tingly boobs - early pg symptom?!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Leeloo

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:26 PM

Hi there,
Would appreciate your advice. Am ttc #2 and am 7 dpo (approx). Am having tingly boobs (mostly nipples)  laughing2.gif now and then, not dissimilar to the beginning of the 'let-down' when BF. Thought it was b/c I was cold earlier in the day and so turned the cooling down. Am toasty warm now, but it's still happening.
Possibly an early sign of pg???
Ta.
L.

#2 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:58 PM

Yep that's how my boobs feel and felt  biggrin.gif

Good Luck!!

#3 ~pink~diamond~

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:59 PM

Yes indeed,  hands.gif it is for you.

#4 mel_11

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:33 PM

Could very well be a sign of early pg! I remember my breasts being very tingly during early days of my pg, although it was sort of painful tingling.

Good luck. Hope you get your BFP soon!

#5 Leeloo

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:37 AM

thanks ladies. my fingers are crossed. haven't had the tingling happen yet today, but we'll see. Still 6 days til I would bother testing . . .
L.

#6 AJ#99

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:11 AM

Yep - that let down feeling is how mine feel ATM.  Mine you I had this feeling two months ago & I wasn't pregnant.

Fingers crossed for you!Cheers
Ali

#7 Leeloo

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:03 AM

hi again,
think I might be out for the month. Did a test this morning with FMU and got a BFN. BUM! cry1.gif  I would be about 11 DPO, though I haven't been doing proper O tracking yet - will remedy this next month!
Shall expect AF to arrive Thurs.
Can NOT for the life of me explain the tingly boobs - was over 3 days, and I've never experienced it before when not BFing . . . weird!
Thanks for your help anyway - will let you know if the verdict changes.  hands.gif
L.

#8 kensgirl

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:00 AM

I wouldnt rule yourself out just yet. 11dpo is still early for testing especially if implantation was late.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

#9 chelba

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:05 AM

Ditto to what Kensgirl said. It is still early days . With DS1 tingly boobs where the first symptoms I had several days before AF was due. Fingers crossed for you.

#10 Leeloo

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:09 PM

oooohhhh - so dangerous to keep my hopes up. I already had a little cry this morning from disappointment! But at least I've got my early testing out of the way, and I'll just wait now and see if AF shows up on Thurs. If it hasn;t come by the arvo, I'm off to buy a test for Fri morning!!
What a nice surprise it would be to get a BFP!
I'll be sure to let you know.

#11 hiddensecrets

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:13 PM

dont give up until the AF sings!!!!

#12 ~my happiness~

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:42 PM

Yes, it's not over yet.
With #3 I had the tingly horrid boobies from around DPO7 and then BFN's for days 8,9,10,11 and bango, day 12 - two pink lines.  All through those nasty BFN's I just knew.
Cross your fingers!

#13 Tulle

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:12 PM

what exactly does tingly feel like? ATM i have a feeling like my boobs are prickly, like there is something sharp (Like prickles) in my top rubbing on them...
Is that what tingles feel like??  hands.gif

#14 Leeloo

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

tingly boobs . . . hard to describe any other way!!  laughing2.gif  particularly sensitive around nipples, and then 'tingling' from the nipples back to the inside of the breast somewhere . . . it's identical to the beginning of the let-down reflex you get when BFing, but it never gets painful. If I am pg, then my boobs have since adjusted to the hormone levels! I've had the beginning of the tingling and sensitive nipples all days yesterday and today, but nothing like the crazy, constant tingling of Saturday, or the intermittent episodes of the 2 days prior to that.
I'm waiting for AF on Thursday. There will be no more tests bought until then!  :wink: Thank you all for your kind support and good wishes. Maybe I will still be lucky . . .

#15 lozoodle

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:26 PM

I've not really had any myself, but when I went to the doctor today and he was checking off symptoms on my medical file he asked me if I'd had any tingling in my boobs, so it must be!

Good luck biggrin.gif

#16 chelba

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:17 AM

ninja.gif

#17 chelba

Posted 10 January 2008 - 03:52 PM

It's thursday, do you have an update for us?

#18 Tulle

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:56 PM

My "prickly" sensation turned into a BFP! How did you go!!?

#19 Leeloo

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:40 PM

OMG me too!!! A BFP! I can't believe our luck! I tested in the middle of the day, so the line wasn't strong, but it was well and truly there!! I'm so glad it wasn't only my desire to be pg making my boobs tingle and I actually was!! I'm off to the docs tomorrow morning to get confirmation, and a referral to my ob - who hopefully will be able to see me asap next week.
re symptoms, is the aching back normal? As predicted, I'm going to be v worried about m/c until about 14 weeks . . . I can't remember if my back ached like this with Lila . . . but then, we weren't moving house when I was pg with Lila!!  laughing2.gif
Congrats to the other girls with BFPs, and here's to a boring 8 months for all of us!  hands.gif
L.x

#20 daniroi

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:13 AM

Oh!! Congratulations leeloo, that´s great news
Enjoy your pregnancy!! wub.gif

#21 justpeppermint

Posted 11 January 2008 - 12:22 AM

CONGRATS ON YOU BFP!!!
im nearing the end of my boring 9 months lol.

i never had tingly boons but they did get sensitive later on tho.

good luck with everything biggrin.gif

#22 Leeloo

Posted 11 January 2008 - 06:33 AM

oh yeah - I should add that that 'tingling' has been mostly replaced by aching pain esp in the evenings. ah the joys! I'll put up with anything for a healthy bubby after 9 months!  wub.gif

#23 clomidchick

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:26 AM

Ohh Ahh Ive been  ninja.gif  I've had the same pregnancy symptoms. Sooo happy for you Leeloo, Congratulatons!

I too just got my faint +'ive starting yesterday with Pregnow and confirmed another faint +íve with Pregnow and first response faitn +'ve this morning.  Keep testing I'm sure our lines will get darker  hands.gif

#24 steph2106

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:05 AM

Congrats on your BFP!!! I have been  ph34r.gif this topic since you post it to see what the outcome was.
Good Luck with your pregnancy.
Steph

#25 chelba

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:10 AM

Conratulations leeloo, clomid chick, Raff hoping you all have stress free pregnancies and healthy little bubbas at the end.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The mum who never met her baby

There was one more thing Kymberlie Shepherd wanted to experience in life - motherhood. But a rare illness took her first.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.