MAFS 2020

• Please log in to reply
676 replies to this topic

Poll: MAFS 2020 (101 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be watching?

1. Yes yes yes. I hope somebody wears wine again! (41 votes [40.59%])

Percentage of vote: 40.59%

2. Nup. Gotta wash my driveway. (21 votes [20.79%])

Percentage of vote: 20.79%

3. Only if there is at least one genuine couple (9 votes [8.91%])

Percentage of vote: 8.91%

4. Only if there is another scrag fight (7 votes [6.93%])

Percentage of vote: 6.93%

5. Na - following on social media will tell me everything I need to know (23 votes [22.77%])

Percentage of vote: 22.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 steppy

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:52 PM

So, I had a look at the new cast for MAFS 2020. They look just as bad as the last cast. I honestly don't think I can bear another season of social media wannabees but I'm wondering who does and who does not intend to watch again?

https://www.who.com....sight-2020-cast

#2 #YKG

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:57 PM

I’m watching at least the wedding episodes at minimum.

I’m a sucker for trashy TV.

#3 Beancat

Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:40 PM

cannot wait

AND LIZZIE IS BACK!!!!!!

#4 #YKG

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:25 PM

View PostBeancat, on 14 January 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

cannot wait

AND LIZZIE IS BACK!!!!!!

I’m looking forward to her least. She is just cringe.

#5 Chchgirl

Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:48 PM

Definitely watching even though last year was too much but I can't help it!

#6 JustCurious100

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:04 PM

Question - is this the same Ivan/evaaaan as The Bachelor? And why are his pants too short and he doesnt wear socks with his shoes #nanna

#7 PrincessPeach

Posted 23 January 2020 - 07:27 PM

No need. My mum fills me im on the interesting stuff.

#8 #YKG

Posted 03 February 2020 - 04:44 PM

It starts tonight!

#9 newmumandexcited

Posted 03 February 2020 - 04:46 PM

CAN’T WAIT

#10 Chchgirl

Posted 03 February 2020 - 05:04 PM

Omg can't wait, thanks getflix vpn!

#11 amdirel

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:02 PM

I actually don't want to watch this year as I read the cast bio's and they all sound like trashbags who are on there to increase their social media followers... but my kids are SO excited, they've been counting down the days lol. So looks like I'll be watching again!

#12 Serapod

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:30 PM

Poppy won't be happy with her partner

#13 #YKG

Posted 03 February 2020 - 07:54 PM

Went to the gym, now I’m sitting down to eat and watch MAFS.

I know it’s trashy and most will be trashy but I love it

#14 Chchgirl

Posted 03 February 2020 - 09:09 PM

View PostSerapod, on 03 February 2020 - 07:30 PM, said:

Poppy won't be happy with her partner

And he's so lovely..

#15 VigilantePaladin

Posted 04 February 2020 - 11:52 AM

Josh and Cathy...FTW!!

Poppy and Luke? Time will tell. I can understand that she misses her boys but she also needs to keep telling herself that she has left them with someone that she trusts immensely and that they will be fine. She's their mum but she's not dead. Time for something for her.

#16 Chchgirl

Posted 04 February 2020 - 01:36 PM

View PostVigilantePaladin, on 04 February 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

Josh and Cathy...FTW!!

Poppy and Luke? Time will tell. I can understand that she misses her boys but she also needs to keep telling herself that she has left them with someone that she trusts immensely and that they will be fine. She's their mum but she's not dead. Time for something for her.

Agreed. If you leave it till your kids are grown up like mine,  they'd sell you off for a can of beer.

Well maybe that's just my kids 😀

#17 AnaBeavenhauser

Posted 04 February 2020 - 02:26 PM

The producers are picking up on any little doubts and fuelling them, egging on her neurosis, for television. Poppy's Achilles heel is her kids....

#18 Flamincrows

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:09 PM

Couldn’t vote - I only watch the weddings to see what crappy matches the so-called “experts” and producers match and then look on social media every now and then.

I actually feel for Poppy, I think the last two years she has been super focused on her boys. I don’t really think however, that she is ready for this - again producers will play on it. I think Luke is a great guy, but said No straight away, it seems like they have picked them as they have kids in common and that’s about it. - Won’t last

Josh and Cathy - At first I was a firm No again, as I thought he was matched the the blonde (grey looking) lady with two kids, but when I realised it was Cathy, well I actually think they might go ok. Though, I think she led the Hen’s night and might very well add fuel to any fire that happens at the dinner table. Josh is also very good looking, I think that will play with her insecurities.

Two things though - were both the ladies getting married to each other at the hens? I was kind of waiting for one of them to turn up at the batchie party?

Why didn’t they have Lizzie go to the Hens? I didn’t see her there at all?

I actually can’t wait for the rest of the weddings!

Edited by Flamincrows, 04 February 2020 - 04:10 PM.

#19 Chchgirl

Posted 04 February 2020 - 04:36 PM

I think Poppy isn't ready either, she has a lot to work through, she's still young, the boys are still young, it can take a lot of time to be ready for another person,  from personal experience. .

I hope Josh and Cathy work. He seems good for her,  too young for me and not my type but it's not about me!

Edited by Chchgirl, 04 February 2020 - 04:38 PM.

#20 ABabyPlease

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:37 PM

Why do they match people living in different states?  It makes everything much more complicated, especially those with kids, it's really not fair.

#21 got my tinsel on

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:57 PM

Tash's bridesmaids are trouble making b**ches,

I wonder if Mikey is part of the Moran (aged care facilities) family.

#22 Chchgirl

Posted 04 February 2020 - 08:33 PM

Jeez Mikey is young enough to be my child! I want to do his washing and cook him dinner!

#23 #notallcats

Posted 05 February 2020 - 02:45 PM

Mikey reminds me of Billy from last season.

#24 Jen1

Posted 05 February 2020 - 05:54 PM

View Post#notallcats, on 05 February 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

Mikey reminds me of Billy from last season.
That is what I thought too!

#25 4lilchicks

Posted 05 February 2020 - 06:50 PM

I think they should've matched Poppy with Chris, seeing him talking just now about missing his boys when they are with their mum was so sad. I think they would've both understood each other better.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.