Entitled Melbourne Couple Covid 19

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Belladorn

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:14 AM

Cannot believe the entitlement of that couple from Melbourne's Mornington Peninsula, who allegedly came back from Aspen and just continued on business as usual, infecting people as they went.

You are a disgrace and you deserve to be named and shamed. I hope no one dies due to your scant disregard for human life. It's people like you who have made authorities take the measures they have which has led to job losses. You are scum. Stay at home you selfish cretins.

Edited by Belladorn, 28 March 2020 - 06:18 AM.

#2 Romeo Void

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:19 AM

I agree

#3 Hollycoddle

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:35 AM

Little sympathy also for the couple with 2 young kids stranded after attending a wedding in Peru.  They left on 14 March, well after the travel warnings had started.

Edited by Hollycoddle, 27 March 2020 - 07:36 AM.

#4 Freddie'sMum

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:37 AM

Oh - don't you know OP?  Rich people don't get sick !  Heavens above !  You must know that.

And even IF they do get sick, they certainly won't be going to a public hospital to see a doctor.

(sarcasm)

#5 can'tstayaway

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:41 AM

I read an article (US paper) where they refused to be tested in Aspen so it wouldn’t cut short their Ski holiday.  They refused to follow isolation protocols and were nearly arrested over there.

We are the responsible ones in this; people have nothing better to do than be nasty. If we lived in Box Hill and I’d been to Bali, no one would care, would they?’

They should be put on Christmas Island for quarantine. So should the potential cause of the Qld cluster who also returned from Aspen just prior to attending a big party.

All incoming people should be quarantined in a government facility (and charged for it). These are just two examples. There would be thousands of returning citizens right now who are being trusted to self quarantine with no follow ups.

#6 *Marty*

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM

do you have a link?  Are they Americans or Australians?  Do/did they have the virus?

Its very upsetting that people have such disregard for fellow humans :(

#7 DirtyStreetPie

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:52 AM

can, on 27 March 2020 - 07:41 AM, said:

I read an article (US paper) where they refused to be tested in Aspen so it wouldn’t cut short their Ski holiday.  They refused to follow isolation protocols and were nearly arrested over there.

Was it the same couple? That would be outrageous!

#8 JRA

Posted 27 March 2020 - 07:59 AM

https://www.theage.c...325-p54du5.html

#9 born.a.girl

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:02 AM

can, on 27 March 2020 - 07:41 AM, said:

They should be put on Christmas Island for quarantine. So should the potential cause of the Qld cluster who also returned from Aspen just prior to attending a big party.

All incoming people should be quarantined in a government facility (and charged for it). These are just two examples. There would be thousands of returning citizens right now who are being trusted to self quarantine with no follow ups.

It's more than thousands, there are three thousand alone, on ships stuck somewhere in the oceans.

#10 born.a.girl

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:04 AM

If cases can be traced to this couple, and they die they should be charged with manslaughter.  Not sure they can, but that's the end result of their behaviour.

They have been named in a Mad ****ing Witches facebook post, amongst other names.

And now they're indignant.

#11 Silverstreak

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:31 AM

Lives of the rich and shameless indeed!

#12 cstar

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:43 AM

It’s disgusting, but we need to remember that it won’t just be the rich, they are the story that will sell, it concerns me greatly how many people who should be staying home probably aren’t.

That’s why I am staying the **** home!!!

#13 No Drama Please

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:49 AM

I wonder if there are any law changes to allow criminal charges to be laid against people who refuse to comply with quarantine and testing regardless of exposure to the virus? $1000 spot fine won’t make any difference to people like that but having a criminal record would.

#14 cstar

Posted 27 March 2020 - 08:51 AM

No Drama Please, on 27 March 2020 - 08:49 AM, said:

I wonder if there are any law changes to allow criminal charges to be laid against people who refuse to comply with quarantine and testing regardless of exposure to the virus? $1000 spot fine won’t make any difference to people like that but having a criminal record would.

we are too soft in this country! I know in Greece if they get caught outside without prior approval it’s a 150euro on the spot fine.

#15 MrsLexiK

Posted 27 March 2020 - 09:37 AM

There are some horrible rumours going around down here that they got clearance and arrived before the self isolation rule and received 2 negative tests (one in the USA and one in aus) and that the one person who made the complaints has it in for this couple.

What is just as concerning is the amount of people who have flocked down here from melb today. The beach car parks the all the way down are full. Restaurants and cafes still have tables set up for people to sit!

#16 born.a.girl

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:24 AM

MrsLexiK, on 27 March 2020 - 09:37 AM, said:

There are some horrible rumours going around down here that they got clearance and arrived before the self isolation rule and received 2 negative tests (one in the USA and one in aus) and that the one person who made the complaints has it in for this couple.

What is just as concerning is the amount of people who have flocked down here from melb today. The beach car parks the all the way down are full. Restaurants and cafes still have tables set up for people to sit!

I'd be reporting the restaurants and cafes.  I think there's now a hotline, but can't remember where I saw it.

The complaints about the couple are 1) that they ignored common sense, and didn't self isolate because they didn't have to, were home 1.5 days before the deadline. That's just stupid and selfish.

And 2), they eventually tested positive and THEN went shopping and to the golf course.  That's what the newspaper report says, anyway.

My neighbour came back from New York on Sunday 14th, and with all of the advice and knowledge that so many of our cases were coming from the USA, decided many days before she got back, that she would be self-isolating, and still is.

So there would have been plenty information around for them to decide what the right thing was to do in the first place.  I could understand a desperate trip to the supermarket by one of them, I cannot comprehend going to a crowded 21st.

If there's evidence they went out after testing positive hopefully they'll be fined.

#17 born.a.girl

Posted 27 March 2020 - 10:25 AM

cstar, on 27 March 2020 - 08:51 AM, said:

we are too soft in this country! I know in Greece if they get caught outside without prior approval it’s a 150euro on the spot fine.

First fines have been issued in NSW:

https://www.smh.com....326-p54ed6.html

I don't believe the woman should have been given a warning, though. We don't have the luxury of people doing it twice before they're fined.

#18 Belladorn

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:02 AM

Even if they came back a few days prior to the ban, use your common sense. I assume they are well educated individuals who have not been living under a rock.

Don't roam about business as usual after coming back from the USA or anywhere else overseas  for that matter. Don't wait for the government to make decisions for you.  Stay home! That goes for anyone rich or poor.

#19 steppy

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:18 AM

I'm also hearing lots of stories of kids roaming around.

#20 CrankyM

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:25 AM

steppy, on 27 March 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

I'm also hearing lots of stories of kids roaming around.

People in my town thankfully seem to be mostly sensible. I don't think I've see a kid bar my own at all the last 3 days. And I've been to the supermarket and the post office (and work), but nothing else.

#21 BadCat

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:26 AM

Edited by BadCat, 11 May 2020 - 09:19 PM.

#22 born.a.girl

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:40 AM

I drove past a skate park yesterday and there were plenty of teenagers there.

I don't go past it all that often so don't know if it's more or less than usual.

#23 Jingleflea

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:56 AM

I've seen quite a few kids roaming around this week.

#24 Lucrezia Bauble

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:02 PM

i guess it’s hard to know what’s acceptable “roaming” and what’s not...clearly congregating en masse at a skate park or playground is not ideal. our house is on Sydney’s bay run....so we’ve been doing that with our kids every day this week as a means of getting fresh air and exercise - many other families have the same idea...many walking dogs as well. no one talking or touching....i think exercise is still allowed. likewise going out for supplies....yes, i’m seeing kids with a parent in the shops - again maybe killing two birds with the one stone..getting exercise and supplies - both still allowed. no one is congregating as such.

#25 lucky 2

Posted 27 March 2020 - 12:11 PM

I don't think I can cope walking at our neighbourhood athletics track any more, it's at the end of my street.

Too many sweaty dudes sprinting past me, too close when they had a choice of 5 other lanes.
One swore at me last night because I reacted and asked him to keep away.
Another one spat on the track which nearly pushed me over the edge.
Then to see a young girl cartwheeling on the track.

I think I'll have to walk the streets at night.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.