I have decided to marry Will Smith (he doesn't know it yet)

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 Freddie'sMum

Posted 25 January 2020 - 09:44 AM

After a glorious Saturday morning of making the kids' breakfast, taking the garbage out, picking up dog poo and hanging out washing - I have made a major life decision.

I am going to marry Will Smith and live a Hollywood life far away from the suburbs.  I am sure Jada doesn't have to do the above (maybe she makes her kids breakfast) but I don't see her lugging garbage out or picking up dog poo.  In fact, I am convinced that once you reach a certain of level of wealth, you simply stop doing ordinary tasks.

I've always liked Will - and I am sure that my life would be dramatically improved if we were together.  

Now to find my expired passport and head to the airport...

#2 Bam1

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:08 AM

Well Jada did more than just marry Will Smith - I know its not your intention but you are giving her and other successful women a disservice. Jada was an actor in her own right and if she now has to not do the mundane things, its due to her own effort and not just because she married well.  You are also doing Will a disservice - he saw more in Jada than just someone who wants to use him for the good life.

I get not wanting to do the mundane just sick of the lets marry a rich man being presented as the way to do it.

#3 rainycat

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:18 AM

I’m paying my 10yo a dollar to pick up the dog turds...life changing for me, so worth the cash.

edited to add that I know it’s off topic but just worth a mention.

Edited by rainycat, 25 January 2020 - 10:28 AM.

#4 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:18 AM

I am hearing you OP and get the intent of your post.

A rich man would mean I could be a lady of leisure. I dont want to work, I just want it given to me. Winning the lotto works too.

I would just do whatever I wanted for the rest of my life.

#5 sarahec

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:21 AM

View PostBam1, on 25 January 2020 - 10:08 AM, said:

Well Jada did more than just marry Will Smith - I know its not your intention but you are giving her and other successful women a disservice. Jada was an actor in her own right and if she now has to not do the mundane things, its due to her own effort and not just because she married well.  You are also doing Will a disservice - he saw more in Jada than just someone who wants to use him for the good life.

I get not wanting to do the mundane just sick of the lets marry a rich man being presented as the way to do it.

I put a lot of effort into my career too and I’m poor. Oh well.

#6 Freddie'sMum

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:30 AM

Hey Bam1 - come to my house.  Please.

I've just had a screaming fit at my DH because our daughter doesn't eat.  I don't have a job.  I don't have any money.  I don't have a future that isn't completely ****ed up whatever happens.  And I've watched interviews with Jada and she's seriously cool.

#7 BadCat

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:38 AM

I get you OP.

An escapist fantasy is a wonderful thing when the (dog) sh*t hits the fan.

Personally I choose not remarry.  But if Brendon Urie or Gerard Way are open to it, I'm sure we could come up with a suitable arrangement in which I live a completely different existence that includes them. :)

I could also be tempted by Pete Wentz or Frank Iero.

#8 No Drama Please

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:40 AM

I totally get the need for escape OP. I think we need to win lotto and live a life of leisure. I’m thinking a lot of lying around by the pool, waving my hand around when I’d like a cocktail followed by a nap and dinner someplace fancy. definitely we would hire people to pick up after the dog!

#9 Jingleflea

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:46 AM

That reminds me, I'm dragging Dh to see the new Bad Boys movie the day school goes back( cheap Tuesday!).
I do like me some Will Smith too.

#10 Caribou

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:52 AM

I’d like Jeff Goldblum pls. Or Sam Neil. Or both. Honestly I’m not fussy. :lol:

If it helps, DH and I sometimes play the ‘if we didn’t have kids game.’ And fantasise about all the things we could be doing, like at he beach if we didn't have to spend our time preventing the kids flinging themselves into the ocean because they fancy themselves as Moana.

#11 Chchgirl

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:53 AM

View PostFreddie, on 25 January 2020 - 09:44 AM, said:

After a glorious Saturday morning of making the kids' breakfast, taking the garbage out, picking up dog poo and hanging out washing - I have made a major life decision.

I am going to marry Will Smith and live a Hollywood life far away from the suburbs.  I am sure Jada doesn't have to do the above (maybe she makes her kids breakfast) but I don't see her lugging garbage out or picking up dog poo.  In fact, I am convinced that once you reach a certain of level of wealth, you simply stop doing ordinary tasks.

I've always liked Will - and I am sure that my life would be dramatically improved if we were together.  

I get you here !

#12 Chchgirl

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:54 AM

View PostBadCat, on 25 January 2020 - 10:38 AM, said:

I get you OP.

An escapist fantasy is a wonderful thing when the (dog) sh*t hits the fan.

Personally I choose not remarry.  But if Brendon Urie or Gerard Way are open to it, I'm sure we could come up with a suitable arrangement in which I live a completely different existence that includes them. :)

I could also be tempted by Pete Wentz or Frank Iero.

My head just exploded with the thought of all of them 😁

#13 BadCat

Posted 25 January 2020 - 10:59 AM

View PostChchgirl, on 25 January 2020 - 10:54 AM, said:

My head just exploded with the thought of all of them ������

*fans self vigorously*

*throws in Mikey, Patrick, Dan, Mike, Ray, Joe, Andy and Nicole*

*dies in emo*

*revives to add Spencer*

*dies again*

Edited by BadCat, 25 January 2020 - 11:00 AM.

#14 IamtheMumma

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:00 AM

Happy to drive you to the airport OP.

Also, with your consent, :bighug: I get how sh*tty a future is when everything is stacked against you.

#15 BadCat

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:09 AM

Honestly OP, your post is not really a lot different from the fanfic I am writing.  I just took my alternate reality a step further by writing 300 pages worth of it.  I live there quite often.

Sure beats working and dealing with MH issues and cat vomit and cleaning and...  oh, gotta go, Brendon's calling me. :evilgrin:

#16 ceeshell

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:26 AM

I enjoy seeing on Instagram the messages that Nicole Richie sends to Joel Madden occasionally when he’s out of the country: photos of the dog poo she’s leaving for him to deal with when he gets home.

Edited by ceeshell, 25 January 2020 - 11:27 AM.

#17 Silver Girl

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:27 AM

I get it, OP. I sometimes reflect in those moments how the Royal family (for some reason that’s who comes to mind) doesn’t have to worry about planning all the details of their holidays including packing; planning and cooking meals; taking out rubbish; changing dirty nappies; putting out washing after a long day’s work, etc etc.

Even though I’d hate the spotlight and many other aspects of their lives, the grass looks green over there sometimes!

#18 Ellie bean

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:31 AM

I lead a surprisingly detailed alternate life with a particular movie star when having to do tedious things irl so I totally get it.
Actually I’ve always lived an alternate life with either someone I know or someone famous since I was about 15!

#19 BabyRed

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:38 AM

I once read an interesting AskReddit thread where someone asked "What do the rich buy that the rest of us barely know exists?"
And the top answer was "time". Rich people can pay someone to do all those crappy tasks that chew up our day, and therefore have way more time on their hands.
And so money = time. Which really sounds like money = happiness to me lol.

#20 Chchgirl

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:38 AM

View PostBadCat, on 25 January 2020 - 10:59 AM, said:

*fans self vigorously*

*throws in Mikey, Patrick, Dan, Mike, Ray, Joe, Andy and Nicole*

*dies in emo*

*revives to add Spencer*

*dies again*

My 52 year old heart can't take this 😂😂

#21 BadCat

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:41 AM

View PostEllie bean, on 25 January 2020 - 11:31 AM, said:

I lead a surprisingly detailed alternate life with a particular movie star when having to do tedious things irl so I totally get it.
Actually I’ve always lived an alternate life with either someone I know or someone famous since I was about 15!

Same really.  I've always had a whole other life inside my head.  Probably since very early childhood actually.  Obviously not in any way romantic or sexual at that stage, but I always had another life on the side.

But go on, spill.  Who are you with now?

View PostChchgirl, on 25 January 2020 - 11:38 AM, said:

My 52 year old heart can't take this ������������

My heart is older and they all live in my head. :)

Edited by BadCat, 25 January 2020 - 12:03 PM.

#22 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:42 AM

View PostEllie bean, on 25 January 2020 - 11:31 AM, said:

Me too.

Its nice to know others do it too.

#23 Caribou

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:02 PM

Okay.

You can’t say you dated a famous person and then don’t give us more details. :lol: isn’t that like illegal by EB police?

#24 Ellie bean

Posted 25 January 2020 - 12:07 PM

Mine’s very predictable- Bradley Cooper. My true love is Brandon Flowers from the killers but he seems too happily married for it to be a really satisfying alternate life, it would feel wrong lol.

#25 steppy

Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:08 PM

View PostFreddie, on 25 January 2020 - 09:44 AM, said:

You are so wrong. Jada is perfect. She has done many interviews explaining how perfect she is. She would not only make her kids breakfast, take garbage out, pick up poo and do washing and do an hour of yoga, but she would do it all while singing like a diva and looking like she just came from her favourite salon - of course, she would have done her own hair and makeup too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.