Beginning of my life of crime...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 gracie1978

Posted 25 February 2020 - 09:53 PM

Today was my first time out on my own today with the twins, even managed a successful Aldi shop!

Then... When I got home I realised I'd accidentally shoplifted a little impulse purchase, two tiny desserts in glass.

Ugggh, I'll pay for them when I next go in.  So close to nailing twin parenting ;)

#2 Dianalynch

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:02 PM

Stolen delicacies, so much more delicious than the bought n paid for legal kind.

#3 MadMarchMasterchef

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:03 PM

Haha you wouldn't be the first mum to do something crazy in your sleep deprived state.  Ive done some shockers, like left the house unlocked.

Glad it otherwise went well.

#4 Murderino

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:05 PM

My mum’s youngest was 15 when she started hers!

We used to have Kmart and Coles in one shop. We started in Kmart and she grabbed new dog leads and put them on the child seat of the trolley. As we moved on into getting groceries she put her handbag on them (where she usually put it).

Unpacking at the car she realised and took them back in to pay!

#5 EsmeLennox

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:08 PM

Don’t sweat it, I accidentally stole an eggplant the other day. I wish it had been desserts.

#6 kadoodle

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:10 PM

I made it halfway home before I realised that the toddler in her stroller was unusually quiet. It turned out she had grabbed a chocolate frog at the checkout without me noticing and was happily chewing it through the wrapper. I was buggered if I was going to walk the 2km back to Springvale Safeway to pay for a 50c frog, though, so this began my life of crime.

#7 Jamelex

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:12 PM

I remember grabbing a choc once and put it near my bag as I planned to eat it after going through the checkout. Paid, then realised not for the choc as it slipped in the side of my bag. Luckily I was still just outside coles and went back to pay for that too.

#8 MooGuru

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:12 PM

I'm sure I've told this here before but I had a very,  very embarrassed father come back into the store I worked at pushing his toddler in a pram.

The kid had smuggled multiple copies of Good Parenting magazine into the pram without him realising.

He was mortified. We were in stitches. Of all the things for a kid to steal....

#9 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:15 PM

Been there, done that.

I got out to the car to load up and look in the pram and we had several items that I hadn’t paid for but what got me was the checkout person had a chat about what my kid was wearing, so she looked in the pram and had to see that stuff but said nothing. I figured they couldn’t be too worried and didn’t go back.

So hey at least you plan to pay :lol:

#10 Lime-Polka-Dot

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:23 PM

View PostBacktoschoolchef, on 25 February 2020 - 10:03 PM, said:

Haha you wouldn't be the first mum to do something crazy in your sleep deprived state.  Ive done some shockers, like left the house unlocked.

Glad it otherwise went well.

When DD was a baby I put her and everything into the car and happened to look down as I started the car and only then realised I was not wearing any shoes.

I once put something on top of the pram hood at big W, then later folded it back and didn't realise the item was there until after I'd left the shop.

#11 (feral)epg

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:44 PM

I found a stowaway cucumber under my shopping bags last week.

I didn't go back to pay for it.

I'm going to burn in hell.

(I didn't even have any children with me, just too many shopping bags)

Edited by (feral)epg, 25 February 2020 - 10:45 PM.

#12 CallMeFeral

Posted 25 February 2020 - 10:48 PM

View PostMooGuru, on 25 February 2020 - 10:12 PM, said:

I'm sure I've told this here before but I had a very,  very embarrassed father come back into the store I worked at pushing his toddler in a pram.

The kid had smuggled multiple copies of Good Parenting magazine into the pram without him realising.

He was mortified. We were in stitches. Of all the things for a kid to steal....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That kid has nailed irony really early. Or passive aggression, I'm not sure...

#13 Ellie bean

Posted 25 February 2020 - 11:27 PM

I accidentally failed to pay for something at Kmart once, I realised when I was emptying the trolley after wrangling 2 screaming babies into the car. I was at the end of my tether and just didn’t have it in me to unload 2 babies and go back in, it was a cheap item and I was spending a fortune at Kmart at the time so yeah I did keep it (cheap item) so you e done better than me Gracie!

#14 BECZ

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:00 AM

View PostLime-Polka-Dot, on 25 February 2020 - 10:23 PM, said:

I once put something on top of the pram hood at big W, then later folded it back and didn't realise the item was there until after I'd left the shop.

I did this once with a Thermos.  One of my kids pushed the hood back and I then dumped a woollen doona on top of the hood as I was buying two doonas and my two older kids were too small to help me carry them while I pushed the pram. DF was involved in a car accident on his way to pick us up and I didn’t notice the Thermos until I packed the stuff in the car over an hour later and Myer were closed by then.  
I didn’t sleep well that night, so went back and fixed things up the next day.  Damn you consience!

#15 Fizgig

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:03 AM

When DD1 was a baby I was unloading the trolley into the car and discovered an unpaid item. Shopping was such a hard task that I didn’t have it in me to go back into the shop to pay for an item worth less than two dollars.

Just last week I bought a toy from target. It scanned up at a price significantly less than the shelf price. I did not raise the issue and am seriously considering going back for a couple more.

#16 BECZ

Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:11 AM

View PostFizgig, on 26 February 2020 - 01:03 AM, said:

Just last week I bought a toy from target. It scanned up at a price significantly less than the shelf price. I did not raise the issue and am seriously considering going back for a couple more.

That’s ok.  It’s either they didn’t change the ticket to the reduced price or it was their stuff up!

#17 Caribou

Posted 26 February 2020 - 04:24 AM

I went shopping with DD once. I hadn’t planned to buy anything. It was more a pasting of time thing. I walked out of a shop got about five mins away from the shop before realising I’d just walked out with a backpack I’d completely forgotten to pay for. Walked straight back in and went to self serve and paid for it (though I didn’t actually want it). I was just mortified I got out of a store without paying for what I’d consider a decent sized item. It wasn’t hidden either.

#18 Ozquoll

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:42 AM

My grocery crime story is embarrassingly bourgeois - I forgot to tell the checkout guy the spinach leaves were the expensive organic ones, not the regular sort, so he put them through at the lower price 🤭. Perhaps next time I shall do something *really* naughty like taking the stems off the truss tomatoes and trying to pass them off as cheaper field tomatoes 😜😅😅

#19 spr_maiden

Posted 26 February 2020 - 06:52 AM

The worst one I've done was only a couple of years ago so can't even blame babies making me sleep deprived.
I 100% forgot to pay for petrol. Just drove off like nothing was amiss. I realised about an hour later,  and panicked. Called the petrol station "I'm so sorry,  I don't know what happened,  I'm coming back now!!"
Luckily,  I realised when I did because the station has a policy of reporting to police every 2 hours all the fuel thefts. They happen all day long!
The attendant was really nice about it, I was deeply embarrassed. I would have peed my pants if an officer knocked on my door to collect lol.

#20 MadMarchMasterchef

Posted 26 February 2020 - 07:56 AM

View PostEsmeLennox, on 25 February 2020 - 10:08 PM, said:

Don’t sweat it, I accidentally stole an eggplant the other day. I wish it had been desserts.
:rofl:

View PostOzquoll, on 26 February 2020 - 06:42 AM, said:

My grocery crime story is embarrassingly bourgeois - I forgot to tell the checkout guy the spinach leaves were the expensive organic ones, not the regular sort, so he put them through at the lower price . Perhaps next time I shall do something *really* naughty like taking the stems off the truss tomatoes and trying to pass them off as cheaper field tomatoes

Oddly enough truss tomatoes are cheaper here??

#21 Ozquoll

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:24 AM

^^^
Very odd - they are a couple of dollars a kilo dearer here!

#22 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:26 AM

View PostBacktoschoolchef, on 26 February 2020 - 07:56 AM, said:

:rofl:

Oddly enough truss tomatoes are cheaper here??

Same here.

They are the ones often on sale too.

#23 seayork2002

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:35 AM

I accidently (a genuine accident) walked out with a bath mat as I hung it off my arm and forgot at the checkouts. I saw it as I was leaving so easy to sort

I could not think of anything more boring to pinch!

#24 Romeo Void

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:37 AM

View Postspr_maiden, on 26 February 2020 - 06:52 AM, said:

The worst one I've done was only a couple of years ago so can't even blame babies making me sleep deprived.
I 100% forgot to pay for petrol. Just drove off like nothing was amiss. I realised about an hour later,  and panicked. Called the petrol station "I'm so sorry,  I don't know what happened,  I'm coming back now!!"
Luckily,  I realised when I did because the station has a policy of reporting to police every 2 hours all the fuel thefts. They happen all day long!
The attendant was really nice about it, I was deeply embarrassed. I would have peed my pants if an officer knocked on my door to collect lol.
The police just send you a text message.  Ask me how I know LOL...

Edited by Romeo Void, 26 February 2020 - 08:37 AM.

#25 seayork2002

Posted 26 February 2020 - 08:55 AM

Not exactly related but I go to 2 cafes regularly one where you pay and order and one where you order than pay at the end

Then we go to random cafes

I feel like warning them at the beginning if we walk off with not paying we will remember and come back it is not intentional!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.