1more, 20 February 2008 - 11:37 AM.

#17 add1more

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:09 PM

Nothing new to report, just bumping us up the list.   huh.gif

#18 Stalkersue

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:25 PM

Hi,

I am excited cos my friend just rang and they have been doing IVF after 10 years of trying to get pregnant and have had a successful 2nd cycle (1st was cancelled) with 10 eggs harvested so fingers crossed now for next week.  hands.gif

Helen,  Wow your DH is amazing, that buffet is gorgeous.

K, Hold on in there, the break will do you good and at least now Mik is on his way, I hope he gets the job.

I am off on holidays tomorrow morning at 6am so will catch up with you all when I get back next week, don't type too much cos it takes too long to read catching up.

#19 Busy working mum

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:52 PM

I feel so bad  sad.gif
DH cooked dinner tonight - the first time in forever because I usually ban him from the kitchen.
Because of this cold and my extremly weak gag reflex, I was eating dinner and then had to cough and ended up  sick.gif all over my dinner plate and the table  blush.gif
Actually, now that I think about it, it's pretty funny  laughing2.gif
All DH could say was "if you didn't want me to cook, you could have just told me!" Luckily he's completely desensitised to my vomit thanks to m/s!

#20 AuntyK

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:28 PM

Mik just got home with a bunch of red gerbras (my favs) and a box of chocolates.
wub.gif

K

#21 *boyzmummy*

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:24 PM

K - That is very sweet, but you deserve it!!!!!!!

Helen - You poor thing, that must have been awful, hope you feelin better now!!
That buffet is gorgeous, your DH must be very talented!!! And congrats being on leave, must feel great, now you can really rest up!!

Sue - Have a great holiday, where are you off to?

Yeah i can sympathize with those suffering with sciatica pain, mine got really bad about a week ago and by the end of the day i felt like i could barely walk. Luckily this week it has eased off a bit which os nice especially with DH away.

Oh well of to catch up on some ironing whilst i can.

Take care

D
xo

#22 maddy01

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:06 PM

Hi everyone!

I wrote a post at work this afternoon and lost it when my machine crashed... aaagghhh! rant.gif

What beautiful belly pics melsb, bumbum, melli, helimat et al  wub.gif I keep thinking it's amazing the range of shapes and sizes given we are all within a fortnight of each other.

K - I hope things settle down for you on the home front.  Have you thought about writing a book on how to deal with teenage boys!  Actually if you are looking for a read on the subject have you seen this:  
http://www.mup.unimelb.edu.au/catalogue/0-522-85476-1.html  
It got an excellent write up in The Age a week or so ago.  Might offer a new approach?

Well I managed to go to work for a whole day today without having to rush back and look after DP.  Fingers crossed the new painkiller/sleep regime will have a positive effect and he can go back to work soon. hands.gif

On the subject of waxing - went for a brazilian about 2 weeks ago after leaving it almost 3 months.  Not a good idea to leave it that long.  It is definitely more painful now I'm pregnant!  My waxer commented (whilst inflicting a great deal of pain on my delicate parts ohmy.gif ) that the hair was coming out more easily than usual, and decided from this that I am having a boy!  Then she looked at my grossly swollen feet and said perhaps it's a girl.  I think she is just having a punt either way...

helimat - can't believe you threw up on your plate!  I hope that doesn't mean the end of being cooked for... all that and carpentry too!  You are lucky!

Of to relax in front of the telly... have a great night ladies.

Love Mad xx

#23 AuntyK

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:09 PM

Oh Helen - you poor thing!!! That would have been totally embarrassing, yet funny all at the same time! And how amazing is your DP!!!! That is so cool that he has that skill. Very cool cabinet!

Thanks for that link Maddy, will take a look and see if I can get the book. I have a couple of books here that I am trying to wade through at the moment. I just get frustrated when they give a scenario, and you have tried exactly what they suggest, and then you have a question of 'now what??'. It doesn't work, so NOW what do I do??? I need the author there to ask questions!!!

Also, I think its good to be able to tell people what I'm having, it stops all the stupid predictions!!!

Sue - happy holidays!!!!

C - good luck with those floorboards! How exciting!!!! And your feet? Not sure. Is anything else swelling? Are your shoes getting too tight and you need to wear something looser? I know that I am now reduced to Crocs just because they are a bit swollen and so when I try to wear proper shoes they get too tight and the bottoms of my feet hurt.

Mel - is that like the smallest belly ever!?!?!? Man, that is a compact little bump you have there!

Carly - meant to ask yesterday, how are they going to control the gall bladder pain until the birth? Is it just diet, or do you have other things you need to do??

Lauren - hope the pain eases soon. We are getting there! Soon it will all be over!

Busy day of appointments again tomorrow! Hope to catch up tomorrow night.

K

#24 Stalkersue

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:37 PM

Okay just got back from Kinder Committee meeting that seemed like it would never end.  Going to Hahndorf in 6 hours and haven't packed so better go, have a great weekend all, will be back next week,

Helen ROFL  sick.gif

#25 breilla

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:57 AM

Helen - laughing2.gif Classic. Pretty gross but classic.

Maddy (and the rest) I think you are all brave for going brazillian. I will continue to struggle along and tame the furry mammal using a razor and a mirror. I don't need to share your pain.  grin.gif

I know I am forgetting some stuff. Blame it on preggers brain.

Had an OB appt yesterday and near passed out when she was looking for the babies' heart rates with the doppler. I can't lay flat on my back for very long and she took forever (Blob has moved again and seems to be lying transverse across the top of my uterus). Anyway, they sent me for a CTG and another blood test. CTG was apparently they best they have seen for 30 week twins in a very long time (which is excellent) and they think that I am likely more anaemic which is why I have been feeling so 'blah' for the last couple of days.

I have been practicing a mantra, goes a little something like this:

"Not long to go. Not long to go."

Have a great day ladies! original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.