IUI Buddies #3
IUI Buddies #3

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#51 Fiona9

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:11 AM

Has anyone fallen pregnant using IUI ?

Thanks guys for your replies. My doc at MIVF wants us to consider ICSI after we give IUI a try. Gee, that sounds like the icing on the cake.

So from the information I have gathered from you guys I think I am going to give IUI a few trys without the injections and then move onto injections and then if that does not work, arggggghhhh, don't know. proberly breakdown. I guess no ne ever expects fertility problems, buts its a bummer when they happen.  

So where do you guys get all this IUI stuff done ? Is anyone doing it through freemasons or Royal melb in melbourne ?

Btw...i am having my first go of IUI in 2 weeks time, I have my period at the moment.

I like they fact the monitor you so you get maximum chance of it working when you egg gets released.

Fiona.

This message was edited by Fiona9 on Saturday, 4 June 2005 @ 9:30 AM

#52 reny

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:20 AM

Good morning girls,

I just wanted to wish all of you in the 2ww the very best of luck.  I have absolutely everything crossed for you.

I still read your post's and send lot's of baby dust your way.

Also good luck to everyone else who is injecting or waiting to inject.  

Love Reny xx

#53 Darkchylde

Posted 04 June 2005 - 03:11 PM

Donna thanks for the lovely welcome and they want me in there on the 14th for my BT.  Kirism..hang in there mate, just be persistant. I found that with the doc he doesn't talk much when my husband is in the room with me, but he can smile occassionally ;p.  I have a friend who had injectables here in Townsville and had twins but I'm trying to contact her to find out further details..but I'll keep you and the other girls informed.

Kat
Me 30 DH 35
2x DD
MF
TTC 3yrs
IUI#1

#54 Kyles

Posted 04 June 2005 - 08:24 PM

Hi all,
Well I am still having hot flushes, so I have no idea whether I have ovulated yet.  I tried to get a blood test out of the nurse yesterday but she just told me that the results would be distorted because of the injection and the best thing to do is what until my period arrives.  She was supposed to ring me back after talking to the doctor about it but I didn't hear anything.  So after having a long chat to my mum about what has happened I have decided to let this cycle go and just move on.  Hopefully it will be better next time now that I know how my body is or is not going to cooperate :-/  

Katrina - I had some spotting afterwards too.  How would you go about getting a referral to see a clinic in Brisbane?  I wouldn't know which clinic in Brisbane to ask for a referral to.  I would love to know how your friend managed to do injectibles!!!

Kirsim - Another tsv person wow too!!!  I am amazed we have all managed to find EB at the same time and same buddy group too!  Where are you having acupuncture at?  I tried looking into that earlier in the year and was told to try Bluewater Medical Centre but when I finally got an apt out there it ended up being a counnselling session.  Apparently he worked in infertility area when he was in Egypt.  All very well but $100 later and no word of the acupuncture I left with a script for Zoloft :-/  I went home and bawled my eyes out, stuck the script in my bed side table drawer and haven't looked at it since.  I agree that he is not the easiest person to talk to and I have found him to be abrupt at times.  I thought he was being rude at first but now I think that its just him.  So I guess that means you had no luck convincing him to do injectibles either?  Sorry I don't know about the medicare rebate rules maybe you could try ringing the medicare info line or looking on their website?  Keep your chin up and I hope this one works for you  :-)

Fiona - Welcome I understand how you feel about IVF being scary.  I hope IUI works out for you.

Donna - No need to apologise, I agree with you about the doctor being a prat! If there is usually so much monitoring with injectibles and the ability to tweek the dosage , then I don't understand why is still refusing to use them.  Maybe he just can't be bothered with all the monitoring?  But then that clinic does IVF.  Maybe I will ask him next time.  I don't think I have done 12 clomid cycles in a row as I have usually have a break every couple of cycles.  They looked into whether I had PCOS but the fs said I had some features but it didn't matter either way because the treatment is the same.  But he never said anything about metformin.  I'll ask about that too next time.

Kylie

#55 *Donna*

Posted 04 June 2005 - 11:46 PM

Kylie, I apologise again but that nurse is a prat too !!!

Are you taking or have you taken any hormone support other than Pregnyl/HCG ???  It is only your progesterone level that indicates if ovulation has taken place, nothing else, so unless you have taken progesterone then a blood test will still tell you if you have ovulated or not.

What is it with this clinic, sounds like they need a good kick up the backside.  I sure hope you Townsville gals band together and get some answers here...

she just told me that the results would be distorted because of the injection and the best thing to do is what until my period arrives

I can't believe that a nurse at a fertility clinic could say something like this to you, do they have no understanding at all of what we go through here ????

Fiona, if you have a look at the list of those of us doing IUI's you will see the graduates down the bottom and their due dates.  Of course that is not everyone on EB who has fallen pregnant through IUI, just those since we started this buddy group.

#56 StillRoz

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:41 AM

***Edited by Roz***

Edited by StillRoz, 31 May 2008 - 06:56 AM.

#57 becj245

Posted 05 June 2005 - 08:34 AM

Hi Girls,

I just had to stick my head in on this one!!!!

I have a good friend of mine who is being treated at Townsville QFG and is starting IVF this month. I get really peeved when she tells me about her treatment, but I really don't want to diss her Dr so I haven't said anything. She has now been TTC #1 with DH for 2 YEARS!!!!! That's how long she was told to try before he would get her onto IVF!!! WTF!!!!! As she lives rural and travels to the clinic, she has done 1 year of UNMONITORED Clomid...........

Anyways, for those of you who are being treated at QFG in Townsville who are looking for a change of scenery, you would probably be aware that QFG has HEAPS of really good Drs and a WONDERFUL clinic down here (Brisbane). All you need to do is look at the top of your blood forms for a list of their names - I am also happy to recommend some. Also, Mackay is another option. I don't know anything about how things are run there though. Go to your GP and get a referral....... The monitoring of cycles is much more precise here (from what I have heard about what's happening up there).

I must also throw in that my friend who is FINALLY starting to get IVF this month knows quite a lot of women who have had success with the Dr up there - so don't think it's hopeless. BUT I think that there is better care available.

I am also very mad and disappointed on your behalves.

Again, best wishes to those of you in your 2WW. I really hope that this is your last cycle!!!

Bec

P.S. Donna - thanks for asking. Things are going really well for me (as far as I know). My last beta looked lovely and I have my first scan on Friday to see how many we are contending with and also checking for heartbeat/s!!!! Haven't had any m/s to speak of!

#58 Fiona9

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:01 AM

Hi guys,
thanks for your your warm welcomes and replies. I am going to do IUI this round in 2WW without injections to start, if my doc allows it.

And thanks for pointing out the graduate list, thats awesome. So glad to hear it can work.

I must stay so the whole thing has put some stain on my relationship with my DH, I think we are still a bit suprised and I find it very hard to gt him to talk more than a few sentences about it. How is very loving and supportive but not a very big communicator.

Can i be added to the 2WW lists.
Thanks,
Fiona.

#59 *Donna*

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:52 PM

Roz, you don't know how hard it was to type that in a nice way !!!

I just feel so frustrated, it is hard enough to deal with any sort of infertility but I just feel like getting on a plane and flying up there and giving that doc and nurse a real serve.

I am sure there are a lot of positives about this clinic but things like this just make my blood boil, that's for sure.

Bec, make sure you let us know how your scan went ok...

Fiona, I have got you on the list under the "waiting" section, have you already had your IUI ???  If so, just let me know when you are due for your blood test and I will update the list straight away...

This message was edited by Donna17 on Sunday, 5 June 2005 @ 4:55 PM

#60 StillRoz

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:33 AM

***Edited by Roz***

#61 Fiona9

Posted 06 June 2005 - 09:18 AM

Hi guys,

Donna - i hae not had IUI as yet. I see my doctor this wednesday about having my first attempt this cycle. i have my period at the moment and should be ovualting in 2 weeks times.

Roz - thanks for you advise. Our doctor sent us a letter staight away via main saying " You need to have IVF as your husband has abnormal sperm ". So we spent the whole weekend sh*tting ourselves as we'd never contempleted we would need that as we had conceived naturally 2.5 year ago without even trying. So I had to suggest IUI to our fertility speicalist and he agreed that we should try that first. I felt he just expected we would be straight on board to go to IVF !! I was a bit shocked. But I want to give IUI a few tries without meds as I know with my normal gyn/ob when he was doing ultrasounds I had 2 eggs on most months. And then after 2 IUI's unmedicated I will go on to ovulation treatment .

I am rally hoping it works out for you all (and me). if it does not work out for me I think i have to go to ICSI. Thats what the fertility doc said.

Fiona.

#62 Chook3

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:52 AM

Hi Girls, Sorry I havent posted anything for the past week but I'm so tired and run down with work and all the injections, blood tests everyday and Scans.
This is OI/IUI #2 and the process is taking forever not like the first time. Anyway I had my second scan today and have 2 nice follies. They gave me the trigger and ready to have insemination tomorrow finally.
Welcome to all newbies, I hope everyone is doing well and I'm thinking of you all.

#63 kirsim

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:26 PM

Hi girls!

I have been avoiding the computer for a few days a (will incite work!!) and I come back to LOTS of new messages.

Kyles:  I am seeing Michael Dare and the Zen Den and he's the most wonderful man, and yes, there is definitely acupuncture happening, even at the first visit!  He has worked with quite a few women doing IVF with great success.  Hopefully I'll be another success story!  wink.gif  Definitely make an appointment.  Thanks for the info on Medicare, that's what we're going to do...but not until we know if this month has worked or not!  I quite like the doc for his laid-back approach, but it is frustrating when you want him to step it up a bit and he responds by getting dismissive.

Well I have found lots of things to keep me occupied in the 2WW.  I have a couple of weekends away to plan and some craft to keep the creative juices flowing.  So far I haven't really been giving it much thought!  Physically, I have been feeling a little crampy since insem.  And I had a little bit of bright red spotting 2 days after.  That's new!  And my boobs are killin' me.  But still trying to keep my mind off.  And trying to remember to take my herbs (from the acupuncturist) at the same time.  I keep forgetting and I'm paranoid that I'll never fall pg if I don't do everything properly.  Stupid I know.

#64 Cherry

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:46 PM

Hi Girls,

I have been out of action with the flu lately, and am at home sick again today arrgh!  Hello to all the new ladies, welcome, and good luck to you all!  I have found an absolute wealth of knowledge in this forum, and I am sure that you will learn a lot from all of these very wise and knowledgable ladies!!

Donna, my FS said I had to go back on the 16th for a preg test, but I can assure you that I will have done a few home tests before then!!!  It will be one week tomorrow since the IUI, and I have already been contemplating when I should do my first (naughty, I know  original.gif). What do the rest of you do? Do you hang out in suspense until the BT, or do you test at home?

I can't believe how many of us are in the 2WW, and will all find out within a few days of each other, lets hope that there will be a lot of celbrations in the next 1-2 weeks or so!!

Cherry.

#65 *Donna*

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:04 PM

Sorry gals, I haven't got time to do personals tonight but just wanted to pop my head in.

I am feeling very sore and sorry for myself today.  Had my mid luteal blood test and they could not get a decent vein in either elbow pit so as a last resort they were going to try on the top of my hand.

Instead they went about 10 cms up my arm in the main vein that runs from your thumb up.  Talk about sore.  The bruise is huge and it is very sore to touch and my arm hurts to move it.

I am hoping it will settle down by tomorrow or else I am going to have to talk to them about it.  I need to pop into the clinic cos my P and E is low and I have to pick up some suppositories to try and get them up a bit.

So, as you can imagine I have spent most of the wet and windy day watching TV on the couch !!!  hmmm, like I need an excuse to do that...

#66 Fiona9

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:29 AM

Hi girls,

I am just about to head off to my docs appoitment about my first IUI. I really hope he accepts the fact I want to start off by trying with the fertility drugs.

Hopefully after todays session i will be able to follow what you guys are talking about. At this stage all i know is that inject the sperm into your uterus around ovulation.

Good luck to you all !! fingers crossed.

Fiona.

#67 Chook3

Posted 08 June 2005 - 02:55 PM

Hi Girls, Just a quick update again, yesterday I finally had IUI #2 so now in the 2ww and my B/T 22/6. So how is everyone going? I know I havent been around  much this week but is it just me or has it been very quiet around here?

#68 Cherry

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:28 PM

Hi girls,

Yes Chook3, it has been very quiet around here lately....  I know that there are a few girls in the 2WW, welcome!!!  Maybe they are pre-occupied with other things?  I had my IUI 1 week and 1 day ago (not that I am counting or anything!!!)  I hope that the time goes quickly for you, and your wait ends in a BFP  wink.gif

Fiona, how did your appointment go today?

Anyway, not much from me tonight, but I would love to hear how everyone else is going.  Donna, are you out there????

Cherry.

#69 Darkchylde

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:18 PM

I'm just trying to pass the time..failing but trying...I've got six days left...I'm going to start walking my dogs again tomorrow, so that should help but I tend to think when I walk so maybe it won't help.

I've had AF pains all week, breasts are sore, got sinus and it may be a hopeful sign but I cannot stand the smell of coffeee at the moment (that happened when I fell with my DD), fingers crossed.

But enough of me...best of luck girls..keep your smiles up.

Kat
Me 30 DH 35
2x DD
MF
TTC 3yrs
IUI#1

#70 *Donna*

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:57 PM

Hey there, yes I am here...  Just have had a super busy week and been out pretty much every day.  Trying to keep my mind off you-know-what !!!  Thankfully I am out again tomorrow and Friday.  Then have the weekend to get through but DH will help with that, am busy Monday but have nothing organised for Tues or Wed so I will probably be going mental by then...

Fiona, how did your appt go ???

Chook, I will update the list soon.

Cherry, do you want to tell Chook that I am the big mouth !!!  I promise I will post every day between now and that day we are not talking about  ;p  So, have you caved and done any HPT's yet ???

Kat, they are definately good signs there.  I had the same sort of thing when I fell with DD and within days too but nothing like that has happened this time.  It is so hard to stay positive isn't it.

Kylie, how are things going for you, have you had any more luck with the clinic ?

So, seeing as there are so many of us in the 2WW how do you cope.  Are you one of those look for any niggle or sign.  Are you one of those positive thinkers or are you one of those who say that it definately hasn't worked.

For me, I am definately that last one.  It hasn't worked !!!  I guess that way I don't get my dreams crushed when I get the BFN but know it will be a nice surprise when it finally does happen.  Last cycle I already knew it hadn't worked and just sat there numb after the call, it took a few days to cry, you know, really cry.

So which one are the rest of you ???

#71 *Donna*

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:02 PM

In 2WW
StillTrying (Roz) BFP 12 June
Kylie - BFP 13 June
Seahorse (Jill) BFP 14 June
Darkchylde BFP 14 June
Donna BFP 15 June
Cherry - BFP 16 June
Kirsim BFP 16 June
Chook BFP 22 June

Injecting Now
X-Girl

Waiting to start next cycle
Adell
Beep
Cass
Fiona9
Jactela
Katy75
Peta
Soniq
Tees (Teena)

Graduates
Snookims (Karlene) Due 21/12/05
Nicole   Due ?
Reny   Due 24/12/05
Melly99 Due ?
Netjubes Due 25/12/05
Bec Due 26/01/06

#72 StillRoz

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:17 AM

***Edited by Roz***

#73 Chook3

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:29 AM

Hello All,

Fiona9, How did you go at the Doctors? I hope it's all good for you to start IUI #1.

Cherry, Not long to go now, I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Donna17, Thanks for updating me on the list your are a clever girl, I dont know how you keep up with all of us. My answer to your question is I'm one of those who looks for any niggle or sign but the problem is I think all of the signs are in my head and I just imaging them because I want to be pregnant so bad. Well not long to go now for you either so lets hope you get a BFP.

Stilltrying, Sorry about your BFN. Keep your chin up!

Well girls I'm off to Port Macquarie tomorrow for the weekend so I hope you all have a great long weekend and I'll be back Tuesday morning to hear about all of the BFP's. I will still be around all day though and will check in every couple of hours, but until then I'm thinking of you all and good luck to everyone in the 2WW I know it really sucks.

Chook3 (Jodie)

#74 Darkchylde

Posted 09 June 2005 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for that Donna..heres hoping.

I'm like Roz..I like to think positive but I worry a bit.  I think what I find most annoying to me is that I'm not in control, I can't make it or will it to happen and the waiting drives me nuts. But I do like to stay positive about things and maybe by the grace of God they will happen.

Doesn't make much sense does it?  But as I say keep ya chin up.

Kat
Me 30 DH 35
2x DD
MF
TTC 3yrs
IUI#1

#75 *Donna*

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:06 PM

Roz, well that just sucks big time.  Big hugs to you ok sweetie.  How long do you have to take off, a regular cycle ???    The witch turned up early too, horrible horrible thing she is.  Did you have mid luteal blood tests ???

Jodie, it is quite easy to keep up with everyone actually.  I do the list as a completely separate thing to my post so I just open the word doc I keep it stored in, go back to the last time I posted it and re-read all the posts looking for procedure changes etc.  It only takes a few minutes if you do it every few days.  Plus, I am anal about lists !!!  I have them all over my house !!!

Kat, hang in there.  I am home now for the rest of the day and already getting fidgety.  This last week always seems to drag so slowly.

Fiona, any word from you, hope everything is ok ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.