Hi all

New thread time.

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 3-Bear-Bums

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:41 AM

GOLD
I am taking those who haven't posted in months off the list, so if you are a lurking and have had bub please let me know if you wish to be added to the baby list and PM me if you wish to join or private forum.
** Due 1st - 15th June 2007**

** 9 GIRLS ** ** 17 SURPRISES ** ** 6 BOYS **

**UPCOMING APPOINTMENTS**
keliep/Kel = 12th June

**Booked C/Section Dates **
LousieT/Louise = 13th June

3rd June
keliep ~ Kelie = SURPRISE #1 @ Westmead Private Hospital

4th June
tiarra ~ Sarah = GIRL @ Calvary Hospital ACT

7th June
lbm78 ~ Lora = SURPRISE #2 @ ?? Hospital

9th June
Geoffmich ~ Michelle = GIRL @ Mercy Hospital for Women Melbourne.
shonni ~ Siobhan  = Surprise @ Alice Springs Hospital

11th June
Carrose ~ Carissa = SURPRISE @ Mater Mothers Private Brisbane.

12th June
My Little Pony ~ Melissa = SURPRISE #1 @ Sydney South West Private
Lee74c ~ Lee = GIRL. Hunter Jade #2 @ North Gosford Private

14th June
LouiseT ~ Louise = SURPRISE #4 @ Mater Mother's Private. Brisbane

## SMS BUDDY LIST ##
Please PM me your Mobile Number
Zachsmum/Melissa & Lbm78/Lora
geoffmich/Michelle & 2_Bear_Bums/Jennifer
daniroi/Daniela & LouiseT/Louise
Shonni/Siobhan & sibling4charlie/Sharon
My Little Pony/Melissa & Sally77/Sally
Carrose/Carissa & muser/Aprill    

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
18th MAY 2007
zachsmum/Melissa ~ Caitlin Anne = 8.41am, 3.58kgs, 53.5cms
23rd MAY
Sibling4Charlie/Sharon ~ Emeila Kate = 1.30am, 7pd.9ozs
24th MAY
Tulip/Lisa ~ Mia Grace = 9:59am, 7lb 11ozs 3476gms, 51cm
28th MAY
Jollyies/Simona ~ Sebastian Stuart = 3.02am, 3.42kg, 51cm
29th MAY
Sally77/Sally ~ Ashton Ty =  3.40am, 3.8kg
2_Bear_Bums/Jennifer ~ Seth Cooper = 8.20am, 3530gms, 54cm
30th MAY
Brojay/Eloise ~ Kelsey Audrey = 12.20pm, 6pd 14.5ozs
Sandylou/Sandra ~ Lucy Louise = 5.20pm, 6lb 11oz
31st MAY
Sparklez/Zoie ~ Ryder Talon =  6.30pm, 8pd 4ozs
3rd JUNE
Kim76/Kim ~ Grayson =  4:06am, 7pd 1ozs
Daniroi/Daniela ~ Henry =  9.00am, 3470gms  
mumtoashley ~ Tyler James =  3170gms, 48cms  

4th JUNE
Rolandsmum/Diane ~ Lillianna Paige = 5.34pm, 3620gms
7th June
Muser/Aprill ~ Lincoln Enright = 3.93Kg, 54cm
Yope/Wendy ~ Lauren Charlotte = 2.20pm, 7lb 11oz, 49.5cm
8th June
Georgiasmummy/Donna ~ Lachlan Harrington = 3:27am,  8pd 10ozs, 51cm
chrissy2003/Chrissy ~ Cody Jeffrey = 12.35pm, 6pd 15ozs
9th June
Sammy75/Sammy ~ Keeley Kate = 3.37am, 7pd

Edited by 3-Bear-Bums, 11 June 2007 - 11:10 PM.

#3 my little pony

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:04 PM

SILVER!! I'm getting quite a collection of these medals now!  wink.gif

Hi everyone!

Gee that shortens the list down a bit taking out people we haven't heard from in a while!! I hope they are all doing okay and enjoying their babies.

CONGRATULATIONS SAM ON THE MAMMOTH EFFORT TO BRING KEELEY INTO THE WORLD!!!

I'm so pleased for you!!!

Has anyone heard from Simona? I'm a bit worried about her, especially with all the rain that's been falling in her part of the world! Hopefully she's doing well and able to relax now that bubs is in arms.

Well, we are off to the hospital in a couple of hours. We both had a sleepless night (funnily enough) which wasn't assisted by the announcement at dinner last night that MIL is getting married and just bought a house with her 'fiance'! Everyone is so happy for her (she's been a widow for 10 years) but it was such a big news night last night at dinner with the family. I'm really pleased that bubba held off so we could go! DH and I were awake at 5am discussing it all, including still trying to decide on what to call bubba if it's a boy!  wacko.gif

Anyway, I'm off to have a nap - I'm expecting to not get great sleep tonight, IYNWIM!! Thanks for the good wishes everyone! I look forward to reading all about everyones babies when I'm back at home later in the week.

- Melissa P

Edited by my little pony, 10 June 2007 - 12:09 PM.

#4 muser

Posted 10 June 2007 - 12:23 PM

Hi all.. back home this morning.
Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and posts. Lincoln is wonderful. An easy feeder and sleeper (so far). Everything I didn't have last time.

It was a long posterior labour again. Looks like we're slow to make them and slow to get them out.  laughing2.gif
Ended up induced with gel at 7am, waters broken at 1pm, waters re-broken at 5pm, then things really hotted up. Had pethidine at 7.30pm and was 9cms 3 hours later. Vaccum extraction and 12 stitches. Ouch! But all without an epidural so I was up and about the next morning albeit slowly.

I still haven't had a msg from you Carr. Having read back a little I see you are looking at 20th June!

I'll be lurking. original.gif

#5 3-Bear-Bums

Posted 10 June 2007 - 01:09 PM

Melissa ~ Good luck hun we'll be thinking of you. Ooohh a new baby will be arriving soon.  wub.gif

Aprill ~ Sorry to hear about your labour, glad to hear Lincoln is doing great, we nearly had two Lincolns here. (Seth was going to be Lincoln) Great to hear you are doing well.

Hope everyone else who hasn't posted is doing OK..
We are all thinking of you.

**Is wondering who is getting the wooden spoon award** wink.gif

Edited by 3-Bear-Bums, 10 June 2007 - 01:12 PM.

#6 daniroi

Posted 10 June 2007 - 04:45 PM

Hi girls,

muser congratulations on your efforts! You are such a brave woman. Anyone who has no epidural by election is my hero! happy.gif

my little pony good luck!!  original.gif

Ok, I uploaded a few pictures at photobucket, but I'm not sure what link to copy. I'll just try and see if it works

(Oh, and also I hope all the new mums got to see my post, which was the last one on last thread. If not: CONGRATULATIONS!! (IT WAS A BIG LIST  original.gif )).

ok, LET'S TRY:
http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb258/roihers/

Edited by daniroi, 10 June 2007 - 04:54 PM.

#7 3-Bear-Bums

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:27 PM

Impatiently waiting on baby news !!! Sally don't keep us in suspense.  grin.gif

#8 moggie78

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:52 PM

Daniroi: your little boy is very cute!! He is adorable!!

Noodles and i are still here in one piece!! Have been walking nearly all day!! Mum and dad came over from Griffith and spent the morning here with us. Was good cause mum knows how to push that little bit more to get me motivated to walk.
Drove down bumpy road, had a curry for tea friday night, and there is still nothing!!
Alot of tightening and backahe, but nothing.

Hope because it is quiet in here today that it means someone is having a baby!!

Good luck to those of us who are still waiting!!

Hopefully it's my turn soon!

LORA...........

#9 keliep

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:52 PM

Daniellesuch gorgeous photos  wub.gif and not at all like E.T. (my usual expectation for new borns)! I hope my little one is as cute and that I look as good as you. You don't even look like you have been pregnant let alone just given birth!

Congratulations Sammy, I am so glad bubs arrived safely.

Muser it's good to have you back. Would have been nice if bub had been a little kinder to you with the amount of time it took! And no epidural. I'd like to think I can manage that but if I can't make it I will be taking whatever they have on offer!

At the time of reading this Melissa you may already have your little one in your arms, I hope all has gone well and there is news posted soon.

Forgot to ask last time, what are the gold and silver medals about?

Meanwhile, back on the ranch, no news here wacko.gif . Bub is still kicking around in there like it has no intention of ever leaving and I woke up so body sore this morning I had to get DH to help me out of bed. I think I am going to need a course of massage therapy when this is over to get things back where they belong!!! The in-laws are being really great and looking after me, I even got a hot lunch cooked today and didn't have to lift a finger (and got in trouble when I tried). At least I don't feel quite so apathetic today, things were really getting me down yesterday but now I am resigned to the fact that nothing will happen before my appt tues! Lora, know how you feel with the waiting!

Have a great Monday off (which doesn't really apply to us but still nice to think of it as a long weekend and pretend like we have an extra day to relax!).

Look after yourselves girls
Kel  biggrin.gif

Edited by keliep, 10 June 2007 - 05:56 PM.

#10 tiarra

Posted 10 June 2007 - 06:28 PM

Hello all,
why am i off list?
Its only been 2 days since i posted.
Kell how you doing? Any action?
I am now 6 days over!! sad.gif  Have appointment  at the hospital on Wed so guess Thursday may be my day really hoping she comes on her own though
Good luck Sarah

Edited by tiarra, 10 June 2007 - 06:30 PM.

#11 mmmchocolate

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:44 PM

How is everyone going????  
I haven't heard any news from Melissa yet. I will be on here the minute I get the SMS to let you all know.

Congratulations Sammy on the birth of Keely!!!

My parents left today. They had been staying with us since Ashton arrived and all I can say, is it is so nice to be by ourselves again.

DH is going up to Wyong to help with the storm cleanup tomorrow so it will be the first day I am alone with DD and DS. I just hope I get a good sleep tonight!

I will try to upload a photo of my little man for all to see.

Hope everyone is getting some sleep. I realy can't beleive how easy it all is this time.

Well I better go. DD needs a bath and DS is due to wake up very soon. Sorry that I didn't get around to personals. Will do that tomorrow!

Sally

#12 LouiseT

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:47 PM

waves.gif   Still here!

A few painful BH today after walking too much - I think DH is starting to get why I don't achieve much these days  rolleyes.gif  as I had to lie down for a few hours when we got home.  My OB is not on call over the long w/end, so I'm hoping things go according to plan and baby stays in until Wednesday!   hands.gif   I might be the only one not wanting the baby out just yet, LOL

Dani - what lovely photos!  

Carrose - wonder if we'll be in the Mater together?

Sarah - you might be in the running for the coveted Wooden Spoon Award!   laughing2.gif   6 days over, you poor thing.  Has your Dr indicated you'll  be induced on Thursday?  (sorry if you've already posted this, I have terminal vagueness!)

Tummy rubs to those of us still left with baby bellies, and sleep to those with babies on the outside  biggrin.gif

Edited by LouiseT, 10 June 2007 - 07:50 PM.

#13 geoffmich

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:23 PM

CONGRATULATIONS Sam on the very long awaited arrival of Keely
babygirl.gif  cclap.gif  eexcite.gif

It has been a very long month for poor Sam and then to endure a 48hr labour. Well done.

Muser No epidural after that. God damn that is good. But ouch a bit sore Im sure. Well done. Im glad Lincoln is sleeping and feeding well. Love the photo that your SIL posted.

Daniela those photos are gorgeous. Damn good looking family you got there wub.gif

Sally Goodluck tomorrow with both DD and DS. Hope it all goes well.

No news from here. Still pains on and off but nothing too serious. Oh well - bring on the drugs. The midwife said they will let me go 15 days overdue but that is way too far over for me, so I  have an appt on Wednesday and I will talk seriously about inducing at about day 10.

Goodluck to all the mums in waiting tongue.gif . There isnt many of us left now!

#14 3-Bear-Bums

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:38 PM

why am i off list?

Oppppppppsssssss sorry sweet, must have deleted you accidentally. Sorry Please forgive me.  hands.gif I will add you back right now.

The midwife said they will let me go 15 days overdue

OMG. I hope not.  hands.gif Hope things get moving before then.  hands.gif

No news is good news i suppose. original.gif Belly rubs and hugs to all.

Edited by 3-Bear-Bums, 10 June 2007 - 09:38 PM.

#15 ~car~

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:21 AM

Today is my due date ~ I'm still here ~ still in one piece closedeyes.gif

My first thought upon waking this morning was OMG it's a long weekend traffic will be a nightmare (we live way to sunny coast & it can take forever to get to brissy on the highway!!!) so although I was really wishing that it would all happen & we could do the hospital dash ~ today I'm not so sure... prefer to wait till tomorrow now biggrin.gif

Louise ~ I'll be easy to spot, I'll have about 5 bags with me laughing2.gif  no matter what I do I can't fit everything into one bag!!!

Jennifer ~ good work with the updated list!!! I will PM you about the group later in the week (if I'm not in hospital  wink.gif )

Michelle ~ OMG 15 days over!!! You might just get that wooden spoon!!! That's even longer than my induction date.

Sally ~ good luck with being alone with the 2 littlies today! Did you cop much of the storm?

Sarah ~ sending you some big labour vibes so you can go naturally before thursday  tongue.gif

Kel ~ the medals are when someone posts first in a thread they get gold & so-on!!! Good luck with the appt tomorrow!

Lora ~ how did the curry go? I'd try it but I don't like curries! I asked DH to take me 4wd up the beach, the Dr didn't seem to concerned about the idea  grin.gif

Daniela ~  wub.gif so cute, you look FANTASTIC in that pic & taken so soon after the birth!!!

Muser ~ welcome home! 12 stitches OMG you poor thing! Glad to hear everything is going swell with Lincoln! I will text you ASAP!!!

Melissa P ~ GOOD LUCK, although I'm thinking you will already have you bubs in your arms by now!

Sam ~ huge congratulations on the birth of Keeley!!! FINALLY! Can't wait to see pics & here more of your birth story!

Well everyone else is off the page! Hope your all doing well on this fine public holiday! I am going back to bed now (yes it's 8:30, but DH has given me strict instructions that I'm not allowed to move my butt out of bed all day, he reckons I overdid it last night cause I was exhausted & felt like hurling ~ oh & he thought I looked GREY - thanks dear hubby tongue.gif )

Just a quick question re: feeding bubs ~ I've been give heaps of books on different methods & everyone has their own ideas on what's best with BF, can I ask what do you think is best demand feeding or scheduled feeding?

#16 LouiseT

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:56 AM

Carrose, I'll PM you with my real name in case we are there together  original.gif  so you can find me if you feel like a chat.  

With feeding - at the start, it is best to demand feed to get your supply going, then later once you and baby have the hang of it, you can ease into more of a schedule.  Or the baby decides the schedule, and you go along with it.   laugh.gif

If you are formula feeding you are on a schedule straight away pretty much.

Sam - I think I forgot to congratulate you on the birth of Keely - Well done!  

Michelle, let's see if we can get a hat-trick with you, me, and Carrose on the same day   grin.gif   15 days over sounds hideous!

#17 keliep

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:02 PM

HI Girls, still here and still waiting! Pretty tired this morning and the muscles and bones that hurt when you go horse riding are very stiff and sore (maybe this means bub has finally engaged and heading the right direction) but bub has been kicking like crazy in the last 24 hours. Last night I had a foot jammed so far in my rib cage I had to sit up so I could breath sick.gif !

Michelle I am now 8 days over and the idea of hanging around for another 7 is depressing! My OB told me he wasn't happy for me to hang around 2 weeks and has booked my induction at day 9... thank goodness!  Sorry for the negative vibes blush.gif , this is just a reflection of where I am at today and you may well be feeling much better about the whole thing than I am. Sarah heres hoping we are both in with our new arrivals in the next day or so!

Louise my OB is also away this weekend so, while I would like things to get going, I am still happy to wait until my appt tomorrow when I know he is back in action.

Well I am off to watch a movie (Take the Lead is on Foxtel at the moment and I love Anotonio Banderas shaking his tush in this movie) then I think I may have a nanna nap (I agree with you Carrose it is getting to the point that thinking about doing something makes me tired these days, I hope this eases when bub gets here, I can't imagine trying to deal with deman feeding, no sleep and having this little amount of energy!).

Have a great day guys and I will check in once more tomorrow morning before my 1pm appt just in case my OB decides I am staying and it is a few days before I am back to see what everyone is up to. When are we starting to move over to the new group? Are we waiting for the last of the bubs or 15 June or am I checking out both once the little one gets here?

Till tomorrow, enjoy the rest of the long weekend
Kel  tongue.gif

#18 3-Bear-Bums

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:24 PM

Well today was my official due date. But he is now 2 weeks old.  sad.gif  Time is certainly flying.

I hope everyone is doing well. And I'll BBL for any updates.

Kelie ~ I hope you don't have to wait any longer, Maybe your OB might book you in for an induction this week.

WHY OH WHY aren't these babies moving??? Come on babies it's time to meet your mummies & daddies.  hands.gif

#19 daniroi

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:28 PM

Hi there

thanks for all the nice comments. I think because this is my third and I didn't had epidural, stitches or anything, the recovery was really good and quick  original.gif  Wishing you all a speedy recovery

So who's next?... Lora maybe?... rolleyes.gif
I hope your little one holds on until Wed Louise when your ob is available.

kel good luck with your app. And how was the movie? I love Antonio Banderas (not such a good actor but so good looking  wub.gif

Henry has been circumcised yesterday. Thanks God everything went well and he didn't cry that much. I'm so relieved it's over! And we had a very nice breakfast party after the ceremony which was lovely.

Good luck to all the mums waiting. Enjoy the last moments of your pregnancies  wub.gif

#20 geoffmich

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:27 PM

Very quiet in here today. Babies do not want to be born on the Queens birthday - cant blame them... I suppose with only a few of us left it will be a busy week this week.

Has anyone heard any news from Melissa. I hope she has has an easy birth but since we havent heard, it may not have been. Fingers crossed.

Kel goodluck tomorow. I remember with my first how disappointing to go overdue - a real big fat let down. And it actually aint that much better with your 3rd sad.gif  Hopefully it wont be too much longer for you!

Oops the potatoes are boiling over. BBL

#21 kim76

Posted 11 June 2007 - 05:26 PM

grin.gif  hello to all and congratulations to everyone on the arrival of our little bindles. for those still waiting i hope the wait is not too much longer for you all.

just thought i would share my birth story which is similar to sammy. my contractions started at 5am friday 1st and went quickly to 10 mins apart but i was coping all right with the pain but by 8pm i was wanting something to change! we rabg the hospital and they told me to have a glass of wine to relax me for awhile so i could get some rest and then the contractions may kick in to a better pattern. That did nothing so at 230 sat morning i rang again and was told to have another glass with a couple of panadol. that allowed me to get a couple of hrs sleep but i still woke everynow and again with contractions. Sat 8am we thought my waters may have broken as i had a little trickle and the contractions were still 10 mins and maybe slightly worse. when they examined me  my cervix was completely spongy but not dilated at all. i could have cried and/or hit the dr! so home i was sent with some panadeine and temazepam. i got about 3 hrs sleep and when i woke up things finally started to kick in. by 7pm i had contractions 5 mins apart was shaking and nauseous and couldn't bear it anymore.
on exam in the hospital i was 5cm dilated and they broke my waters after popping in that epidural. unfortunately it took 2 goes to get a full coverage and there was some blood staining in the waters so i was put on a monitor. the contractions still were very efficent so a drip was started but that caused some heart dips in bub so was stopped. after that i failed to progess further than 6 cms, my bp dropped and temp soared to 38.2 so they decided he needed to come out. it turned out his head was over to the side and wasn't really in my pelvis so was never coming out vaginally. no real explaination for the blood in the waters as placenta looked ok but there was some meconium. so 47 hrs start to out but we are both doing well and he is a very good baby so far. apart from wanting to party at 3am instead of going back to sleep after feeds!
antway feeding at momnet and arm getting tired so will log in again soon. jennifer i am keen to have group details

#22 georgias-mummy

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:49 PM

Hi Ladies,
i hope all is well with you all and that those of you who havnt had there babies have them soon. I got home from hospital on Saturday lunch time i couldnt stand being in there any longer but i thought i would post the rest of my birth story. After posting on Thursday night i thought i better have a early night if i was going to be induced which i thought would happen as the contractions pretty much stopped but at about quarter to 2 i woke up for no reason, thought i would grab a drink and had a really bad contraction thought it was nothing started walking back to bed and got another one woke DP up and said i was going to have a shower and that i think he should get ready cause we might need to go to the hospital. When i was in the shower the contractions got that bad that i couldnt stand so hopped out and tried to get myself dressed but i kept needing to go to the toliet so every time i hopped off DP was trying to dress me cause i could hardly stand and i was lying on the floor managed to get up off the floor and get myself dressed and into the car and went to the emergency department by the time i got there all i wanted was drugs or something but they took me up to the birthing ward and a midwife did a internal and said i was already 9cm and that in a few contractions i could start pushing anyway after 15 minutes and some gas baby Lachlan was born.

Congratulations to all of you who have had there bubbas while i was away and i will read all the posts and write some more.
Talk soon
From Donna XOXO

#23 moggie78

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:01 PM

Evening ladies.

Hope you are all enjoying the long weekend!!
Nothing happening here. Walked about 3 km's today and alot of tightening and pain, but nighing regular. I have dropped alot this weekend, and i think Noodles head is lower in my pelvis, it hurts when i walk and it feels like Noodles will fall out!!

Going for a HOT bath tonight again so here's hoping something happens!!
Have OB appointment tomorrow afternoon ( he didnt think i'd make it!) and he will do an internal and talk about inducing me. I would rather not be induced, but at this point i will do anything to get Noodles out!! Being 4 days over today is getting stressful and emotional.

Have a good night ladies. I pop back in before i go to OB. Crossing fingers and everything else i dont make it!!

LORA...............

#24 mum2ashley

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:19 PM

Hi all,

I thought I'd pop my head in once more and announce my news. We had our little BOY on the 3rd June (5 days early!) I was in established labour for 5 hard hours and had him completely natural with no pain relief and no stitches. Yay me! I'm still in shock as I had my other 2 with epidurals. He was 3170g and 48cms long with a HC of 33cms. Alot bigger than my other two. He is a beautiful blonde haired blue eyed chunker (he came out with rolls!)

congratulations to all the other mums who already had theirs and good luck to all the other mums yet to give birth!

Edited by mum2ashley, 11 June 2007 - 08:21 PM.

#25 LouiseT

Posted 11 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

Girls, I'm having regular contractions, getting more painful but not lasting long, about 7 mins apart.  Had a little mucous.    unsure.gif  ffear.gif

Hope they settle down or else I'll be heading to the hospital tonight - will miss my OB after all  cry1.gif     And Supernatural!  cry1.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Heartwarming prank gives single mum the house she was hired to clean

Cara Simmons arrived at work to clean a large and beautiful house in time for a party planned for that evening. It was soon hers.

Why we should stop telling new parents to 'enjoy every moment'

A few weeks ago, some dear friends of mine had their first baby. As the proud dad texted me a picture I had to fight the natural instinct to say “Enjoy every moment!”

Transgender dad breastfeeds his babies

A transgender man who breastfed his first baby - despite having his breasts removed as part of his transformation from female to male - has now had a second child.

Couple face $1 million medical bill and bankruptcy after babymoon birth

A Canadian couple were slammed with a million dollar medical bill after their daughter was prematurely during their babymoon.

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Cigarettes, junk food dominate supermarket sales growth

One in every five dollars spent at supermarkets goes on cigarettes or junk food, according to industry data.

Teacher under fire for breastfeeding in class

There is no doubt mums have a right to continue breastfeeding after they have returned to work, but one teacher in the US has taken it to the extreme.

Video: Baby sniffs beardless dad to make sure it's him

She looks him up and down and then touches his chin, but baby Lindsey still isn't sure this clean-shaven man is her dad.

The tragedy of losing a favourite teddy bear

We were green and uninitiated, perhaps a little naïve when it came to the favourite toy responsibility.

It's possible to workout while pregnant

Medical experts say intense fitness routines can be done safely during pregnancy - if the mums-to-be follow some guidelines.

Baby for Asher Keddie and Vincent Fantauzzo

Fans followed every step of her on-screen pregnancy in Offspring, now Asher Keddie is going to be a mum in real life too.

What parents really want for their kids

Are our hopes, dreams and expectations for our children what they really need?

'I had a feeling something was seriously wrong': the fight for Kaden's diagnosis

Before even giving birth, Katie Myers' maternal instincts warned her something was wrong with her baby.

When your pregnancy causes a relationship rift

Some dads-to-be don't miss a beat when their partner is pregnant; others struggle with a range of issues and can become withdrawn, right when their support is needed most.

Couple uses group photo trick to announce pregnancy to loved ones

Katharine and Kris Camilli devised a clever trick to immortalise their family and friends' reaction to their exciting pregnancy news.

Why Tracey Spicer has given up make-up

"After 30 years on television, I had become what I despised: a painted doll who spent an hour a day and close to $200 a week putting on a mask."

Empowering bikini photo of 46-year-old mum goes viral

When a group of teenagers made rude remarks about her body as she walked past them in a bikini at the local beach, Julie Cross refused to cover up.

Devastated widow discovers she's pregnant the day before husband's funeral

They had been trying to conceive a baby for seven years. Tragically Kristy Kirchner found out she was pregnant the day before her husband Royce's funeral.

Win a family pass to Disney Live!

We have 4 family passes to give away to see Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales, touring Australia this December/January.

Gabriella Goat sues Peppa Pig

Every toddler's favourite television pig is being sued by an Italian woman who shares a name with a Peppa Pig character.

Meet the Mpregs, the male pregnancy enthusiasts

"Men can't have babies - that's something only women can do! But our community is full of like-minded people who wish otherwise."

Your new motherhood survival kit

Forget about the bright, pretty baby things - while you're in survival mode, all you'll need are the essentials.

More than 100,000 cars recalled globally after death of pregnant woman

The announcement of a mass recall comes as Malaysian police investigate the death of pregnant woman in July.

I had a 'good baby' but still suffered from postnatal depression

I had a much wanted precious baby girl, a 'good baby' who slept well, self settled and was mostly content. It just seemed implausible to think I could succumb to depression.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Join PADDINGTON on the red carpet!

To celebrate the release of PADDINGTON, we are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a family pass to the exclusive Australian Premiere in Sydney on December 7!

Knowing you are one of the lucky ones

I am secure, confident and strong, but the responsibility of protecting my children can almost bring me undone.

Why I am so emotional now I have kids?

There are so many ways in which parenthood changes us as women, but one of the most noticeable, for me, has been the changing state of my emotions.

Baby survives despite sharing womb with 'foreign body'

Baby Maia was conceived against the odds, only to find she was sharing a womb with an ominous "foreign body".

Video: Baby shows dog how to jump - or vice versa

They say dog is man's best friend, but this playful pooch seems to have chosen a jumping baby as her number one buddy.

10 ways to soothe a crying baby

New paernts can get frustrated when their newborn gets fussy and can't settle down. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try some of these simple tips to help soothe your baby.

20 baby names that are becoming more popular every year

The data-lovers at nameberry.com have been at it again – this time, they’ve discovered the names that are continually rising up the ranks, ready to take out some top spots in the next few years.

10 great meals to make for new parents

Ideally, you want to give food that isn’t expensive to make, isn't too difficult to create, and freezes well; stews, bakes, soups and pasta sauces are perfect.

'It's not you, it's me': Boston bombing survivor mum to have leg amputated

Rebekah DiMartino is going through a break-up. She even wrote a farewell love letter. But it's not to her husband.

What it's like to go through early menopause

In a cruel twist, Carla had been breastfeeding and perimenopausal at the same time. But she's far from the only one to go through menopause early.

Restaurant served alcohol to two-year-old

Busy restaurants can be forgiven for getting food and drink orders mixed up from time to time, but not when the confusion leads to a two-year-old being served an alcoholic cocktail instead of the child-friendly beverage they ordered.

Julia Morris tells of miscarriage on a flight

Julia Morris has spoken about the devastation of suffering a miscarriage while on an international flight.

Woman's survival after birth 'a story of two miracles'

A US mother is home and tending to her new baby less than a month after surviving without a pulse for 45 minutes.

Eating ice may give mental boost to the iron deficient: study

A new study proposes that, like a strong cup of coffee, ice may give those with insufficient iron a much-needed mental boost.

Tiny lives in caring hands: Thank U NICU Day

Each year in Australia, over 40,000 newborns need the help of a special care nursery or neonatal intensive care unit. One day a year, the staff are honoured by the parents they help through those dark days.

I paid $50,000 to have a girl

This time my husband and I hadn't taken any chances. We had paid $50,000 and travelled 13,000 kilometres to make sure the baby growing inside me was female.

Weird pregnancy products

Some pregnancy products come to market and are just awesome. Others just leave you scratching your head.

Dear firstborn, I'm sorry

Being a first-time mum is tough for so many reasons – particularly because you really have no idea what you're doing.

A trace of sesame could kill my son

Helen Richardson son's had two anaphylactic reactions in a month. It's traumatic for everyone.

When you know before the test says yes

It wasn't a pregnancy test or missed period that told me I was pregnant with my second baby; it was too early for those things. A doner kebab told me I was going to be a mum again.

What not to do when your partner is in labour

Robbie Williams stole the show during his wife Ayda's labour, pretty much demonstrating everything on the "what not to do when your partner is in labour" list.

Best maternity swimwear and beach cover-ups

Thinking about a tropical babymoon but have nothing to wear? Here are some great swimwear and beach cover-up options for mums-to-be.

Dad breastfeeds his babies

Trevor Macdonald has now been pregnant twice, and is successfully breastfeeding his newest family member.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.