Little BT's Cookie Recipe

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Bubsy*~

Posted 23 June 2007 - 09:51 AM

Sorry Leanne, had to bring it up again as I lost it again and searched, but here it is!!! THIS TIME, I'm writing it down!!!
Off to cook them in my newly renovated kitchen!!!
Thankyou so much again for this wonderful recipe wink.gif

Cookies in a flash (posted by me 10 October 2001 05:38 AM )

cream 500g butter
and 1 Cup sugar
add
4 cups of S/R flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup dessicated coconut
1 cup sultanas
1 cup choc drops ( I use the m&m ones )
1 tin condensed milk

Mix all together in a large bowl bake in mod oven for approx 12-15 mins. Makes about 120 approx

I cook these at least twice a week.
you can double the mixure .

This is the easiest cookie recipe I have ever used
And the kids love it.

For those who have'nt tried it, its the best Cookie recipe I have ever come across  biggrin.gif

#2 Jen1

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:51 PM

Yes how true, I made them once, they are so quick and easy to make the mixture is just devine!! I have banned myself from making them again as I eat too many  blush.gif  blush.gif

~*Bubsy*~, so how were they?? I bet they were delicious  biggrin.gif

#3 SimplySweet

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:12 AM

I'll have to try them, they sound yum

OMG at the flour, how many biscuits does it make  tongue.gif

Ok reread 120  tongue.gif

#4 Midwitch

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:23 PM

Awesome, thanks. Am going to make these on Tuesday.

#5 ~Sorceress~

Posted 24 June 2007 - 09:23 PM

biggrin.gif Just a quick warning - the dough is deadly!!! One mouthful and you'll never want to cook it  laughing2.gif !

#6 Midwitch

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

Oh dear Lord. I have to vote this "The Most Dangerous Recipe of the Year".

-the dough is dangerous - one mouthful and you are hooked - this from someone who doesnt like to eat dough usually
-the smell will bring strangers knocking on your door
-all 120 will be devoured within a day or two
-the kids will all but kill each other to get the last one.

wub.gif  wub.gif

#7 ~*Bubsy*~

Posted 26 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

Ok heres a warning. I wanted to finally make these cookies yesterday with DS and thought I had all ingredients. Turns out I didnt, I didnt have condensed milk or butter.
Lets just say, dont substitute the ingredients ppl!!! It was not pretty!!! LOL

I now have all ingredients and will try and make them again soon wink.gif

I agree, the whole process of making these bikkies is dangerous wink.gif

#8 Guest_Lush_*

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

I went out specifically to buy the remainder of the ingredients I'll need for these..I'm going to make them when DD1 gets home from school..

Wish me luck  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif LOL..

#9 Lizz

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:53 PM

Sorry, saw this on the front page and clicked on it assuming it was in the Recipes section.  Posted then realised I'm in the Large Families....backing out now  waves.gif

Edited by Lizz, 27 June 2007 - 01:58 PM.

#10 KristyMum-

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:07 PM

just what I've been looking for - a recipe that cooks more than 24 at a time without massively tripling it to get more lol
original.gif

mmm no cond milk methinks... have to check
but got everything else (planned on making muesli bars for the kiddies with the oats but these look like fun  tongue.gif )

FANKS!

eta ahah!  We normally always have cond milk in the cupboard to make choc balls it's the milk Arrowroot bisc we always run short of! lol  mmmm yay!

Edited by KristyMumTo3, 27 June 2007 - 03:09 PM.

#11 Guest_Lush_*

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:15 PM

1st batch has just come out of the oven & the 2nd batch is baking nicely...but they had better hurry, the first batch is disappearing pretty quickly  blush.gif  blush.gif  blush.gif

Life as we know it will never be the same  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

Kristy..you have got to get some cond milk & start baking, speaking of baking  bbabyflip.gif  unsure.gif  unsure.gif  unsure.gif

#12 KristyMum-

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:19 PM

huh Lush?  tongue.gif   does the smileys mean Contractions? Nah, too early so nope! Don't mind me  laughing2.gif

ps I got the cond milk I just don't have the M/Arrowroot biscuits (which is not for this recipe but is what I don't have instead of cond milk lol)

Edited by KristyMumTo3, 27 June 2007 - 03:20 PM.

#13 KristyMum-

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:37 PM

aw cmawwwwwwwwwwwn!~ cry1.gif  laughing2.gif

I have everything in the bowl ready to open the cond milk ...
and NO can opener!!! FGnessSake!!!  tongue.gif
(we went camping... might check camping box)...

#14 Prizzy

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for that. Can I freeze some? Anyone tried it? 120 biscuits would probably last us a few months, lol.

#15 KristyMum-

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

in the event of an AWOL can opener...

well that's what Swiss Army knives are for lol - dug the one out of the glovebox in the car, cond milk in, dough made (yes tastes lovely!) and ready for oven before pickup (first batch anyway)

Karicarent I dunno about this one but I freeze pretty much all biscuit recipes, I'm sure you can and as a recipe in here it would make sense wink.gif I reckon yes, but I'm sure someone will let you know for sure
biggrin.gif

Edited by KristyMumTo3, 27 June 2007 - 04:05 PM.

#16 Riversong

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:36 PM

When I make these cookies I divide the dough into 4 and roll it into "logs" and freeze 3 of them, then you can just cut it into cookie next time you want to make more. (Otherwise you will end up eating way too many of them grin.gif )

#17 samialima

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:50 PM

At 120 cookies how many batches/trips to the oven does it usually make?

Has anyone tried to halved the recipe to make less?

#18 Midwitch

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:59 AM

Hey Kristy, can I have your choc balls recipe pretty please?  wub.gif

I made the full recipe but next time I'll freeze half of it I think.  I made mine a bit larger than average I guess - they turned out to be about the size of a 10 yr olds palm, and I only got 80 out of them. That said, two is enough to fill the average child.

#19 samialima

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:44 AM

Thanks everyone I'm going to give these a go today or tomorrow as our Anzacs have nearly run out.

#20 samialima

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:06 AM

Is this the sort of cookie recipe that is you need to put in the fridge for an hour before cooking?

#21 ~*Bubsy*~

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

Uhoh, what have I started!!!! LOL

Jezsar, nope no need for any of that, just make and bake, so easy and simple. I just made another batch original.gif

I also love the Pom Poms (choc balls), Ill try and dig out my recipe and post it original.gif

Enjoy your bikkies everyone wink.gif hehehehehe

#22 ~*Bubsy*~

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:22 PM

Poms Poms
makes 24

Ingredients
250g packet Milk Arrowroot
2 Tablespoons cocoa, sifted
400g can condensed milk
2 cup dessicated coconut

1. Crush the biscuits. Combine with the sifted Cocoa and condensed milk in a bowl. Mix together well, until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate for about 20 mins, then roll the mixture into balls with your hands and roll in coconut. Refrigerate until set, then store in an airtight container.
HINT: You can easily crush the biscuits in a bag with a rolling pin or use a food processor.

These two other recipes are tried and tested and they are pretty easy to make. The Orange and Poppyseed cake is absolutely divine!!!! And the Muesli bars are addictive too!!

Choc Chip Muesli Bars
Ingredients:
2 cups of Rice Bubbles
1 cup of Rolled Oats
1/2 cup toasted flaked almonds (I usually skipped this one)
1/2 cup of coconut
1/2 cup of chopped dried apricots
1 cup of sultanas
1 tbsp Nestle Baking Cocoa
1 cup Nestle dark or milk Choc Bits
60g of butter
1/2 cup of honey
2 tbsp glucose (I got the sachets and mixed them)
1/2 cup of extra Nestle Choc Bits

Combine first 8 ingredients.
Place butter, honey and glucose in pan, stir over low heat until butter has melted (I did this in the microwave)
Add to dry ingredients, mix well.
Press mixture into a foil lined tin (I used a roasting tin)
Press extra Choc Bits onto top of mixture, cover and refrigerate until firm.
Cut into slices or bars to serve, wrap and keep refrigerated.
(I wrapped mine individually in alfoil and kept them in the fridge and the kids just grabbed one for school each morning)

Orange and Poppyseed Cake
Ingredients
1 1/2 Cups of S/R Flour, sifted
3/4 cup caster sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup of milk
185g of butter, softened
3 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
40g Poppyseeds
Icing
1 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon softened butter
1 to 11/2 tablespoons milk

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a 20cm (base) round cake tin.
Combine flour, sugar, eggs, egg yolk, milk, butter, orange rind, poppyseeds and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium speed for 6 mins or until thick.
Pour batter into cake pan and smooth surface. Bake for 50 to 60 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand cake in pan for 5 mins. Turn onto wire rack to cool completely.
Make Icing
Combine icing sugar, butter and enough milk to make a thick icing. Spread over top of cake. Allow to set before serving.

There ya go original.gif Enjoy wink.gif

#23 samialima

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

Oh the Pom Poms don't look too bad for you do they? blush.gif

Made a batch of the cookies this arvo. Had to halve the recipe as I only had 250g butter. They were a winner till DD1 discovered a sultana  blink.gif but hopefully I convinced her it was chocolate and she finished it laughing2.gif . Lets hope she'll eat it tomorrow. She's going to love the Pom Poms. wub.gif

#24 SimplySweet

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:56 PM

I've got everything but the cond milk, it's not something I ever buy so I forgot  sad.gif

Can someone take a piccie, I'm curious to what they look like  tongue.gif

#25 KristyMum-

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:41 AM

Midwitch the choc balls recipe that Bubsy posted is the same as mine
if you want to be a little naughty...  wink.gif
you can put a Malteser in the centre of each one
or a hazelnut or a Jaffa (do they still make those? lol)
etc you get the idea
you can also roll them in drinking chocolate and or Milo instead of rolling in coconut if you like

dev (6).gif

I have a friend's recipe for easy shortbread type biscuits that knocks up a fair amount - I usually add choc chips or sprinkle w brown sugar - they freeze really well.
I bought myself a good recipe journal from BH&G ages ago and am finally filling it all in - thoroughly enjoying putting all my favourites in it.
and DH found a great new recipe for cauliflower cheese the other night lol
can you tell we both enjoy cooking!  biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mum's message to son after Manchester attack

The horrific terrorist attack in Manchester, killing 22 people and injuring many others, including children, has impacted people throughout the world.

Bonds announces new personalised Zippy onesies

Now you can have your baby or toddler's name printed on their Bonds Zippys.

Mum's warning about Owlet monitor after baby receives burn

A mum has taken to Facebook to warn parents of the dangers of a popular baby monitor after her daughter sustained a burn to her foot.

The new advice on when to give juice to young children

Children under the age of one should not be given fruit juice, according to new advice issued by the American Academy of Pediatrics.

'Mummy, put your phone away': one mum's wake-up call

One of the weirdest things about your little kids getting older, I find, is when they start to be able to hold full conversations with you.

Aspirin being used to treat pre-eclampsia

Aspirin and early detection are helping to save the lives of Australian women and babies at risk of dying from the pregnancy complication pre-eclampsia.

Postnatal depletion: what is it and how can we recover?

Some mums are left physically and emotionally depleted, with nothing left to give, long after giving birth.

'Flushing' blocked fallopian tubes can improve fertility, study finds

A technique that effectively "unblocks" a woman's fallopian tubes by flushing them with liquid to help her conceive has been used for decades, with varying levels of success. Now a study has confirmed that the method significantly improves fertility, and that a certain type of fluid – one that is oil-based rather than water-based – shows strong results.

Watch these pregnant mothers make their bellies disappear

Chances are you've heard of body pump, but have you heard of belly pump?

The initiative to help job-hunting mums explain the 'resume gap'

It's a common problem faced by mums returning to work after an extended period of maternity leave. How do I account for the gap that years at home caring for babies has left in my resume?

Every parent will relate to this dad's hilariously messy 'pooplosion' tale

Make sure you aren't eating while reading this post.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.