Ready Set Go Girls #284

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#151 IamOzgirl

Posted 25 March 2020 - 08:27 PM

Hi everyone,

So my stupid body ovulated on its own and early! CD10!

Interestingly this happened on the cycle that Jack was transferred, so I'm now very hopeful for this one sticking!

Transfer is now scheduled for Monday next week.

#152 *Andi*

Posted 28 March 2020 - 02:41 PM

Best of luck for your transfer Ozgirl!

Hi everyone else, I hope the current situation hasn't affected your IVF plans. What an awful and uncertain time.

I was luckily able to go ahead with my EPU, we both had to have temperature checks when we got the the clinic though.

All went well, I had 16 eggs collected. Got the call today that 12 were able to be injected (we did IMSI this time) and 11 fertilised. The sperm they selected for the IMSI looked good under the strong magnification, as did my eggs.

Hoping very hard that we get something to test and transfer this cycle! I wasn't planning to transfer until June, so we'll reassess the situation a bit closer.

#153 IamOzgirl

Posted 30 March 2020 - 04:15 PM

My transfer didn't happen.

Sadly my Embie didn't survive thaw. :-(

But my clinic are happy to move to IUI.

They confirmed that until otherwise directed they will be doing IUI, FET, and tracking cycles.

#154 *Andi*

Posted 03 April 2020 - 08:03 AM

Hi everyone, little update from me.

I got the day 6 call yesterday. 4 embryos were able to be biopsied and frozen. Now the wait of up to 4 weeks for PGT results. I think it's done in the UK, but the embryologist said they haven't been getting delayed, FedEx has its own planes etc.

Probably doesn't really matter how long that takes, I wasn't going to transfer until June but now Victoria has stopped FET cycles starting. Until information that came out on Wednesday night, they were still able to start FETs and IUIs at their discretion. So now just waiting, waiting... I hope I have something to transfer when the time comes!

#155 IamOzgirl

Posted 03 April 2020 - 10:59 AM

Oh No Andi - that's disappointing.

When i was reading i was thinking that it might actually be quicker, because the lad's might not have much work at the moment.

Such a shame about VIC pausing FET and IUI.

I am hoping that doesn't happen to me.

I am moving to IUI for at least 3 cycles.

My clinic is actually under QLD ART guidelines. (they are in Canberra though) so i am actually juggling 3 states i realised.

#156 Pink opal

Posted 03 April 2020 - 01:18 PM

Iamozgirl, feel free to tel me to mind my own business but curious as to how that arrangement re 3 states came about? For some reason I thought you were Sydney based?

#157 *Andi*

Posted 03 April 2020 - 02:25 PM

View PostIamOzgirl, on 03 April 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

Oh No Andi - that's disappointing.

When i was reading i was thinking that it might actually be quicker, because the lad's might not have much work at the moment.

Who knows, last time I had it done a couple of months ago, I was told 3-4 weeks, but it took 15 days. I imagine there aren't many IVF cycles being done in Europe, but the lab might have gone down to skeleton staff.

That's not worrying me, I'm happy I've got 4 to test this time. Last two cycles were 1 and none.

Hopefully it doesn't happen at your clinic. I think the clinics here will be pushing to resume ASAP, if it's only a few months it won't throw my plans out too much.

#158 IamOzgirl

Posted 03 April 2020 - 07:14 PM

View PostPink opal, on 03 April 2020 - 01:18 PM, said:

Iamozgirl, feel free to tel me to mind my own business but curious as to how that arrangement re 3 states came about? For some reason I thought you were Sydney based?

I'm Sydney based, but Canberra clinic is a family connection. And that clinic is operated under QLD ART rules.

#159 IamOzgirl

Posted 07 April 2020 - 10:17 PM

Sigh.

Delay, because my period came early and you have to have 26 days between cycles. So I start the pill to delay ovulation for a week...

#160 *Andi*

Posted 24 April 2020 - 12:58 PM

Hi everyone, how are you doing? Is everything back on track Ozgirl?

Good week here, so happy the IVF ban was lifted on Tuesday! My clinic in Vic seems to be full steam ahead now. Then I got the call yesterday (took 3 weeks) saying that 3 of my 4 embryos passed the PGT! And the fourth was no result, so they can keep that there in case.

I'll start the pill in a couple of weeks, then I'm doing an HRT cycle. That's how I got DD1, but the other two were from low-dose Gonal-f FETs. I'm assuming it's because it's easier to manipulate the days and requires less monitoring, but I'll confirm that in my nursing appointment. Suits me though as I doubt I'll be able to take the DDs to any appointments and DH is at work a lot at the moment.

Hope you're all going well and able to get back into cycles!

#161 IamOzgirl

Posted 25 April 2020 - 08:19 PM

Hello, currently mid cycle for the Three Muskerteers!

That's what I am calling it because they are aiming for 3 follicles! (Gulp! Yep triplets possible!)

I stuffed up today, was supposed to get bloods, but I slept in after getting up for dawn service. And then no where was open.  

IUI should be next week sometime.

ETA - starsunmoon. We need an update!

Edited by IamOzgirl, 25 April 2020 - 08:20 PM.

#162 SunStarMoon

Posted 26 April 2020 - 10:32 AM

Three musketeers...love it ozgirl! Great results Andi! You must be so stoked with those results. Did your clinic stop FETs etc? Mine was doing ‘easy’ things (IUI FET, cycle tracking etc - though if they are so easy why do they cost a fortune 🙄).

Warning pregnancy mentioned

AFI hoping this is my last week here (no offence to you all). 6 and a bit weeks now, scan this week to confirm it’s hopefully in the right spot and still going as it should

#163 *Andi*

Posted 26 April 2020 - 04:02 PM

Congratulations SunStarMoon, that's wonderful! Good luck for your scan, make sure to come back and update us.

I'm really happy with the results thanks, last cycle I had one to test and it had a trisomy, so obviously way better this time! My clinic had to stop everything, I'm in Victoria and everything was stopped. So glad it has opened up in time, nursing appointment next week and I'll be good to go.

#164 Dolled

Posted 28 April 2020 - 05:05 PM

Great news SunStarMoon! We had our January cycles a couple of days apart.

AFM - after choosing to not proceed in my April cycle, I today had another AMH blood test and will hopefully start stim again next cycle.

#165 jb_85

Posted 29 April 2020 - 07:31 AM

Sunstarsmoon that's great news, I hope everything goes well for the next 9 months.
Andi that's great about the screening results!!
Oz whereabouts are you up to now? Do you have your IUI date yet?
We were on pause due to being in VIC and IVF and OI being on hold, however my pre screening blood tests showed some issues so now I have to get my prolactin levels re checked on day 2 of my next cycle. Haven't spoken to my FS yet but if it's still high I think we need to sort that out before starting treatment. Not to bummed about everything being slowed down with everything going on at the moment.

#166 IamOzgirl

Posted 29 April 2020 - 08:16 PM

my IUI is tomorrow!

Only one mature follicle though.

#167 IamOzgirl

Posted 30 April 2020 - 09:19 PM

So IUI is interesting...

TMI

But def got it up there in the cervix!

No dribble LOL

My mum came today - first ART procedure she had ever been too.

She was really concerned they didn't make me lie there with my legs in the air!

LOL

#168 jb_85

Posted 01 May 2020 - 08:17 PM

Haha legs in the air.
I don't know to much about the IUI process but do they use a catheter to get it right up there...no dribble lol
Do they also trigger ovulation?

#169 IamOzgirl

Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:04 PM

Yeah, full cycle like IVF.

Trigger and the sperm via catheter.

Isn’t that what you did?

Or did you hAve sex the old fashion way? After meds? LOL

#170 SunStarMoon

Posted 02 May 2020 - 07:33 AM

Warning. Trigger. Pregnancy and miscarriage

Hi all, thanks. But things aren’t looking good. Took the full body weight of a toddler to the uterus a day before the scan. Scan was good, baby had a heartbeat, but taking underwear off found blood in underwear. Cramping and blood haven’t stopped since. Will have another scan this week if don’t have complete miscarriage before then. I suspect it won’t be long though

#171 *Andi*

Posted 05 May 2020 - 05:14 PM

Gosh SunStarMoon, I'm so sorry to hear that. How are you going now? Have you spoken to your doctor about it? I hope it's all okay in there x

#172 34and46

Posted 11 May 2020 - 10:26 AM

Hi All,

I'm in the 2WW. Anyone else suffering with me?
I had 2 months off due to the bans in VIC but back on the horse now and wondering why i was so desperate to start this torture again :laugh:

My last was a chem pregnancy and i'm having the same 'symptoms' as the last  - i can't tell if i'm making  all the pains up or not! it really plays with the brain.

@sunstarmoon how are you going?

Hope mother's day was kind to all of you. It can be a hard one when you're on this journey.

Edited by 34and46, 11 May 2020 - 01:33 PM.

#173 IamOzgirl

Posted 11 May 2020 - 08:40 PM

Well my 10dpo test was negative (with a digi) and StarSunMoon and I are arguing over if it was too early or not. LOL

Will POAS again tomorrow morning but I'm convinced I'm out.

Mothers day is sh*t for me anyway. And we'll I may have drunk touch after the test.

#174 34and46

Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:44 AM

View PostIamOzgirl, on 11 May 2020 - 08:40 PM, said:

Well my 10dpo test was negative (with a digi) and StarSunMoon and I are arguing over if it was too early or not. LOL

Will POAS again tomorrow morning but I'm convinced I'm out.

Mothers day is sh*t for me anyway. And we'll I may have drunk touch after the test.

Judgement free zone! We all just need to get through each day.
Not giving up hope until the final whistle! @sunstarmoon might just be right

#175 IamOzgirl

Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:02 AM

I’m out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.