TTC April 2020

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 henryk

Posted 04 April 2020 - 12:21 PM

Time for a new thread? I missed March following a strange, long cycle in Feb where I had all the symptoms of being pg but turned out not to have even ovulated yet - totally messed with my head!

Currently 7DPO and feeling a few symptoms but very nervous about letting myself believe they mean anything.

How is everyone else travelling? Baby dust to all!

#2 tinkerbell86

Posted 04 April 2020 - 01:33 PM

Good luck Henryk wishing you lots of luck for a BFP 🤞🏻 So frustrating about your long cycle too, hope the wait was worth it.

I’m on CD1 with AF arriving this morning. I’m having a day to dwell on it, eat bad food, do some baking with my kids (and eating) and then back into another month of trying.

This will be cycle #5 for me trying for bub #3.

#3 Sarah_434

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:52 PM

Sorry to hear about AF tinkerbell86 and good luck henryk

I’m about 13dpo, BFNs last couple of days. AF should arrive tomorrow, but not sure about O this cycle so could still be a couple more days.

#4 henryk

Posted 07 April 2020 - 12:16 PM

Good luck for this cycle tinkerbell86, hopefully this is the one!

Sorry about the BFN Sarah_434, perhaps still time though if you're not 100% about O date?

I had a BFN today at 10DPO so fairly sure I'm out as I had a really clear one by now with my first pregnancy. Just waiting for AF now - TTC is such a frustratingly drawn out process, I don't have the patience for it at all!

Edited by henryk, 07 April 2020 - 12:16 PM.

#5 Inda

Posted 07 April 2020 - 02:14 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm back this month, expecting AF Friday/Saturday. We are month 11 trying for #2.
Have enjoyed a relaxed March cycle, we chose to NPNT because of a Christmas week due date. Hopeful that gives us a bit of a freshen up. Ready to get right back into it this month after feeling rather deflated and frustrated with the whole process for a few months.

Good luck to everyone for this month.

#6 ~*~blizzy~*~

Posted 07 April 2020 - 05:52 PM

I’m back in too.
No idea where I currently am? CD28 after d&c last month.

I’m desperate to fall pregnant again. My guns called me yesterday to discuss as he got the results from hospital. Awaiting the rest of the results from the d&c to give us some
Information why

#7 Sarah_434

Posted 07 April 2020 - 06:26 PM

AF started this morning, pretty disappointed and a bit concerned as would have O’d pretty early, my cycle was only 23 days. Starting cycle 6 now

#8 tinkerbell86

Posted 07 April 2020 - 08:52 PM

View Post*~*emma*~*, on 07 April 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

I’m back in too.
No idea where I currently am? CD28 after d&c last month.

I’m desperate to fall pregnant again. My guns called me yesterday to discuss as he got the results from hospital. Awaiting the rest of the results from the d&c to give us some
Information why

Sorry to hear that emma, I can’t imagine how hard that would be.
Good luck for this month

#9 Hoppy123

Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:11 PM

Hi all,

I'm also feeling so impatient with ttc. CD46 for me, 3rd cycle trying for #2 so month 6ish. Im pretty sure AF will start tomorrow but was expecting it 2 days so I have a small glimmer of hope but not much.
Really not looking forward to the fact I have to wait until mid may for another shot at this.
At least my cycles have become regular since DD, they're just so long!

#10 Zeetle

Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:31 PM

Hello!
I'm a newbie EB (I was on a TTC and Preg group in EB with my first but that was 8 years ago - I'm gonna call myself a newbie, lol). I'm 31 and DH is 39.

DH and I have been TTC no. #4 since October last year - no luck so far :( I have 8yr, 7yr and 4yr - all conceived with no dramas. I had a cyst rupture almost a year ago that caused internal bleeding and required emergency surgery, but I was assured there was no damage to ovaries or tubes...I don't have any pre-existing issues (no PCOS or endo or anything like that) so it was just a freak occurrence.

I usually have a very regular cycle - 28 days no dramas, however last two cycles have been 25 days. This cycle I am unsure when I O'd, but think it was late. I'm currently on CD 27, no AF however have been having twinges, cramps, fatigue and had breakouts about 5 days ago - all indications that it may be on its way :( I've been testing each morning with FMU and all BFN's blergh. I hope I'm not out this month, and I guess I'm not until AF arrives, but it'd be great if she stayed away! Plan on testing until AF arrives or I get a BFP. Fx'd for all of us this month. Sorry to hear that AF has arrived Sarah_434. Hoping this cycle is the one!

Edited to add: On CD21, I had bright red blood when I went to bathroom - just once though (and never made it to my knickers). Have NO idea what it was and it has never happened to me before!? So weird!

Edited by Zeetle, 08 April 2020 - 12:38 PM.

#11 tinkerbell86

Posted 08 April 2020 - 10:28 PM

Hey Zeetle, welcome! I’ve been having some shorter cycles too after always having 28 day cycles, it’s weird hey!

How long did it take to conceive your other children?

My first took 5 cycles and my second was 1st cycle (couldn’t believe it actually!). I’m a bit anxious that this is now my 5th cycle and if I don’t fall pregnant it will be my longest TTC. I really just hate the not knowing if/when it will happen!

Will this be your last baby?

#12 Zeetle

Posted 09 April 2020 - 09:26 AM

View Posttinkerbell86, on 08 April 2020 - 10:28 PM, said:

Hey Zeetle, welcome! I’ve been having some shorter cycles too after always having 28 day cycles, it’s weird hey!

How long did it take to conceive your other children?

My first took 5 cycles and my second was 1st cycle (couldn’t believe it actually!). I’m a bit anxious that this is now my 5th cycle and if I don’t fall pregnant it will be my longest TTC. I really just hate the not knowing if/when it will happen!

Will this be your last baby?

It's bizarre! I wonder if it's some kind of subconscious stress causing weird cycles from the bloody bushfires and COVID-19 or something..I have no other explanation. eh!?

My first was conceived on 1st cycle, second on the third cycle and third was a surprise ;) But I'm going to say 1st cycle as I had just stopped the pill! I have no idea what's going on :( This is definitely my longest TTC for sure.

I think this will be our last (I'm kinda hoping, lol). My DH has always been keen for "4-5" haha. And given he's a SAHD, I feel positive about it! Lol!

Tested with a first response early one and still BFN. No AF now and I'm on CD28...I think I'm out, surely.

Anybody else testing yet?

#13 slc3136

Posted 09 April 2020 - 12:49 PM

I tested today as I’m 2 days late for AF.
It was negative. :-(

#14 Hoppy123

Posted 09 April 2020 - 01:03 PM

AF arrived yesterday. Here we go again.

#15 Zeetle

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:05 PM

Hoppy123, on 09 April 2020 - 01:03 PM, said:

AF arrived yesterday. Here we go again.

I'm sorry to hear Hoppy :( It's so heartbreaking hey. I really hope this next cycle is the one for you. :BFP:

#16 Zeetle

Posted 09 April 2020 - 04:07 PM

Stak123, on 09 April 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

I tested today as I’m 2 days late for AF.
It was negative. :-(

Hey Stak123 - I feel like we're in a similar boat. AF should have been here and BFN for me too. Argh. In one way I just wish it would show up as I could get onto the next cycle. The wait is evil. hugs and fingers crossed it was just a late egg. :pray:

#17 slc3136

Posted 09 April 2020 - 08:47 PM

Zeetle, on 09 April 2020 - 04:07 PM, said:

Hey Stak123 - I feel like we're in a similar boat. AF should have been here and BFN for me too. Argh. In one way I just wish it would show up as I could get onto the next cycle. The wait is evil. hugs and fingers crossed it was just a late egg. :pray:

I agree - wish it would just show up now! So I can start trying to figure out my next ovulation date

Good luck Zeetle x

Edited by Stak123, 09 April 2020 - 08:47 PM.

#18 Zeetle

Posted 10 April 2020 - 11:29 AM

AF is here in full force...

CD1 for me :(

:BFN:

Anybody else still in the running? Fingers crossed for you!

#19 ~*~blizzy~*~

Posted 10 April 2020 - 02:27 PM

No AF for me. Lots of cramping today. I think I’m CD31

#20 tinkerbell86

Posted 10 April 2020 - 07:55 PM

Oh no, not a good day for this group! So sorry stak, hoppy and zeetle :( hope you can at least indulge in some rest and maybe a chocolate egg or two this weekend.
I’m on CD7. I don’t think my eBay cheapie ovulation sticks are going to make it in time.. fingers crossed they arrive on Tuesday so I can start testing for O.
Hoping for the best for you emma, is that late for you?

#21 ~*~blizzy~*~

Posted 10 April 2020 - 08:12 PM

Who bloody knows. Since the mirena came out I had a 28 day then a 50 then fell pregnant after ovulation I’m cd18. So I’m guessing it’s pretty standard?

#22 Sarah_434

Posted 10 April 2020 - 11:19 PM

Sorry to hear about all the AF, good luck everyone for the next cycle. I’m CD5

#23 slc3136

Posted 13 April 2020 - 08:22 AM

AF still hasn’t shown up for me. I tested again last night and got a BFP. Not sure if I believe it yet though. Will retest again today with a different brand m. Nervous!

#24 ~*~blizzy~*~

Posted 13 April 2020 - 01:49 PM

How exciting Stak

I still have no period and no sign of it. I’m feeling nauseous and have heartburn from hell. Tested this arvo and BFN

Edited by *~*emma*~*, 13 April 2020 - 01:49 PM.

#25 Sarah_434

Posted 13 April 2020 - 08:44 PM

Congrats stak123

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.