TTC February 2020

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Inda

Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:59 AM

Time for a Feb thread.

Hi all,
Currently cd2 after I was quite confident last month and now very deflated once again. Cycle 10 for us trying for #2. Our DD is 21 months. I had a missed miscarriage in September that resulted in a D&C, then a very early loss in January (positive test then AF arrived 4 days later).

Good luck for all this month.

#2 ThePlacebo

Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:04 AM

Hi Inda, thanks for making a February thread!

Sorry to hear about your losses. Did your DD take long to conceive? Hopefully February is a lucky month for all of us!

I might be 4DPO but not sure as I’m still breastfeeding my 6 month old DD and AF hasn’t returned yet.

I really want to get pregnant in the next few months, otherwise we’ll probably take a break for three or four months as I don’t want to be heavily pregnant over summer (northern Vic here so lots of 40+ degrees days).

Edited by ThePlacebo, 10 February 2020 - 11:05 AM.

#3 baba2021

Posted 10 February 2020 - 01:08 PM

Hi Inda and The Placebo

@Inda - Sorry for your losses :( I'm in a similar boat. TTC #2 also and also cd2 after I think was a chemical pregnancy. I got a positive last week then started spotting a few days later but not before I was already excited :(

Good luck to both of you this month. I found this forum so helpful when I conceived my first child. She's 3.5 and I'm now in my mid-late 30's so getting a little nervy that I've left it too long.

#4 Mingles

Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:21 PM

Hi everyone! Bloody chemical pregnancies I had one a few weeks ago too. I'm CD10,and not sure when I'm due to O due to irregular cycles but am hoping I get some obvious signs. Just planning on BD every second day.
Trying for #2 also, DD is almost 2 :)

#5 Inda

Posted 10 February 2020 - 04:41 PM

ThePlacebo - yes it took us 9 month to get our DD.
Sorry to hear of your loses baba and Mingles.

My cycle is generally 32 days, so a bit longer. I don't use OPK - didn't have much luck with them when trying for DD and they just stressed me out more! So I just track my cycle, CM and aim to DTD every second day also.

Is there anything you ladies do specially to try 'help' concieve?

#6 tinkerbell86

Posted 10 February 2020 - 07:09 PM

Oops I didn’t realise we could just start the new thread, I’ve been lurking for a Feb thread 🤪

I’m CD4, TTC #3 for us, this is our third cycle trying. We will be taking a break soon as well The Placebo - but for us it’s becAuse my DS will start school next year and I don’t want to be due/have a newborn in January or February. So I’m also really hopeful that we will be having a baby this year.

Sorry to hear of the losses ladies, wishing you all lots of luck for February

#7 eigne

Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:10 PM

I’m on CD24 / 5 DPO. I think I’ll start using my cheapie pregnancy tests from tomorrow to try to stop me from using the expensive ones until I’m supposed to!

I was feeling really positive until today - sore nipples and cramps have pretty much gone and cervix seems pretty firm.

#8 ThePlacebo

Posted 11 February 2020 - 09:14 AM

View Postbaba2021, on 10 February 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

Good luck to both of you this month. I found this forum so helpful when I conceived my first child. She's 3.5 and I'm now in my mid-late 30's so getting a little nervy that I've left it too long.

Mid-late 30s is definitely not too old! So long as you’re cycling and you feel fit and healthy enough, there’s no reason why that age should make you nervous. It might take an extra month or two, but plenty of women have babies well into their 40s :)

View PostInda, on 10 February 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

ThePlacebo - yes it took us 9 month to get our DD.
Sorry to hear of your loses baba and Mingles.

My cycle is generally 32 days, so a bit longer. I don't use OPK - didn't have much luck with them when trying for DD and they just stressed me out more! So I just track my cycle, CM and aim to DTD every second day also.

Is there anything you ladies do specially to try 'help' concieve?

I think 9 months is not too long (though I know it feels like forever - took us around 12 months to conceive our DD), in terms of averages.

I don’t have any tips for “helping” conception, though last time I conceived I was taking cough medicine (for an actual cough) and I’ve read that that can help! Are you taking prenatal vitamins?

View Posttinkerbell86, on 10 February 2020 - 07:09 PM, said:

I’m CD4, TTC #3 for us, this is our third cycle trying. We will be taking a break soon as well The Placebo - but for us it’s becAuse my DS will start school next year and I don’t want to be due/have a newborn in January or February. So I’m also really hopeful that we will be having a baby this year.

Fingers crossed we both are pregnant ASAP so we don’t have to take a break :)

View Posteigne, on 10 February 2020 - 10:10 PM, said:

I’m on CD24 / 5 DPO. I think I’ll start using my cheapie pregnancy tests from tomorrow to try to stop me from using the expensive ones until I’m supposed to!

I was feeling really positive until today - sore nipples and cramps have pretty much gone and cervix seems pretty firm.

We’re at a similar DPO. How sensitive are the internet cheapies? I got my first ever (and only) BFP at around 12DPO and it was a squinter, so I can’t imagine testing before 10DPO. I’m dying to test already though haha!

#9 eigne

Posted 11 February 2020 - 10:47 AM

We’re at a similar DPO. How sensitive are the internet cheapies? I got my first ever (and only) BFP at around 12DPO and it was a squinter, so I can’t imagine testing before 10DPO. I’m dying to test already though haha!

They are less sensitive I believe, but it makes me feel better to test than try to hold out. I inevitably crumble too early and waste an expensive test!!

#10 Sweet.Pea

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:24 AM

I'm going to jump in here too.

TTC baby number 2. We were planning to try earlier, but this will be our first real month trying.

I'm currently on CD6, on a 30 day cycle.

#11 Inda

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:55 AM

ThePlacebo - I have been taking the Swisse prenatal this time around.
You are right, 9-10 months is not a 'long' time and I know that 12 months is normal but it feels like forever with no obvious reasons. As I am sure you know.

I will be skipping March if we don't fall this month, as I would be lining up for a Christmas baby. I am crossing my fingers we can still manage to have a 2020 bub.

#12 montycarlo

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:57 AM

Hi all,CD 16, 2dpo. 3rd unprotected cycle, but first month really 'trying'..

Last cycle I had a positive opk CD 17 and 18 but this cycle I got my first positive CD 13 and 14. O pain happened midnight CD 13. So much happier as I'm normally a 27 day girl and last months later ovulation meant I had a 32 day cycle.

Fingers crossed!

#13 Sarah_434

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:43 PM

Hey, just found the Feb thread

I’m approx DPO6, I did test this morning with IC because I can’t resist. Nothing today, they are meant to be sensitive early detection ones.

anyway see how the next few days go

#14 missroma

Posted 11 February 2020 - 06:43 PM

Hi everyone,

Super excited to FINALLY (seriously been waiting for years) be able to join now we've started trying! I'm CD11 and average a 29 day cycle. I was planning to start trying in Jan but had to wait to get an iron infusion. I really don't what to expect but hoping to be lucky and it not take too long. We've already BD a couple of times when I had what I think was fertile CM. Good luck to everyone for this cycle!

#15 eigne

Posted 11 February 2020 - 08:36 PM

View PostSarah_434, on 11 February 2020 - 05:43 PM, said:

Hey, just found the Feb thread

I’m approx DPO6, I did test this morning with IC because I can’t resist. Nothing today, they are meant to be sensitive early detection ones.

anyway see how the next few days go

Sounds like you’re at the same point in your cycle as ThePlacebo and I 🙂

#16 eigne

Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:43 AM

8DPO negative IC. I don’t have a strong feeling either way though. Continuing to keep my fingers crossed!

#17 ThePlacebo

Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:55 PM

Good luck to everyone who has just arrived :)

8DPO is very early eigne, fingers crossed for you.

I should be around 7DPO but I’m beginning to think I didn’t even ovulate and it was just wishful thinking. No idea. Still BDing just in case. Certainly don’t “feel” pregnant or like AF is about to arrive.

#18 Sarah_434

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:18 AM

Fingers crossed Eigne and Placebo

I’m away from home at the moment and made a promise to DH I wouldn’t test until I was back.

I’ll be about DPO10, I’ve  been getting headaches the last couple of days which is new and CM is a bit more than what I would usually expect at this point. All speculative of course, can’t wait to test tomorrow.

#19 Hoppy123

Posted 16 February 2020 - 09:06 PM

Hi all,

This is cycle 2 trying for #2. Currently 5DPO already tested with an internet cheapie despite it being way too early but you know what it's like.
Prior to conceiving DD I had extremely irregular cycles like anywhere fro 30 to 80 days. So it was quite surprising this time around that my second cycle since getting my AF back it seems to be exactly the same number of days as last time which was 45 with O cycle day 35, going by OPK's and CM.

Is it weird that I want to be pregnant but am also extremely stressed out about the idea of having two kids, feeling like its hard to deal with one atm :omg:

#20 Jezzi_Belle

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:50 AM

Hey, I'll join in xx Been ttc my third, partners first, since June. Got bfp in Dec, then MMC at 8 weeks (leading to a D&C a month ago).

Just got AF back, so fx we can start trying again. After my DD (my youngest) my cycles shifted from 28 days to irregular, but mostly around 23/24 days, ov usually around day 10/11. So today is day 6 which means if it's behaving, af should be about done and then back to BD.

I have had basically zero symptoms with every pregnancy until AFTER the bfp, so I've learned to quit symptom spotting. I just get so frustrated at the tww, by day 10 I'm done and want a magic light up window for the uterus and a ticker tape parade. Magic eight ball style "yes" or "no" maybe :'D At least we'd know, right?

Edited by Jezzi_Belle, 17 February 2020 - 01:51 AM.

#21 ThePlacebo

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:09 AM

View PostSarah_434, on 15 February 2020 - 08:18 AM, said:

Fingers crossed Eigne and Placebo

I’m away from home at the moment and made a promise to DH I wouldn’t test until I was back.

I’ll be about DPO10, I’ve  been getting headaches the last couple of days which is new and CM is a bit more than what I would usually expect at this point. All speculative of course, can’t wait to test tomorrow.

How’d your test go? BFN for me :(

#22 ThePlacebo

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:13 AM

View PostHoppy123, on 16 February 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

Hi all,

This is cycle 2 trying for #2. Currently 5DPO already tested with an internet cheapie despite it being way too early but you know what it's like.
Prior to conceiving DD I had extremely irregular cycles like anywhere fro 30 to 80 days. So it was quite surprising this time around that my second cycle since getting my AF back it seems to be exactly the same number of days as last time which was 45 with O cycle day 35, going by OPK's and CM.

Is it weird that I want to be pregnant but am also extremely stressed out about the idea of having two kids, feeling like its hard to deal with one atm :omg:

How old is your DD? I feel like life is already so hectic with one, can it possibly get MORE hectic? Hahah. Good luck!

View PostJezzi_Belle, on 17 February 2020 - 01:50 AM, said:

Hey, I'll join in xx Been ttc my third, partners first, since June. Got bfp in Dec, then MMC at 8 weeks (leading to a D&C a month ago).

Just got AF back, so fx we can start trying again. After my DD (my youngest) my cycles shifted from 28 days to irregular, but mostly around 23/24 days, ov usually around day 10/11. So today is day 6 which means if it's behaving, af should be about done and then back to BD.

I have had basically zero symptoms with every pregnancy until AFTER the bfp, so I've learned to quit symptom spotting. I just get so frustrated at the tww, by day 10 I'm done and want a magic light up window for the uterus and a ticker tape parade. Magic eight ball style "yes" or "no" maybe :'D At least we'd know, right?

The TWW is the worst!! The only symptom I had last time was sore boobs and that was about when AF was due - doesn’t stop me from symptom spotting though! Hehe! At least your cycle is short, I guess that means you get to try again quickly after a BFN?

#23 daisybelle22

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:33 AM

Hi ladies

I will jump in on this too - TTC #1. CD7 and this is 5th cycle properly trying. This morning was the first time taking an O test (it was neg) as I'm on clomid and not sure if I'm even O during the cycle which is 27-32 days. Will probably still DTD every second day this week even if no positive on the sticks. My next step is hormone injections which I'm wanting to avoid!

#24 Sarah_434

Posted 17 February 2020 - 08:40 AM

Welcome Hoppy123 and jezzi_belle, good luck for this month

Shame to hear Placebo, May still be too early though.

I tested this morning, I’m not sure if it’s a BFN, I wouldn’t say it’s a BFP though. I think I can see a super faint line, but it maybe wishful thinking. Only DPO12 but could be out by a day or so.

Wait and see what tomorrow brings

#25 Mingles

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:25 PM

View PostHoppy123, on 16 February 2020 - 09:06 PM, said:

Hi all,

Not weird, I feel exactly the same! How old is your DD? My DD is almost 2

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mingles

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.