Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 ~FlowerTot~

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

GOLD!!

Cyber Baby Shower / Secret Stork

What is it??

A cyber baby shower is like a Secret Santa you buy for someone's baby and someone else buy for yours. Then on a day we all agree on we open our gifts just like a real baby shower!

To Participate:

-You must be a regular poster, you must have posted within the last few threads.

-If your new too the board and you are still active by the close date I am happy to include you but if you say yes and then never come back it is really not fair on the others.

-You will need to buy a gift worth $20-$25 including postage and send it out by the due date! Postage will need to be sent via registered or express post, so it can be tracked.

What you need to do to participate:

1. PM me:
Your real name and EB name
Your mailing address
Sex of baby (or if its a surprise)
Anything you REALLY need or really DONT need for bub!

2. You must send these details too me by 1st April.

3. I will PM you by the 15th April who you need to buy for.

4. You must buy a gift worth $20-$25 including postage.

5. You must send the gift it by 1st June.

Participants
~FĹoWe® TõT~
soon2be4
sarahjane21
jennyspencer
danni611
traceventure
LisaC65
DylansMumma
Shezniy76
Pen
ellabella16
becs34
juls72
chockyluv
emma_louise
NAHK
jennydd
jai79
blessedwithtwo
*Dory*

Edited by ~FĹoWe® TõT~, 23 March 2007 - 07:00 PM.

#3 shezniy76

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:01 PM

Bugger make that SILVER

Edited by shezniy76, 22 March 2007 - 11:05 PM.

#4 TwoBoys4me

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:39 PM

Bronze

Due In July “07"

2nd July
Caroline~blessedwithtwo~Baby #6
Qld-Hervey Bay Hospital
Its a SUPRISE

16 July
Julie~juls72~Baby #2
Nepean private Penrith
Penrith N.S.W
Its a SUPRISE

Tracey~tcarrick~Baby #4
John James Hospital
Jerrabomberra, Canberra

Lena~ldowe~Baby #1
Mater Private
Brisbane
Its a GIRL

17 July
Naomi~Noah's Mummy~Baby #2
North West Private or Birthing Centre at RBH
Brisbane
Its a SUPRISE

18 July
Emma~-cjt-~Baby #2
Adelaide

Becs~becs34~Baby #1
Prince of Wales Private
Sydney
Its a SUPRISE

19 July
Kate~Tassasmum~Baby #2
William angliss in ferntree gully
mt evelyn, vic

Karen~Karen78~Baby#2
Nepean
Penrith area in Sydney

Amy~grub11~TWINS!!! Baby #1 and #2
Mather Mothers Private Hospital in Brisbane
Its a SUPRISE

Emma~emma_louise~Baby #2
SA (Flinders Private)
Its a GIRL

Kelly~mummy23boys~Baby #4
Victoria
Its a SUPRISE

20 July
Tanya ~FĹoWe® TõT~Baby #2
Mercy Heidleburg
Melbourne

Kris~The_Source~Baby #3
Canberra Midwifery Program
Canberra Hospital  

21 July
Sherry~shezniy76~Baby #3
Home Birth
Its a BOY

Lisa~LisaC65~Baby #4
K.E.M.H Perth WA
Its a GIRL

22 July
Amber~NAHK~Baby #2
SW Health Campus
South West WA
Its a SUPRISE

23 July
Alesha~DylansMumma~Baby #2
Kalgoorlie Regional Hospital
Kalgoorlie WA
Its a SUPRISE

swafish~Baby #1
FNQ
Cairns Hospital
Its a SUPRISE

chumy~Baby #2
NSW NSPH
Its a GIRL

Kat~muminjuly~baby #1
St V's Private
Melbourne
Its a SUPRISE

24 July
Belinda~jadesmum2~Baby #3
Sydney
Its a SUPRISE

Chrissy~cvojkovic~Baby #2
Wonthaggi Hospital
Its a BOY

Cindy~looselipslou~Baby #3
Its a GIRL

Jenny~jennydd~Baby#2
Newcastle Private Hospital NSW
Its a SUPRISE

Jamie~jai79~Baby #3
NSW
Its a BOY

25 July
Jo~jo-schmo~Baby #1
KEMH Perth

Penny~Pen~Baby #2
Royal North Shore Public
West Ryde, Sydney
Its a BOY

Sarah~sarahjane21~Baby #1
Rosebud Hospital in Victoria
Its a GIRL

Danni~danni611~Baby #1
Lyell McEwin Hospital SA
Its a SUPRISE

26 July
Del~chockyluv~Baby #2
Tamara Private
Tamworth, NSW

27 July
Lisa~Aquarius76~TWINS!!! Baby#1 and #2 After 2x M/C
Pindara Private
Sunny Gold Coast
Its a BOY & Its a GIRL

Marnie~Marnie~TWINS!!! Baby #4 and #5
Perth WA
Its a BOY and Its a BOY

Mel~MotherOfPearl~Baby #2
royal north shore sydney

Trace~traceventura75~Baby #1
Brisbane
North West Hospital
Its a SUPRISE

28 July

29 July
Kate~littleseahorse~Baby #1
Mater Mothers Private
Brisbane
Its a GIRL

Erica~ellabella16~Baby #1
West Gippsland Hosp
Its a BOY

30 July
Kathi~*Dory*~Baby #3
The Canberra Hospital

Jen~havingabub~Baby #1
Its a SUPRISE

31 July
Peta~peta~Baby #1
Adelaide SA
Its a SUPRISE

Bronnie~bronzi~TWINS!!! Angels in heaven RIP  Jonas Matthew & Charlotte Renee
Peninsula Private on the Mornington
Its a BOY & Its a GIRL

Jos~stilllearing~Baby #2
Calvary Hospital in Tas

Jenny~jennyspencer~Baby #1
Hawkesbury Hospital
Its a SUPRISE

4 August
Ange~~Ange~~Baby #2
C-Section 27th July KEMH
Karratha WA
Its a GIRL

Total
44 Pregnant Bellies
4 Sets of Twins
17 Surprises
10 Girls
9 Boys  

Our Angels gone but never forgotten
gigfy
Mel~bradswife~ PREGNANT!!! due 6th November 07  
Happyface
Lynn~Lynn26
Kristy~KFC8

Please let me know via PM http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index.php?showuser=82140 if you would like anything added or changed, as our group gets bigger posts may get over looked. If you would like to be added to the list just PM me with the following details.

Your due date
Baby#
State ( You may add the hospital if you wish)
Finding out or Surprise?

Our SMS Birth Buddies List so far

Grub11 & Marnie
Jo-schmo & Bronzi
Dory & Juls72
Dylanmumma & becs34
goingforsix (formerly known as Caroline_mumto5) & Jennydd
Emma_louise & LisaC65
stilllearning & NAHK
Traceventura & shezniy76

Please PM shezniy76 http://members.essentialbaby.com.au/index.php?showuser=97965 with your username, real name, mobile number and due date if you'd like to be added to the list.

Edited by DylansMumma, 23 March 2007 - 01:59 PM.

#5 ~raindrops~on~roses~

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:35 AM

What does a girl have to do to get Gold around here? Be up in the middle of the night it looks like!

Congrats ladies. And let's hope I can keep on top of this thread!

Jen S

#6 ~FlowerTot~

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:01 AM

I will put the list here for the baby shower, when I get back today  tongue.gif

I hope you all have a great day  biggrin.gif

What does a girl have to do to get Gold around here? Be up in the middle of the night it looks like!
You need to have a child that thinks that midnight is bed time  cry1.gif

#7 Ange

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:39 AM

Morning Girls

Spent most of yesterday reading through the last thread to try and catch up with all you girls original.gif

Love reading everyone's 10 things!!

Off to get DS some B/fast - BBL!

Edited by ~Ange~, 23 March 2007 - 08:40 AM.

#8 danni611

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:49 AM

biggrin.gif  GOOD MORNING!!  biggrin.gif It's Friday! YAY! This is the first time i've put in a full week at work in ages! Yay for me  original.gif

Hope everyone is feeling well today! I will be lurking all day as per usual  ph34r.gif

#9 jadesmum2

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:09 AM

Hey guys

Sorry I haven't been able to do personals, we are going away for the weekend and I am flat out trying to get things ready. Have a great weekend everyone and I will catch up next week.

Belinda

#10 danni611

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:40 AM

ohmy.gif  Caroline! Are you suggesting that I haven't been working hard enough this week?? I'm shocked.

I actually meant that i've turned up to work 5 days in a row..  tongue.gif  Next time i will be more specific lol

#11 TwoBoys4me

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:54 AM

Jen: live in WA lol. The new thread opened at 9:43 here. You will get gold one day  biggrin.gif

Ange: I got you PM. I will add you this afternoon  biggrin.gif

DPs off today so were going out chat to you all later

Edited by DylansMumma, 23 March 2007 - 09:55 AM.

#12 Ange

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:03 AM

Dylansmumma, I forgot to put that I'll be having bubs at KEMH (I'll be flying down to have bubs in Perth rather than the lil hospital up here original.gif )

THANKS!

#13 shezniy76

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:03 AM

Well I got out of the wrong side of bed this morning. Was very rudely woken up to DS1 getting into the easter presents that I bought yesterday. I really wasn't impressed to say the least. Then after the kids had their breakfast I attempted to have mine only to be disturbed by DS1 yelling out that DS2 had taken off his nappy and proceeded to leave a deposit of fecal matter on the carpet  rant.gif  rant.gif

As I was trying to clean it up I started to dry wretch. I was very close to throwing up breakfast as food isn't sitting too well at the best of times atm   sick.gif

So needless to say the kids are off to a great start this morning cry1.gif

I'll be back later at some stage if I can keep the kids at bay.

Hope the rest of you are having a better day so far.

#14 Chalk~n~Cheese

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:23 AM

MORNING!

Sherry - sounds like your having the day I had yesterday. Im not going to give you a hug - cos if someone had tried to give me one when I was feeling like that yesterday I would have wanted to start throwing punches and probably turned into the devil LOL - hope your day improves tho. Mine is much better today. Could be because I am going out for lunch with the girls and I am excited about that!

Tanya - Yuck! A child that thinks midnight is bedtime! goodness! hope your not too tired today.

Alright off to hang out some nappies and get organised for the day....HAPPY FRIDAY ALL!

#15 Ange

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:25 AM

Sherry, Ugh! What a horrible morning, I hope the rest of the day smooths out for you..

Off to the shops - my aim is to try and not buy any more baby things  blush.gif

#16 NewLifeDirection

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:12 AM

Hi all!

Sorry I have been irergular in keeping up.  Moving house with DH working such long and wierd hours is taking its toll and we have had a few *issues* to deal with.

I am hoping that things will settle down from here-on-in as the stress over the past months have caused panic attacks and, more recently, really painful BH's which I am really concerned about this early in the game.  As a result I have also had some loss of darker (old) blood in this last week so we have a list of things from the midwife to be watching for that would require us to go straight to the hospital.

I think it's been a bit of a wake up call that I do need to slow down and DH needs to take the pressure of the move and all the other appointments etc that we have happening off me.

I dropped down to four days per week last week and that has helped a bit but certainly not as much as I hoped.  We'll see how things go from here....

Hope everyone else is keeping well!  original.gif

#17 traceventura

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:22 AM

Hiya All,

Finishing work at 12.30pm today! Yippee! So will stay online till then.

Danni we know you work really hard (I type this with a very serious face) You are just very good at multi tasking! HAHA. tongue.gif

So you might have noticed that I leave on Friday lunches every week (or maybe I haven't told you girls this - can't remember). Anyway my boss has agreed that a full week is too hard for apregnant lady and that I should have every Friday afternoon off unless something very urgent comes up! Also he is writing a letter and signing it in agreeing that I can come back part time after the 13 months of maternity leave (did I mention that 6 months is fully paid!) I said initially 4 days per week but he is saying that it may be too much so if I want I can do 3 days a week adn we will get someone else as well. I think I have found the worlds best boss! He is never allowed to find out this or it will go to his head!

Happy Days!

Also I am going to a 30th birthday tonight and I have a very sneaking suspicion that it will turn out to be a wedding or the wedding reception. Too many things are just clicking together! Did I mention that I am nosey! (it all began with The Famour 5, Trixie Beldon and Nancy Drew). Anyway I really hope tha tit does end in a wedding just for the surprise. If I don't catch up again before leaving - Have fun on the weekend!.

Trace

#18 danni611

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:29 AM

Trace - finally someone has noticed my exceptional skills of multitasking  biggrin.gif  And can you please get your boss to ring my boss?? 6 months full pay is amazing!! I only get 14 weeks  sad.gif  but i shouldn't complain.. coz i know a lot of people don't get anything! I would love to have at least a year off with my first bubs, but we just can't afford to live off one wage.. so I'm just taking 6 months off and then coming part time for a while.. unless somehow in the meantime DB finishes his diploma especially fast and gets the 80k a year job that he wants!  tongue.gif  like that's going to happen.. oh well, ho hum. Have a lovely afternoon off miss trace!

#19 ~raindrops~on~roses~

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:33 AM

Hi Ladies,

I am so happy as today is Friday and I'm off for a long lunch  biggrin.gif  Plus I've just managed to catch up on reading this lovely forum... and will now write a quick few personals:

Amb - Hope your DH see's the error of his ways quick smart! Men.... who'd have em... well, us I guess! He'll come good.

Bronnie - Thanks for popping in and telling us how you're going. It's totally understandable for this to take time. You take all the time you need. I think some support irl should have been offered and I'd hope you'd take it.

Sherry - You poor thing re the poo!! Horrible start to the morning and I guess that's what I have to look forward to  cry1.gif

Kris - take it easy! The blood sounds a bit scary, though I've heard it happens... rest up  original.gif

Trace - I want your boss!!! I get no paid leave  cry1.gif  and not much understanding either! And I have a female boss!  rant.gif

Must dash - lunch calls
Jen S

#20 My~Little~Iris

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:53 AM

Hi everyone biggrin.gif

I am posting from lovely Cairns biggrin.gif I am going to try to keep up with the DIG so that I don't have 100 pages of posts to read when I get home.

I had a very easy flight up here. I managed to get an aisle seat so that I didn't drive the other passengers nuts with my constant toilet trips rolleyes.gif

I am having a great time catching up with mum. She won't stop rubbing my belly and she talks to the baby all the time. I have an aunty that lives in Cairns as well so I got to have lunch with her yesterday. Both my mum and my aunt are very artistic so they are going to try to do a plaster cast of my belly and then hopefully my mum can paint it. I can't wait to see how it works out!

Did anyone from our DIG participate in the Kerri-Anne show? I recognized some of the children from peoples siggys on the forums but it is harder to work out who the adults were.

I have been enjoying reading everyone's ten random things so here are my ten...

1. I have 3 pet rats and one cat. The cat is terrified of the rats blink.gif The rats gang up on the cat and charge the side of the cage to frighten her laugh.gif

2. I am another reality tv addict blush.gif My favourite is Big Brother but I will watch almost anything!

3. DH and I both have a birthmark in the same place, on the left side of our stomachs.

4. I am terrified of deep water but I love swimming. I think my fears come from the fact that I have really really bad eyesight and I get panicked when I can't see where I am putting my feet or what is around me.

5. My favourite food is fruit. I don't think there are any fruits I don't enjoy eating. I am heaven in Cairns at the moment because of all the fresh tropical fruits. Yum!!

6. I have a fish tank on my desk that has water and plants in it but no fish huh.gif It has been like this for over a year. I keep meaning to buy some fish and I never get around to it.

7. I don't have my license because I am to scared to drive. I really enjoy walking anyway as it gives me time to think.

8. I have been married for over a year but I still have trouble remembering how to spell my new last name. It isn't even hard to spell I am just not used to having a different name yet.

9. I collect cookbooks and cooking magazines. I have so many that the bookshelf holding them collapsed blink.gif

10. I don't like drinking hot drinks. I hate the taste of milk heated up and alot of hot drinks are made with milk in them. I don't really like herbal teas either so I usually just drink water or occasionally juice.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Sarah

#21 TwoBoys4me

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:00 PM

Ange: I have added you to the list now  biggrin.gif

#22 Kacklan

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:16 PM

Hi Ladies,

THANKGOD IT IS FRIDAY!!!! I am so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

Traceventura - Geez i thought i had it good with my boss & maternity leave!, i get 9 wks paid, but also have long service leave so will be taking 3.5 months all up on full pay... There was nothing at all like that when i had my other boys, so anything this time is a bonus for me! i do have a great boss, but he does lack a little understanding... he does allow me to be pretty flexible though. And have to say i luv my ghd as well! couldn't survive without it!

I am so glad i am not the only one that has the crazy thing about the clothes etc.. made me feel a little more normal  blush.gif I hardley ever let DP hang the washing out, and if i do i have to make myself not go out the back to see it otherwise i will just re-do it all again!

Tanya - i know how you feel... DS2 would never be asleep before 11 every night, Made worse by the CC letting him have a 3 hour sleep every day!! not good when you have to up by 5.30am!!!

shezniy76 - what a way to start the day!! hope it got better for you.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

#23 looselipslou

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:46 PM

Afternoon ladies.  Seems I now have the dreaded mum flu combined with pg.  Almost as bad as man flu.  Dean hasn't moved form the couch all day yet I have taken Keyarna to school (20kms away), Ronan to daycare, chemist, Dr's to pick up flu vax prescription (too late maybe) then back to school to watch a school play.  Once I finally got home I decided that I wasn't going to work tonight and tried to get to sleep.  Keyarna's dad told me he'd pick her up form school so I could have a rest.  Still a bloody good friend.  Just can't live with him rofl.

Sorry, leaving it there, my sister is up for a chat!

#24 danni611

Posted 23 March 2007 - 03:28 PM

See how quiet i was today?!  ohmy.gif  I've actually been busy working for a change!  tongue.gif

Have a lovely weekend ladies and I'll catch ya all on Monday!!  biggrin.gif

#25 juls72

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:27 PM

Good evening Ladies,

Wow  you girls can chat. Haven't been on for a couple of days and I had about 8 pages to catch up on.

Most of my random facts are the same as others but here they are anyway.

1. We have a dog named Boots (as in the monkey from Dora). We got it for Ryan on his birthday last year and we let him name him.
2. I always wear my hair in a ponytail as well. It's a special occasion if I do it properly.
3. Absolutly love Bon Jovi. There last couple of concerts out here I was in the front row (joined the fan club to be able to do this). Hoping they will tour out here again soon.
4. I don't have my licence. Always seem to have my 'L's but don't get to the next step but i'm working on it. Need it now with 2 kids.
5. I am also a reality TV show addict.
6. I use to be an assistant executive housekeeper in a hotel.
7. Fussy eater. If it's good for you I usually don't like it lol.
8. Will miss the spare bed once I have the baby (need the bedroom for the baby). Either DH or myself end up in there especially when i'm pregnant.
9. Usually takes me to about 9.00am to get motivated in the morning unless I have something to do. I know i'm lazy but that will change when the baby gets here.
10. Lived with my parents until I was 28 it was alot cheaper.

Will come back tomorrow for personels I hope everyone's doing ok.

Julie

ME 34
DH 35
DS 04/05/04

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.