Red bleeding 5dp5dt

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Wonderstruck

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:00 PM

Has anyone experienced red bleeding at 5dp5dt?

I've had 2 FETs before this one. The first AF showed up at 9/10dp5dt, the second was a BFP with no bleeding at all but then had bleeding on and off for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.

I'm not on progesterone pesseries and had ovidrel boosters for luteal support. My last one was 3 days before transfer and no more was required as my progesterone was quite high.

I can't help but feel like I'm done and dusted but it feels awful early for a period.

#2 Froyohoho

Posted 29 January 2020 - 05:55 PM

I'd call your FS and ask for progesterone. Everything crossed!

#3 Wonderstruck

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for responding Froyo :)

Nurses said to monitor and they'd call me tomorrow. I'm not sure progesterone will help as the day before ET it was so high they didn't want me on any more luteal support?

I'm just very confused as I've never had a period this early during a FET.

Edited by Wonderstruck, 29 January 2020 - 06:17 PM.

#4 Froyohoho

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:32 PM

It could have dropped since though, I'd be checking it out.

#5 Mollyksy

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:35 PM

Could it be spotting? I know testing is useless given you had ovidrel unless you have tested it out (positive turned ro negative to show out if your system). I had some red spotting as I wiped and was pregnant. I dont know how heavy spotting can be and still be normal.

When do you get a blood test? Sorry but it looks like you will have to wait and see. Or (and what I'd realistically do and have done!) You could test on FRER and if it is a positive and it gets darker then its likely a BFP as the oviderel leaving your system would show progressively lighter tests. I got a light positive at your stage without a trigger so its possible.

(Background, 5 years of IVF, 8 pregnancies, 7 miscarriages, a zillion FRER tests, and only some BFPs with spotting, some no bleeding)

Edited to say best of luck OP both with this cycle and in staying sane! I know how this stuff can truly make you crazy.

Edited by Mollyksy, 29 January 2020 - 06:36 PM.

#6 Wonderstruck

Posted 29 January 2020 - 06:37 PM

I'll ask tomorrow thanks Froyo. Normally I have a pregnyl/ovidrel post ET too but I was so bloated and the levels said I didn't need to.

I'd also like to confirm if this is AF as I'd like to plan for another transfer. I found last failed transfer getting back into it really helped.

Don't tell me I need to wait till Tuesday (pregnancy test day) to get a firm answer.

I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge Froyo.

Edited by Wonderstruck, 29 January 2020 - 06:38 PM.

#7 Wonderstruck

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:20 PM

View PostMollyksy, on 29 January 2020 - 06:35 PM, said:

Could it be spotting? I know testing is useless given you had ovidrel unless you have tested it out (positive turned ro negative to show out if your system). I had some red spotting as I wiped and was pregnant. I dont know how heavy spotting can be and still be normal.

When do you get a blood test? Sorry but it looks like you will have to wait and see. Or (and what I'd realistically do and have done!) You could test on FRER and if it is a positive and it gets darker then its likely a BFP as the oviderel leaving your system would show progressively lighter tests. I got a light positive at your stage without a trigger so its possible.

(Background, 5 years of IVF, 8 pregnancies, 7 miscarriages, a zillion FRER tests, and only some BFPs with spotting, some no bleeding)

Edited to say best of luck OP both with this cycle and in staying sane! I know how this stuff can truly make you crazy.

I triggered with 130mg Ovidrel on 17 Jan, had another 60mg on Tuesday 21 Jan and then had ET on 24 Jan. Was supposed to have another 60mg ovidrel on 25 Jan but my progesterone was quite high so they said not to.

Bloods are due Tuesday 4 Feb.

I might POAS tomorrow if the nurses have no other advice than wait but I figured I might not see anything. I actually dont have any pregnancy tests around this time.

#8 *Andi*

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:04 PM

I have had implantation spotting on 10dpo, 11dpo and 12dpo (different pregnancies). Some people's is so heavy they think it's a period. Last cycle I had a cancelled stim and tried naturally at home, but was completely ready to start injecting again on day 1. So when I had some light spotting on day 12, I did a test fully expecting it to be negative but just wanting to be sure before jabbing. Was very surprised that it was positive (although mmc at 10 weeks).

So hopefully that's what it was. Will be a hard wait though! Good luck.

#9 Wonderstruck

Posted 29 January 2020 - 08:07 PM

Thanks Andi. A lot of telltale AF symptoms for me now (aching thighs, AF cramps, red covered toilet paper each wipe).

I guess the morning will tell. Just is a lot more than spotting now.

I'm sorry about the MMC Andi.

Edited by Wonderstruck, 29 January 2020 - 08:08 PM.

#10 Mollyksy

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:46 PM

Some pregnancies I got cramping as well. Quite marked cramping. That did freak me out. All the best OP. The waiting is so hard I know. Hang in there.

#11 rosie28

Posted 29 January 2020 - 11:11 PM

That doesn’t sound good. I’d be insisting on a progesterone test and supplements (don’t wait for the test results, supplements tomorrow). Progesterone levels can vary hugely within a short space of time, just because it was high doesn’t mean it still is. I had a heap of bleeding with my youngest and everything turned out fine, so it can happen. I’ll cross my fingers for you!

#12 Wonderstruck

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:21 AM

It's my period. This feels exactly like my previous failed cycle and I'm bleeding  a fair bit now.  

Going to head into the clinic now to confirm and hopefully set up round 2.

#13 Froyohoho

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:25 AM

I'm sorry.
I'd still get your P4 tested, HCG luteal support definitely doesn't seem to be a good fit for you.

#14 Wonderstruck

Posted 30 January 2020 - 05:36 AM

I will. I think they ran the works last time it failed. It's odd. It got me through to 9/10p5dt last time and a BFP the next. I'm not sure if my body would be different a few years older (those initial rounds and EPU were in 2016) and after having a child in 2017?

Feels like a wasted round as we are doing PGD to avoid a genetic disease with a 50/50 hit rate and also did the general genetic screening as well.

That said this round didn't feel like the last 2. It was a longer cycle and needed more fiddling.

FS is the type to call personally with results so I'll be picking his brains.

#15 *Andi*

Posted 30 January 2020 - 11:39 AM

I'm sorry it hasn't worked out Wonderstruck. I'm totally with you on the plan moving forward, it always helps me!

#16 Wonderstruck

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:03 PM

Nurse confirmed it was a BFN which was clear as I was in full flow today.

Waiting to hear back from FS about the treatment plan going forward.

Thanks for the support guys :)

#17 Wonderstruck

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:12 PM

FS called. He's confused too. Cycle was faultless from his end so he's going to add a progesterone pessary each night just to he safe and give it another shot straight away.

#18 Wonderstruck

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:16 PM

Thank you again for the support all. First day on the next medicated cycle do back on the horse!

#19 Mollyksy

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:35 PM

Good luck! Sorry this last cycle was a no go.

Sometimes your body just goes bonkers. I had like 10 natural FETs, ovulated day 16 pretty much like clockwork. One cycle I went in to start monitoring at day 10. My body had already ovulated!

I was moving to PGD too which was very new (for recurrent miscarriage). But got lucky on my eighth pregnancy after seven miscarriages. Mine was an egg quality thing they surmised from endo poisoned ovaries.

I tried clexane too some cycles but it didnt do much for me? Maybe something to ask the FS for next time. And to keep closer track of progesterone too perhaps.

#20 Wonderstruck

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:08 PM

In the middle of the follow up FET to the failed one. Triggered on Wednesday and starting progesterone pessaries (110mg each night) tomorrow as well as Ovidrel for luteal support tomorrow and a day post FET.

Progesterone will be checked on Monday and transfer booked for Wednesday.

Hoping this one sticks.

#21 Mollyksy

Posted 15 February 2020 - 08:36 PM

Good luck. It is such a roller coaster. Be kind to yourself.

#22 Wonderstruck

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:25 PM

Blast on board as today. This will be a tough 2ww for me I think. Ovidrel booster tomorrow and continuning with 110mg progesterone pessaries.

Beta on 2 March...Now not to turn into a crazy lady until then.

#23 Wonderstruck

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:51 AM

4dp5dt today. Had some intense stabbing pain on 2dp5dt and a bloated tummy. A little dizzy but all of that is likely the progesterone.

Tomorrow is the day where it went wrong on my last cycle so will be a tough one. Next tough day will be DDs 3rd birthday on Wednesday. Then will struggle on Saturday as AF arrived on 10dp5dt in the failed FET before DD.

Long week ahead. Going to try not to test and wait for BT on 2 March...

We will see.

Edited by Wonderstruck, 23 February 2020 - 12:12 PM.

#24 BBC

Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:06 PM

Fingers and toes crossed for you.

#25 ECsMum

Posted Yesterday, 10:03 AM

Everything crossed for you! x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.