Adventure Park?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 glittermum

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

Looking at taking kids tomorrow. Is it worth the money wll cost about $160 to walk through the door. Can you get discounts anyway.

#2 Chocolate Addict

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:47 PM

Um, what adventure park?? A bit more info and we might be able to comment!! biggrin.gif

#3 2guysandagirl

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:15 PM

I'm assuming the OP is talking about Adventure Park Geelong. With all the waterslides and things.

OP I have never been but just looked at their website and I think it depends on the age of the kids, they seem to have a few height restrictions.

I'm sure others have been that can tell you if its worth it though.

I know the "Entertainment Book" had vouchers for discounted entry but you would need to find someone willing to give it away.

#4 wendyro

Posted 09 January 2008 - 04:57 PM

I went years ago before it became really big with all the waterslides. I believe it is much like Wet & Wild QLD. Well that's the impression I've been given from those who've been. Last time I went it was only $10 to get in! Bit boring though lol. I wont go now because having to pay full fare for my 8 yo who is well over the height restriction yet probably wouldn't even get on a ride! So not worth it lol

I'd say if you're going, go for the day and get your money's worth. Don't forget to take packed lunch and plenty of snacks/drinks etc because even back then the food was exxy! I'd hate to think how much you'd have to pay now!

#5 glittermum

Posted 09 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

Thanks for replies. It is for the one at Geelong sorry didn't realise there was more than one blush.gif

Edited by glittermum, 09 January 2008 - 05:44 PM.

#6 donnam

Posted 09 January 2008 - 06:51 PM

If you go would you mind letting us know what it is like?

#7 ElizabethIAm

Posted 09 January 2008 - 07:53 PM

My friend took her DD and her nephews to a waterpark just the other week and was extremely disappointed as they had waterslides but they didn't have a swimming pool.

I think the one they went to was in Torquay though but very close to the one in Geelong.

#8 glittermum

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:09 PM

We went today the kids had a blast and we didn't see them until about 3 in the afternoon. Got there at 9:30 gates open a 10 and there was all ready a queue. Oce in we got a table under the sun shade near the waterslides and the BBq's. Kids went straight on the wterslides(you sit in a tube) They were the first on it and got 10 goes straight off with out having to queue(only time it happened) Then  went off to the water pirate ship area kids loved just running around mad. Only went down the race waterslide once as the queue was very log took approx 35mins for one slide. DH and I took DS out on oe of the paddle boats which sounds relaxing but now my legs ache from making it go. We played mini golf, went on flyig fox, and did archery.
I thought it was expensive there is no family discount. There is no pool just to relax. We took food and cooked a BBQ to buy it is very expensive. We took 8 litres of water and drunk every last drop.
Would I go again probably not unless we got some sort of discount. Though the kids loved it.

#9 Natasha

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:57 PM

We go every year with my mums work for their Christmas party and I think it is very expensive, if it wasn't free I wouldn't go.  The kids have a good time but they could have just a good time elsewhere for a lot less money.

#10 donnam

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:57 PM

Thanks heaps for that. Glad you had a great day.

#11 Julie-Anne

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

We went to this place in the winter time and we spent about 2 hours there and left in disgust.  Overpriced and very overrated. The pool slide looked good but it was closed and we found the rest of the place a bit of let down and not worth it.

DS 10
DD1 8
DD2 6

#12 YouAreMySunshine

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:25 PM

Could some one please let me know it it's suitabe for a 21 mth Thinking of going in Feb as we have a discount voucher.

#13 Natasha

Posted 11 January 2008 - 03:19 PM

I'm not sure about your little one but my 2.5 year old didnt have much fun!  They are too short for most of the stuff and my DD usually loves water but she wouldn't go anywhere because there were too many people.

#14 glittermum

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:47 PM

The paddle boats are included in the entry. Electic cars & go carts are $5 for 5 mins.
I would take a child under 4 only because if the are under 110cm they are not allowed to ride on the slides.

#15 mychubbybubbies

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:03 PM

We went to this place in the winter time and we spent about 2 hours there and left in disgust.

Wouldnt it of been freezing??? Cant say I'd bother going in winter.

We have been thinking of taking our kids there but I think after reading this I will wait until they are a bit older.

#16 emm2

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:08 PM

apparently there is also a good water park in i think whittlesea, a lot better priced too.

#17 Julie-Anne

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:19 PM

Wouldnt it of been freezing??? Cant say I'd bother going in winter

Err well it wasn't exactly freezing, and the park was open so why wouldn't we go? wink.gif  If we had known what it was like inside aka ripoff city, having to pay for dodgem cars etc along with the entrance fee that's why we left in disgust.

DS 10
DD1 8
DD2 6

#18 kbear

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:03 AM

apparently there is also a good water park in i think whittlesea, a lot better priced too.

It is Funfields and is just before you get into Whittlesea about 50mins from central Melb. It has a big toboggan slide and waterslide amongst other things.

Here is the website link

#19 ~waiting~for#5~

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:20 PM

Both Funfields and Adventure Park are crap unless your a teenager Tounge1.gif They really are suited for say age 10+ IMO.

Work Christmas functions from hell, saving the petrol money this year   laughing2.gif

Oh and 21mths.. Absolutely not, unless you enjoy paying $30 a head to jump on a jumping castle?!

#20 *bucket*

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:06 PM

Wow, we went to the Geelong Adventure Park this year and had a blast. 2 adults and kids aged 11, 8 and 3 and we all loved it. It cost us $116 to get in (4 x $29, the 3 y.o. was free). We got there around 11am and stayed until it closed at 5pm. On the way home we commented that they should offer a 2 day pass as we didn't get everything done!

We all had a few turns on the two waterslides that you go down on with the tubes; only the adults and the 8 y.o. went on the race slide (11 y.o. didn't want to, not sure if the 3 y.o. could have but we decided he was too little). All the kids spent ages playing in the Bateman's Bay pirate area. We did archery, jumped on the jumping castle, rode on the train, 8 y.o. went on the flying fox, and we all rushed a game of mini golf at the end.

The park is only open Sept - April, and there are a few new attractions due to be completed by Sept, so we are fully intending on going back there next Summer to enjoy those too.

We took our lunch, drinks etc so didn't have to pay for anything other than admission, and the petrol to get there. The kids loved it and we felt it was worth it for the treat it was. I don't think we would go regularly for the prices and the distance to travel (we are way over the other side of the city), but as a special day it was great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Newborn baby found in a nativity scene

Police are trying to trace a woman who abandoned a baby boy in the manger of a church nativity scene.

Life would be harder without my kids

The Humans of New York Facebook page is well known for sharing touching, real stories from one of the world's biggest cities – and it's just hit the heart of parents everywhere.

Mum dresses as Wonder Woman for last day of chemo

A Brisbane mum dressed up as a superhero to celebrate the end of her chemotherapy and created a moment her family will remember forever.

How a raisin can predict a toddler's IQ

All you need to assess a child's future intelligence is a plastic cup and a raisin, according to new research.

Former Hi-5 member's cannabis hope

Former Hi-5 star Tim Harding hopes a cannabis-derived drug will help control his daughter's epilepsy, which sees the four-year-old suffering between 50 and 100 seizures a day.

The top 5 reasons your toddler throws a tantrum

Whilst to the outside world little people may appear to have it easy, it's actually not always the case – just ask any toddler who's had their toast cut up the wrong way.

Glenn McGrath thought he'd lost his wife and baby

Australian cricket ledged Glen McGrath has spoken about the moment he thought he might lose his wife, Sara and their baby daughter, Madison.

Inside my Centrelink nightmare

Mother Bec Smith has been trying for months to access Centrelink payments. A "serious error" is preventing her.

Warnings over push for hourly childcare billing

Australia's peak childcare body has called for caution around the Turnbull government's push for childcare centres to charge parents by the hour, not by the day.

Cate Blanchett thought about adopting for years

Cate Blanchett says her recent adoption of a baby girl had nothing to do with wanting a daughter after having three sons.

Kate Walsh: 'I can't have kids'

Grey's Anatomy star Kate Walsh has revealed she is unable to have children because she has experienced early menopause.

The parasite that could boost fertility

The Tsimane women of Bolivia are often revered as among the most fertile in the world - on average having 10 children in their lifetimes -- but some are even more fertile than others.

Family may sue cousin over genetics

A Melbourne couple is suing the Royal Children's Hospital for failing to diagnose a genetic disorder in their first child - an error they allege caused them to have another child with severe disabilities.

Strange things mums have done in labour

While most women in labour focus on the upcoming birth of their baby, some women do more interesting things.

Michael Clarke reveals baby's name

When Michael Clarke said he was wrapped around the finger of his little princess, he wasn't joking.

The logistics of breastfeeding twins

Our life is more or less divided into neat four hour parcels of time and it's hard to get much of anything done in the time between feeds.

How to stop people ruining Christmas

We can make a conscious effort about how we react to those curly Christmas day scenarios that can send us up the wall, or should we say chimney.

Lots of formula offers for desperate mum

The mum who was down to her last three tins of baby formula said she had received hundreds of calls and offers to send her formula.

Surviving breast cancer while pregnant

It was last thing Rebecca O'Donnell expected at 30 weeks' pregnant. One morning, while putting on her bra, she felt a pea-sized lump in her right breast.

Cot sheet brands for the nursery

With so many awesome cot sheet options these days, we thought we'd put together a list of go-to brands for you to seek out for your baby's bed.

What's hot on EB

How I survived breast cancer while pregnant

It was last thing Rebecca O'Donnell expected at 30 weeks' pregnant. One morning, while putting on her bra, she felt a pea-sized lump in her right breast.

Grieving father's letter to Bataclan terrorists: "...this little boy will threaten you by being happy and free"

A grieving father whose wife was killed in the attacks on the Bataclan Theatre last weekend has written an open letter to her killers.

5 challenges of motherhood - and how to see them differently

Despite the smiles, the sloppy kisses and the pure magic children bring to our lives, it's hard to deny that motherhood can be tough.

4 challenges of being a new dad - and how to face them

Becoming a parent is challenging – and that applies to both mums and dads.

My battle against antenatal and postnatal depression

I was five months pregnant when I realised I needed help.

Children swapped at birth will not be returned to biological parents

A boy and girl accidentally swapped on the day they were born will stay with the families who have raised them, a South African court has ruled.

A quarter of men believe they get 'man periods'

A British study has revealed one in four men believe they have a monthly cycle.

Baby deposit

How much do you need to save for a 'baby deposit'?

It's fairly straightforward to calculate a house deposit, but how much money do you need to save up for a baby?

Dad's beautiful note to his wife, a nurse

To anyone else it might just look like a picture of a mum having a nap with her toddler.

'I was a complete schmuck': Mike Baird opens up about his wife's postnatal depression

When his wife Kerryn was not well following the birth of their daughter, NSW Premier Mike Baird buried himself in his work.

Mum's desperate plea as whooping cough alert issued

A desperate mother has shared a heart-breaking video of her baby struggling to cope with a coughing fit caused by pertussis.

Coffee could help you live longer

New US research found people who report drinking three to five cups of coffee a day are less likely to die prematurely from heart disease, suicide, diabetes or Parkinson's disease.

The joy and dread of playdates

To live vicariously through your child is to rediscover anxieties you thought dead and buried.

Sick baby could die without scarce special formula, mum says

Lizzie Cann is down to her last three tins of a special formula in short supply.

Adorable toddler's strop foiled by squeaky shoes

We're probably all familiar with the pouty bottom lip and tightly crossed arms of a tot mid-strop.

More sex during World Cup created more baby boys

More sex during South Africa's World Cup meant a disproportionately high number of boys were born nine months later, a new study has found.

Win one of two ABC Shop prize packs in time for Christmas

What a boon it would be to have your toddler's Christmas gifts covered this year. We have two awesome ABC Shop prize packs to give away to two lucky winners.

Do fitness challenges really work?

Fitness challenges aren't new. There's Michelle Bridges 12WBT and a bunch of other programs if you really want to lose weight.

What are pregnant women Googling?

Pregnancy is a huge change for any woman, so it's natural we'll have questions - and turn to Google to ask them.

Can't decide?

Check out the Essential Baby Names section for some inspiration

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.