July 2ww??
July 2ww??

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#26 3bubs

Posted 14 June 2005 - 05:41 PM

Can you pleae add me to this thread.  I am finally starting Lurin tomorrow after being on the OCP for 54 days!!!

Girls, I hope we have a great July with lots of  original.gif

3bubs: (33)
DH:    MF (33)
IVF with PGD #1
Lucrin 15/6

#27 Aqua75

Posted 14 June 2005 - 06:33 PM

Hi All,
I can't believe how many people have colds with their Synarel!! Please Alicia and Suzi-did you still supress as expected?? I am a tad worried that it's not going to absorb through all the other muck in my nasal passages (sorry tmi). I am looking for some reassurance as this is my first cycle and I'm not liking the synarel much at all and will be really b*mmed if it doesn't work properly because of my cold!!
I was surprised by AF today. The nurse did say she might come after stopping BCP and sure enough she did. Without all these drugs I wouldn't be expecting her til christmas next year so It's really bizarre that this is the 4th time she's been near me this year.
I have a B/T on 20/6 to check if eostrogen is suppressed enough and then hopefully start Gonal F.
Hope everyone is travelling OK.

Jen
ME 30 PCOS/dodgy tubes
DH 30
ttc#1 since July 02
Clomid 100mg=no O/no AF
Clomid + Gonal F=BFN
LAP Feb 05 damaged tubes
Next stop IVF/ICSI July 05 Monash sniffing now

#28 3bubs

Posted 14 June 2005 - 07:35 PM

Tina, thanks for adding me to the list.

#29 I'MAMUM

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:09 PM

Hi Everyone and Welcome to all the new people on the list.

Capricorn:  Are you still a little irritable and snappy?    How's your DH/P handling it?

Jen:  How are you finding the Synarel?  Hope you haven't got a head cold too.

Cicely:  I really hope you get the best birthday present ever and that your head cold is getting better.

Larissa:  My clinic supplies the Lucrin or Synarel as well at no extra charge.  How's things?

White2Sugars:  How did your blood test go?  

Suzi:  Why were you on the Synarel for so long?  Sorry I'm new so still working things out.

TinTin:  Are you definitely going to Blast?  Thanks for taking the time to do the info - it's great.

Alicia.S:  Fingers crossed you 'O' when expected.  Good luck.

Kylie:  How are the injections going?  Are you having any other side effects with the Gonal-F?

3Bubs:  Great to hear you are starting the Lucrin.  Good luck.

My best wishes are with each and every one of you - I truly hope that this is the cycle to bring the joy that you long for.

Regards >>>>>>> Michelle

#30 white2sugars

Posted 14 June 2005 - 11:15 PM

Hey girls ... howdy ... My blood test is tomorrow morning (wed) to see if I have supressed with Lucrin and I am feeling very nervous about it ... I am not looking forward to hearing the results as I have a sneaky feeling it is going to show that I ovulated !

But hopefully I am wrong >>> PLEASE !!!!

Also to the girls on Lucrin ... does it make your skin Break out - I have pimples coming up everywhere - and I mean everywhere ... on my face, on my head and even in my crotch (sorry) ... and today I get a coldsore - I feel like a freak show !!!!! I am not a pretty sight .... I do not feel sick at all with the Lucrin just the zits ....

sorry that there are no personals - but it is now 11.11pm and have to leave home tomorrow morning at 630am for my blood test .... eeeeeekkkk - better get to bed ....

night night

This message was edited by white2sugars on Tuesday, 14 June 2005 @ 11:15 PM

#31 StevensAngel

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:43 AM

Hi All

Just a quick one to say hi and hope all are travelling well. Hope your sniffing/injecting is going well for you. Today is the last day of the BCP for this cycle,so have dear old AF to look forward to in the next couple of days OH GOODIE!!!.

Take care all

Cicely

Me:37
DH:37
TTC:since Feb 2003
PCOS/MF
#1 IVF/ICSI - Feb 05 - BFP then Early M/C(Day of B/T)
#2 FET - May 05 - BFN
BCP from 23/5,Sniffing from Thurs 9/6

#32 I'MAMUM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 08:44 AM

Hi Everyone and Welcome to all the new people on the list.

Capricorn:  Are you still a little irritable and snappy?    How's your DH/P handling it?

Jen:  How are you finding the Synarel?  Hope you haven't got a head cold too.

Cicely:  I really hope you get the best birthday present ever and that your head cold is getting better.

Larissa:  My clinic supplies the Lucrin or Synarel as well at no extra charge.  How's things?

White2Sugars:  How did your blood test go?  

Suzi:  Why were you on the Synarel for so long?  Sorry I'm new so still working things out.

TinTin:  Are you definitely going to Blast?  Thanks for taking the time to do the info - it's great.

Alicia.S:  Fingers crossed you 'O' when expected.  Good luck.

Kylie:  How are the injections going?  Are you having any other side effects with the Gonal-F?

3Bubs:  Great to hear you are starting the Lucrin.  Good luck.

My best wishes are with each and every one of you - I truly hope that this is the cycle to bring the joy that you long for.

Regards >>>>>>> Michelle

#33 sogorgeous

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:23 AM

Hi all just a quickie from me this morning as I am getting ready to drive down for my appointment (staying at dads overnight and bt first thing tomorrow).

Michelle on the gonal f I'm not as tired anymore - the synarel if you are on that really knocks you about I find (and I'm assuming lucin would be the same?).  I do have weird cramps and bloating like just before AF is due but this is normal and I remember it from last time - apparently a good sign as everything is going OK.

I have a quick ?? though for everyone.  We have to let them know whether to transfer 1 or 2 embies.  We are doing a 5dt.  They are recommending 1 because of the risk of twins (we have slight MF only and apparently I am very fertile...don't you love it...if I was very fertile why the f*** am I doing IVF I ask you) but we are leaning much more towards 2.  What is everyone else doing this cycle.  Last time we transferred 2 but it was a 2dt so much less risk of twins.

#34 alicia.s

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:27 PM

Hi girls,

I'm going to be quick with personals cos I have to squeeze in lunch before I go and have acupuncture.

Sogorgeous- It can be a tough decision! It is a very personal choice. With my 1st IVF cycle we tf'd 1 at 2 days (mainly because of my age). We are tf'ing 2 for our FET. We only have 2 in the freezer so we may as well try thawing them both (RE's advice). I tend to go with what my RE says..but that's just me. We may consider 2 if we go to a 2nd IVF cycle. Hmmmm. I would probably go with 1? That's my humble opinion. I would prefer a singleton over twins but it's up to you!

White2sugars- Good luck with the BT!

Jen! I had a cold while I was sniffing too. Don't worry! I just had a good blow and sniffed on the clearest side possible. I'm sure you'll be OK. Maybe you should check with your clinic if you're really blocked up!

Hi to everyone I missed. Catch up on more personals soon!

Alicia
Me- 28
DH- 34
TTC- Since May 2003
6 cycles Clomid- 2004
IVF#1- BFN
FET#1

#35 raisin74

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:22 PM

Hello Everybody,

Kylie & sheree good luck with your b/t tommorrow.
3 Bubs glad you can finally get started after waiting so long.
Jen dont worry about your cold as long as you dont feel the Synarel coming back out of your nose just after you spray you should be fine. I was worried that my cold was going to affect the Synarel but it didn't. Remember not to use a decongestant for 30mins after spraying.
Cicley hope your are feeling better.
Michelle I have been on Synarel for so long because my clinic only does GIFT procedures on certain days, not sure why but I think its because when they get the mens sperm they pick out the good ones to put back, so if they do all the GIFTs on that day they can just spend their time finding all the good ones.
White2sugars how did your b/t go?
Hi to all you girls I missed will catch up later as I have to take the dog for a walk before it gets too late.

Suzi

#36 white2sugars

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:03 PM

blood test went ok .... they said my e2 is still a bit high (293) but good enough to start gonal-f tomorrow ... with another blood test (and I am guessing a scan) next Tuesday ....

so was pleasantly surprised .... but also a bit miffed to why I cant be supressed .... hmmmm to weird

#37 tintin78

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:18 PM

Hi girls!!

Well i went for my B/T today and everything was fine. I now go for another B/T on Fri and U/S & hopefully will find out when my EPU is.
I'm starting to feel a bit funny down in my ovary region- kind of a bruised feeling-but not constant. I'm guessing that's my follies growing!!
I'm drinking tons of water too. I actually feel really good for doing it too. I'm having at least 3L a day (4 x 750ml PUMP bottles...I keep refilling @ work!!)

Michelle-I am going to blast...as long as they make it to there!!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Tina
ttc since Jan 03
me 26
dh 26
unexplained
IVF#1 June 05

#38 Aqua75

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:26 PM

Hi there,
Thanks for the reassurance Alicia and Suzi! Of all the times to have a runny/blocked nose!
I posted this response about 1/2 embies in the beginners BG. I hope it doesn't offend anyone. I'm just being honest and speaking as a person with no children yet!! It's just my thoughts at the moment and is subject to change on a whim....

And the big one - one embie or two?
We have been going over this and over this. I swing from one to the other frequently. At this second I am leaning towards two and are reasons are: Our clinic has only offered 2 day transfers. How do I know these little embies are even going to make it to day 3 or 4 let alone survive the whole 2ww to register on a HPT? I feel 2 gives me a better chance that 1 might be strong enough to go the distance.
On the flip side I don’t want twins. My reasons are silly. I’m not looking forward to pooey nappies, let alone double the amount of pooey nappies!! But because I am not completely shallow I have also considered the health risks to me and the baby, the risk of prematurity and possibly losing both babies if that happened. AARRGGHH what to do!! If they get an absolutely genius looking 2 day embie(!!!!) they could persuade me to only put one back. DH is a twin tho, so my luck it would split and I’d still end up drowning under buckets of nappies…. wink.gif
Oh and if I get to the stage of seeing a heartbeat at the ultrasound I WILL start dealing with the nappy issue, but until then all babies back to their own mothers when they start to smell!!

Jen wink.gif

#39 I'MAMUM

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

Hi Ladies

Hope everyone is going great.  I'm feeling quite good but really really tired and I have no memory.  I'm on Lucrin and 450 iu of Gonal-F.  I have a blood test on Friday and then another one on Monday plus a scan to see when EPU is.  Woooo Hoooo ~ it is getting closer and closer.

White2Sugars:  Fortunately the Lucrin isn't making me break out.  You have atleast started suppressing, hope all goes well with the next blood test and scan.

Sogorgeous:  Are you still taking the Synarel with the Gonal-F?  I am to continue taking the Lucrin plus the Gonal-F up to trigger.  Because of my age our options were 2 or 3 embies at transfer - we chose 2 for our first try, since our is MF.  It's a hard decision - I guess it depends on age, why you are doing AC and would you be able to handle twins if that eventuates?

Tina:  Good luck for the scan and bt on Friday.  Glad todays showed that everything was fine.  Hope they all make it to blast just fine.

Jen:  I understand what you are saying about the poopy nappies!!! LOL  We'll be pros at it in no time flat - crossing fingers !!!

Kylie / Sheree:  Best of luck with your blood tests tomorrow.

Hope I haven't missed anyone - sorry if I have.  

It's hard to know whether to be optomistic, realistic, or downright scared on this ride, not to mention the other hundred of emotions bubbling about.

Regards >>>>>>>>> Michelle

#40 Magic

Posted 16 June 2005 - 12:09 PM

Well it's all moving along in here! BT good - strange going to a new clinic though.  But I suppose it adds a bit of excitement again - after 13 attempts it becomes "run of the mill" doh doh!

I have an US tomorrow but suspect a BT too.  Just waiting for EPU date now - because we are doing PGD the EPUs only occur on Sundays, Tuesdays and Fridays!!

Sheree

DH 38
DD 3 (BFP IVF attempt#4)
Ectopic Pg April 2005 (IVF attempt#13)

14th IVF attempt underway

#41 Magic

Posted 16 June 2005 - 04:46 PM

Well BT results are in, and they are apparently excellent:

CD8, Oestrogen 2400 and Progesterone 2.3.

Another BT and a US tomorrow, they said I will be able to take the trigger injection home with me tomorrow.

Wooo hoooo - finally some progress..

Sheree

DH 38
DD 3 (BFP IVF attempt#4)

#42 I'MAMUM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:00 PM

Hey Sheree

That is great news!!!!  So you might be doing your EPU on Sunday?  Hope all goes well.

Love >>>>>>>>>> Michelle

#43 Magic

Posted 16 June 2005 - 07:24 PM

Tina - what was your E2 and P4 levels today?

Sheree

DH 38
DD 3 (BFP IVF attempt#4)

#44 sogorgeous

Posted 16 June 2005 - 08:55 PM

Michelle - I still take the synarel with the gonal f.  I asked the nurse today about lucrin and she said I have the option of either one but they normally start with the synarel so you aren't doing so many injections (which suits me let me tell you...LOL).  Also either option is covered in the cycle cost with my clinic.

Aqua75 - that isn't offensive at all as we all have our reasons for what we do or wish to do.  If I was doing a 2dt this cycle there is no way I would transfer less than 2 embies.  In fact that is standard practice for my clinic with 2dt.

Sheree - fab news, so if you trigger tomorrow epu on Sunday?

Tina - hope everything goes well tomorrow with EPU next week.  I can so relate to the bruised feeling. I get little twinges every now and again and think to myself theres another one growing.

White2sugars - welcome to the gonal f club.

re colds & synarel - I think the general thing with synarel is you get a bit nasally and congested with it also which I understand is normal.  Just make sure you blow before spraying (sounds diry doesn't it.. ;-)) and you should taste it down the back of your throat after spraying.  Sometimes it is straight away and other times for me is not until a while later.

Hope everyone else is going along nicely.

Had my blood test today and everything is on track for EPU next Thursday. Can't believe that everything has gone so quickly.  Gotta say though that I am so bloated and looking forward to Mon when I have the us to see how many follies are growing down there.  

We have also decided, everything going well, that we will transfer 2 embies.  We had pretty much decided that this will be our last IVF attempt. We still have 1 frozen emby from our first cycle and hopefully will have some frozen ones from this cycle if (see the hope there) we need them.

Kylie

me 34
dh 42
dd 3 (ICSI '01)
MF
JUNE '05 ICSI#2

#45 I'MAMUM

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:27 PM

Hey Girls

This week I feel is the week for little worries crossing through my mind.  Is anyone else feeling that way.  Not stressed out but thinking of all the things that can possibly go wrong?  

Like ~ What if only a few follies grow?  What if there are no eggs?  What if none of the eggs fetilize?  What if I overstimulate because I am on such a high dose of Gonal-F?  Heaps more ...... Grrrrrr.

Fortunately - not going out of mind yet ~ saving that for the 2ww. LOL

Regards >>>>>>>>>> Michelle

#46 chookas!

Posted 17 June 2005 - 09:57 AM

Hi Ladies,
Not much news from me, managed to get the Lucrin OK. Actually it was quite good to discover that I'm not too far away from SIVF at Liverpool. I might transfer over there, bit cheaper than the city!
Just before I forget, is the Lucrin making anyone tired? I don't remember this from before but I'm just so tired at the moment. I've been injecting since Sunday, so not that long either. white2sugars - I have noticed some acne too though so you're not the only one. God! The things we do too ourselves.

Michelle - that's great that your clinic provides all the drugs. Who are you with? Really makes me wonder with SIVF, god knows we are paying enough. Try not to worry to much about the outcomes,we really don't have any control over it. Just hope for the best wink.gif
Kylie - hard question about one or two, we've been putting back 1 fresh blast - BFN and we've done two FET's putting back 2 embryo's each time. We did get one pregnancy from the first FET, only one bub but unfortunately was a blighted ovum.
So this cycle we are contemplating 2 fresh, all the frozen embryo's we've put back have been almost as good as they were fresh, there was very little damage  and they still didn't stick. But then if we we're to end up with twins I'd have to get an OB and all the rest of it. I'd love twins though too so a bit of a dilemma. Good luck!
Alicia - hope you enjoyed you're acupuncture, I must find someone to start doing it again, so relaxing.
Tina - It's good that you're feeling a bit swollen there. You're ovaries are doing an awful lot of work!
Jen - Don't worry about the nappies, I've heard new mothers say it time and time again when it's your own you don't care, particularly if you breasfeed. You'll be fine.
Sheree - great B/T results, how did your scan go? Hope the flare cycle is doing good things to you.
Must go, I hope everyone else is going well.

Larissa 29, DH 34
TTC #1 since August 02,
1st IUI July, unsuccessful
1st IVF September, BFN
FET #1 M/C dammit!!!!
FET #2 May, BFN
IVF #2 June

#47 Capricorn70

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:15 PM

Wow, this group has really grown and taken on a life of its own! It seems like so long ago that I started this thread - I was so anxious to get this cycle going then the last week or so has been so hectic (work and homelife) that I haven't really been thinking too much about it.  Can't believe I said that!
Tina - thanks for starting the list - you're more than welcome to keep going with it, I don't think I could do it right now. Thanks for reminding about the water.  I remember it helped last time.
drugs - I am with SIVF (city) I had to buy Lucrin but then was given everything else including trigger and extra needles for Lucrin. Don't understand why they can't just give it all.  I've been on Lucrin for 9 days and haven't noticed any extra pimples.  Am really tired but not sure if its the drugs or just my life atm!
Michelle - I know what you mean. It's been a year since I did a stim cycle and I have noticed I'm worrying about little things not working.  I worried that my 'week of lucrin b/t' would show that nothing had happened, then worried that AF wouldn't show up when nurse said I had to wait for AF before starting the next step - that worry didn't last long as I had the worst AF pains ever on Wed. night - so bad I was in tears.
Sogorgeous - I keep changing my mind about 1 or 2.  My DH would love twins but I worry about all the risks.  On the other hand I think it would be great to complete our family all at once and give up this merrygoround.  Our clinic prefers blasts and recommends transferring one esp. in a fresh cycle but give you the option of changing your mind on the day of transfer.  If we only end up with 2 I would probably t/f both rather than freeze just one.
Started Puregon last night and have another b/t Sunday morning(have to go all the way into city by 8am) as its the only collection centre open on w/e!!)
Good luck to everyone whatever stage of this process you're up to.  Looking forward to lots of BFP's very soon.

ME (34)PCOS, IR
DH (48)M/F
TTC #1 01/99
ICSI #1 June/July 04 - BFN
FET #1 August - chem.preg.
FET #2 December - BFN
FET #3 January - BFN
Changed clinics for ICSI #2 NOW!!!

#48 Magic

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:16 PM

8 follies

Sheree

DH 38
DD 3 (BFP IVF attempt#4)

#49 I'MAMUM

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:05 PM

Hi Girls

Kylie:  How's the bloating going?  Only a few days until your scan.  Gosh I hope my drugs are working cos I don't feel anything much down there.  sad.gif  

Larissa:  I am so tired - my dh keeps making fun of me.  As I am almost ready to hop back into bed soon after I get up.  LOL.  I'm normally up until all hours but the last few nights I have been forcing myself to stay up until 10:30.  LOL ~ that's like going to bed with Humphrey to me.  I am with Fertility First at Hurstville.  Yeah I am pretty amazed that SIVF don't throw in the Lucrin for the amount you pay.

Capricorn:  Glad AF finally showed up, sorry the pain went with that ride.  So you have started your FSH injections too.  It's just a few niggles at the back of the mind - luckily they haven't taken over yet.  Problem is more you read, more you realise the potential to go wrong.

ShereeW:  Is 8 follies good?  Hope so.

I hope everyone is travelling well and taking care of themselves.

I'm waiting for my clinic to ring.  May have to go to Sydney next week for scan and possible EPU on Friday.  

Regards >>>>>>>>>> Michelle

#50 raisin74

Posted 17 June 2005 - 04:34 PM

Hi Girls,

I just did a long post and lost the lot. :mad:
So now its just a quick one.
Sheree 8 follies is good. When is epu?
Michelle I know what you mean about worring. I seem to be having the worst time with my Synarel latley which dosen't want to stay up my nose.
Tina did you have b/t and u/s today? How did it go?

Not much happening here just still sniffing away and waiting for Tuesday so I can start my Puregon. This cycle seems to be taking forever.

I hope everybody else is doing ok.

Suzi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.