17 replies to this topic

#1 purpleduck

Posted 07 May 2020 - 10:58 AM

Anyone else having problems logging on?

Phone is fine but when I tried on desktop I’m getting
“There are errors in your form, please try again”

#2 too tired to care

Posted 07 May 2020 - 11:11 AM

Yes I have been having problems since last night from about 7:30. Also having trouble on phone but I just happened to have an old thread open so didn’t have to log on. When I tried logging on even in phone get same message as you did

Edited by too tired to care, 07 May 2020 - 11:12 AM.

#3 Sandra

Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:45 AM

Hi Ladies

I have logged this issue with the tech people.

#4 Meepy

Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:19 PM

I have been unable to access for two days.  I finally can get on via my phone but can't on any other device. Is there a work around for the problem?

#5 Mrs Zee

Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:08 PM

Will anyone ever actually fix the 403 errors Sandra? It's beyond a joke how hard it is to post and start new topics sometimes.

#6 chillipeppers

Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:10 PM

Yes has been happening to me as well on my phone. I use chrome browser if that helps.

#7 Sandra

Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:58 PM

With regards to logging on issues try the following as I experimented and this worked for me:

Can I get you to go to the following page and log in using the Log On button on the top right hand side, I did this using a tab on the same safari page EB was on:

https://www.smh.com.au/

Just use the EB log on your used earlier that got you in to  EB.

Once logged in via there. try refreshing the  EB tab and hopefully you will find yourself logged in.   This worked for me on iPad as I was having similar issues to you.

Cross fingers it works!

Some of the 403 errors should be fixed  ( the quoting one especially)  We are also close to updating forum software, just working on  few things and waiting for them to give go ahead which should fix the rest of the issues we are experiencing.

Kind regards

#8 purpleduck

Posted 09 May 2020 - 04:39 PM

I tried logging into SMH but wasn’t able to translate that to EB access. Still getting the same error message

#9 José

Posted 09 May 2020 - 05:02 PM

View Postpurpleduck, on 07 May 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

Anyone else having problems logging on?

Phone is fine but when I tried on desktop I’m getting
“There are errors in your form, please try again”

I'm permanently logged in on my phone

When I try to log on on iPad I get the error message.

#10 Gabbitz

Posted 09 May 2020 - 06:37 PM

I had the issue last night too.  I logged into smh as suggested and then had a look at ‘My account’. I had to log into that as well. Once I’d done that double log in, I could get into EB. Don’t know why.

#11 Gumbette

Posted 09 May 2020 - 07:56 PM

I'm getting the message "There are errors in your form, please try again" on my iphone but not on my ipad or desk top.  It's been the same for 2 days now.  Really frustrating!

Edited by Gumbette, 09 May 2020 - 07:56 PM.

#12 purpleduck

Posted 09 May 2020 - 08:51 PM

View PostGabbitz, on 09 May 2020 - 06:37 PM, said:

I had the issue last night too.  I logged into smh as suggested and then had a look at ‘My account’. I had to log into that as well. Once I’d done that double log in, I could get into EB. Don’t know why.

I’ll try this. I didn’t do the double log in.

#13 Meepy

Posted 09 May 2020 - 08:59 PM

Thanks for posting Gabbitz.  That is the only way I can get in.  Very convoluted method which needs to be fixed at some stage.

#14 Gabbitz

Posted 09 May 2020 - 09:11 PM

Initially it was suggested to just log into smh - which didn’t work. It wasn’t until it was suggested to check out my profile (my account settings) where I had to log in a second time that it worked. Very convoluted, but I was told it’s been passed into the support people. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Don’t know why I was booted off in the first place. I often have a thread I leave open and always logged in on my same device. Last night I was actually booted off, I wasn’t even trying to log in on a new device.

Anyway, I hope the double log in works for other people too. (Even if it s annoying!)

#15 purpleduck

Posted 09 May 2020 - 09:33 PM

Ok, have done the double log in on firefox and managed to get onto EB, but looks like if I quit the application then I have to redo the entire thing to get back on to EB, eg instead of remaining logged in I have to go via SMH x2 again.

#16 Sandra

Posted 10 May 2020 - 09:28 AM

Sorry ladies, yes you will need the extra view profile step, which is part of what I initially did as well, but forgot to add!

#17 born.a.girl

Posted 10 May 2020 - 09:51 AM

View PostMrs Zee, on 08 May 2020 - 07:08 PM, said:

Will anyone ever actually fix the 403 errors Sandra? It's beyond a joke how hard it is to post and start new topics sometimes.

Happens to me nearly every time I respond to a PM.

I've had more success chopping any response into small paragraphs, but it's ridiculous.

#18 Ernegirl

Posted 10 May 2020 - 11:06 AM

Snap, just went through 2 days of simultaneous lockdown and lockout lol

I had to do the double sign in described above but then had to close smh tab and rather than clicking on EB in my favourites (still wasn't showing me signed in), I had to search for EB on Google and when I clicked on the link, I was suddenly back into EB.

I just posted all that tedious explanation in case there's another IT illiterate out there like me, trying to resolve this :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.