AC Mums TTC Again ... June 05
AC Mums TTC Again ... June 05

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 Mergie

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:33 PM

Wow so much has happened in one day.

Alisona - how exciting for you, 2 little blast's on board!! I have everything crossed for you, good luck.

Helen - good luck for Wednesday!  I love your thoughts on taking your DS into the transfer with you, what a lovely thought.  Fingers crossed with it all.

Bluestone - So sorry to hear of your BFN.  I hope WW does the trick with your weight loss.  I've followed the program for the last 6 months, not diligently, mind you and I've lost around 7kgs.  It is one of the easiest programs to follow.

Felicity - thinking of you mate.

Take care everyone.

#27 Kays

Posted 06 June 2005 - 08:56 PM

HI girls,

My update is that I still havent decided on a date.. It will be end of this month early next month..

I have been trying to lose wieght before I go again and I can happily say I have lost 4kg but the difference really is in the measurements.

sorry im not up for personals at teh moment, I have a huge head ache..

Best of luck for all those waiting this week and big hugs for those BFN.... Hope June is full off BFP for everyone..

Kaysie

Hollie Miranda 15/04/04
IVF Miracle #1
Getting ready for another IVF Miracle

www.babiesonline.com/babies/h/holliemiranda/

#28 not-surprised

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:51 PM

Kays that is a gorgeous photo of Hollie - my DD does that face too! Last month I got a library book which had a page with a pic of a baby doing that and the words "kiss kiss I love you!". The very FIRST time we read it, Alex leant forwards to kiss the pic of the baby, then she went thru a stage over a couple of days of holding her own hand up to kiss the palm with big lip-smacking sounds.

Ahhh babies they are just so wonderful... now I remember why I want another one! Certainly this arvo I didn't when for the 3-4th time in about 2w Alex would not go down for an afternoon nap. By dinner time she just about couldn't walk a straight line!

Not having a good time reading bad news on the boards right now - feel terrible for all the ppl getting BFNs on the June 2ww but really don't know what to say or do as I am still hoping for a BFP. Don't want to even consider how I might break good news as it would mean we have never had a failed cycle.

Felicity saw your news last night and am totally at a loss as to what to say.

I recall that natural cycles have a "follicular" phase and a "luteal" phase - well I'm going to coin new terms for IVF cycles and they are the "jabbing" phase and the "waiting" phase. In the jabbing phase you can at least give yourself the illusion of control as you are *doing* something, but the rest is just a killer.

That's my second long and waffly post tonight - perhaps I can kill the rest of my 2ww boring the whole of EB to death with my drivel!?

IVF/ICSI#2 - currently 2ww 6dp5dt

Steph
DD Alex (March 04)

This message was edited by s_m on Monday, 6 June 2005 @ 9:51 PM

#29 scissorsisters

Posted 07 June 2005 - 06:37 AM

Well, today is the day.  My beta has been brought forward a day.  I already know the answer but will wait for 'professional confirmation'.

I had an absolutely shocking day at the hospital where I work yesterday.  An absolutely tragic event made me realise that I have more than enough to be thankful for and I can get through this and at the end of it all if there is just dh, ds, and me, we will be fine.

Felicity - Have replied to you on the other board.

Kaysie - I agree, what a cute photo.  My ds does that face as well - it's his fish face

Steph - Hang in there.

Alison - Great news about 2 blasts on board.

Helen - Good luck for Wednesday.  

Robyn

#30 beep

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:10 PM

Helen hope all turns out for you.

Felicity keep on beleiving for that miracle egg.

Narelle  carrots how tasty, wish I had that much disipline I would probably eat a whole bag full and not get full.

Well on the 6th I had another u/s and miracle of miracles got two follies growing left one is 8 right one is 9. Just have to get through the iui and implantation to stick.

#31 scissorsisters

Posted 07 June 2005 - 05:14 PM

BFN for me.

I will be checking in on you all.  Hopefully to see lots of BFP's.

#32 Mergie

Posted 07 June 2005 - 07:32 PM

Oh CRAP Robby1, take care and keep in touch.

#33 not-surprised

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:51 PM

Just dropping by to wish Helen all the best for tomorrow's transfer!

7dp5dt IVF/ISCI#2

Steph
DD Alex (March 04)

#34 Darkchylde

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:09 AM

Sugar Robby..big hugs for ya..take care now.

Kat
Me 30 DH 35
2x DD
MF
TTC 3yrs
IUI#1

#35 Guest_ckrmum_*

Posted 08 June 2005 - 02:13 PM

Well it's official ... I am now in the 2ww!

Our little frostie was thawed this morning and everything went really well. Our embryologist, known for his love of perfection, reported that it thawed "beautifully" - a loss of less than 5% of cells. And it was already well on the way to fully re-hydrating itself by the time we arrived for transfer. All great news according to everyone there.

So I'm now home taking it easy for the rest of the day ... DH is keeping DS busy.

I'll catch up on personals in the coming week - no doubt I'll need lots of distractions so expect huge messages for each and every one of you, lol. original.gif

Cheers,
Helen.
DS 22/4/04.
TTC#2 - FET 8/6 (beta 18/6).

#36 mum2brodie

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:23 PM

Waiting - Waiting-Waiting.

So far as of yesterday we have 5 - grade 1 embies - But they where going to do PGD this morning and get back to me if there are any normal ones. But I havent heard anything sad.gif

If we transfer Im on call and have to get my bum into the Freemasons - Transfer will be late afternoon early evening.

Not an easy thing to do when you have a toddler that needs to sleep and eat.

Ahhhh the wait is killing me original.gif

#37 Guest_ckrmum_*

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:56 PM

How's everyone travelling these days?  Any news to share?

Cheers,
Helen.
DS 22/4/04.
TTC#2 - 4dp5dt - b/t 18/6.

#38 scissorsisters

Posted 13 June 2005 - 01:52 AM

I really hope this is apporpriate, but Felicity didn't make it to transfer.

i will leave it to her to share the details.

hugs to you Felcity!

#39 Rachael1970

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:02 AM

Hi,

Just popping in again.  Our 7th transfer ended in miscarriage.  We have two 6 day blasts left in the freezer but will be seeing our doctor on 18th July to decide what to do next.  I think we would like to ask if there is any testing we can do.

I really wonder if it's going to happen.  We are looking at our options.

Rachael

#40 Guest_ckrmum_*

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:41 AM

Good morning,

I hope everyone is having a lovely long weekend. For us it's been pretty quiet but that's great for us ... we really need a weekend to ourselves.

After reading a few posts these past few days I thought I might suggest a very slight change to this thread.

Not every Mum here in the AC world will be TTC in the current month that this thread is running ... they may not even have plans to anytime soon ... they may even be thinking about giving it all away.

So what I thought we could do is include these Mums, ie. it's not a thread just for Mums actively TTC, but all AC Mums in general.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Helen.
DS 22/4/04.
TTC#2 - 5dp5dt - b/t 18/6.

#41 Kays

Posted 13 June 2005 - 09:59 AM

THANKS for the comments on Hols photo.. I am a photographer so have LOADS of great photos of her..

ROBBY - Im sorry to hear of your BFN. Hope you are ok.

HELEN- Well done on the beautiful defrost LOL... THere is actaully a thread down in the buddies section for mums after AC...

MUM2BRODIE - Can you explain the PGD to me. I roughly know what it is.

FELICITY - SOrry to hear you news. When you feel up to it come in and get it off your chest with us

RACHEL - Sorry to hear of your miscarraige. What type of testing are you looking into?

OK now I have a question. THis is a bit long winded so hope you can follow...

I rang the clinic the other day to see about my script for the HRT and getting the call rolling. I asked her about defrosting adn when they actaully do it adn we just presumed they thaw just one. Anyway she tells me oh no we will thaw both out. One many die, both may die or both may live. So i say well if they both live what happens. And she told me we have to dispose of one.. I cant do that.. THESE ARE MY BABIES... They dont transfer 2 embies for someone my age ( 27) and I only have half a uterus so it wouldnt be a good ideas anyway as I am high risk. I mean if they thawed one on say the sat and it didnt thaw cant they then start thawing again straight away and put it in when it is thawed? Does that make sense? she said they cant cause they have to do it when my body is ready.... I cant lose one of my babies.... I know sounds stupid but I am very attached.

THese are my last 2 embies. I cant afford to go for another stim cycle. I nEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED it to work..

thanks for listening
Kaysie

Hollie Miranda 15/04/04
IVF Miracle #1
Getting ready for another IVF Miracle

www.babiesonline.com/babies/h/holliemiranda/

#42 Guest_ckrmum_*

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:20 AM

Thanks for the heads up about that other thread Kaysie. I expect that there would have been be a thread like that somewhere but that's not quite what I meant for this thread to evolve into.

I would like to think of this thread as somewhere for AC Mums who are actively TTC right thru to AC Mums who are thinking about TTC to chat. It's not somewhere to talk about parenting issues, etc. but somewhere to talk about adding to families. Sure, alot will revolve around those who are actively trying but I'm sure those who are still deciding or are waiting to start will have a part to play.

What about this?

Cheers,
Helen.
DS 22/4/04.
TTC#2 - 5dp5dt - b/t 18/6.

#43 Guest_ckrmum_*

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:39 PM

Hi Kaysie,

While doing this morning's update I just came across your question. So sorry for not answering beforehand.

In regard to the thawing of embies, our clinic thaws them one by one. That is, they attempt to thaw one, if it survives and hasn't lost alot of cells then that's it. The emby is then left to re-hydrate and continue to grow. If this first emby hasn't survived or is not in very good shape then the embryologist calls us to ask for permission to thaw another. And the process is repeated until either they have a good emby, there are no more to thaw or we say no.

Maybe you could approach the clinic with the request for them to do things this way. Each thaw only takes 30 to 40 minutes so if they start a few hours before your transfer then they have plenty of time to go back for the second one if needed and you agree.

My clinic (SIVF) has a rule that they won't transfer more than one emby unless there are very special circumstances. And there success rates show that they are doing the right thing.

I do know how you feel about not wanting to just dispose of the second emby. I felt exactly like this when I did a FET cycle back in 2003. We had four frosties - the first didn't survive, the second and third were weak so we thawed the last one. We transferred two but told the embryologist to allow the last one to grow til either it reached blastocyst (and re-freeze) or it died. He agreed and it lasted for two more days before that was it. But I felt fine with that as I had at least given it a chance. And our embryologist totally agreed with this.

I would get on the phone and tell them that you want to thaw one by one and stop at one if that one thaws and survives well. Do not thaw the second one without your permission.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Helen.
DS 22/4/04.
TTC#2 - 6dp5dt - b/t 18/6.

#44 Kays

Posted 14 June 2005 - 02:35 PM

Thanks Helen

Were you FET medicated or natural... I am doing medicated. DOes that make a difference. I am with SIVF also and I know about there one embie policy.. she was very adament about the fact that they had to do them both at the same time. She said it was different if they were 3 days embies not 5. Were yours 3 or 5?

Kaysie

#45 Rachael1970

Posted 14 June 2005 - 02:43 PM

Hi Helen,

I'm fine with making this group more general and chatty.  Some days I find it hard to go over to the Mums after fertility problems (I know that sounds bad) so it would be good to have discussion here too.

I'm with SIVF too.  I think the 1 embie policy depends a bit on the doctor and how old you are.  My first SIVF doctor was very adamant and argued with me until I changed my mind (literally when I was in the chair!).  My current one is much more relaxed, he explains the risks of twins but says it's my decision.  I had 2 blasts transfered for my last fresh cycle and one of them was a grade 1 that was already hatching.  It was a BFN cycle.  

Rachael

#46 Mergie

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:11 PM

Hi Everyone

I'm cool about changing the thread to whatever suits the majority.  The fact we are all Mum's makes this a 'safe' place to mention our kids without offending anyone. So if we're trying, considering, pg it really doesn't make any difference.

Kays- I was surprised to read your post re thawing both. I really don't understand why this has to be done unless they are both stored in the one straw.  Sorry I don't know anything at all about the storing procedure so shouldn't comment.  I hope this can be resolved without you having to go through anymore grief than this whole AC process brings.  

Helen - How's the 2WW going?

Mum2Brodie - How are you?

Racheal - Sorry to read your news.  I hope you get some answers at your next appointment.

I had a scan this arvo, my follies aren't doing much at all so I'll have another on Saturday.  My Dr said it was quite normal to have a longer than normal cycle after stimming.  At this stage my little popsicle won't be on board until next week.

Hope everyone else is doing well, will catch up again soon.

Take care.

#47 Guest_ckrmum_*

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:35 PM

Hi Kaysie,

I am always FET medicated but I don't think this makes a difference. Nor does it make a difference whether the embies were frozen at Day 2, Day 3 or Day 5. My first FET cycle was using Day 2 frosties. This cycle I'm using Day 5 frosties.

Which SIVF clinic are you with?  I ask because I could ask my Nurse Co-ordinator here in Canberra if different SIVF clinics have different protocols if you want. Though I really think that the answer would be no. So I would be getting onto your clinic and asking to speak directly to one of the embryologists there. That way you'll get the true story. Tell them what I've told you and see how they respond. Having just done a thaw last Wednesday all the details are fresh in my mind.

Cheers,
Helen.
DS 22/4/04.
TTC#2 - 6dp5dt - b/t 18/6.

#48 Kays

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:08 PM

THanks Mergie and Helen..

Helen I might ring the head honcho nurse and ask. I am with SIVF in Newcastle. I had never heard of this nurse I spoke to so she must be new since I went there. If you are talking to your nurse that would be great if you asked

Kaysie

#49 Guest_ckrmum_*

Posted 17 June 2005 - 08:29 AM

Only one more day 'til we find out if this cycle has worked and I am going crazy. Yesterday I even looked online for HPT's that measure the lowest level of HCG. Why am I like this with this cycle?  I have never wanted to test any other time.  

Cheers,
Helen.
DS 22/4/04.
TTC#2 - 9dp5dt - b/t TOMORROW.

#50 Mergie

Posted 17 June 2005 - 11:31 AM

Helen - Just wanted to wish you luck for tmw. I don't blame you for looking into HPT's, I'm surprised you haven't done one yet. LOL.

Looking forward to your results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.